Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official 2019 US Open Thread - Pebble Beach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,580 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rikand wrote: »
    I would love it, LOVE IT, if Rory won it

Hasty la vista baby.

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    What's the ABR acronym stand for? Curious so I can also roll my eyes at Galway as per.

as in ABU -> Anyone But United (which hasn't applied for years lol and likely won't for many more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

glasso wrote: »
    as in ABU -> Anyone But United (which hasn't applied for years lol and likely won't for many more)

Galway unsurprisingly doesn't disappoint :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Koepka hasn't had many putts drop, he had a lot of great looks yesterday but only one of them dropped. He had the long save for par too.
    If he gets a few to drop early it'll be interesting.
    Woodland has played great golf. Rose has been putting like God. It's hard to see past those two realistically.
    Rory had an ordinary day yesterday, cannot see him getting into it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Rikand wrote: »
    I would love it, LOVE IT, if Rory won it

Koepka went down in my estimation when he was bitching about not being in the U.S. Open promo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am not fully understanding the Rory dissers tbh. I respect that he is an unlikeable chunt etc but it wouldn't stop me cheering him on for a US open. I hope he wins.

Koepka went down in my estimation when he was bitching about not being in the U.S. Open promo
    So the man who has won the last two US Opens and four of the last eight majors has no right to complain about being left out of a promo for the US Open? Really?
    Looks to me like you are looking for any excuse to criticise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

eagle eye wrote: »
    So the man who has won the last two US Opens and four of the last eight majors has no right to complain about being left out of a promo for the US Open? Really?

That sounds like an incredibly odd decision.

I assume they had Woods, DJ, Rory for sure. Intuitively it seems to me that Koepka must be one of the more marketable players in golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Ugh, final pair tee off at 22:30 tonight, I really really hope it doesn't go to a playoff 😬😬😬...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

...Ugh, final pair tee off at 22:30 tonight, I really really hope it doesn't go to a playoff ������...

+1, I'll barely make the first few holes before I'll be out for the count

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

slave1 wrote: »
    +1, I'll barely make the first few holes before I'll be out for the count

At least the tee off is 15 minutes earlier than yesterday. They got round in less than 4 hrs 15 mins yesterday I think which is good for a pro event.

tobsey wrote:
    At least the tee off is 15 minutes earlier than yesterday. They got round in less than 4 hrs 15 mins yesterday I think which is good for a pro event.
    Yeah good for a pro event, I'd be cracking up if it took that long for a four-ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is the playoff for this not 18 holes? Or has that changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Mushy wrote: »
    Is the playoff for this not 18 holes? Or has that changed?

Changed since last year I think.

Didn't actually mean it, was just joining in the 'hilarious' taking off of Kevin Keegan's 'I would love it' rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

...Ugh, final pair tee off at 22:30 tonight, I really really hope it doesn't go to a playoff 😬😬😬...

Try being an hour ahead living in Germany!!

No online coverage until 7 they started at 4 or 5 yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

FOX had four promos for the US Open and Keopka was left out of one of them.

He's just inventing stuff to be supposedly offended by in order to use as motivation, loads of top sports people have done this.

Small sample size and all but it is interesting and slightly surprising about gary (for me)

https://twitter.com/JustinRayGolf/status/1140308955479961600

FOX had four promos for the US Open and Keopka was left out of one of them.

He's just inventing stuff to be supposedly offended by in order to use as motivation, loads of top sports people have done this.

I actually warm to his grudge-bearing, however contrived it is, as it shows he has some sort of personality. If he wins this evening I'd like to see him deliver a Father Ted-style diatribe against "all the people who've really fecked me over down the years" in his acceptance speech:

DOLAEJ2VQAALBWF.jpg

Brandel Chambelee, he should be under liars rather than twats

And where are you now, Father Dustin Johnson?

• Advertisement

I actually warm to his grudge-bearing, however contrived it is, as it shows he has some sort of personality. If he wins this evening I'd like to see him deliver a Father Ted-style acceptance speech:

Brandel Chambelee, he should be under liars rather than twats

And where are you now, Father Dustin Johnson?

I can just see his autobiography being like Alan Partridge's "Needless to say, I had the last Laugh"

The masters was Butch's last tournament as a commentator.

He's handed over his coaching responsibilities to his son as well.

He's 75 now so at least he's had the dignity to go while he was still good at his job and not have to pushed out the door.Far too many sports commentators go on for too long and don't get replaced due to nostalgia/not wanted to offend a legend.

David Livingstone retired after the Ryder Cup which was surprising as he must only be in his early 60's.

He's handed over his coaching responsibilities to his son as well.

He's 75 now so at least he's had the dignity to go while he was still good at his job and not have to pushed out the door.Far too many sports commentators go on for too long and don't get replaced due to nostalgia/not wanted to offend a legend.

David Livingstone retired after the Ryder Cup which was surprising as he must only be in his early 60's.

Saw him on Sky Thursday or Friday evening. Probably just a quick interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Galway unsurprisingly doesn't disappoint :rolleyes:

Be a bad weekend for Galwayllm if Rory wins after both the Galway footballers and hurlers bottling it in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did Sabattini change nationality?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ah crap. Will really miss him.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Did Sabattini change nationality?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Sabbatini
    In early 2019, Sabbatini changed his citizenship from South Africa to Slovakia, the home country of his wife and stepson. Sabbatini's wife's cousin is the vice president of the Slovak Golf Association. Initially, there was speculation that the move was made in order for Sabbatini to qualify for the 2020 Olympics, but he said it was to help grow the game in that country. The Olympics use the OWGR for qualification and the 201st-ranked Sabbatini would not have qualified for South Africa. Sabbatini also has a UK passport and US citizenship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Ah crap. Will really miss him.

Always found him a bit freaky

Happy4all wrote: »
    Always found him a bit freaky

I always enjoyed him his enthusiasm and love for the sport really came through when he was on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

For those who were having trouble with the positioning of the Sky logo it’s not there on Sky Golf.

Was wondering what you were all talking about until I turned on Sky Main Event this evening.

Advertisement