Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Michael Darcy was very poor and somewhat arrogant on the Newstalk program this morning. He is....wait for it....the 'Minister of State at the Department of Finance and the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform with special responsibility for Financial Services and Insurance'.

He said they were planning legislation for insurance fraud and compo culture but they were waiting for a report etc etc. He hoped the report could be completed by the summer recess (no chance).

The key thing he did was to blame the judges for awarding such high amounts in comparison to other EU states. The judges wont like that but surely he could legislate for that immediately.

When asked about his own Fine Gael TDs trying to get dodgy compensation claims, he said he would not comment on individual cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Michael Darcy was very poor and somewhat arrogant on the Newstalk program this morning. He is....wait for it....the 'Minister of State at the Department of Finance and the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform with special responsibility for Financial Services and Insurance'.

He said they were planning legislation for insurance fraud and compo culture but they were waiting for a report etc etc. He hoped the report could be completed by the summer recess (no chance).

The key thing he did was to blame the judges for awarding such high amounts in comparison to other EU states. The judges wont like that but surely he could legislate for that immediately.

When asked about his own Fine Gael TDs trying to get dodgy compensation claims, he said he would not comment on individual cases.

Should of asked him was it the same lad writing that report as the report on Gangster Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Should of asked him was it the same lad writing that report as the report on Gangster Bailey

Should be completed by Wednesday, I don't envisage Maria will be lined up against a wall outside Leinster House with rotten fruit and veg fired at her by Fri though, especially not if Madigan had her grubby lil paws all over it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Should be completed by Wednesday, I don't envisage Maria will be lined up against a wall outside Leinster House with rotten fruit and veg fired at her by Fri though, especially not if Madigan had her grubby lil paws all over it too.

First version of report released

Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

5 businesses in my local town closing by the end of the month. 4 cite increased insurance costs as the main reason. The fifth owner is retiring and no one to take over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So what has happened to this inquiry? any massive updates of the intensive work they are doing?

Summer recess in about a month. You can be sure they will drag their heels on it.

ChikiChiki wrote:
    Summer recess in about a month. You can be sure they will drag their heels on it.

Doubt the Indo will wait a month. They seem to have it in for FG at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ChikiChiki wrote:

Doubt the Indo will wait a month. They seem to have it in for FG at the moment.

FG will attempt in all their usual pomp and holier than thou arrogance to drag their heels. The Indo will turn the screw.

ChikiChiki wrote:
    . The Indo will turn the screw.

They have done a great job so far, insurance costs are a particular concern of the majority of the public. FG will be doing themselves no favours by heel dragging. It will still come to light and the longer it drags on the closer to a GE it gets.

The only thing that is giving me any hope at all that the report might not be swept under the carpet will be the fear that FG must be under in the assumption that the indo have CCTV footage of the whole thing, and legal letters from Madigans and who has signed off on them.

Imagine the scene - FG claim the report exonerates Maria of all and any wrongdoing at all, Madigan refuses to comment on anything, citing client and lawyers confidential bs, both remain unscathed by the whole thing and remain as is, losing wheeliebin as a voter (as he has said so)

Then a few days later the indo has a huge article about exactly what happened, Madigans involvement in it, if she is indeed the mystery friend with Bailey, and they release the CCTV footage of the whole thing like they did for Supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

if Maddigan had nothing to do with it, wh not say so?

I really hope that CCTV footage emerges sooner than later. If later then I hope it is timed just as they are settling in after summer recess. Fresh in the minds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You do realise that a much bigger claim would likely follow the release of the video footage in this day and age of legal responsibilities for data protection?

eagle eye wrote:
    You do realise that a much bigger claim would likely follow the release of the video footage in this day and age of legal responsibilities for data protection?

Ah sure if it's released, whoever releases it can set up a go fund me page to deal with any claim, I'll contribute. Would be worth it to see the smug grin wiped off the faces of some of our 'betters'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blackwhite wrote: »
    As I said before, incapable of anything but childish personal BS.

Tells anyone reading here exactly what sort you are

But calling people liars and accusing them of constantly lying is being decent? You're a FG shill and that's fine but own it.

eagle eye wrote: »

So your man in the Supermacs case will have legal recourse now after his fake fall on CCTV was released?

What about Alan Farrell's interview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You actually sound very frightened! Would you like to see it? :D

So your man in the Supermacs case will have legal recourse now after his fake fall on CCTV was released?

It's a public place so the rules are different. You have no expectation to privacy in a public place. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

The summer recess ffs. If this was a problem with one of the banks they'd sit through the night to solve it. As usual with these things it's put on the back burner as it's only stuff for the little people.

It's to my eternal shame i gave these p r icks a vote in 2011. I won't be making that mistake ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭blackwhite

But calling people liars and accusing them of constantly lying is being decent? You're a FG shill and that's fine but own it.

You're been proven to have posted lies on this thread - but continue to repeat the lies. It's either intentional lying, or an inability to read basic English.

Yet all you can come up with to refute it is name-calling and trolling. Pathetic

All to feed your weird personal fetish/obession with Leo Varadkar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Is this the Allan Farrell defence? If you tell the truth about me then I'll sue you.

Surley bumbling Bailey would love to see the video being released to show all us cynics that falling off a swing while your hands are full is obviously the fault of someone else who should now give her a big bag of money.

What could she possibly have to hide?

• Advertisement

You actually sound very frightened! Would you like to see it?
    ???

I'm only pointing out that gdpr can lead to court cases.
    In this case if that video is released she could potentially use it when she doesn't get re-elected as hurting her political career.
    Now we all are pretty certain that this is her last time as a TD but it'd be very hard to prove that the video didn't play a part if it was released.

eagle eye wrote:
    I'm only pointing out that gdpr can lead to court cases. In this case if that video is released she could potentially use it when she doesn't get re-elected as hurting her political career. Now we all are pretty certain that this is her last time as a TD but it'd be very hard to prove that the video didn't play a part if it was released.

Cop on to yourself if she doesn't get re-elected it's down to what has already become public knowledge about her willingness to claim and her inability to tell the truth plus her car crash interview on SOR.

You're been proven to have posted lies on this thread - but continue to repeat the lies. It's either intentional lying, or an inability to read basic English.

Yet all you can come up with to refute it is name-calling and trolling. Pathetic

All to feed your weird personal fetish/obession with Leo Varadkar :rolleyes:

That's a lie B.W.
    He completed his qualifications while a sitting TD. All you did was say how he went about it.
    Internet randomer complains about the country's political leader, how niche :):)
    You're obsessed man. To be a troll I'd need be the one following you, you are the blue shirted knight jumping in to talk on something you just recently complained had no place in the thread. Wise up.

Why do you want people to stop talking about FG/Varadkar? If it's your paid job, fair enough. Odd behaviour if you are a genuine bystander.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭blackwhite

That's a lie B.W.
    He completed his qualifications while a sitting TD. All you did was say how he went about it.
    You're obsessed man. To be a troll I'd need be the one following you, you are the blue shirted knight jumping in to talk on something you just recently complained had no place in the thread. Wise up.

You specifically claimed he was "going to college". Trying to weasel out of it instead of displaying a tiny modicum of honesty is clearly too much for you?

It's been pointed out on numerous occasions he wasn't going to college - yet you repeated the lie - and feel the need to repeatedly resort to personal abuse rather than act like an adult and admit you were wrong.

Worrying how aggressive and abusive you consistently get when your Varadkar obsession gets pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I'm only pointing out that gdpr can lead to court cases.
    When it comes to Fine Gael people it would seem that anything at all that might lead to getting their hands onto someone else's money no matter how undeserved can lead to court cases.

You specifically claimed he was "going to college". Trying to weasel out of it instead of displaying a tiny modicum of honesty is clearly too much for you?

It's been pointed out on numerous occasions he wasn't going to college - yet you repeated the lie - and feel the need to repeatedly resort to personal abuse rather than act like an adult and admit you were wrong.

Worrying how aggressive and abusive you consistently get when your Varadkar obsession gets pointed out.

Weasel out of what? So he completed his qualification in situ, while a sitting TD paid by the tax payer! Are you suggesting he dropped out of medical school to do this work? Or are you trying to say because he wasn't physically sitting in a class overseen by the Nuns I'm wrong? :):)

I hope FG are paying you well B.W. Obsessed you are.

Cop on to yourself if she doesn't get re-elected it's down to what has already become public knowledge about her willingness to claim and her inability to tell the truth plus her car crash interview on SOR.
    You obviously have no experience of courts.

eagle eye wrote:

Considering the nonsense you have posted neither do you.

• Advertisement

The court of public opinion is the only one that counts m'lud.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement