Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldur's Gate III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

oh boy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Crazy to think that we are finally getting another one. BG2 is probably i my top 5 games ever, so i really hope Larian can do it justice. If Divinity: Original Sin 2 is anything to go by, it's in bloody good hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully the pacing is better than other Larian games, I always find myself getting burned out by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Small explanation of the trailer by Larian's founder

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Xenji wrote: »
    Hopefully the pacing is better than other Larian games, I always find myself getting burned out by them.

If they can make it 50-60 hours long, or less even, rather than 75+ then that is absolutely fine with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Last time I played Baldurs Gate was early 2000's, is this the follow up? Not sure if it was 1 or 2, its a lifetime ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Hoboo wrote: »
    Last time I played Baldurs Gate was early 2000's, is this the follow up? Not sure if it was 1 or 2, its a lifetime ago.

From what I read it's set in the same universe after the events of the second game but will be a completely different story.

Yeah, set 100 years after the 1st and 2nd games from what i've heard. As for the pacing, i head the pacing wasn't great in the 3rd act of D:OS2, but was brilliant in the enhanced edition, so hopefully they learn from that.

Gonna start a replay of the series this weekend. BG1 through to ToB, using the BG2 engine.

BG1 was the first real rpg that made fall in love with games, only companies i could see doing 3 justice is larian or obsidian. time to replay 1 and 2 i think....and get my ass handed to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bg2 was just the best ever. I think i was looking at DOS before but never played it so must give it a go
    This is exciting

• Advertisement

I couldn't ever quite get into D:OS, but D:OS2 grabbed me immediately, and took almost 100 hours of my life that i would gladly give again. Absolutely fantastic game, and one of the best rpg's of all time for me.

I've a lot of faith in Larian after that.

Steam page is up as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_III/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

19 years since BG2... I have almost forgotten what the game was like. I just know that I played it for a LONG time and absolutely loved it. I am surprised that we are getting a BG3 but excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Kiith wrote: »
    I couldn't ever quite get into D:OS, but D:OS2 grabbed me immediately, and took almost 100 hours of my life that i would gladly give again. Absolutely fantastic game, and one of the best rpg's of all time for me.

I've a lot of faith in Larian after that.

Steam page is up as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086940/Baldurs_Gate_III/

Agreed. I've played DOS2 twice over now, 100 hours each time, and it's definitely one of the best RPG's ever.

If they basically make DOS2 again in a Baldur's Gate universe then I'll be all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ooooh man! Playing through Divinity 2 atm so this has me turbo excited

I wonder will we ever get a Kotor 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

All other similar games fade in comparision to Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale series of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭Daith

Really looking forward to this. The games, the second one especially, felt like you could "live in" them. So sprawling and full of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going to start Baldurs Gate tonight, it has been about 10 years since I last played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i am kind of burned out on isometric rpg's, seems like a bit of a saturated niche the 2 years. I love bg im really hoping it will shake it up and go like 3rd person witcher style with the same rule set as the classics.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Going to start Baldurs Gate tonight, it has been about 10 years since I last played it.

i started up the enhanced edition today......ive forgotten just how addictive it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i am kind of burned out on isometric rpg's, seems like a bit of a saturated niche the 2 years. I love bg im really hoping it will shake it up and go like 3rd person witcher style with the same rule set as the classics.

Get out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Lone Stone wrote: »

I'm a bit tired of the "retro" style isometric RPGs as well, there has been loads of them recently and all seem to have the same combat and endless dialogues. I'd prefer something different for BG3, but I guess that is unlikely to happen.

I already played BG1, Torment, BG2, Icewind Dale 15-20 years ago, I don't want the same games again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Polar101 wrote: »
    I'm a bit tired of the "retro" style isometric RPGs as well, there has been loads of them recently and all seem to have the same combat and endless dialogues. I'd prefer something different for BG3, but I guess that is unlikely to happen.

I already played BG1, Torment, BG2, Icewind Dale 15-20 years ago, I don't want the same games again.

That's vaguely like saying I've played HL1 and 2 years ago. I don't want to see them go down the FPS route for 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Never played one of these because I'm not a fan of the isometric style. Thought I read something somewhere that said this was going to be 3rd person, and piqued my interest. I take it there's no confirmation of what it will be?

Divinity original sin might look and feel like an iso rpg but its not really, id assume it will be a similar/same engine for bg3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

started dos2 now in preparation. this is great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Polar101 wrote: »

same like i literally bought every one of them that came out, some better than others just finished poe 2 dead fire last night. Great game's but the only one that stood out from the crowd was div 2. So yea i hope they do try take it to a 3rd person style game that would blow my mind.

• Divinity original sin might look and feel like an iso rpg but its not really, id assume it will be a similar/same engine for bg3

What is it then?

• Advertisement

• I never played any of the BG's. Does they hold up today?

Advertisement