Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

LFG used to be a good way to find , not sure what it's like now.  My own clan used to be very busy but is much quieter now though we still have an active Discord server where we organise daily raids etc.  If you are on PS4 then try applying here

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupid=1623493

We have another Clan for the same folks but on PC

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupid=2866236
    That's quiet enough but we share the same Discord group as the other and we all organise other game events.  The Division is getting a major dusting off at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

the problem is its boring, there is no content, orisis is a joke of dlc, 2 hours or so will clear the wehole thing, for 20e.

Its just so shallow

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

I think it's definitely worth €20.  You can definitely do the main story in 2 hours or so but that doesn't include things like the Perfect Paradox quest or the new raid layer, or chasing Masterworks.  Can't even get a decent bottle of wine in Dublin for less than €20 and that goes in well under 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,125 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the problem is its boring, there is no content, orisis is a joke of dlc, 2 hours or so will clear the wehole thing, for 20e.

Its just so shallow

No way are you getting all the forge weapons, all the mercury armor or the raid lair done in 2 hours.

The base storyline is quickly done (and a little disappointing imo) but that is only part of what you are buying.

No way are you getting all the forge weapons, all the mercury armor or the raid lair done in 2 hours.

The base storyline is quickly done (and a little disappointing imo) but that is only part of what you are buying.

I know but its so boring, everyrthing the same, even the enemies are pretty much the same but with fancy new names, if im payiung 20e for sdomething I expect better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This $hite of the "Enemies are the same wah wah" gets boring real fast. These are the established races in the LORE of the universe that Destiny is set in. They may well add a new race in in the next big expansion, but to use the argument for why the game is bad just doesn't cut it with me. I haven't put nearly enough time into D2 as I have with D1, but the reason for that is NOT the fact that no new race is added every time there's a new DLC or Expansion. The issues with D2 are well known, Race numbers is NOT one of them. Hell, how often do games like WoW add new races? Not often. The pandas where the last one. Before, the new playable races where all part of the WoW lore (as are Pandas).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

This $hite of the "Enemies are the same wah wah" gets boring real fast. These are the established races in the LORE of the universe that Destiny is set in. They may well add a new race in in the next big expansion, but to use the argument for why the game is bad just doesn't cut it with me. I haven't put nearly enough time into D2 as I have with D1, but the reason for that is NOT the fact that no new race is added every time there's a new DLC or Expansion. The issues with D2 are well known, Race numbers is NOT one of them. Hell, how often do games like WoW add new races? Not often. The pandas where the last one. Before, the new playable races where all part of the WoW lore (as are Pandas).

I think he was just using the enemies as an example to show that the game hasn't changed anything at all bar a little dress up of different elements of the game, sure the new raid lair is more of a jumping puzzle and you can't even do the final encounter without a frame drop on the harpies unless your on a pro. Pretty poor for 20euro to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Anyone still playing this on PC or is there a active PC clan. Got my hunter up to 304 solo but would like to do raids without having to rely on randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi JD,

I recently as yesterday jumped into a new clan as my current was inactive since Christmas. They are called the "The Oldest Ones" and a very new clan but worth checking out. I haven't actually gamed with them yet...

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=3037413

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nooby Nooby Doo

So Destiny 2 is €8 on Humble bundle (monthly) so been playing it the last few days, few questions :)

Is it best to dismantle weapons/armour or is there somewhere to sell them?
    Can I buy weapons or collect only?
    Can I upgrade weapons, I have an assault rifle I quite like (single shot) but all my other guns are way better than it but burst fire?
    Whats the point of the skill tree if I can pick one item from it? I have 3 points and dont want any of the 1 skills available to me.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nooby Nooby Doo

So Destiny 2 is €8 on Humble bundle (monthly) so been playing it the last few days, few questions :)

Is it best to dismantle weapons/armour or is there somewhere to sell them?
    Can I buy weapons or collect only?
    Can I upgrade weapons, I have an assault rifle I quite like (single shot) but all my other guns are way better than it but burst fire?
    Whats the point of the skill tree if I can pick one item from it? I have 3 points and dont want any of the 1 skills available to me.

:)

Answer 1: if you don't need the gear dismantle.
    Answer 2: you can buy gear from the various locations except for exotics. They come from drops, engrams, milestones and xur. As soon as get an exotic it is added to your collection in the vault.
    Answer 3: you van infuse higher gear into lower light gear but they have to be the same ie auto rifles can only be infused with another auto. If you're infusing armor they have to be of the same class.
    Answer 4: I'll leave that to someone else.

Cheers starting to the hang of it now.

Level 12 and one gripe I have is matchmaking in the crucible and the ability of higher level players to bring the fcuking death star in? Is that normal? I guess with all the new PC players a lot of seal clubbing will go on but was level 6 in the crucible vs a higher level lad with the ****ing death star, he wiped our entire team with one blast. We were all under 10 and their team was 20+.

May was well throwing my weapon at him for all the damage it would do.

I get seal clubbers exist but assumed the game would match make me to players of a similar level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cheers starting to the hang of it now.

Level 12 and one gripe I have is matchmaking in the crucible and the ability of higher level players to bring the fcuking death star in? Is that normal? I guess with all the new PC players a lot of seal clubbing will go on but was level 6 in the crucible vs a higher level lad with the ****ing death star, he wiped our entire team with one blast. We were all under 10 and their team was 20+.

May was well throwing my weapon at him for all the damage it would do.

I get seal clubbers exist but assumed the game would match make me to players of a similar level.

No there's no matchmaking based on light level. If you're looking to boost xp quickly try public events. Best place to go until reset is Io.

3 days in and chasing exotics now, few of us playing so going to attempt a raid at the weekend. Did some strikes someone put it on Heroic...did not end get very far.

This is a very good game, I can see the no content issue becoming a problem later....much later. We have the game 2 DLCs to play.

Interesting to see what is announced today.

New expansion 1 or more of 2 or more new modes?

Will we get a view of what the new weapon slots and randomisation means for Destiny in September?

I wonder are we going to, basically, lose all out guns? My assumption is that new slot dynamics and randomisation means our current gun designs could be just plain broken, but maybe bungie will have found a compromise solution - I know I am firmly bracing myself for all the guns and armor to be worthless in September and need a completely new grind - apart from the exotic weapons, as they are always a fixed roll anyway, though they might need some tuning based on weapon slots.

I also firmly believe Bungie NEED to give us either new subclasses or new atunements within the current subclasses - I'm annoyed DLC1 and 2 didn't bring new atunements (and new rolls for all the weapons) as in the lead up to D1 I ASSUMED that is why we were getting (a) fixed rolls and (b) seasons.

1hour 20 to go, and then I need to try listen in while working!

Interesting to see what is announced today.

New expansion 1 or more of 2 or more new modes?

Will we get a view of what the new weapon slots and randomisation means for Destiny in September?

I wonder are we going to, basically, lose all out guns? My assumption is that new slot dynamics and randomisation means our current gun designs could be just plain broken, but maybe bungie will have found a compromise solution - I know I am firmly bracing myself for all the guns and armor to be worthless in September and need a completely new grind - apart from the exotic weapons, as they are always a fixed roll anyway, though they might need some tuning based on weapon slots.

I also firmly believe Bungie NEED to give us either new subclasses or new atunements within the current subclasses - I'm annoyed DLC1 and 2 didn't bring new atunements (and new rolls for all the weapons) as in the lead up to D1 I ASSUMED that is why we were getting (a) fixed rolls and (b) seasons.

1hour 20 to go, and then I need to try listen in while working!

It's a got to be quite an expansive update. One of the UI designers is looking forward to showing off what the UI team has been working on for the last year.

I'm stumped on how the weapon slot changes are going to work, as the game was built around 2 primaries and a heavy. I'd like to think the new Mod system has some roll :rolleyes: to play in this.

On the story front, Myelin Games thinks that a story Mission on Titan hints at a possible future alliance between the Fallen and The City. The Fallen Captain in the mission "Enemy of my Enemy" is named Mithrax, The Forsaken. He was trying to get a methane reactor to hook a Servitor up to increase Glimmer production. The Fallen are also missing Elder Ciphers, which basically allow Captains and Kells to distribute Glimmer how they wish in specific ways. Those Elder Ciphers are all held by everyones favourite Fallen, Variks.

If the story DOES centre on an Alliance between The Fallen and The City, how would a playable Eliksni be received? With 3 new subclasses? Unlikely I know. An new subclass would be greatly received, new atunements less so, though I would like to see Bubble Bros make a return with a dedicated atunement.

With the Reef coming back, I'd like an expanded version of PoE.
    The new game mode might be teased today, though they might leave the meat of that reveal until E3.

and these posts were supposed to be in the General thread... D'Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

PC players. Is it easy enough to do a raid (any) with a pick up group from LFG?

I still haven't completed a single raid yet...opps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there even a LFG option? I've been playing a bit more lately, but haven't even noticed it.

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there even a LFG option? I've been playing a bit more lately, but haven't even noticed it.

There are apps that have it and are the best way to do it.

• Advertisement

PC players. Is it easy enough to do a raid (any) with a pick up group from LFG?

I still haven't completed a single raid yet...opps

Leviathan and Eater Of Worlds would be fine with a PuG, so long as the majority of the PuG have cleared them.

Good communication is key to both. Knowing calls and making the correct calls. Just ensure you know the mechanics somewhat by watching some walkthrough vids on youtube. Once you are aware of the mechanics, it'll come together fairly quickly in practice.

We took someone through Leviathan for his first time on PS4 last week. Hadn't done any part but was aware of what the mechanics where. Took an hour and 45 mins. Gauntlet took more goes than the others. Baths done in one. He even went "Team Suck" for Calus. Pretty confident we could do it again with him and reduce the time by half hour.

Enjoy the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Quite surprised how well this runs on PC!!

3570k,8gb ddr3 and a 1080 with no problems running pretty much ultra except anti whats it filtering @1440p. Locked to 60hz as 100hz wasnt as steady as id like. Runs buttery smooth even in intense action.

Main TV in the house went up in smoke so bought the forsaken legendary edition on cdkeys for €38 as i had no spare TV to play on PS4.

Givin some of the terrible console ports these days i have to give it to bungie,technically its an extremely good port!

EoinHef wrote: »
    Quite surprised how well this runs on PC!!

3570k,8gb ddr3 and a 1080 with no problems running pretty much ultra except anti whats it filtering @1440p. Locked to 60hz as 100hz wasnt as steady as id like. Runs buttery smooth even in intense action.

Main TV in the house went up in smoke so bought the forsaken legendary edition on cdkeys for €38 as i had no spare TV to play on PS4.

Givin some of the terrible console ports these days i have to give it to bungie,technically its an extremely good port!

It's looks fantastic on PC.

The PC version is not a port in the common sense of the word. Vicarious Visions built the PC version from the ground up IIRC, allowing them to correctly accommodate for certain PC centric tools which would be the norm in PC only titles, as they and Bungie knew, they needed the PC version to be buttery smooth on release, and not have PC tools tacked on to a console version on PC. They pretty much nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's looks fantastic on PC.

The PC version is not a port in the common sense of the word. Vicarious Visions built the PC version from the ground up IIRC, allowing them to correctly accommodate for certain PC centric tools which would be the norm in PC only titles, as they and Bungie knew, they needed the PC version to be buttery smooth on release, and not have PC tools tacked on to a console version on PC. They pretty much nailed it.

Yeah its very impressive indeed.

Especially the lighting/shadows,very atmospheric.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Many people gone back since Forsaken expansion. I played at start of Destiny 2 but never got any of the DLC. Can I just continue on into Forsaken?

Glebee wrote: »
    Many people gone back since Forsaken expansion. I played at start of Destiny 2 but never got any of the DLC. Can I just continue on into Forsaken?

I'd imagine it's level capped but you can enter ie if you ain't too damage entering it you'd be underpowered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You need to buy all the expansions from what i remember. They are reduced now though.

Tempted to give this another go, at least in a weeks time once i get paid and can buy the expansion. It's seems like it's been improved in most areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Is there a boards PC clan going anymore?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

bugs wrote: »
    Is there a boards PC clan going anymore?

There is but i actually left it just there this evening lol.
    Never anybody on from what i could see so getting clan stuff done was impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Dcully wrote: »
    There is but i actually left it just there this evening lol.
    Never anybody on from what i could see so getting clan stuff done was impossible.

I actually joined (rejoined) the clan after seeing you online, dead as a doornail. Ah well.

Advertisement