Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2019 US Open Thread - Pebble Beach

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

First time ever when a major winner was a synomyn of another major winner in the same year.

Woods-Woodland= same meaning.

Lol

It's late

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for Gary Woodland. He was so solid all day long, great ay to win.
    Loved seeing Brooks there shaking his hand and hugging him with a big smile on his face. A true champion.
    They both played phenomenal golf this weekend. Gary was just better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

What a way to finish it. Nerves of steel.

Wow, Brooks is the first player to shoot four rounds in the 60's and not win the US Open.
    Just shows how well he played and how awesome Gary Woodland played.

First time ever when a major winner was a synomyn of another major winner in the same year.

Woods-Woodland= same meaning.

Want to see lad who qualified for open

Johnny Forest :D

• Advertisement

They didn't know if to hug or high 5

Father hugs him

Johnny Forest

I'm backing him in the morning!

Very popular pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Woodland went to college initially on a basketball scholarship.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm backing him in the morning!

Also
    Paul Oakland
    Philip treehouse
    And Freddy Amazon

• Advertisement

America

**** yes

Isn't America a mad place

Wonder how Trump gets in

Watch golf award ceremonies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Apparantly because Justin Rose was the designated foreigner going up against the All American guy with his star spangalled banner shoes people were shouting "Go back to England!" "James Bond sucks!" at him in midst of all the USA chants.

I know England are hardly in a position to complain about moronic rowdy xenophobic sports fans, but was a bit disappointed by some of that. Monterrey/Carmel is a beautiful part of the world that gets a lot of UK and Irish tourists too. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Isn't America a mad place

Wonder how Trump gets in

Watch golf award ceremonies

was someone wired on coffee last night? :D

Apparantly because Justin Rose was the designated foreigner going up against the All American guy with his star spangalled banner shoes people were shouting "Go back to England!" "James Bond sucks!" at him in midst of all the USA chants.

I know England are hardly in a position to complain about moronic rowdy xenophobic sports fans, but was a bit disappointed by some of that. Monterrey/Carmel is a beautiful part of the world that gets a lot of UK and Irish tourists too. Shame.

What on Earth was the military fly over at end.

It's golf . Not a political statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

What on Earth was the military fly over at end.

It's golf . Not a political statement.

Because 'Murica!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

PITA how late it was on, just couldnt stay up for any of the exciting parts.

tbh the whole thing kinda passed me by, disappointing for a major, though I do love watching golf at Pebble.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gave up at 1am and succumbed to sleep.
    Enjoyed what I saw of it and glad for Woodland as he deserved to win. Very steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Delighted for Woodland. Was looked on as the token second round leader, destined to slip away over the weekend, but didn't just cling on to the lead, but built it steadily. Well deserved win. Great US Open on a great course. They need to template that for future ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Delighted for Woodland. Was looked on as the token second round leader, destined to slip away over the weekend, but didn't just cling on to the lead, but built it steadily. Well deserved win. Great US Open on a great course. They need to template that for future ones.

They should be using Pebble Beach more often for US opens, once every 5 years rather than once a decade.

• Advertisement

They should be using Pebble Beach more often for US opens, once every 5 years rather than once a decade.
    They got it easy there this time around, if the wind blows it's much tougher. A lot if the people that liked it this year would hate it in tough conditions. Nicklaus won it on +2, Watson -6, Kite -3, Woods-12(next best +3) and McDowell at level par.
    I'm sure you'd have lots of moaners like we've seen at tough courses before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

eagle eye wrote: »
    They got it easy there this time around, if the wind blows it's much tougher. A lot if the people that liked it this year would hate it in tough conditions. Nicklaus won it on +2, Watson -6, Kite -3, Woods-12(next best +3) and McDowell at level par.
    I'm sure you'd have lots of moaners like we've seen at tough courses before.
    Doesn't matter if it's windy or calm. Pebble Beach is a course that makes you think and work your way through holes. The complaints about other venues have been about introducing factors to toughen up the course rather than use a course that tests players' all round game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Delighted for Woodland, big fan of his for years.

Love Pebble Beach but I'm not a huge fan of US Opens being won with such low scores, might be an unpopular opinion but I love when there's nobody under par at the end of the week and the course is brutally difficult. We see -10 winning every week so I like seeing something different, plus it gives the US open its own identity. Still enjoyed this edition though don't get me wrong.

Advertisement