Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I never claimed to be NRV. Where is that from, do you have me mixed up with Baggly?

Possibly! I’ll go back and check :)

Baggly wrote: »
    Why would a RV not claim nrv? I've heard this before and don't know the reason.

I've been a RV and had no issue claiming nrv.

It seems more likely that a RV wouldn’t claim at all to avoid drawing attention. Obviously I’d pressed they’d claim NRV, but they don’t tend to just volunteer it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Why would a RV not claim nrv? I've heard this before and don't know the reason.

I've been a RV and had no issue claiming nrv.

I think Whip means you not me though I would tend to agree - Wolf, NRV or RV i'd imagine they would all claim NRV.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    It seems more likely that a RV wouldn’t claim at all to avoid drawing attention. Obviously I’d pressed they’d claim NRV, but they don’t tend to just volunteer it up.

This I would agree with it. Day 0 is very early to be coming out with role claims even if it's what good guys would do as well as bad (if they had to).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Whiplashy wrote:

The only reason anyone claims is if they are under scrutiny. Im not sure I follow your logic tbh

• Advertisement

This I would agree with it. Day 0 is very early to be coming out with role claims even if it's what good guys would do as well as bad (if they had to).

I think stating a cold and hard position of alignment and making declarations about oneself is eminently villageish.

Hedging bets and not making clear cut statements so that you can pivot later .... Now that's wolfy.

The only reason anyone claims is if they are under scrutiny. Im not sure I follow your logic tbh

Were you under that much scrutiny on day 0?

My apologies Bounty, you are off my list. It was Baggly I was suspicious of. Sorry :)

Were you under that much scrutiny on day 0?

How long should I wait before stating my position?

I had at least 3 people put me on unthought out suss lists. That's enough for me. I'm nrv and have no way of stopping a wagon with a claim at the last minute. So I have no issue defending myself early. And it's important to do so because we don't have the lynched to spare.

I had at least 3 people put me on unthought out suss lists. That's enough for me. I'm nrv and have no way of stopping a wagon with a claim at the last minute. So I have no issue defending myself early. And it's important to do so because we don't have the lynched to spare.

I'm not a fan of such reveals when not needed and wouldn't have thought it needed this early. a) Your telling the truth and NRV and youve just made it easier for wolves to identify RVs b) Your lying and wither 1) A wolf 2) a RV hiding behind the NRV guise

3 options there really and I am not a fan of 2 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Shooting me would be obviously great on an entertainment level, but on a winning the game level I'm nrv and we don't have kills to spare.

What is the point of claiming nrv?
    Are you expecting a counter claim?

How does an nrv claiming nrv help the village?

Its nonsense, just like you.

Do you have any suspicions of anybody who has posted sometime in the last near 500 posts?

Whiplashy wrote: »
    My apologies Bounty, you are off my list. It was Baggly I was suspicious of. Sorry :)

Always make people explain why they think your bad folks :cool:

I'm not a fan of such reveals when not needed and wouldn't have thought it needed this early. a) Your telling the truth and NRV and youve just made it easier for wolves to identify RVs b) Your lying and wither 1) A wolf 2) a RV hiding behind the NRV guise

Agree to disagree so. I'm not a wolf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

On the whole 'don't claim NRV thing' I've never gotten it. Sure isn't everyone until proven otherwise. Wolves know who the good guys are so they're either RV or NRV. Claiming one or the other doesn't make it so and I know I've implied I'm NRV before when I've had a role and when I've not. It's a meaningless claim.

sKeith wrote:
    What is the point of claiming nrv? Are you expecting a counter claim?

Sorry is this the king of the lock clear claim asking me?

Ease up on the hyperbole please sKeith.

Ectoplasm wrote:
    On the whole 'don't claim NRV thing' I've never gotten it. Sure isn't everyone until proven otherwise. Wolves know who the good guys are so they're either RV or NRV. Claiming one or the other doesn't make it so and I know I've implied I'm NRV before when I've had a role and when I've not. It's a meaningless claim.

This is my point, worded better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The auld blame Vale going on. A bandwagon forming? Me thinks a re read of everyone talking about me is needed.

P.s. Shoot Baggly

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Baggly I don’t see how you claiming NRV is going to take the heat off yourself anymore than simply claiming villager would.

Whiplashy wrote:
    Baggly I don’t see how you claiming NRV is going to take the heat off yourself anymore than simply claiming villager would.

Its not. I'm not saying it will. But I'm clearly stating my position in the knowledge it will be proven true.

Look to people who are evasive for your wolves.

So what are the expectations that I would be doing more based on? Meta? Thought that was against the rules.

I'm an NRV who is busy on n0. Read lists at this stage are not only counter productive but misleading, as they seem to be based on very little except the absence of substance.
    Sorry is this the king of the lock clear claim asking me?

Ease up on the hyperbole please sKeith.

Good to know we are not trying to hold people to different standards than they are holding themselves. ;)

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    Good to know we are not trying to hold people to different standards than they are holding themselves.

You have claimed yourself village and clear in this game, have you not? Are you saying you aren't lock clear?

You have claimed yourself village and clear in this game, have you not? Are you saying you aren't lock clear?

eh, are you off reading a different game?

Try to stay in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

FAKE MOD: All future uses of the phrase 'lock clear' will result in painful humiliation and shame upon the poster's family.

I don't like this condescending version of you sKeith. It's part of the reason I haven't bothered engaging with the thread before now (hangover being the other part).

You play however you want but this isn't helping the village. It's just you taking pot shots for giggles.

I don't like this condescending version of you sKeith. It's part of the reason I haven't bothered engaging with the thread before now (hangover being the other part).

You play however you want but this isn't helping the village. It's just you taking pot shots for giggles.

okay fair, let me readdress.

Can you please gather evidence of said behaviour and present it to me in a way i can understand, showing how i have done what you are allegying me to have done, so i consider it and some how warp my mind into how you consider that to have happened.

sKeith wrote:
    Can you please gather evidence of said behaviour and present it to me in a way i can understand, showing how i have done what you are allegying me to have done, so i consider it and some how warp my mind into how you consider that to have happened.

Yes. But later. I've kids to be minding, bathing and putting to bed for the next while. I'm getting daggers for having my nose in my phone as it is. I will do this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I've seen noog appear a number of times. What is it? Backwards goon - mafia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Sorry skunk/clarabel, I wanted kfc, was forced to go to Dunnes and we ended up ordering Chinese. Will do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hard not to get meta when discussing this but no just stating the fact that from experience not all players will be getting involved during the Day 0 soft open. As stated however I do think that people just about making the 5 post limit once that comes into effect will stand out and rightly need to be looked at.

Because this is a 3 day long Day 0 I understand people being so eager to start trying to catch wolves and with so little info calling out the low level posters is a logical place to start. I just don't have much of a read on them. That said I'm only starting to get used to you lot that are posting regularly... do something strange one of you please

Calling out low posters a logical place to start? Hmm, I'm not so sure of that BH. I mean it's certainly a place one could start but it could be that people didn't realise it was starting earlier than expected and haven't yet been able to get into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Barney92 wrote: »
    I've seen noog appear a number of times. What is it? Backwards goon - mafia?

I presumed it's just a wolf word

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement