Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

_blaaz wrote: »
    Its ironic it took a chancer making a over exagerated claim to tip you to not support them.vs what has become a nearly insurmontable homeless problem

Not really ironic.

It didn’t tip me over the edge.

I just don’t think she should stay.

Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

_blaaz wrote:
    Its ironic it took a chancer making a over exagerated claim to tip you to not support them.vs what has become a nearly insurmontable homeless problem

The poster you responded to has on other threads stated the homeless crisis is a myth.

The poster you responded to has on other threads stated the homeless crisis is a myth.

Yes.

But this discussion is about Maria Bailey.

But this discussion is about Maria Bailey.

You modding this thread?

You modding this thread?

No but people on this thread have said to various posters if you want to start a thread about SF or something else do it, this is about Maria Bailey.

Suppose I’m fair game while others can just tell people to open other threads.

Anyway I’m out I have made my feelings on Maria Bailey clear.

Not much left to say on it from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Going by this thread, you're far from alone. It seems Leo's lack of action on this one has cost him and the party a lot of votes.

I can't fathom what's going on atm with Bailey's incident, this would have been old news if she'd have the whip removed etc by now, and effectively disowned by the party, but instead the story keeps rumbling on, the indo keep printing compo stories, and people keep comparing it to a sitting FG TD(s)

The only logical explanation in my opinion is that this doesn't begin and end with Maria Bailey.

Leo’s general cowardice, impotence and incompetence as a leader would also be a factor.

But I agree, they’ve circled the wagons on this and are protecting their own as usual.

This story runs deep.

Thing is I think we’ve all had more of a glimpse into their dirty little world then they would like this time and I suspect they have no idea how to cover it up.

In any functioning honest civilized country this would be enough to bring down a government but this is Ireland where corruption and dishonesty is not only expected its rewarded and we don’t even have a proper functioning government to take down.

Btw, What were the voters in DLR thinking ?

“Of the families who secured tenancies, the majority (368) secured them in the private rental sector through the Homeless HAP.

Just a small snippet that shows your lie that the government is doing nothing for homeless families is just that, a lie.

And you said 10,000 families.

As Donald would say, fake news.

So what have the above got to do with this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I presume you don’t live in Ireland :)
    It was 600+ repossessions a month one stage last year

Stop talking rubbish

So what have the above got to do with this thread?

Exactly.

I didn’t mention the homeless someone else did.

And they weren’t warned off to open other threads like some posters have here.

Different rules if you’re a FG shill as someone has said.

Right time for pints good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Evidently if it's "nearly insurmountable" it would be ludicrous of any intelligent poster (whatever about the pond lives) to blame the government! Or indeed to claim that any other bunch of political spoofers could improve things.

So thanks for clearing that up for us!

• Advertisement

Enjoy... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you see Enda, leave them on a table before telling him a story.

Also, watch out for swings.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Cure or Metallica, which gig is Leo and his gang going to today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Exactly.

I didn’t mention the homeless someone else did.

And they weren’t warned off to open other threads like some posters have here.

Different rules if you’re a FG shill as someone has said.

What would you do....if ms bailey loses her job and ends up homeless....due to you withdrawing your support for FG?

What would you do....if ms bailey loses her job and ends up homeless....due to you withdrawing your support for FG?
    I know it wasn't directed at me... but I'd party hard... :D
    Unlikely though, she probably has a few of them, didn't she build one in her garden when she was but a lowly councillor (easiest way to get planning permission).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

We have effective courageous and capable leadership. With talent and aspirations.
    They can get things done overnight when it suits them.
    Too bad it’s all for corporations and banks and property vulture funds.
    They don’t use these abilities when it comes to serving the people that elected them.

Here is a prime example of FG double standards that favor property owners and banks, but sure Leo would not sit idle when a minority is getting the short end of the stick after all he was in charge of FG election communications at the time.
    You couldn't make this stuff up and then Varadkar promotes her to the position of minister for Blah Blah and na Blah.
    Josepha is well aware of the wants and needs of the people that elect her as you will see below.

"If you are talking about me living next door to a halting site - where I live, the money that it would cost to buy the site in Mount Merrion, you could buy a site somewhere else for a third of the price and house more families. It doesn't make any logical sense from a taxpayer's perspective."

Asked if she would personally have a problem living beside a halting site, Ms. Madigan replied: "There is no reason to have a halting site here. I mean there's no room for it anyway apart from anything else you know?

more
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/josepha-madigan-why-im-standing-over-my-traveller-site-views-34262443.html

Exactly.

I have said all along I won’t be voting for FG as long as she is still there.

But all I still get is I’m paid for FG to stick up for them on boards.

It’s absolutely pathetic it really is.[/QUOTE/]

If on Wednesday David Kennedy's report concludes the episode was a conspiracy to defraud will you then pluralise the she

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Interestingly it was Kate O'Connells brother in law Hugh O'Connell that first broke the story

So Maria Bailey FG TD was with her FG TD friend whose Brother In Law broke the story and a few weeks later the FG Minister for housing's Brother writes in the same paper that we should lay-off Maria Bailey?

Is everyone in positions of influence in FG Dublin area related? Are they like a kinda Mafia family?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So Maria Bailey FG TD was with her FG TD friend whose Brother In Law broke the story and a few weeks later the FG Minister for housing's Brother writes in the same paper that we should lay-off Maria Bailey?

Is everyone in positions of influence in FG Dublin area related? Are they like a kinda Mafia family?

Wait till someone tells you who MBs cousin is.

salmocab wrote: »
    Wait till someone tells you who MBs cousin is.

Think that was covered, and a whole heap of other relatives connecting each other, less than 2 degrees of relation seperation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Suckit wrote: »
    Think that was covered, and a whole heap of other relatives connecting each other, less than 2 degrees of relation seperation.

In fairness it’s widespread in the country and not just in FG, political dynasties are our thing. It seems worse in Dublin as we have so many constituencies in a small area.

I know. Doesn't make it any better though. It's a little depressing.
    Even the ones that don't have any connections, as soon as they get a bit of power, theie first move seems to be to bring in a brother/sister/son/daughter/aunt/cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

salmocab wrote: »
    political dynasties are our thing.

Yeah people inheriting their seats from their parents. Pity we couldn't have some sort of 'no-follow' rule for the children of TD's and councillors to break up the Dynasties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This thread has already had 348,102 views. Not good news for Fine Gael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

This thread has already had 348,102 views. Not good news for Fine Gael.

Good. The more they are exposed the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Schooled me balls, you tried to tell me in a matter of fact way that CCTV footage from the hotel would be subject to GDRP

But it is. Its the law, you may not like it but it is.

You are saying that this CCTV footage is not covered by GDPR, which is of course false.

https://dee.ie/it-blog/gdpr-and-cctv/
    All the data you collect by means of CCTV is considered personal data, which means that the new data protection regulation (GDPR) is applicable in the case of your business. To comply with the GDPR, you need have a clear reason for monitoring data subjects (health, security, etc.), put signs which will notify them about the cameras installed in the area, and be ready to give them access to the data you have collected about them at any moment.

Also, you are required to delete data after a period of 30 days (otherwise, risk assessment is required). To make sure that you are compliant – even though you are not obliged to (unless you fall into exceptions described in the Article 37) – a good idea may be to ask some help from a professional DPO.

After all, since everything you need to know about GDPR is open and easily accessible, a lack of knowledge on the subject cannot serve as an excuse for not complying with the regulations.

From the Sunday Times

The former High Court president Nicholas Kearns produced a classic non-denial denial last week when he got into hot water over a remark on minister Josepha Madigan.

In an interview with The Sunday Business Post, Kearns noted the lawyer in Maria Bailey’s personal injuries case was Madigans Solicitors, which the minister left in June 2017. “A claim that was apparently aided and abetted by a minister,” Kearns mused. “This has to stop. It’s insanity.”

Shortly afterwards, Kearns issued a clarification. “I have no recollection of making this remark,” he claimed. “It does not reflect my view of the minister or Madigans Solicitors and I regret very much that I have been reported as saying this.”

Aiding and abetting is a legal doctrine related to the guilt of someone who aids or abets in the commission of a crime (or in another's suicide)

A very sad affair may unfold later this week maybe even files for the DPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    But it is. Its the law, you may not like it but it is.

You are saying that this CCTV footage is not covered by GDPR, which is of course false.

https://dee.ie/it-blog/gdpr-and-cctv/

The text within your own link is contradicting you.

There are many parts within the link that absolutely contradict you, but let's start with the one you copied and pasted into the thread.
    To comply with the GDPR, you need have a clear reason for monitoring data subjects (health, security, etc.), put signs which will notify them about the cameras installed in the area, and be ready to give them access to the data you have collected about them at any moment

My guess is the Dean would have very good reasons "for monitoring data subjects" - personal injury bogus claims would be right up there.

Do you know why Supermacs and the indo showed the CCTV of the lad staging the fall in their premises?

I find it extremely odd that people batting for FG don't want the CCTV footage to be aired.

It would exonerate Maria (going by her account)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Evidently if it's "nearly insurmountable" it would be ludicrous of any intelligent poster (whatever about the pond lives) to blame the government! Or indeed to claim that any other bunch of political spoofers could improve things.

So thanks for clearing that up for us!

Hmm the government have trebled the figure on their watch

So if you think they are immune from critism on the issue...that is your own issue to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Bump!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement