Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2019 US Open Thread - Pebble Beach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Collie D wrote: »
    Fifth last group at 10.01pm

No doubt Sunday night looking like a long night.

I'm off Monday :D

This us open toughest one yet
    (For sitting on arse at home)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some very interesting pairings tonight.
    I like Zach and G-MAC, Furyk and Molinari too, not playing with a big hitter might help those guys.
    Then Koepka and Wallace could be tasty. Rahm and Piercy on the greens together could be awesome to watch. Stenson and Scott both hit the ball so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Dante7 wrote: »
    It is extremely annoying. Also annoying is the positioning of the Sky logo on the bottom right of the screen which covers the player's current score.

i don't see this logo covering the score while watching legit Sky. is this only on dodgy streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

i don't see this logo covering the score while watching legit Sky. is this only on dodgy streams?

Yes I believe so. Or NowTV

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This us open toughest one yet
    (For sitting on arse at home)

US Opens and PGAs mustn't be on the west coast very much. In my memory they nearly always finish up round 12.30....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

4 back but I'd still give McIlroy a decent chance of winning this. If he can get off to a good start who knows! Hit some lovely fairway bunker shots yesterday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

eagle eye wrote: »
    Some very interesting pairings tonight.
    I like Zach and G-MAC, Furyk and Molinari too, not playing with a big hitter might help those guys.
    Then Koepka and Wallace could be tasty. Rahm and Piercy on the greens together could be awesome to watch. Stenson and Scott both hit the ball so high.

I think that's a pairing that could make a significant move today. I looked through McDowells results in 2019 and he's had some much better results than I thought including a win (weak field) and a couple of Top 10s including last week.

Apparently 22/23 last US Opens have been won by players in Top 6 going into the weekend which isn't much of anything but maybe indicates that big moves are unlikely.

GMAC at 85s doesn't seem terrible at this point though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

First Up wrote: »
    130-140 shots still to be hit; I wouldn't be making any predictions about anyone.

Am I allowed to say I don't think Rhys Enoch has much of a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Anyone know what time red button coverage is on today ?

soundsham wrote: »
    Anyone know what time red button coverage is on today ?

https://www.usopen.com/viewing-schedule.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Enoch -2 on the day through 7 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Enoch Powell

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Always love Moving Day.
    Great viewing ahead tonight. Should be exciting with the names on the first page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Looking at the current daily scores it looks to be playing tougher than the first 2 days. Only 3 scores under par. Given the wind is scheduled to pick up I reckon anyone getting to 9 under could easily be leading overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hoping Lefty can make a few more birdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mcginley is hard to listen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pity the leaders are teeing off so late. Not sure why it's like that. 2:45pm for the leaders seems late even on California time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Great putt by Koepka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Pity the leaders are teeing off so late. Not sure why it's like that. 2:45pm for the leaders seems late even on California time.

First tee this morning was 7:36 so they could possibly have pulled it back to 2pm but it wouldn’t make that much difference to us. Having it that late for them means the east coast get the leaders right through prime time so that’s what they’re thinking I'd say.

That sky logo down on the bottom right hand side of the screen is incredibly annoying.

Obscuring the text behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Just seen the birds eye view of the 6th, wow! What a hole!

And totally unrelated, getting bad vibes about Mcilroy. Not quite happening for him, yet.

Barnaboy wrote: »

And totally unrelated, getting ad vibes about Mcilroy. Not quite happening for him, yet.
    Yeah he looks a bit out of sorts so far, but nobody ripping it up wither.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Anybody but Kucher!!! Please don’t let him win a major.

Brooks starting to get it going now, Rory not quite in it yet but this par 5 upcoming is big for him, Strange day for Tiger( a lot of good with a lot of bad with plenty of unlucky putts also)

Woeful chip on the par 5 for McIlroy. Can't understand why he tried to spin that.

Anybody but Kucher!!! Please don’t let him win a major.

Brooks starting to get it going now, Rory not quite in it yet but this par 5 upcoming is big for him, Strange day for Tiger( a lot of good with a lot of bad with plenty of unlucky putts also)

He looking very ominous,moving up seamlessly through the gears.

Kucher is as insufferable as the dense chants that follow him round the course. Another birdie has him on Woodland's heels. Rory settling at last, G-Mac scrambling well.

Just checked the weather over there. Only 15 degrees at the moment and a high of 16 tomorrow. So much for sunny California!

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    He looking very ominous,moving up seamlessly through the gears.

Agreed, Brooks on the charge now. The man is a machine. The similarities to early Tiger are there. I love the guy, know I am in the minority.

Advertisement