Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2019 US Open Thread - Pebble Beach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

seligehgit wrote: »
    That sky logo down on the bottom right hand side of the screen is incredibly annoying.

Obscuring the text behind it.

Don’t have anything on my screen but sometimes it gives you the featured group or ladies golf popping up.

If you are sky and not virgin press back up on your remote and it will go off the screen

I’m sure it’s possible with virgin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Sky must think that the golfing demographic will be well into Venom on Sky Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lots of big names in contention now. It’s getting very exciting. Keopka attacking every pin trying to close the gap.

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Agreed, Brooks on the charge now. The man is a machine. The similarities to early Tiger are there. I love the guy, know I am in the minority.

He doesn't pretend to attend bible meetings, which elevates him in stature in my eyes. A very straightforward individual who lets his Rolls Royce game do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It's just on too bloody late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

He doesn't pretend to attend bible meetings, which elevates him in stature in my eyes. A very straightforward individual who lets his Rolls Royce game do the talking.

Agree. I also love his honesty in his interviews, he says it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Woodland bogie brings a few back into it but can't see anyone from Willet (T9) down winning. 1 from 8 now.

Pissartist wrote: »
    what a bizzare statement

Watch much golf pissartist :p

Woodland bogie brings a few back into it but can't see anyone from Willet (T9) down winning. 1 from 8 now.

Rory would want to get a bird or 2 coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Not much moving going on on so far today.

• Advertisement

I know Rose has improved on greens

But his putting routine is a joke

Too slow

Hopefully woodland drops a few coming in, as Rose is playing out of his skin putting and ARG so it could make for a fun sunday if we can close that margain.

If brooks does it though hats off, he will have made history and can't be overlooked going forward (not that he can anyways)

*also fixed me keyboard so yeah me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Love night golf, but even by my standards this is going on too late, so will call it-a-night

Looking forward to tomorrow though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

callaway92 wrote: »
    Love night golf, but even by my standards this is going on too late, so will call it-a-night

Looking forward to tomorrow though

It's crazy late.

One against the head for Woodland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

That is ridiculous from woodland.

Edit: and then Brooks :D don’t go to bed yet lads

Jesus, Koepka. When it's going your way...

Koepka still bogey free through 16. Hope he can continue as I have a few bob on him doing a bogey free round at 28/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He’s very unlucky not to sink that 17th Brooks, still hanging in there ,similar to Thursday hasn’t made a lot happen on the back 9

Surprised at Louis not making a move today.

No way Woodland keeps this up. 2 1/100 pars in 3 holes.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Koepka still bogey free through 16. Hope he can continue as I have a few bob on him doing a bogey free round at 28/1.

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah he looks a bit out of sorts so far, but nobody ripping it up wither.

I hope you have lots of statistical analysis to back up that feeling.
    Apparently we don't do opinions around here anymore on this discussion forum.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

GreeBo wrote: »
    I hope you have lots of statistical analysis to back up that feeling.
    Apparently we don't do opinions around here anymore on this discussion forum.:pac:

I think almost everyone realises the value of statistics to a degree.
    They're used to support opinions and may even help solidify some posters efforts at clairvoyance.
    I look forward to your post game analysis, statistical or otherwise, of Rorys mental faculty.
    It's generally must read stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Impressed with Matt Wallace, I'd imagine Harrington will be keeping a close eye on him for the ryder cup.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Impressed with Matt Wallace, I'd imagine Harrington will be keeping a close eye on him for the ryder cup.

Have him in my early picks for The Open in NI. Good career ahead for him I think

Koepka & Scott are Top 2 in GIR, Hovland & Wu the top amateurs arent far behind. Interesting to see the amateurs so high up. Is it because they are playing so well or they simply take less aggressive lines by not attacking pins as much?

Someone like Scott out 2 hours before the final pairing, if someone around the -3 or -4 mark could string together a low front 9 they could play themselves into it.

Certainly a fascinating final few groups, Scott/Schauffele as well as Rahm/Stenson look like interesting pairings.

McIlroy with Oosthuizen may suit him

Does McIlroy have any chance? Needs top 2 to not have a good day at all, him to have an amazing one and the guys in-between to not perform great

Unlikely to happen that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

glasso wrote: »
    Does McIlroy have any chance? Needs top 2 to not have a good day at all, him to have an amazing one and the guys in-between to not perform great

Unlikely to happen that way.

Small chance, needs to shoot a 66/67 and hope for the best. Hopefully he can get a few birdies early and put pressure on the leaders.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

ABR

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

galwayllm wrote: »
    ABR

I would love it, LOVE IT, if Rory won it

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I would love it, LOVE IT, if Rory won it

What's the ABR acronym stand for? Curious so I can also roll my eyes at Galway as per.

Advertisement