Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

People are welcome to join the clan me and my mates set up. There were 3 of us and Eoin joined us the other day. You get weekly rewards for doing general stuff from it. Also the more in the easier it will be to setup a raid. Just add me if you want to join. Hopefully get a raid done in the next few weeks (Have never done one myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

ktulu123 wrote: »
    People are welcome to join the clan me and my mates set up. There were 3 of us and Eoin joined us the other day. You get weekly rewards for doing general stuff from it. Also the more in the easier it will be to setup a raid. Just add me if you want to join. Hopefully get a raid done in the next few weeks (Have never done one myself)

Ill join up, just logged of for a few minutes last night though and as I feared ive been gone from destiny for too long. Not a clue what I was supposed to be doing...:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

ktulu123 wrote: »

How do I add you? You got a bnet I'd?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm in the boards clan i think, though i don't think there's ever people on. They could really do with a better clan/party management interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got the Truth quest done last night. About halfway to resetting infamy rank for 21% delirium and about halfway through windigo grind.

Solo queing gambit feels like a chore at this point. Might just get the milestones done for it early this week and not bother for the rest of the week,unless we get a few from here that wanna play. A double infamy weekend would be nice about now though.

Working nights till friday now,ill be on friday night if anyone wants to do anything though.

The benedict bounties for menagerie are there for each character and the chalice upgrades are shared between charcters so switching once each character gets through the bounties should net a decent amount more imperials for one week. Ive 4 upgrades left to do on the chalice. Building a nice stock of runes now,plenty of blues.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    How do I add you? You got a bnet I'd?

Sorry, was a few pages back its: ktulu#2750

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Add me as well if you like. Glebe 2482

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Add me if you wish - DireRaven #26431

Added as Darkener 2251

Did my first menagerie lastnight, really good content but the "recommended 690 " is a load of ****e lol. I got absolutely bet from one end of it to the other.

When i logged in as well i also had a Borealis sniper exotic in my mailbox, i hear its good so was really pleased.

Going to work on the next mission of the 9 over the weekend and work on getting thorn.

How you guys doing?

• Advertisement

Pushing right now to get the chalice upgrade for menagerie that gives season of opulence mods on completion. Im pretty much at 750 power but its still tough if you get a fireteam of a few at 690. Thats why theres no fail state imo. The actual level of base menagerie seems closer to 720,i suppose they dont want you to be able to tear it up straight away. Have a few rolls of austringer,one of Beloved and one of Imperial Decree. Beloved is god roll for PvP but not much else worth talking about for the rest

Id like to get Outbreak Perfected,have to start the Thorn quest and finish Malfesance adn last word quests. Oh and finally unlock the izanami forge,that quest is just a joke:P

Nice how do you upgrade the chalice is it through the weekly? How did you get your powerlevel up so high have you done the raid?

I need to start getting a few more non-powerful exotics, i find it hard to get an idea of what is best ect because so many drops and combinations.

You should definitely do the last word its a good quest :). What you think of the new pursuit tab, while i like it i really think they need to overhaul the PC UI as its so clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That Heroic Menagerie isn't the easiest thing in the world.
    Fair few squeaky bum moments running it earlier.
    Just need the fusion and helmet and that's all the gear, then finish the Chalice, and start grinding for good rolls.

Imperials to upgrade the chalice. Benedict on the barge on nessus has weekly bounties and a boon for them,wealth of the emperor i thing the boon is called,can get 3 boons a week. Most importantly when you complete a triumph for the menagerie go to your Triumph tab - Destinations - Minor Destinations - Menagerie and acknowledge the triumphs you have completed for it,the bounties count as triumphs first time you do them to. Each triumph will give a minimum of 500 Imperials

If you do all the bounties,use all 3 boons over the week,complete a few triumphs for menagerie you can get a few thousand imperials a week.
    Also advice upgrading the power and efficency to level 2 as quick as possible as first chalice upgrades,that gives a small chance of imperial drops from playlist activities.

To level up quickest ive just hit as many powerful engrams a week as i could. Starting with menagerie most weeks. Powerful engrams are not all equal either,the latest activites give the most powerful rewards level wise then things like dailies give the lowest. So best off getting the menagerie rewards first,as they will boost the rest of your drops for the week. Also worth noting that the menagerie bounties from benedict give powerful engrams when chests are opened. With few chalice upgrades and the bounties you should be getting 7 powerful drops over a week from opulence content.

EDIT: Theres also chests on the barge on nessus that contain imperials,14 of them. You can open them for 5k glimmer and they reset every week. Spider on the tangled shore is good if your short of glimmer

Thanks for the tips, its funny i had to google how to find the triumps as sometimes its not as intuitive as id like.

I need to stop upgrading my exotics as well as i keep sacrificing decent light level on other weapons for the ace of spades (love that gun when its powered up).

When you say powerful engrams btw do you mean the weekly tasks? Thats really good info as i was worried i was locked behind a raid for good gear.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-KLW6iXsAAhLaT.jpg

Cool picture someone did on twitter. Allot of the artists who do paintings for Destiny have the hump because the rules to post in reddit have been changed to impact them badly.

Seems stupid considering how they open up the lore so add value to the community.

Thanks for the tips, its funny i had to google how to find the triumps as sometimes its not as intuitive as id like.

I need to stop upgrading my exotics as well as i keep sacrificing decent light level on other weapons for the ace of spades (love that gun when its powered up).

When you say powerful engrams btw do you mean the weekly tasks? Thats really good info as i was worried i was locked behind a raid for good gear.

When an exotic is a good few levels below your current power level go to your collections tab,you can take an exotic out of the collection for a few mats,the level it spawns at is based on your current level. Saves using core to increase power level. Can dismantle the lower level one then.

No need to worry about raids unless theres a specifc weapon,armour set,catalyst you want from one. In saying that the end goal is obviously raids. And some of the rewards are very cool.

Yeah weekly and daily tasks. Lots of stuff that rewards powerful engrams,once you get to 700 they are the only way to level to 750. Prime engarms and exotic drops will also level you past 700.

Damn lol, so many weapons destroyed needlessly.

Some of the raid sets look really good raids or otherwise. I love how shaders can change the whole look up.

Good to know about the leveling, i legit thought raiding was the only options as thats how it is in most MMO's.

Stuff you pull from collections is -20 your max light. So if you're 750, it'll be 730

Got me an emblem in the mail for "the cown is mine" achievement lol. I find in pvp playinf other FPS gives me a fighting chance and i came second to a Titan with **** hot gear managed to **** him up a few times.

• Advertisement

Got me an emblem in the mail for "the cown is mine" achievement lol. I find in pvp playinf other FPS gives me a fighting chance and i came second to a Titan with **** hot gear managed to **** him up a few times.

That's for getting one of the gold tier triumphs or whatever they're called for PvP.
    I got it killing a fella on a 20 kill streak. We didn't win that one.

Yah lol, thats the one i got it for. I like the pvp it can work really well as a team but at times i am so behind because i dont know the ins and outs like some players.

However i feel that if you are ok at FPS you can hold your own enough to grow and improve. That's not a bad position for the game to be in.

I dont think it will ever be balanced in a way that works for me.

Like look at the hunter dodge ability for void i think it is,dodge makes you invisible and you get other guardians lighting up in red even through walls. Invisibility also makes you disappear from radar.

Any other game thats called a wall hacks,been playing a few games lately and just getting hunters camping corners.

Each to their own though and i dont expect the game to be balanced for me but i just dont think its a mode in destiny that ill ever be really stuck into.

I do it if needed for quests or desperate for another power engram but mostly i just leave it to those that enjoy it.

Indeed its hard to balance like some players are unstoppable, Titans can also be hard to shut down.

I like to dabble in the pvp side but primarily am interested in jumping in and doing gun play and the lore. I am very interested to see how the more MMO focus changes the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

So I eventually got the Sleeper Simulant - what a pain collecting all those sleeper nodes. While doing all those tasks on Mars I couldnt help notice that there are quite a few Level 50s still doing the Escalation Protocols. Is there good gear to be got from reaching Lv 7? I dont have any of the decryption keys yet for the final boss chest. Is it even worth doing EP?
    I've just reached 700 but havent done any Menagerie stuff. Tried queuing a few times but it was stuck on 3/6 players for ages.

EP chest is just the armour, the boss can drop the weapons, although the majority of the time you'll get shaders instead.
    Weapons are worth getting if you can, plus they go towards the Wayfarer title

The shotgun is unreal from EP. The drops change every week. Keep an eye on /r/destinythegame later today for the weekly reset thread to see what the drops are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished Forsaken (or the campaign at least) last night. Really enjoyed it, and looking forward to getting some strikes in now that i might actually be able to find a party.

You also need all the ikelos weapons unlocked for the sleeper simulant catalyst to drop.

Ive got the sniper,this week is the shotgun so ill be grinding that a bit

• Advertisement

It's very worth it. Remember, once you kill the boss on level 7 of EP, you can start it again at level 6

Advertisement