Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Gatling wrote: »
    So basically none of them ,no

Shucks

Wrong.

Lets stick to the topic. You claim there be no war here and Iranians will be destroyed in days. They are too weak to fight back.

We see in time who right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You claim there be no war here and Iranians will be destroyed in days. They are too weak to fight back.

I'm right .(none of your claims or conspiracy theories have been proven to be true ) this is fact .

Didn't say they would be destroyed in days ,and never said they were too weak to fight again your clearly making stuff up again .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Are Hezbollah Sunni, Shia, or neither ???

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

your clearly making stuff up again .

The sh1t you've making up makes me think your a closet comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

nthclare wrote: »
    Are Hezbollah Sunni, Shia, or neither ???

Shia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

No point even engaging with Gatling. He's been parroting the hard-line John Bolton rhetoric here for years, and no amount of facts or arguments will away him into any reasonable line of thinking.

I've yet to see him post anything original here that sounds like it come from his own thinking on the subject and not just parroting the latest pro-US talking points.

His posts get tired real quick.

I'm right .(none of your claims or conspiracy theories have been proven to be true ) this is fact .

Didn't say they would be destroyed in days ,and never said they were too weak to fight again your clearly making stuff up again .

Have you changed your opinion recently. For years you been saying Iran weak and American military would crush them in days. Maybe after hearing things you reviewed your stance?

Its a conspiracy to believe a war with Iran likely? Have you not followed the news.

So Trump never ordered a strike against Iran thursday, it never happened. Explain your alternative theory as to really happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

And it is pretty evident, IMO, Saudi Arabia is spoiling for a fight with Iran. There is definitely something in the works now regarding Iran. I would be surprised if Saudi Arabia doesn’t play a key role in what happens
    What would they have to gain? They are already having a bad enough time with the Iranian supplied missiles in Yemen, so they are very aware of the range and capabilities of these cheap drones. The Iranians can very easily close the gulf, leaving the oil exporting economies of Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar (Gas) and the UAE in tatters. Saudi would still have some export abilities through the Red Sea, but places like Dubai would become a ghost town overnight.

It's not a scenario that has any winners.

smurfjed wrote: »
    What would they have to gain? They are already having a bad enough time with the Iranian supplied missiles in Yemen, so they are very aware of the range and capabilities of these cheap drones. The Iranians can very easily close the gulf, leaving the oil exporting economies of Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar (Gas) and the UAE in tatters. Saudi would still have some export abilities through the Red Sea, but places like Dubai would become a ghost town overnight.

Iran is the chief financer and sponsor of Shia groups in the Middle East, remove the regime, it gives Saudi Arabia and Isreal control of the entire gulf. There was a reason Saudi Arabia armed the militants in Syrian war and was done so to place a Sunni led government in Syria.

Iran is the enemy, and these nations would be more then happy to see the United States fight the war.

There strategic thinking is it be messy, but in the end it remove the mullahs in Iran. Thats why they supported the first gulf war against Iraq. Saddam threatened Kuwait and ally of Saudi Arabia.

Have you changed your opinion recently. For years you been saying Iran weak and American military would crush them in days

No I haven't you are clearly making stuff up .

I Never said that

• Advertisement

No point even engaging with Gatling. He's been parroting the hard-line John Bolton rhetoric here for years,

That's a new one don't support American foreign policies definitely not a trump supporter definitely not a Bolton fan .

But yes keep up the lies and trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Such as?

According to Netanyahu, these precision missiles are capable of striking with 10 meters (32 feet) of their given target. Hezbollah is believed to have an arsenal of between 100,000 and 150,000 rockets and missiles, though the vast majority are thought to lack precision technology.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-sends-hezbollah-gps-parts-to-turn-rockets-into-precision-missiles-report/

Israeli officials estimate Hezbollah has stockpiled approximately 150,000 missiles, compared to about 15,000 before the 34-day war in 2006 war that killed about 1,200 Lebanese and 165 Israelis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/whats-next-for-hezbollah-after-its-syria-adventure/2018/12/11/4818d7e2-fd66-11e8-a17e-162b712e8fc2_story.html?utm_term=.fc062955c6ec

The BICOM document said Hezbollah is currently thought to have only a relatively small number of precision missiles, somewhere between 20 and 200. But even this number, combined with its enormous quantity of “dumb” missiles (which Israel estimates at between 100,000 and 150,000), would be capable of doing damage to Israel’s infrastructure.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/.premium-iran-s-covert-scheme-to-upgrade-hezbollah-s-rocket-arsenal-revealed-1.6978683

There are known rocket stockpiles remaining in Syria—and, clearly, there are larger missiles, as last month’s launch showed—but the world leader in the field is Hezbollah in Lebanon, with an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 rockets of all ranges and payloads aimed at Israel.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/to-target-israel-irans-suitcase-gps-kits-turn-hezbollah-rockets-into-guided-missiles

That’s because Hezbollah has used the intervening period to fortify one of the world’s most powerful militias, gaining strength through its hold over Lebanese politics, an influx of fighters battle-hardened from Syria’s civil war, and an arsenal that Israel says has been boosted 10-fold to about 150,000 missiles.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-10/israel-faces-a-more-formidable-hezbollah-digging-in-from-lebanon

Enjoy the read and hopefully snap out of your denial syndrome.

I'm disputing the number of 150,000. I am well aware that both sides have rockets. One side was actual rockets, then other side have makeshift DIY small rockets. Would you like to hazard a guess which side and which 'rockets' have killed the most?

Again, have you any unbiased legitimate sources? Atleast 4 of your sources are either ran by or have members on the board that are from Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

smurfjed wrote: »

Saudi Arabia and the UAE have been alarmed by Iran’s military reach for some time and recent events make that much more prevalent. Doing something militarily to limit Iran’s influence in the region might make sense before Iran does something even more drastic which puts the entire region in disarray.

Under Trump the only three things that would trigger a US military response going forward: Attacks against American personnel, Iran acquiring fissile material for a nuclear bomb, and any direct Iranian attack on Israel. If any of those scenarios happen I don’t think it would be hard for Trump to get support from Congress to begin a military response.

Saudi Arabia has a bunch of nice shinny new military objects. I don't think it would be all that hard keeping Iran in check, and their bases would be open to US assets.

Time for the leaders of Iran to scale back their threats or face losing support from, and power over, their people.

And there are always winners and losers.... But sometimes it takes a long game to establish which is which.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

bunderoon wrote: »
    I'm disputing the number of 150,000. I am well aware that both sides have rockets. One side was actual rockets, then other side have makeshift DIY small rockets. Would you like to hazard a guess which side and which 'rockets' have killed the most?

Again, have you any unbiased legitimate sources? Atleast 4 of your sources are either ran by or have members on the board that are from Israel.

I thought you'd accept Usraeli sources as legitimate as they are the ones all the rockets are aimed at.

The BBC good enough for you?
    There have been outbreaks of violence between Israel and Hezbollah across the Israel-Lebanon border, which is heavily fortified. Hezbollah has built up an extensive arsenal since the 2006 conflict, with Israeli intelligence suggesting it possesses up to 150,000 rockets.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46437629

Your confusing Hamas with Hezbollah I think, HAMAS have DIY rockets, Hezbollah have real rockets/missiles.

Hezbollah_chart_FINAL-03.jpg

And thats from https://www.csis.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭bunderoon

I thought you'd accept Usraeli sources as legitimate as they are the ones all the rockets are aimed at.

The BBC good enough for you?
    There have been outbreaks of violence between Israel and Hezbollah across the Israel-Lebanon border, which is heavily fortified. Hezbollah has built up an extensive arsenal since the 2006 conflict, with Israeli intelligence suggesting it possesses up to 150,000 rockets.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46437629

Your confusing Hamas with Hezbollah I think, HAMAS have DIY rockets, Hezbollah have real rockets/missiles.

Hezbollah_chart_FINAL-03.jpg

And thats from https://www.csis.org/

So what you are saying is that the BBC are getting that stat from the Israelis..

And the chairman of CSIS is a Jewish billionaire who makes money from investors of post war torn Iraq.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Strategic_and_International_Studies
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Pritzker

Seriously, you need to do a little background checks before peddling figures like that. 150,000 ??? I agree there are to let's but that figure is just wrong. Think of the storage, logistics, deployment...... Absolutely silly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Odhinn wrote: »
    Evidently even the Iraq disaster hasn't been enough to penetrate some thick skulls.

It's all about maintaining "the special relationship". Britain will always support the Americans, past instances of failure don't register. It's not just right wingers that are eager to maintain it, as we saw with that cretin Jack Straw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It's all about maintaining "the special relationship". Britain will always support the Americans, past instances of failure don't register. It's not just right wingers that are eager to maintain it, as we saw with that cretin Jack Straw.

They even made up their own brand of lies for Iraq... Iraqi missiles could reach the UK in 45 mins!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Its real life not a TV series. I would stop talking about the Republic of Gilead and just start focusing on reality.

Reality on Earth- its naive to believe all the world leaders are good people and their intentions are always benign. Human beings are different and not everyone sees the world in same way as you do. Wars are a result of us being different.

John Bolton is blamed for everything, yet his only a cog in the wheel.

UNFORTUNATELY, it is real life and yes Bolton is not the only cretin in there. There's Pompeo, that Brian Hook, then there are the likes of Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton. Then, there's Netanyahu and last but not the least those lovely, lovely Saudis!

There is no need for all this aggression we have been seeing since Bolton and Pompeo became the defacto government of that dystopia over there. Worryingly, these aggressors don't even have a clue and just negative destroyers and little if anything else.

One can compare them to The Handmaid's Tale or Bond villains but I would think that real crowd are far more reckless and incompetent which makes them worse. Looking at the mess that was the Iraq war tells us all we need to know.

UNFORTUNATELY, it is real life and yes Bolton is not the only cretin in there. There's Pompeo, that Brian Hook, then there are the likes of Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton. Then, there's Netanyahu and last but not the least those lovely, lovely Saudis!

There is no need for all this aggression we have been seeing since Bolton and Pompeo became the defacto government of that dystopia over there. Worryingly, these aggressors don't even have a clue and just negative destroyers and little if anything else.

One can compare them to The Handmaid's Tale or Bond villains but I would think that real crowd are far more reckless and incompetent which makes them worse. Looking at the mess that was the Iraq war tells us all we need to know.

There no doubt sinister groups operate in politics. False flags are real and they happen.

If you watch this video you see how brazen they are. Its a few years old, but discussion and speech about false flags was made and directed at Iran. Think tanks is what drives US foreign policy in the middle east.

bunderoon wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that the BBC are getting that stat from the Israelis..

And the chairman of CSIS is a Jewish billionaire who makes money from investors of post war torn Iraq.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Strategic_and_International_Studies
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Pritzker

Seriously, you need to do a little background checks before peddling figures like that. 150,000 ??? I agree there are to let's but that figure is just wrong. Think of the storage, logistics, deployment...... Absolutely silly stuff.

I am 100% anti-zionist, Hezbollah in 2006 surprised the zionist entity/khazars then, since then they have set up under ground missile storage and assembly plants, imported lots of Iranian supplies, munitions, expertise, nobody really knows the exact number of missiles that Hezbollah now possess, maybe it's more than 150,000.

Iran have been building their defenses since the revolution, what Iran has they share with the axis of resistance, it's harder to get munitions to Gaza, 13 years since a relatively small resistance movement called Hezbollah made the zionist khazars realize that they cannot control the battlefield. Hezbollah have grown, Hezbollah knew there was another attack coming from Usrael someday, so did Iran, they got to work, usrael/mossad know the next fight with Hezbollah and or Iran will probably require the "Samson Option", Hezbollah has warned Usrael that it has IRR-2(Dimona) and IRR-1 (Soreq) clearly and utterly in it's first onslaught, 20,000 or 10 missiles can make Palestine uninhabitable.

Only reason it hasn;t happened yet is because of the Palestinians

• Advertisement

Another day and we're all still here ,ahhhhh

Hizbolla hasn't launched Armageddon

Kim is in nk

And the mad mullahs of Iran are happily binge watching Netflix while enjoying their fruity pebbles.

The 5th column hasn't taken over ,

And all the flags are flying true ,

Just another were all going to die day then

Iranian president Hassan Rouhani has said the White House is “afflicted by mental retardation” after the Trump administration imposed sanctions on the country’s supreme leader.

In a live televised address, Mr Rouhani branded the sanctions against Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and other senior officials, including Iran’s foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, as “outrageous and idiotic”.

An exasperated Mr Rouhani said: “You sanction the foreign minister simultaneously with a request for talks?”

Iran had earlier warned that Monday’s sanctions meant the permanent closure of diplomatic channels between Tehran and Washington.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/trump-iran-news-crisis-rouhani-tensions-middle-east-latest-a8973326.html

Iran shut down any chance of talks now. There lot of talk now the US now trying to set up an international maritime force to patrol the Strait of Hormuz and curtail alleged Iranian agression. This will only heighten tensions as its a mild form of blockade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

So if Hezbollah are Shi'as are they in Palestine and supposedly protecting the Palestinians from the Zionists...

I often wonder why Israel was never attacked by the Salafists....

There lot of talk now the US now trying to set up an international maritime force to patrol the Strait of Hormuz and curtail alleged Iranian agression. This will only heighten tensions as its a mild form of blockade.

They have been doing this the last 4 + decades already.

They usually have carrier groups based in and around the gulf decades too

All this carry out just shows what an evil lot the current American government is. The sad thing is when hopefully America gets a proper government again, no one is going to trust any American agreement over fear that 'the devil's handmaid government' could re-emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭Odhinn

nthclare wrote: »
    So if Hezbollah are Shi'as are they in Palestine and supposedly protecting the Palestinians from the Zionists...

I often wonder why Israel was never attacked by the Salafists....

IS and the like are far too busy killing Shia to do that. They also consider Palestinians generally as apostate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

All this carry out just shows what an evil lot the current American government is. The sad thing is when hopefully America gets a proper government again, no one is going to trust any American agreement over fear that 'the devil's handmaid government' could re-emerge.

Would ya ever stop dropping this shìte into every post, honestly it makes your posts idiotic and frankly makes you sound slightly "off".

This is not the handmaids tale this is real life, try joining us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

No point even engaging with Gatling. He's been parroting the hard-line John Bolton rhetoric here for years, and no amount of facts or arguments will away him into any reasonable line of thinking.

I've yet to see him post anything original here that sounds like it come from his own thinking on the subject and not just parroting the latest pro-US talking points.

His posts get tired real quick.

You don't agree with gatling? You must be a Putinbot. Everyone knows that the main concern that the US has is the spread of freedom and democracy while protecting people from very bad men and feeding them with genetically modified corn.

Would ya ever stop dropping this shìte into every post, honestly it makes your posts idiotic and frankly makes you sound slightly "off".

This is not the handmaids tale this is real life, try joining us there.

UNFORTUNATELY I KNOW IT IS REAL LIFE. It SHOULDN'T BE but it is. Those idiots in charge of America are all involved in reality TV trash and probably think they can do The Handmaid's Tale: The Reality Show as well and SPECTRE: The Reality Show as well. Evil lot. When we are talking about that lot (Bolton, Pompeo, and the other dunces), we are talking about idiotic imbeciles. The current American government are a crowd of extortionists and nothing else. They are 100% UNFIT for government and cannot rise above their petty hatreds. And probably if Trump gets to watch Batman Begins with Wayne Tower, he probably thinks he is Batman as well. Only he cannot be because he is friends with too many crooked jokers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

UNFORTUNATELY I KNOW IT IS REAL LIFE. It SHOULDN'T BE but it is. Those idiots in charge of America are all involved in reality TV trash and probably they can do The Handmaid's Tale: The Reality Show as well and SPECTRE: The Reality Show as well. Evil lot. When we are talking about that lot (Bolton, Pompeo, and the other dunces), we are talking about idiotic imbeciles.

That's a lot od crazy to digest in one sitting, I'm gonna need a coffee for this one :rolleyes:

Advertisement