Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Odhinn wrote: »
    There's a fair few Bolton -Iran articles on there worth the search for. As ever, funny for their closeness to the truth.

Yeah there is some good stuff and well put together the funny thing is your original post will end up being used as proof Bolton wanted to invade Iran at some stage on here

The Chinese have a rocket

"if" it worked as theorized.

Someone didn't read the full article again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Gatling wrote: »
    Yeah there is some good stuff and well put together the funny thing is your original post will end up being used as proof Bolton wanted to invade Iran at some stage on here

To be honest, that's probably a genuine goal of his. He and the other PNAC scum are nothing if not ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Interesting discussion on the Iran, U.S., Saudi, Israel situation on The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates this evening.
    Nearly mirrors everything on this thread so far.

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-hard-shoulder/conflict-us-iran-not-question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

archer22 wrote: »
    I can't see the United States lasting long term...like ancient Rome it's simply making too many enemies.

The United States as we knew it is gone. Thee is a paranoid minority who control the government now and do not care about the people and their vote as the midterms of 2018 show. This current thing does not even try and pretend it is on the side of good. The amount of allies it can depend on is getting less and less and the amount of enemies getting more and more. There was NO NEED to revive tensions with Iran, Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua and this coupled with a rising China, Europe and Russia means this regime could shoot itself in the foot.

The Republican Party has descended into you know what and there is no guarantee the Democrats could withstand being overtaken by sinister forces too. We know all too well both parties have form when it comes to waging stupid wars and what I hear from many Democrats about Iran is not much better than Bolton and co.

And if Trump does rise above the drivel and does a deal with Iran and calms the situation and fires the Bolton faction, then there is no guarantee either than another president from either party could come along and undo that deal because of no other reason than hating Trump. Sadly, this is what American politics has become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Like him or loath him he is playing this beautifully

History will look kindly uponTrump

Eight years of peace and prosperity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Iran should have stayed out of Lebanon and Syria. Its involvement with Assad has cost a small fortune and many lives, and has only served to antagonize Israel. Trump has been even more reckless, antagonizing nearly all his allies before unnecessarily goading Iran into a possible war. He doesn’t seem to realize how fanatical Bolton and Pompeo are about attacking Iran and how little they care about his re-election prospects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And Iran have been meddling in all their neighbours for years...

Who installed this type of fundamentalist regime in Iran??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

UNFORTUNATELY I KNOW IT IS REAL LIFE. It SHOULDN'T BE but it is. Those idiots in charge of America are all involved in reality TV trash and probably think they can do The Handmaid's Tale: The Reality Show as well and SPECTRE: The Reality Show as well. Evil lot. When we are talking about that lot (Bolton, Pompeo, and the other dunces), we are talking about idiotic imbeciles. The current American government are a crowd of extortionists and nothing else. They are 100% UNFIT for government and cannot rise above their petty hatreds. And probably if Trump gets to watch Batman Begins with Wayne Tower, he probably thinks he is Batman as well. Only he cannot be because he is friends with too many crooked jokers!

Thread has been mostly informative and decent, but this Gilead and Handmaid shyte is ruining it. I’m out for the time being.

Thread has been mostly informative and decent, but this Gilead and Handmaid shyte is ruining it. I’m out for the time being.

No, the idiots like Bolton and Pompeo are the ones ruining it. Really, you COULDN'T make up the cr.p these idiots do and if they were in THT, it would be more The Handmaid's FARCE than Tale and would be a parody. I hope to wake up sooner or later and see Trump has seen the light and fired them imbeciles and dunces that have ruined his administration possibly beyond repair.

• Advertisement

Who installed this type of fundamentalist regime in Iran??

The same idiots who now want to change this 'fundamentalist' regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Iran should have stayed out of Lebanon and Syria. Its involvement with Assad has cost a small fortune and many lives, and has only served to antagonize Israel. Trump has been even more reckless, antagonizing nearly all his allies before unnecessarily goading Iran into a possible war. He doesn’t seem to realize how fanatical Bolton and Pompeo are about attacking Iran and how little they care about his re-election prospects.

The only thing that got Bush Jr re-elected was 9/11. Trump won't launch any large scale attack unless there is a big event to retaliate for. Bolton and friends are probably working on something because as pompous as the tangoed one is he is certainly not stupid enough to jump in feet first without having his back covered.

War on Iran would be insanity in any case. Every war the US has fought in the last thirty years x10 with state of the art Russian anti aircraft systems thrown in for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Like blowing up tall buildings in America

Thread not about 9/11.

I've stated my opinion though i believe 9/11 was military pys-op to start new wars in the middle east.

Iran is just an extension of this policy that started in the early 90s.

It only get confusing if we start talking about 9/11 and why that happened there.

I just going to talk about current events in the region with this thread.

Thread not about 9/11.

I never said 9/11 you said a false flag event was due i said like blowing up tall buildings

Anything else is ...

I never said 9/11 you said a false flag event was due i said like blowing up tall buildings

Anything else is ...

You don't read posts correctly. Im open minded to who attacked the oil tankers off the Coast of Oman.

It evident who shot down the drone, it was Iran. Still there is a dispute was it flying across Iranian territory?

The oil tankers explosions there many stories as who did it. The Americans claim Iranian operatives placed limpet mines on the hull of the ship to cripple it. Iranians claim it was not them.

What i still find strange is Japanese owner of one of the tankers that got hit, said the Americans were wrong and it was flying object approached the ship and fired projectiles at it. The Americans completely ignored this account and you have to wonder why?

War on Iran would be insanity in any case. Every war the US has fought in the last thirty years x10 with state of the art Russian anti aircraft systems thrown in for good measure.

This the same Russian anti aircraft that hasn't stopped Israel hitting Iranian forces in Syria with impunity ???

Iran can do insurgency quite well ,Gaza ,Iraq , Afghanistan ,yemen .

But when your forced to defend on multiple fronts from multiple militaries your in a whole new ball game , especially when the war is brought to them ,it's all well and good interfering in other nations on a small scale but full on wars take a lof of money , men and equipment

Trump would do well to heed the words of this man back in 2012...

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/260421157201784832

Heh heh
    Nostra-dumbass

This the same Russian anti aircraft that hasn't stopped Israel hitting Iranian forces in Syria with impunity ???

Iran can do insurgency quite well ,Gaza ,Iraq , Afghanistan ,yemen .

But when your taking on multiple forced to defend on multiple fronts from multiple militaries your in a whole new ball game , especially when the war is brought to them ,it's all well and good interfering in other nations on a small scale but full on wars take a lof of money , men and equipment

This is false Russia only deployed the S400 at its own bases. The Syrians don't have this system. Russia has never fired at Israel warplanes using the S400. In back channels they have told the Israelis they not intervene. If Russia wanted to they can easily take out Israel airforce. Syrians have also taken the decision to not fight back. The Syrians if they wanted to could easily attack Israel with missiles, but they know it not the time when they fighting a civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

This is false Russia only deployed the S400 at its own bases. The Syrians don't have this system. Russia has never fired at Israel warplanes using the S400. In back channels they have told the Israelis they not intervene. If Russia wanted to they can easily take out Israel airforce. Syrians have also taken the decision to not fight back. The Syrians if they wanted to could easily attack Israel with missiles, but they know it not the time when they fighting a civil war.

Israel knows though that when the war in Syria is over Hezbollah will have quite a few accounts to settle with them.

Anyhow Israels airforce is overestimated, it never enters Syria anymore and is just confined to launching missiles from outside Syrian airspace giving the Syrian defences plenty of warning and time to intercept most of them.

The ones that get through are obviously not doing much damage or else Syria and Hezbollah couldn't afford to ignore them..at least for now.

Doubt it no

• Advertisement

archer22 wrote: »
    Anyhow Israels airforce is overestimated, it never enters Syria anymore and is just confined to launching missiles from outside Syrian airspace giving the Syrian defences plenty of warning and time to intercept most of them.

Of course it does with impunity ,

How many Israeli missiles have Syrian defences intercepted ,
    Do you know how many missiles Syrian air defences have shot down in the last 5 years .

No ?

One Israeli aircraft and one russian (killed more russians than Israeli)
    Missed all of the 120 America france and the UK dropped on Syrian chemical weapons facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Doubt it no

Russia has given the Israelis the green light to operate against Iranian targets in Syria. Israel now gives Russia an advance warning before any attack so no Russian personnel are caught up in any incident. Also the likely reasons the Russian s-300 system is not being used are:
    Syria, despite your previous claims of a march on Damascus, have all but won the civil war. How often do you hear of a free syrian army spokesperson on the BBC these days? So with this in mind the Syrian regime don't want to do anything that might risk a face off with the most powerlful military in the Middle East..

Also the Russians probably don't want the embarrassment of their s-300 system to be seen to be not effective against a modern army.
    Israel has the equipment to expose it.
    It might affect their arms sales. So they do not allow it to be used- anything the Assad regime does Militarily in Syria has to be given the ok by Russia first.

I suspect the s-400 might have changed the rules of the game, but that's why the Russians did not supply it to the Syrians. Instead they deploy that system at their own bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Looks like a US attack would be bombs and missiles only. The Iranian response would be prolonged and widespread - across the region and possibly elsewhere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

No need to panic, Trump has said that if there is a war, it won't last for long.

Is he really that demented ?

smurfjed wrote: »
    No need to panic, Trump has said that if there is a war, it won't last for long.

Is he really that demented ?

Yes ,he really is unless he's hinting going the nuclear weapons route (which is more scary) only time will tell ,

I still don't believe we will get a full scale war , limited strikes against military infrastructure maybe but not a real war

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes ,he really is unless he's hinting going the nuclear weapons route (which is more scary) only time will tell ,

I still don't believe we will get a full scale war , limited strikes against military infrastructure maybe but not a real war

He wouldnt go the nuclear route, as idiotic as he is he would never want to be remembered in history as the man who started WW3 and killed millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Any strike on Iran will result in US military deaths. It will get out of hand very quickly.

Trump saying he hopes there won't be an Iran war says it all about him. Trump has not had control of so-called 'America' since at least 8th April 2018 if ever. It is John Bolton and Mike Pompeo working on behalf of Saudi Arabia, Mojahedin e Khalq and Netanyahu that controls it and it is their agenda that is being pushed. If these can stage a coup against America, it is time for other Americans to do same with them. The likes of Steven Mnuchin do NOT have to obey blindly this dangerous regime either: they could say no and join forces with the anti-Bolton side and get rid of this evil 'American' regime now. 'Only following orders' will not be good enough when this regime is gone and ends up like the Nazis on the WRONG side of history.

I believe Trump has almost 0% control of America now. Bolton, Pompeo and forces from foreign anti-Iran entities literally call the shots. This crowd are capable of anything and they want one thing regarding Iran: a colony.

Sadly, this nuclear option is in their heads and I can see the evil logic. 1st of all, threaten Iran with a nuclear attack unless Ali Khamenei obeys certain demands that make Iran a colony of the evil in control of America now. Khamenei calls their bluff.

The regime in control of America order 2 nuclear bombings of 2 relatively unimportant Iranian cities (and there is massive loss of life) and threaten 'Tehran is next'. An offer is made: Khamenei can stay on as Shah and Hassan Rouhani as president but they have to install a new government and give the guys in control of America most of Iran's assets. Social and political reforms are also demanded of Khamenei to make things look 'good' in the eyes of the world. Khamenei of course capitulates and Iran becomes 'an important strategic partner of the US'. This is EXACTLY what was done somewhere else further East of Iran in the 1940s.

• Advertisement

He wouldnt go the nuclear route, as idiotic as he is he would never want to be remembered in history as the man who started WW3 and killed millions.

Anything is possible
    If he and Bolton decide obliteration is there chosen option small yields nukes( could be the weapon of choice ), any conflict would likely be localised to Iran ,syria and Iraq , isreal possibly Afghanistan .
    Can't see any of the big players outside of the region getting involved ,

I'm no fan of trump , Bolton or pompeo and I don't think we will know what's going on inside their heads at this time ,I'd imagine they have watched too much game of thrones

Advertisement