Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

pablo128 wrote: »
    Well how about me waiting 3 years so far for a hernia operation? Are you ok with massive hospital waiting lists?

It's FG policy to destroy the public health service to push people into private care. It mightn't be official policy but we all know the score. FG'ers will say work harder/upskill etc... and get a better paying job to enable you to afford private.

Was unfortunate enough to end up in Saint Vincents A&E here recently with a medical issue took 13 hours sitting in a plastic seat just to get bloods and results because of a grand total of 1 doctor on duty on night shift.

But hey the economy is booming right that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

pablo128 wrote: »
    Well how about me waiting 3 years so far for a hernia operation? Are you ok with massive hospital waiting lists?

Don’t worry, Simon’s sorting that for you as we speak.

Any day now apparently we’ll have a functioning health service.

Problem is ALL the barometers are heading the wrong way but sure we’ll wing it and hope for the best just like we always do cause we haven’t a rashers how to do it any other way.

Many years ago someone who’s opinion I value suggested to me that we’re incapable of managing our own affairs as a nation. I disagreed at the time but have since changed my mind. We really are incapable.

The quality of our TD’s is utterly pathetic and the electorate aren’t much better for voting the same gob****es back in over and over even when they’ve been proven to be corrupt.

Between corruption, greed, incompetence, ineptitude, laziness and an undemocratic party system we have zero chance of sorting our issues.

Welcome to Ireland.

My teenage daughters tell me the established parties are all toxic brands to their generation. I know it’s anecdotal but I sincerely hope they’re correct. We desperately need effective, capable and courageous leadership from someone with the talent and vision to see it through.

Something we haven’t seen for a very long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

We have effective courageous and capable leadership. With talent and aspirations.
    They can get things done overnight when it suits them.
    Too bad it’s all for corporations and banks and property vulture funds.

They don’t use these abilities when it comes to serving the people that elected them.

We have some capable TD’s.

I’m not sure about leaders though.

That seems to be where we fall down.

Enda was as weak a leader as you’ll find and Leo consistently demonstrates that he isn’t far behind.

But then hIs failure to act on this issue only serves to hurt him and his party even further so I’m ok with that.

Let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Doesn't look like he should have even put himself up for re-election tbh, looks like a very ill man.
    Surely you're not suggesting that the party concealed details of his condition just so they could hold onto the seat and then pass it over to a chosen party member after the election? That would be just too cynical, even for the Baileys, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Meanwhile, 216 families secured local authority housing while a further 135 got housing from an Approved Housing Body (AHB) – a charity that supplies social housing”

So the Fine Geal government are depending on charity to house families,nice.

This might not be necessary if it wasn't for the "objection culture"

Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy has hit out at an "objection culture" affecting the rising number of planning applications received, while the Government grapples with the homelessness crisis. ... He said people making objections rather than observations on a planning file could lead to developments being affected.

And just like the "compo culture" where the FG'rs are preaching to the rest of us that exaggerating claims hurts everybody while at the same time holding their hand out looking for money for dodgy claims, it seems that the "objection culture" is also being driven from the top.

Plans for apartment blocks objected to by Leo Varadkar and Joan Burton

The hypocrisy of the Fine Geal leadership Knows no bounds it would seem. They make the torys look like alterboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Surely you're not suggesting that the party concealed details of his condition just so they could hold onto the seat and then pass it over to a chosen party member after the election? That would be just too cynical, even for the Baileys, right?

How they even made it through a campaign without his condition being widely known is shocking.

He doesn’t even look like he’s able to look at the camera - Looks like he wasn’t really well enough have to be present at all.

blackwhite wrote: »
    How they even made it through a campaign without his condition being widely known is shocking.

He doesn’t even look like he’s able to look at the camera - Looks like he wasn’t really well enough have to be present at all.

On a thin limb here but can widows/widowers of deceased TDs/ councillors draw down their deceased spouses pensions? As in the armed forces?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭blackwhite

On a thin limb here but can widows/widowers of deceased TDs/ councillors draw down their deceased spouses pensions? As in the armed forces?

No idea.

But they can be appointed to take up the seat of the deceased. Farrell tried to do it with his wife when elected to the Dail - a neighbour of the in-laws in Waterford took over his fathers council seat when the dad passed away a few years ago as well - he was 19 at the time.

• Advertisement

No idea.

But they can be appointed to take up the seat of the deceased. Farrell tried to do it with his wife when elected to the Dail - a neighbour of the in-laws in Waterford took over his fathers council seat when the dad passed away a few years ago as well - he was 19 at the time.

Jaysis. Seriously?
    So the answer to my question is probably yes the can.

Fvck this lads we’re in the wrong business.

Some wagon we never heard of but she appeared on rose of Tralee once and happens to be a lesbian, just got elected as an MEP.

If someone so completely barren of any relevant skills or qualifications can get elected to that level, maybe we all can.

I despair for this country and how easily it’s played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

elperello wrote: »

Interestingly it was Kate O'Connells brother in law Hugh O'Connell that first broke the story. Hard to know what to make of that given there is rumours she is in the footage. It would explain removing the picture of herself and Bailey from her social media page in the aftermath for damage limitation.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Interestingly it was Kate O'Connells brother in law Hugh O'Connell that first broke the story. Hard to know what to make of that given there is rumours she is in the footage. It would explain removing the picture of herself and Bailey from her social media page in the aftermath for damage limitation.

That’s telling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Jaysis. Seriously?
    So the answer to my question is probably yes the can.

Fvck this lads we’re in the wrong business.

Some wagon we never heard of but she appeared on rose of Tralee once and happens to be a lesbian, just got elected as an MEP.

If someone so completely barren of any relevant skills or qualifications can get elected to that level, maybe we all can.

I despair for this country and how easily it’s played

But but... Tamagochi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

My mistake. It was this much in one quarter

343 homes repossessed over mortgage arrears during second quarter of 2018

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-home-repossessions-q2-2018-4225013-Sep2018/

Out of 60,000 in arrears by more than 3 months. By that rate it would be an average of 40 years of repossessions to clear the arrears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So they put them in rental accommodation. Feeding the black hole of rent to magnate multiple property owning landlords. They didn’t House them in social housing.

Cos there isn’t any.

Local authorities deal with HAP. Not FG or government.
    And you’re somehow claiming victory for FG when in fact a charity homed those families in your second statistic. Not FG

Riiiight
    Did you miss the bit where it said 216 families went into local authority housing?

Are you deliberately just ignoring facts?

Where does the funding come from for the charities?

Are you actually claiming there is no social housing been supplied?

There was 4,000 last year, this is fact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/social-housing-builds-2018-4492346-Feb2019/?amp=1

There is literally no point trying to discuss things anymore as facts are just ignored here, it’s pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The only thing that is giving me any hope at all that the report might not be swept under the carpet will be the fear that FG must be under in the assumption that the indo have CCTV footage of the whole thing, and legal letters from Madigans and who has signed off on them.

Imagine the scene - FG claim the report exonerates Maria of all and any wrongdoing at all, Madigan refuses to comment on anything, citing client and lawyers confidential bs, both remain unscathed by the whole thing and remain as is, losing wheeliebin as a voter (as he has said so)

Then a few days later the indo has a huge article about exactly what happened, Madigans involvement in it, if she is indeed the mystery friend with Bailey, and they release the CCTV footage of the whole thing like they did for Supermacs.

You seem to have a hard-on for CCTV footage to emerge over this JD, even though you were school on the matter in the politics forum about GDPR implications if such footage was leaked.

I suppose everyone must have a dream and a goal. :D

The nation wants to see that footage.

And try as they might, this story isn’t going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Humanity has been crossed, and they'll be drawing a line in the sand.

But Sean, Sean, I was HURT Sean

Did you miss the bit where it said 216 families went into local authority housing?

Are you deliberately just ignoring facts?

Where does the funding come from for the charities?

Are you actually claiming there is no social housing been supplied?

There was 4,000 last year, this is fact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/social-housing-builds-2018-4492346-Feb2019/%3famp=1

There is literally no point trying to discuss things anymore as facts are just ignored here, it’s pointless.

Keep going.
    I’m almost there.

How much do they pay you an Hour or are you voluntary.

Honest question. Yes or no.

Are you involved with Fine Gael on any level?

• Advertisement

The poor man looks as if he has advanced MS, MND, a brain tumour or some such very serious condition.

Rennaws wrote: »
    The nation wants to see that footage.

And try as they might, this story isn’t going away.

It’s a wonder somebody hasn’t yet faked a footage with lookalikes of the three lassies and posted it to social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No idea.

Councillors don't get pensions, so that's not the issue. He is (or certainly was) employed as her parliamentary assistant, though his service is short so if there is any pension there, it wouldn't be much.

The issue is control of the seat for FG. By holding the seat through the election, there is a good chance they are setting up the situation for him to step down, then the party chooses his replacement - someone that probably wouldn't have got elected on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    You seem to have a hard-on for CCTV footage to emerge over this JD, even though you were school on the matter in the politics forum about GDPR implications if such footage was leaked.

I suppose everyone must have a dream and a goal. :D

Schooled me balls, you tried to tell me in a matter of fact way that CCTV footage from the hotel would be subject to GDRP balloxology, I told you you were talking through your hoop, and still am telling you that.

Only a few days ago the indo showed footage of a customer staging a fall in supermacs, granted it was just a member of the public, one of the great unwashed in it, not TDs and a minister, but bearing in mind both incidents featured members of the public in premises that they knew had CCTV, and tried to sue the businesses.

Tbh, I think it might even have been a warning shot to FG to not try and white wash the internal report, it's common knowledge that there's CCTV footage of the whole incident, so FG should be rightly worried, and if they aren't - they fcuking should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The issue is control of the seat for FG. By holding the seat through the election, there is a good chance they are setting up the situation for him to step down, then the party chooses his replacement - someone that probably wouldn't have got elected on their own.

To be honest that is a serious 'stroke' worthy of the BS FF engage in. Although there is a thread on asking the difference between FF and FG. Crap like this proves there's no difference despite the protestations of their supporters.

Keep going.
    I’m almost there.

How much do they pay you an Hour or are you voluntary.

Honest question. Yes or no.

Are you involved with Fine Gael on any level?

Do you want to answer the questions or just throw insults?

There is no conversation here just people throwing insults about people been FG shills or getting paid for FG.

Zero discussion, as I said it’s pointless.

Do you want to answer the questions or just throw insults?

There is no conversation here just people throwing insults about people been FG shills or getting paid for FG.

Zero discussion, as I said it’s pointless.

You're no longer an FG voter wheeliebin, so I wouldn't take any of it to heart tbh.

You're no longer an FG voter wheeliebin, so I wouldn't take any of it to heart tbh.

Exactly.

I have said all along I won’t be voting for FG as long as she is still there.

But all I still get is I’m paid for FG to stick up for them on boards.

It’s absolutely pathetic it really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Exactly.

Its ironic it took a chancer making a over exagerated claim to tip you to not support them.vs what has become a nearly insurmontable homeless problem

• Advertisement

Exactly.

Going by this thread, you're far from alone. It seems Leo's lack of action on this one has cost him and the party a lot of votes.

I can't fathom what's going on atm with Bailey's incident, this would have been old news if she'd have the whip removed etc by now, and effectively disowned by the party, but instead the story keeps rumbling on, the indo keep printing compo stories, and people keep comparing it to a sitting FG TD(s)

The only logical explanation in my opinion is that this doesn't begin and end with Maria Bailey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement