Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Warfarin is a tablet, not an injection,

It can be given as either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

El_Bee wrote: »
    Gibberish, the US is a foreign country with a VASTLY different culture and about 100 times our population, you're comparing apples to space shuttles.

Let me help you out there chief as there seem to be some crucial pieces of information lacking in your perspective.

When you break the law then you are committing a crime, same in US. Punishment for crime is incarceration, this usually occurs in what we call Prison, same as US. When prisons reach capacity then more prisons are built, and guess what - they do this in the US too.

What problem does building more prisons solve? Answer: lack of prison space.

frag420 wrote: »
    FYP...

Well done, you’ve just ensured we have more criminality, let me know when you’re running for election.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

begbysback wrote: »
    Nonsense? Seriously have a look at what you’re saying, build more prisons, lock more people up, give everybody a criminal conviction - that’ll sort out the mess.

Do you see where this is heading or do you need a little direction?
    I never said that at all, you seem to be happy with overcrowded prisons, prisoners sleeping on the floor and criminals running round free with 100 convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Let me help you out there chief as there seem to be some crucial pieces of information lacking in your perspective.

When you break the law then you are committing a crime, same in US. Punishment for crime is incarceration, this usually occurs in what we call Prison, same as US. When prisons reach capacity then more prisons are built, and guess what - they do this in the US too.

Prisons in America are a private for profit business that does nothing but hold criminals. Nothing like Irish prisons in the slightest

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

No warifin clips given in the jail if broken down you can use the spike with a pen.

Warfarin is a tablet, not an injection,

Thats good, jail give it as injection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

spurious wrote: »
    There are people who call the guards 'feds'?
    All the 12 year olds on here do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well done, you’ve just ensured we have more criminality, let me know when you’re running for election.

So locking up criminals in a prison is ensuring that there is more criminality?

Have you had a stroke or something, how does that make any sense at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Obviously, I was referring to your remarks about crime in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Thats good, jail give it as injection
    Leaves you black and blue too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/IRISHPOWER2/status/1148960856484589573?s=09

Edit: no pun intended. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Prisons overcrowded they are being encouraged to not jail as many. Won't change until they build more prisons but the government don't seem to have any interest in doing so, it is not in any of their development strategies or long term plans.

The Solicitors want to see them back out on the street. Its one big gravy train. They keep the steady state legal aid money coming in week after week and then the solicitor will have a house sale or two on top plus some genuine poor fcuker who has to pay his own way for some bullsh1t speeding fine.

Solictors grow up to be barristers and judges in a lot of cases or know them well so they know which side their bread was buttered. When it hits home and they get burgled or mugged the heavy sentences don't be long coming afterwards but until then they're someone else's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Prisons in America are a private for profit business that does nothing but hold criminals. Nothing like Irish prisons in the slightest

Irish prisons are far to soft. Glorified holiday camps with Sky, weights rooms, pool tables etc. If you're part of a crew its a walk in the park. They need to give these guys a good reason to never want to go back. Back breaking work 10 hours a day and the blandest food possible. A decent bed to sleep in and back up for more the following day. None of this soft sh1t that passes for rehabilitation. They wouldn't be taking drugs or have the energy to knife someone if their hole was broke from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnsmithsnan

Someone seriously needs to take a bullet soon this thread is full of people having debates .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

threeball wrote: »
    Irish prisons are far to soft.

Not really man, its subjective An Irish jail would indeed seem like a holiday camp if you compare it to let's say Singapore, the US or even our Celtic cousins France.

Irish prisons are far to soft. Glorified holiday camps with Sky, weights rooms, pool tables etc. If you're part of a crew its a walk in the park. They need to give these guys a good reason to never want to go back. Back breaking work 10 hours a day and the blandest food possible. A decent bed to sleep in and back up for more the following day. None of this soft sh1t that passes for rehabilitation. They wouldn't be taking drugs or have the energy to knife someone if their hole was broke from work.

There isn't sky in the cells.

Oh sweet Jesus, I fear for the future of humanity when this is the current output. Do yourself a favor and google Johann Hari, maybe listen to him on joe rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

No but there is sky in the communal /tv room ..
    I always remember lonergan calling the inmates “ his boys” and he did everything to rehabilitate “ his boys”. His view was that sky sports and movies makes the place less aggressive ..

What he didn’t take into account was that some of his boys just didn’t want to rehabilitate themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

hawkelady wrote: »

No but there is sky in the communal /tv room ..
    I always remember lonergan calling the inmates “ his boys” and he did everything to rehabilitate “ his boys”. His view was that sky sports and movies makes the place less aggressive ..

What he didn’t take into account was that some of his boys just didn’t want to rehabilitate themselves

John lonergan was An animal. A communcal room you get to use for 3 hours a day and the TV is very rarely used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Yeah I heard they only get the Eir TV pack.
    That will soon learn them.

John lonergan was An animal. A communcal room you get to use for 3 hours a day and the TV is very rarely used

John Lonergan was a zookeeper, a highly intelligent, compassionate man with great drive and vision.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

John Lonergan was a zookeeper, a highly intelligent, compassionate man with great drive and vision.

John Lonergan was a great man to listen to on the radio explaining the issues with Mountjoy and other prisons. Far from an animal. His job was dealing with Murderers, Drug dealers and thieves yet you call him the animal? Says a lot about yourself really.

Your opinion. Mine wasn't that.

Because you were an inmate of his?

Because you were an inmate of his?
    Yes I make no bones of it, I've admitted it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Oh sweet Jesus, I fear for the future of humanity when this is the current output. Do yourself a favor and google Johann Hari, maybe listen to him on joe rogan.
    Humanity has been crossed , Sean .

Oh the Swings and Fall - Abouts !:P

Yes I make no bones of it, I've admitted it

I know you have. Lets say someone robbed your house one night? or assaulted your son/ daughter, do you think if they were in Mountjoy, John Lonergan should be super nice to them Or treat them like criminals?:confused:

Oh you poor little snowflake, how did you manage at all with only three hours a day in the "communcal" room?

The prison must have been very tough for you.

All because of the big bad man in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

maybe mods should lock this thread until there's an actual shooting, there's plenty of threads on crime and punishment already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement