Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I dont know if we need to go over the abuse / discipline issue again.

This kind of thing is why we developed the rule / procedure for when people say something upsetting in a game. If you follow that, the forum mods will address it in conjunction with the game mods (in terms of timing and communication).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

A quick word from your sponser of the hungry games.

giphy.gif

i absolutely loved the incluson in your game form the backrooms by means of interactive sponsorship.

It allowed me not to feel all alone and outcast for a few minutes a day....

barney kolido sully qb.

i am eternally grateful for the inclusion in your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I often fly a little close to the wind doing a bit of winding up etc, I say ****e I'd say to people in real life but the tongue in cheek doesn't really come across in posts :) People get offended and upset all the time in the game but I think everyone goes into the gsme with no malice, once the games over and people begin to become rational again, apologies are offered. Just move on and you'll be all good in the next game!

As for the game, genuinely thought I was getting burnout in WW, I was mod killed in the last game for being generally useless and unable to commit. I had some time off, signed up as a sub and had and absolute belter of a time in this one. A really fun game and a good laugh, everyone was enjoying it and really engaged which is a great sign for a game.

Looking forward to modding again next month friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

As I said in my initial post I’m far from blameless for what I post but I do see a difference between personal abuse and other offensive language.

My main issue wasn’t with the post where you called me stupid, I absolutely didn’t like it but today when I referenced it and told you I didn’t want to engage with you I was called pathetic.

So if I’m to understand, there was no apology but under no circumstances am I allowed take offence, bring it up or refuse to engage further with you? And if I do I’m pathetic?

Pathetic and stupid are probably me two least favourite words.

**** is probably my favourite
    If someone has an issue with something I say I expect them to bring it up with me, Oisin did and I addressed it. The racism comment was clearly said in jest but sometimes tone can be hard to get right obviously.

Look, you don’t like how I reacted to you. I see it as just that, a reaction. From my point of view something not of my making ruined my enjoyment of the game. Like I said it’ll make me think twice about playing again.

If you are genuine about not wanting to turn people away from the game then I’d suggest not calling people pathetic or stupid would be a good place to start.

I think it’s obvious we’re not going to come to a conclusion on this so for my part I’m going to park it.

If I do play another game I certainly won’t be using this in any manner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Necro wrote: »
    I thought the decision to keep the same lynch post each night was a great idea.

But.. But... But Necro think of the gifs. Won’t anybody please think of the gifs :(

You best not be getting any big ideas for the next game there buddy or you’ll be in trouble! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Feedback for game: Though I didn’t get to play I really enjoyed watching and actually liked that you kept the spoiler free DR for awhile. Thanks Kolido for not telling me who the wolf’s were when I forgot, didn’t spot Jake for ages so kept the mystery alive :)

Overall really well thought out, big well mods!

Green&Red wrote: »
    As I said in my initial post I’m far from blameless for what I post but I do see a difference between personal abuse and other offensive language.

My main issue wasn’t with the post where you called me stupid, I absolutely didn’t like it but today when I referenced it and told you I didn’t want to engage with you I was called pathetic.

So if I’m to understand, there was no apology but under no circumstances am I allowed take offence, bring it up or refuse to engage further with you? And if I do I’m pathetic?

Pathetic and stupid are probably me two least favourite words.

**** is probably my favourite
    If someone has an issue with something I say I expect them to bring it up with me, Oisin did and I addressed it. The racism comment was clearly said in jest but sometimes tone can be hard to get right obviously.

Look, you don’t like how I reacted to you. I see it as just that, a reaction. From my point of view something not of my making ruined my enjoyment of the game. Like I said it’ll make me think twice about playing again.

If you are genuine about not wanting to turn people away from the game then I’d suggest not calling people pathetic or stupid would be a good place to start.

I think it’s obvious we’re not going to come to a conclusion on this so for my part I’m going to park it.

If I do play another game I certainly won’t be using this in any manner

'Pathetic' was honestly in relation to WW tactics and a judging on a game. I was full sure you were wolf by then making pathetic or desperate attempts and flip-flopping, that was a reading completely unrelated to our earlier incident. I did not mean it personally. Your own view on such words is really not by problem.

'Stupid' was meant to annoy you by then, sure, and that's why I said it. 'Wanker' annoyed me, so I returned fire. I do not actually think you are stupid.

No apology for the second post, no, not unless you want to apologise for calling me a wanker and baiting that second post?

As others have pointed out, tensions escalate in WW regularly and it happens. Thankfully Boards has a mod system here to step in and handle it the rare time it gets too much.

I'm purely making this suggestion on my own and not speaking for anyone else, but if you found that all too much and still can't see how you escalated that situation, maybe WW is too much for you.

Frankly, I find this all a bit OTT by now and have said my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Loved the game, still can’t get over how lord swung that.

Gotta say, I love nothing more then being converted

giphy.gif

Dude I got the biggest LOL when Brendan said you had posted for the 2nd time in the wrong thread, mainly cause I know its the same kinda thing I would do.

I'm not trying to be mean, its just I was so nervous about doing it all game. I could totally feel what you would be going through but it was oddly funny to me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Gertrude converting was the single worst thing that could have happened to the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gertrude was Drumpot ?

Well now the voting the same person 3 days in a row makes sense.

tenor.gif?itemid=12502231

GnR. please reflect on what you have said in a previous game here and understand that lots of wild and mad stuff can be said during a game. I know this has been apoligised for and forgiven etc., and i never needed any apoligies in the first place, because heat of the moment anger etc falls of my back, but i just want YOU to remember it.

I hold zero ill will, but these games can bring out the monsters in us all, but when the games is over we all make up.

I admire you gnr, and respect you in all your game playing abilities, but i also admire stu in the same way.

dont let this little kerfuffle get in the way of the pair of you actually having fun in the future, you are both great people and this petty game based kerfufle should behind the both of ye.

boards cards be damned, dont not be friends because of a little in game banter.

ww can get heated, its the nature of the beast, but when final lynch is over, we should all try to get along.

I'd like to think that i will remain good friends with the both of you beyond this.

sKeith.

tusk wrote: »
    Gertrude converting was the single worst thing that could have happened to the village.

Ya i think we were done without that tbh even as excellent as lordy played I dont think we could have overcome the numbers or the doubt it created

Rikand wrote: »
    Gertrude was Drumpot ?

Well now the voting the same person 3 days in a row makes sense.

tenor.gif?itemid=12502231

Would you have axed me if I had argued back at you or were you all in on that.

I kinda wish I had put some points against it but I also hadn't posted after 9 any night so I was trying to stay consistnet

I did give out about you in the backroom but also gave you a very begrudging compliment and given you had just sentenced me to death a begrudging one is an A+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I think my behaviour triggered so interactions between others and at times I was purposely frustrating people so apologies.

I took offense at nothing but someone did message me today to apologise. Even though it was not needed it was appreciated (it did make me forget I was in Dunnes to buy chicken breast and somehow bought garlic butter and didn’t realise till I was home)

It was a heated game, text words can be taken out of context so easily. No one should stop doing something they enjoy doing. Especially when we’re in a unique position that we can stab, poison, hang, eat, garrote and various other nasty things to each other. Let’s just look forward to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would you have axed me if I had argued back at you or were you all in on that.

I kinda wish I had put some points against it but I also hadn't posted after 9 any night so I was trying to stay consistnet

I did give out about you in the backroom but also gave you a very begrudging compliment and given you had just sentenced me to death a begrudging one is an A+

I might not have axed you tbh

But if i didnt axe you, my next port of call was to do something about the Conor Wagon. I was looking at Conor, Jake and Liam and thinking I needed to do something to try and tidy up that wagon to gain wagonomics information. I was reading Conor as villagery especially as he was the counter wagon to Eva, so it was between Liam and Jake for the kill shot if I didnt go for you. I likely would have gone for Liam, but there was a chance I might have gone for Jake considering Liam's claim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Dandy you confused the f*ck out of me in that game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

tusk wrote: »
    Dandy you confused the f*ck out of me in that game!

You reminded me of captain America pre and post change.

Timid mouse into confident beast over two games.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    and understand that lots of wild and mad stuff can be said during a game. I know this has been apoligised for and forgiven etc., and i never needed any apoligies in the first place, because heat of the moment anger etc falls of my back, but i just want YOU to remember it.

And afterwards. Sure me and Mick tore the heads off each other post game back in the day and now look at us we're grand now.

Same with me and beaker at one point. It happens, just take a few days and cool off is the best advice I can give...

This advice doesn't apply to me though, ever :P

And afterwards. Sure me and Mick tore the heads off each other post game back in the day and now look at us we're grand now.

Same with me and beaker at one point. It happens, just take a few days and cool off is the best advice I can give...

edit: i worry i might hunt felling at what i said!

• Advertisement

cards incoming... ahhh

funny boards dont censor that word

Ya apologies about that, it took me sometime to come around to some clear headed thinking and I'm not sure I ever actually apologised :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ya apologies about that, it took me sometime to come around to some clear headed thinking and I'm not sure I ever actually apologised

No worries, all water under the bridge bud!

No worries, all water under the bridge bud!

Cheers dude

Now for some musical interlude

this is my calm down/ zone out song

It does work for me at least :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

James Bond Feedback

I liked the slower paced games recently and throwing in a few roles etc in Bond worked well imo. Making a game atm has made me think I might be interested in running a longer one in a few months between games. Mon-Fri games with storylines could probably get too complex very easily but stretch a complex game over 2 weeks and that could be a lot of fun.

I liked the slower paced games recently and throwing in a few roles etc in Bond worked well imo. Making a game atm has made me think I might be interested in running a longer one in a few months between games. Mon-Fri games with storylines could probably get too complex very easily but stretch a complex game over 2 weeks and that could be a lot of fun.

Thanks BH, I agree there's definitely a place for them.

My own thoughts on 007 is that maybe it was a step too far in having games so close to each other coming off Deadwood into Silence into Hunger Games into Bond.

The energy in the thread didn't seem as evident as most games, particularly in the last day or so. Maybe down to burnout? I can't really answer that.

But I don't think it should put off others from running a game they want.

If you build it, they will come :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Thanks BH, I agree there's definitely a place for them.

My own thoughts on 007 is that maybe it was a step too far in having games so close to each other coming off Deadwood into Silence into Hunger Games into Bond.

The energy in the thread didn't seem as evident as most games, particularly in the last day or so. Maybe down to burnout? I can't really answer that.

But I don't think it should put off others from running a game they want.

If you build it, they will come :)

I was one of the players involved in all 4 of them and I'll admit it, I was feeling the fatigue. I wouldn't be suggesting another long game for a while (there will be a gap between the June & July games for example and that's ok.

Some bit down the line however I could get into another longer game, the lower levels of posting is much more manageable. Having things like no posting night and twilight probably help here too and I'd be interested in a complex game with more time and less posting like this where you can really wrap your head around any story line playing itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nothing wrong with a break. I took close to a year off from playing. Burnout can happen to everyone. Then when you come back, it's makes it all the more fun again....

......Until you're killed off on the first night.

tenor.gif

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Thoughts on on-thread lynch voting?

It took away the excitement of twilight wondering who was going to be lynchee I think. But I think it might have its place in other areas as it's useful to see the progression of votes. You'll also notice the mods didn't actually provide a summary of the votes for players, so thoughts on that too?

Advertisement