Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I believe Trump has almost 0% control of America now. Bolton, Pompeo and forces from foreign anti-Iran entities literally call the shots. This crowd are capable of anything and they want one thing regarding Iran: a colony.

Sadly, this nuclear option is in their heads and I can see the evil logic. 1st of all, threaten Iran with a nuclear attack unless Ali Khamenei obeys certain demands that make Iran a colony of the evil in control of America now. Khamenei calls their bluff.

The regime in control of America order 2 nuclear bombings of 2 relatively unimportant Iranian cities (and there is massive loss of life) and threaten 'Tehran is next'. An offer is made: Khamenei can stay on as Shah and Hassan Rouhani as president but they have to install a new government and give the guys in control of America most of Iran's assets. Social and political reforms are also demanded of Khamenei to make things look 'good' in the eyes of the world. Khamenei of course capitulates and Iran becomes 'an important strategic partner of the US'. This is EXACTLY what was done somewhere else further East of Iran in the 1940s.

A colony? No. That's being a bit silly tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Odhinn wrote: »
    A colony? No. That's being a bit silly tbh.

Not a colony in the traditional sense but these neo-Republican slimeballs are tied in with the Saudis and have got 'America' or whatever that place is now addicted to Saudi oil. And that's the main problem for all this drivel.

Gatling wrote: »
    ,I'd imagine they have watched too much game of thrones

And the show on at 10.25 on RTE 2 this evening that shall not be named!!! And Batman (Trump as the Joker and Giuliani as the Penguin!). But Trump thinks he's Batman if he watched Batman Begins and Wayne Tower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Not a colony in the traditional sense but these neo-Republican slimeballs are tied in with the Saudis and have got 'America' or whatever that place is now addicted to Saudi oil. And that's the main problem for all this drivel.

A Vassal State is the term you are looking for...same as all the others including the UK that make up the US empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

America is now a net exporter of energy. Do try and keep up.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It is John Bolton and Mike Pompeo working on behalf of Saudi Arabia, Mojahedin e Khalq and Netanyahu that controls it and it is their agenda that is being pushed
    So how do you think they are controlling Bolton / Pompeo? Money or sex?

notobtuse wrote: »
    America is now a net exporter of energy. Do try and keep up.

Yes but they are still besotted with Saudi Arabia! That doesn't change the North American despots' world view which is stuck in the bloody cold war. They haven't moved past 1981.

smurfjed wrote: »

These evil people love both of these and pretend to be motivated by religion. The North American despots and the Saudi despots are the very same in this and all ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Odhinn

smurfjed wrote: »

Sexy money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Isn't it good of Iran not to be doing any attacks while Trump, Bin Salman and co. are busy in talks at the G20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Isn't it good of Iran not to be doing any attacks while Trump, Bin Salman and co. are busy in talks at the G20?

Sure it's only Saturday or maybe they are too busy enjoying pride weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

John Bolton is an evil son of a bitch. Over 100,000 deaths in Iraq, the creation of ISIS, the Syrian refugee crisis, the inspiration for suicide attacks right across Europe, the mess in Afghanistan.

All the above was based on lies. There were no WMD's. There's simply no credibility with them.

Any American I've met has been very nice and friendly. But they end up with a government that has elements there that have very dark and dangerous motivations.

Bolton still has a voice in power. I mean he actually defends the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. They were and are complete clusterfuks.

Wars are messy and unpredictable. It doesn't follow the logic of - Saddam Hussein is a bad man, let's take him out, now everything is okay and fine. No, they ruined that country for generations. All the dead people there couldn't give a crap who is in power now.

It's like with North Korea. They deserve to be liberated from a tyrant for sure. But nobody knows how things will play out if it's done. Japan could get nukes, you could have millions of refugees flooding over the border in South Korea and China, you have hundreds of thousands of North Korean loyalists prepared for suicide bombings in South Korea. And on and on.

John Bolton is an evil son of a bitch. Over 100,000 deaths in Iraq, the creation of ISIS, the Syrian refugee crisis, the inspiration for suicide attacks right across Europe, the mess in Afghanistan.

All the above was based on lies. There were no WMD's. There's simply no credibility with them.

Any American I've met has been very nice and friendly. But they end up with a government that has elements there that have very dark and dangerous motivations.

Bolton still has a voice in power. I mean he actually defends the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. They were and are complete clusterfuks.

Wars are messy and unpredictable. It doesn't follow the logic of - Saddam Hussein is a bad man, let's take him out, now everything is okay and fine. No, they ruined that country for generations. All the dead people there couldn't give a crap who is in power now.

It's like with North Korea. They deserve to be liberated from a tyrant for sure. But nobody knows how things will play out if it's done. Japan could get nukes, you could have millions of refugees flooding over the border in South Korea and China, you have hundreds of thousands of North Korean loyalists prepared for suicide bombings in South Korea. And on and on.

Bolton is the major reason for all this evil and there was no need whatsoever for Trump to have included him into his government. By doing so, Trump sold out his country to the very thing Americans voted against. Unless Trump can get rid of the Bolton and Pompeo regime, his chances of re-election are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Bolton is the major reason for all this evil and there was no need whatsoever for Trump to have included him into his government. By doing so, Trump sold out his country to the very thing Americans voted against. Unless Trump can get rid of the Bolton and Pompeo regime, his chances of re-election are slim.

That's the thing with Bolton and Pompeo. They are actually not patriotic or loyal to the American people. They are hurting them financially with the cost of these wars, troops are dying because of them, they are creating more enemies of the people, and any 'soft' power that the US has is being eroded.

They are basically anti American while pretending to be patriotic.

The balls on him to say with a straight face how Iraq and Afghanistan went great is unbelievable.

Trump doesn't have a hope of getting reelected with those scumbags in charge.

What motivates these people?

That's the thing with Bolton and Pompeo. They are actually not patriotic or loyal to the American people. They are hurting them financially with the cost of these wars, troops are dying because of them, they are creating more enemies of the people, and any 'soft' power that the US has is being eroded.

They are basically anti American while pretending to be patriotic.

The balls on him to say with a straight face how Iraq and Afghanistan went great is unbelievable.

Trump doesn't have a hope of getting reelected with those scumbags in charge.

What motivates these people?

They are the worst. Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton are 2 more of the same types. You notice too there was nothing radically wrong with Trump's admin up until April 2018 when Bolton and Pompeo joined. Since then, it is one manufactured cold war era crisis revival after another.

Trump would be better getting rid of these 2 and pinning the blame on them for all that is wrong (they deserve it). They are as you say and for the reason you say anti-Americans pretending to be patriots. You notice GW Bush's admin also improved the minute he got rid of Bolton and the similar Rumsfeld.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Europe has brought in a trading system to circumvent the US sanctions on Iran.
    The price of oil dropped on the announcement of this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-28/trump-unleash-hell-europe-after-eu-says-spv-circumvent-swift-and-iran-sanctions-now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Europe has brought in a trading system to circumvent the US sanctions on Iran.
    The price of oil dropped on the announcement of this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-28/trump-unleash-hell-europe-after-eu-says-spv-circumvent-swift-and-iran-sanctions-now

Trumps twitter should be fun over the next 48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

It's like with North Korea. They deserve to be liberated from a tyrant for sure.

Mostly agree but the parts in bold you are incorrect.
    If I were as sheepish as Trump, I'd definitely have the scariest guy on my team I could think of (as a deterrent).
    "Suicide bombings came about through Hafez al-Assad making an alliance with Ayatollah Khomeini who developed the 'new idea' of how to fight his enemies, and defend the revolution. He told his followers that they could destroy themselves in order to save the revolution. providing that in the process they killed as many enemies around them as possible.
    It was a weird perversion of Shia Islam, that was harboured in Syria by Hafez al-Assad. 90% of fighters in Iraq were foreign."

Hypernormalization- Adam Curtis

Detailed 27mins15seconds in

What you say about liberating North Korea is true, they deserve it, but even without counting their nukes, they have enough live ammunition pointed at Seoul, they could decimate the city in a couple of hours.
    I mean look what happened to Libya, and of course Iraq. Is removing these guys always the best thing to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48784786

Iran has breached the limit on its stockpile of enriched uranium set under a 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, the global watchdog has confirmed.

The International Atomic Energy Agency said its inspectors had verified the 300kg (660lb) cap had been exceeded.

Iran stepped up production of enriched uranium, which is used to make reactor fuel and potentially nuclear weapons, in response to reinstated US sanctions.

European nations have warned that any violation will bring consequences.

Expect new tensions from this announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wonder if Israel might decide to go it alone and hit Iranian facilities ,
    The repeated strikes on Syria might be practice runs

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Wonder if Israel might decide to go it alone and hit Iranian facilities ,
    The repeated strikes on Syria might be practice runs
    That possibility is more alarming than what Trump tweets. Is it really worth the long-term consequences of buying into what Instex does in the short-term? I don’t think Israel can take a 10% chance of 100% annihilation from a country that continues to advocate for them being wiped off the map and has been working on developing ‘the bomb.’ Iran is fortifying the defenses of their nuclear sites, and they may soon be nearly impossible to destroy. If an attack by Israel happens on their enrichment facilities (know and unknown to the IAEA) it will probably be in the next couple of months. Will running an end-around US sanctions be worth it then?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That possibility is more alarming than what Trump tweets. Is it really worth the long-term consequences of buying into what Instex does in the short-term? I don’t think Israel can take a 10% chance of 100% annihilation from a country that continues to advocate for them being wiped off the map and has been working on developing ‘the bomb.’ Iran is fortifying the defenses of their nuclear sites, and they may soon be nearly impossible to destroy. If an attack by Israel happens on their enrichment facilities (know and unknown to the IAEA) it will probably be in the next couple of months. Will running an end-around US sanctions be worth it then?

Iran has never called for Israel to be wiped off the map. Why does this falsehood keep getting repeated?

I presume your referencing Ahmadinejads comments?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Iran has never called for Israel to be wiped off the map. Why does this falsehood keep getting repeated?

I presume your referencing Ahmadinejads comments?
    Yes, and the like comments ever since.

That far-right institution called The New York Times claims they did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/27/world/africa/wipe-israel-off-the-map-iranian-says.html

Yes, and the like comments ever since.

That far-right institution called The New York Times claims they did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/27/world/africa/wipe-israel-off-the-map-iranian-says.html

Not once was "Israel", "wipe" and "map" mentioned by Ahmadinejad in this speech. Have you read the full transcript?

Not once was "Israel", "wipe" and "map" mentioned by Ahmadinejad in this speech. Have you read the full transcript?
    I read the reporting. Are you saying The New York Times, and most of the other well-respected media outlets, provides us with fake news?

I read the reporting. Are you saying The New York Times, and most of the other well-respected media outlets, provides us with fake news?

Yes. Hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Don't be fooled into thinking everything you read from these media outlets are true.

Propaganda isn't always as clear as day and it probably won't be in our lifetime that we realise what's been true and what hasn't.

I think it's safe to say that America and anyone supporting them are on the wrong side of history.

But we still need to suck on the nipple to sustain this western lifestyle, so keep the head down and say nothing.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Don't be fooled into thinking everything you read from these media outlets are true.

Propaganda isn't always as clear as day and it probably won't be in our lifetime that we realise what's been true and what hasn't.

I think it's safe to say that America and anyone supporting them are on the wrong side of history.

But we still need to suck on the nipple to sustain this western lifestyle, so keep the head down and say nothing.

By all means say what you want... we've become accustomed to negative opinions from people who rely so heavily on us. It's just human nature, I figure. And everyone's allowed their opinions.

GooglePlus wrote: »

I remember well all this anti-Ahmadinejad stuff. It was hyper and mostly untrue. They said he was one of the hostage takers from the cold war era which later was proven false.

Of course, fake news is reported everywhere but often what is not said at all is the worst form of fake news. For example, we never hear who mass produces suicide vests for evil terrorists like Al Qaeda and ISIS or where these evil organisations get all their money and guns. The relationship between America's worst politicians and Saudi Arabia are at the core of why we don't hear about such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It's strange though that those who portray Israel as the 'victim' of those words never ever mention that Israel has wiped Palestine off the map.

Advertisement