Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Pushing right now to get the chalice upgrade for menagerie that gives season of opulence mods on completion. Im pretty much at 750 power but its still tough if you get a fireteam of a few at 690. Thats why theres no fail state imo. The actual level of base menagerie seems closer to 720,i suppose they dont want you to be able to tear it up straight away. Have a few rolls of austringer,one of Beloved and one of Imperial Decree. Beloved is god roll for PvP but not much else worth talking about for the rest

Id like to get Outbreak Perfected,have to start the Thorn quest and finish Malfesance adn last word quests. Oh and finally unlock the izanami forge,that quest is just a joke:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nice how do you upgrade the chalice is it through the weekly? How did you get your powerlevel up so high have you done the raid?

I need to start getting a few more non-powerful exotics, i find it hard to get an idea of what is best ect because so many drops and combinations.

You should definitely do the last word its a good quest :). What you think of the new pursuit tab, while i like it i really think they need to overhaul the PC UI as its so clunky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That Heroic Menagerie isn't the easiest thing in the world.
    Fair few squeaky bum moments running it earlier.
    Just need the fusion and helmet and that's all the gear, then finish the Chalice, and start grinding for good rolls.

Imperials to upgrade the chalice. Benedict on the barge on nessus has weekly bounties and a boon for them,wealth of the emperor i thing the boon is called,can get 3 boons a week. Most importantly when you complete a triumph for the menagerie go to your Triumph tab - Destinations - Minor Destinations - Menagerie and acknowledge the triumphs you have completed for it,the bounties count as triumphs first time you do them to. Each triumph will give a minimum of 500 Imperials

If you do all the bounties,use all 3 boons over the week,complete a few triumphs for menagerie you can get a few thousand imperials a week.
    Also advice upgrading the power and efficency to level 2 as quick as possible as first chalice upgrades,that gives a small chance of imperial drops from playlist activities.

To level up quickest ive just hit as many powerful engrams a week as i could. Starting with menagerie most weeks. Powerful engrams are not all equal either,the latest activites give the most powerful rewards level wise then things like dailies give the lowest. So best off getting the menagerie rewards first,as they will boost the rest of your drops for the week. Also worth noting that the menagerie bounties from benedict give powerful engrams when chests are opened. With few chalice upgrades and the bounties you should be getting 7 powerful drops over a week from opulence content.

EDIT: Theres also chests on the barge on nessus that contain imperials,14 of them. You can open them for 5k glimmer and they reset every week. Spider on the tangled shore is good if your short of glimmer

Thanks for the tips, its funny i had to google how to find the triumps as sometimes its not as intuitive as id like.

I need to stop upgrading my exotics as well as i keep sacrificing decent light level on other weapons for the ace of spades (love that gun when its powered up).

When you say powerful engrams btw do you mean the weekly tasks? Thats really good info as i was worried i was locked behind a raid for good gear.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-KLW6iXsAAhLaT.jpg

Cool picture someone did on twitter. Allot of the artists who do paintings for Destiny have the hump because the rules to post in reddit have been changed to impact them badly.

Seems stupid considering how they open up the lore so add value to the community.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, its funny i had to google how to find the triumps as sometimes its not as intuitive as id like.

I need to stop upgrading my exotics as well as i keep sacrificing decent light level on other weapons for the ace of spades (love that gun when its powered up).

When you say powerful engrams btw do you mean the weekly tasks? Thats really good info as i was worried i was locked behind a raid for good gear.

When an exotic is a good few levels below your current power level go to your collections tab,you can take an exotic out of the collection for a few mats,the level it spawns at is based on your current level. Saves using core to increase power level. Can dismantle the lower level one then.

No need to worry about raids unless theres a specifc weapon,armour set,catalyst you want from one. In saying that the end goal is obviously raids. And some of the rewards are very cool.

Yeah weekly and daily tasks. Lots of stuff that rewards powerful engrams,once you get to 700 they are the only way to level to 750. Prime engarms and exotic drops will also level you past 700.

Damn lol, so many weapons destroyed needlessly.

Some of the raid sets look really good raids or otherwise. I love how shaders can change the whole look up.

Good to know about the leveling, i legit thought raiding was the only options as thats how it is in most MMO's.

Stuff you pull from collections is -20 your max light. So if you're 750, it'll be 730

Got me an emblem in the mail for "the cown is mine" achievement lol. I find in pvp playinf other FPS gives me a fighting chance and i came second to a Titan with **** hot gear managed to **** him up a few times.

• Advertisement

Got me an emblem in the mail for "the cown is mine" achievement lol. I find in pvp playinf other FPS gives me a fighting chance and i came second to a Titan with **** hot gear managed to **** him up a few times.

That's for getting one of the gold tier triumphs or whatever they're called for PvP.
    I got it killing a fella on a 20 kill streak. We didn't win that one.

Yah lol, thats the one i got it for. I like the pvp it can work really well as a team but at times i am so behind because i dont know the ins and outs like some players.

However i feel that if you are ok at FPS you can hold your own enough to grow and improve. That's not a bad position for the game to be in.

I dont think it will ever be balanced in a way that works for me.

Like look at the hunter dodge ability for void i think it is,dodge makes you invisible and you get other guardians lighting up in red even through walls. Invisibility also makes you disappear from radar.

Any other game thats called a wall hacks,been playing a few games lately and just getting hunters camping corners.

Each to their own though and i dont expect the game to be balanced for me but i just dont think its a mode in destiny that ill ever be really stuck into.

I do it if needed for quests or desperate for another power engram but mostly i just leave it to those that enjoy it.

Indeed its hard to balance like some players are unstoppable, Titans can also be hard to shut down.

I like to dabble in the pvp side but primarily am interested in jumping in and doing gun play and the lore. I am very interested to see how the more MMO focus changes the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

So I eventually got the Sleeper Simulant - what a pain collecting all those sleeper nodes. While doing all those tasks on Mars I couldnt help notice that there are quite a few Level 50s still doing the Escalation Protocols. Is there good gear to be got from reaching Lv 7? I dont have any of the decryption keys yet for the final boss chest. Is it even worth doing EP?
    I've just reached 700 but havent done any Menagerie stuff. Tried queuing a few times but it was stuck on 3/6 players for ages.

EP chest is just the armour, the boss can drop the weapons, although the majority of the time you'll get shaders instead.
    Weapons are worth getting if you can, plus they go towards the Wayfarer title

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

The shotgun is unreal from EP. The drops change every week. Keep an eye on /r/destinythegame later today for the weekly reset thread to see what the drops are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished Forsaken (or the campaign at least) last night. Really enjoyed it, and looking forward to getting some strikes in now that i might actually be able to find a party.

You also need all the ikelos weapons unlocked for the sleeper simulant catalyst to drop.

Ive got the sniper,this week is the shotgun so ill be grinding that a bit

• Advertisement

It's very worth it. Remember, once you kill the boss on level 7 of EP, you can start it again at level 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A raid...o_0

kdjac#2529 in blizthing

Left our clan of 2, get an invite ktulu?

Ill be up for raiding,juat timing is a bit of an issue since im on night work atm. 3 more weeks of it. Ill try get on earlier than usual tonight but im not sure ill ba able too.

Also have a load of quests edged that most require a few nightfalls or custom strikes. Of anyone else needs them too is be up for takin a run at them

I need a nightfall with 50k score, dunno why soon as i get to crucible parts of the exotics i give up :/

Oddly never completed a nightfall.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I need a nightfall with 50k score, dunno why soon as i get to crucible parts of the exotics i give up :/

Oddly never completed a nightfall.

Thought we did one when i was with ye last?
    Ive a 5 of swords card so we can choose modifiers that'll bump up the score.

Id wager the crucible being a whole lot easier if we get a team together. Solo queing usually leads to getting stomped more often than not.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thought we did one when i was with ye last?
    Ive a 5 of swords card so we can choose modifiers that'll bump up the score.

Id wager the crucible being a whole lot easier if we get a team together. Solo queing usually leads to getting stomped more often than not.

Nightfalls have the score? Dont think I have ever finished one may have rage quit one tho.

• Advertisement

I have been doing the luminair quest I'm loving the lore behind it . Apparently some of the spinfoil going around is that we won't take sorrows road because of it .

Need to get on later and finish my weekly before xur is up. Finding hive on Mercury is a pain in the balls.

I have been doing the luminair quest I'm loving the lore behind it . Apparently some of the spinfoil going around is that we won't take sorrows road because of it .

Need to get on later and finish my weekly before xur is up. Finding hive on Mercury is a pain in the balls.
    Do the adventure with them in it. Job done.

Nightfalls have the score? Dont think I have ever finished one may have rage quit one tho.

Oh right i thought it was a nightfall we did,locked gear?

Ha ha,ive rage quit one or two myself:P

Got the shotgun,3 boss kills and it dropped,just after you left dreamers:pac:

Did a menagerie run or two,got a nice PvE Austringer,Accurised rounds,outlaw,rampage and a range masterwork. Could have done with a better barrel,got corlscrew rifiling but at least ive a really good HC option other than ace of spades

Not sure what mod to stick on it though

Got Lumina last night, seems good. Will be a very nice weapon in comp pvp and in some of the bigger pve things i'd say. Warlocks can turn full support class

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Got Lumina last night, seems good. Will be a very nice weapon in comp pvp and in some of the bigger pve things i'd say. Warlocks can turn full support class

Nice :) congrats. How are warlocks now capable of fullsupport? i had seen someone asking on reddit for health bars to be shown to support this.

Nice :) congrats. How are warlocks now capable of fullsupport? i had seen someone asking on reddit for health bars to be shown to support this.
    Well of Radiance + Lumina is pretty much full on support class.
    Healing grenades, the normal wells, Well of Radiance and Lumina is a lot of support for other players

Any interest in trying to get a raid going on monday?

Ive boxed off the evening so can be on from about 7pm.

Yeah I be around.

Can stokolan#2827 be added to the clan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Is the 'Loaded Question' fusion rifle worth the grind? I don't mind fusion rifles but 40 strikes! I guess speed running lake of shadows is the way to go?

viperirl wrote: »
    Is the 'Loaded Question' fusion rifle worth the grind? I don't mind fusion rifles but 40 strikes! I guess speed running lake of shadows is the way to go?

It's decent enough. You'll do the 40 strikes over a season handy.

If you use a rally barricade as a titan or lunification boots warlock in a rift its really good. Constantly having reservoir burst proc really increases the damage.

Something i only discovered the other day as a warlock doing escalation protocol. Even viable against the bosses if you keep resevoir burst going.

Yeah I be around.

Can stokolan#2827 be added to the clan?

I sent him a friend request the other day

Any interest in trying to get a raid going on monday?

Ive boxed off the evening so can be on from about 7pm.

I would love to but have the in-laws dropping over that night :( & it's the Mrs birthday on Tuesday so out for dinner.

I would love to but have the in-laws dropping over that night :( & it's the Mrs birthday on Tuesday so out for dinner.

No worries man,its never gonna be easy to get 6 people all on the same page with life and work commitments.

Ill still be on early tomorrow incase we do somehow get enough but id be up for today week aswell if that suits anyone either.

• Advertisement

Apologies I won't make it, I have a loan of a trailer and I need to fill it up with stuff to be recycled and it's been collected tomorrow morning.

Got the windigo or whatever its called this morning,charged up it really does melt bosses,managed to get the psion boss from inverted spire this morning before he could go immune,first time ive seen that:D

If anyone has fighting lion exotic id say go for that GL,if you dont have fighting lion be prepeared for the multikill part to be a bit of a grind. Least with the energy weapon GL i had it was. Tiny blast radius because of stun grenades:(

Anyone want to complete a few nightfalls ?

Like as many as it takes me to get 60 final blows :)

Anyone want to complete a few nightfalls ?

Like as many as it takes me to get 60 final blows :)

Yeah ill jump in,be on in a few mins. Whats that for?

Yeah ill jump in,be on in a few mins. Whats that for?

Map fragment not sure what exotic and something else called loaded question and another one.

So a threefour!

Map fragment not sure what exotic and something else called loaded question and another one.

So a threefour!
    It's for a very decent rocket launcher, Truth. 2 Nightfalls should get you the RL multi-kills

Whisper of the worm was fun :O

Played easier Mario Maker levels!!!!

Whisper is a great mission. Wait till you try Zero Hour and encounter Tr3vr :D

Only took us 2 tries, 1st one me and stoko took 14 minutes to get into the room, several of those were arguing over what Eoin meant about "1st room is Arc", ran out of time.

2nd time we got into the room with about 10 minutes left and me and Eoin had polaris lance , think we had 3 minutes on the clock when done.

• Advertisement

Whisper is a great mission. Wait till you try Zero Hour and encounter Tr3vr :D
    Ah once you realise he has three patterns, he's fairly easy to avoid. Plus you can jump into the middle as well if needed.
    The Tower wall for the Heroic version is the biggest pain in that.

Advertisement