Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

branie2 wrote: »
    Natasha Richardson's 10th anniversary is coming up as well

I'm wrong; her anniversary was in March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I was telling a joke .... McDonald’s are releasing a burger in honor of him 50 year old meat in ten year old buns

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well, people are free to believe what they want because thankfully the thought police don’t exist.

Not sure how you extrapolated the above from my post or how that's in any way responding to my comment about the abhorrence of the phrase 'no smoke without fire'.

I will however click my jack booted heels together which you seem to think I am wearing and move on from this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

10 years - wtf?! One for the makes you feel old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not sure how you extrapolated the above from my post or how that's in any way responding to my comment about the abhorrence of the phrase 'no smoke without fire'.

I will however click my jack booted heels together which you seem to think I am wearing and move on from this thread.

It’s true that there can false allegations of child abuse. I’m guessing they would be more isolated claims where it’s quickly ascertained that what is claimed couldn’t possibly have happened. It’s a tad disingenuous to suggest MJ might fit that category, don’t you think? He ticks so many boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,673 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're living in a time when it has become so fashionable to accuse people of sexual assault, and so fashionable to be part of the Me Too movement. There are actually lots of girls and guys out there who feel left out and want a Me Too story. It's sad, but that's the world we live in now.
    When he was on trial his music was played non stop and even more and more on the radio, back in 1993 his music was played more and more, his world tour sold out. But today two people who defended him non stop change their story and they somehow trump a criminal investigation by professional police and detectives from the LAPD to the FBI, to the CIA, and now we must not play his music because two guys who are broke have some make belief story, and want money. It's kinda funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Oh boy. I’m sorry for starting this.

“Professional police”? What, as opposed to amateur police? Police who are competing in the Olympics?

Well, people are free to believe what they want because thankfully the thought police don’t exist.
    Think o1s1n meant in a general sense, and it's true imo.

As for the abuse allegations against Michael Jackson - questioning the allegations and what is claimed by the men in Leaving Neverland is one thing, but stating that he definitely didn't do it, as if it's fact, is sheer ludicrousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

As Louis Theroux said about the guilty vs innocent argument - There needs to be a higher bar set for people in society than simply being 'Not guilty'. When we assess someone's character, there should be a minimum standard below which people shouldn't pass.

Being an adult and having sleepovers with children is a good example of passing below the minimum standard required for being a good and decent member of society. Guilty or not guilty, we need to have higher standards than that, unless of course we're speaking of jail time or punishment, which we're not.

We're living in a time when it has become so fashionable to accuse people of sexual assault, and so fashionable to be part of the Me Too movement. There are actually lots of girls and guys out there who feel left out and want a Me Too story. It's sad, but that's the world we live in now.
    When he was on trial his music was played non stop and even more and more on the radio, back in 1993 his music was played more and more, his world tour sold out. But today two people who defended him non stop change their story and they somehow trump a criminal investigation by professional police and detectives from the LAPD to the FBI, to the CIA, and now we must not play his music because two guys who are broke have some make belief story, and want money. It's kinda funny if it wasn't so tragic.
    Yeah the FBI are NOT going to get involved in something unless they have very sufficient grounds to. They're not eejits.

Why would the CIA be involved?

• Advertisement

Oh boy. I’m sorry for starting this.

“Professional police”? What, as opposed to amateur police? Police who are competing in the Olympics?

IE they knew what they were doing and left no stone unturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I liked that documentary they did where they filmed him visiting the Osbourne's.

A rarely seen look at what goes on behind closed doors when celebrity visits celebrity.

CPTM wrote: »
    As Louis Theroux said about the guilty vs innocent argument - There needs to be a higher bar set for people in society than simply being 'Not guilty'. When we assess someone's character, there should be a minimum standard below which people shouldn't pass.

Being an adult and having sleepovers with children is a good example of passing below the minimum standard required for being a good and decent member of society. Guilty or not guilty, we need to have higher standards than that, unless of course we're speaking of jail time or punishment, which we're not.

Abso-bally-lutely. How anyone can defend the confirmed stuff we know is beyond me. Someone in this thread said they thought he was just too naïve for the modern world. What the fup is that shït? He was a talented, above-averagely intelligent person. Too naïve? Get to feck.

Yeah the FBI are NOT going to get involved in something unless they have very sufficient grounds to. They're not eejits.

Why would the CIA be involved?

Sneddon had connections within the CIA, true or not who knows. They helped him with his investigation ''apparently'' . So many smoke and mirrors surround Jackson no one knows truth from fiction any more.

Abso-bally-lutely. How anyone can defend the confirmed stuff we know is beyond me. Someone in this thread said they thought he was just too na for the modern world. What the fup is that sh He was a talented, above-averagely intelligent person. Too na? Get to feck.

But it's confirmed by every other kid that stayed there that Michael was not like that at all. So so many want nothing to do with the two story tellers, and actually say it's all bull what they are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

goodbye-michael-jackson_o_286537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

But it's confirmed by every other kid that stayed there that Michael was not like that at all. So so many want nothing to do with the two story tellers, and actually say it's all bull what they are saying.

I don't care what people said happened there or didn't happen there. The sleepover happening was enough for me.

If there was a man in my estate who wanted to have sleepovers with my kids, he's not a decent member of society in my opinion. I don't care if they watched disney movies all night long, he's failed the test already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

If he was still living, even if he wasn't a paedophile, his music would have been consigned to the past by now. He had a huge resurgence of popularity in the last ten years because he died but for a decade or more before he died he was just another 80s relic.

But sure, in every prison across this land and every land are inmates who committed serious crimes but likely plenty of people who knew them thought they were a grand fella or grand woman. So that tells us precisely nothing. The father of a childhood friend of my husband was jailed for child abuse. Hubs and everyone in his locality were shocked and somewhat disbelieving when the allegations first emerged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

That's ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Coming up to Jimmy Saville's 8th year anniversary too.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    If he was still living, even if he wasn't a paedophile, his music would have been consigned to the past by now. He had a huge resurgence of popularity in the last ten years because he died but for a decade or more before he died he was just another 80s relic.

I liked some of his songs a lot. But, you know what? I’ve been sick of even those songs for a long time now. They were over-played. I’d be happy to never hear Billie Jean again. And, even when I liked a good scatter of his songs, he never figured when I was considering who my favourite artists were or who I thought the all time greats were. He would never enter the equation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Coming up to Jimmy Saville's 8th year anniversary too.

He definitely isn't missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Zaph wrote: »
    I think I'd rather catastrophic climate change than have to listen to that song ever again. I will admit I'm not a fan, but God I despise that song in particular.

I am a fan, but will admit he went up his own arse in the end with that sort of rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

well he did alot for charity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I wish everyone would stop criticising Jimmy Savile. He was a nice man. When I was eight, he fixed it for me to milk a cow blindfolded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I remember it well. I was at Glastonbury.

Woke up early in morning. Heard news on my little radio "Once again, the King of Pop is dead". Holy moly. So went to a tent for breakfast. three guys talking:

"You hear Michael Jackson died?"
    "No, it idiot, it was Michael Jordan. Sure he has had AIDS for years"
    "No, it was Michael FLATLEY"
    "You WISH it was Michael Flatley"

Went to The Other stage. By this time everyone knew. Nick Cave was on stage. Says:
    "This song goes out to a legend who died today. This song's for you Farrah Fawcett!" (Same day. Totally overshadowed)

CPTM wrote: »

Do the kids parents not have a standard to reach?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So do you believe anyone who is charged with these types of charges are always guilty

• Advertisement

The allegations against him are enough for me to never listen to his music again. Was never really a fan but would turn off the radio if one his tunes came on.
    No smoke without fire.

Are you sure?

I could make up a cart load of allegations about you, never prove anything, accuse you of all sorts.

No smoke without fire?

Advertisement