Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

191012141527

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭ Clarabel


    Mollyb60 wrote: »


    I actually didn't like being locked out at all from the WW forum. It was maybe mentioned in the OP but I didn't notice that and then couldn't get in on my own account to search for potential roles I could claim for my reveal. I think everyone should be given the choice but if I don't specifically request it I don't think it should be forced upon me.

    don't undrstand this limitation?


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    I was thinking about this Molly and you could have accessed the WW role thread using your anon account.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    tusk wrote: »
    Same, once you die it's like your whole world goes caput and then the intenseness of constant chat just disappears. Would be great to get more activity on the deadroom.

    Me and You Clara! Let's both die first in batman and show'em how it's done.

    I also think the COP and D&D sites are super slow, so maybe that contributes to people not being too arsed.


    Discord deadroom?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    sKeith wrote: »
    Discord deadroom?

    I love discord. so that would be amazing!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You and me both! At least your didn't lock absolutely everyone out of COP after a game! We had to get the site admin back to re-mod one of us. I'll never get over the shame.



    I actually didn't like being locked out at all from the WW forum. It was maybe mentioned in the OP but I didn't notice that and then couldn't get in on my own account to search for potential roles I could claim for my reveal. I think everyone should be given the choice but if I don't specifically request it I don't think it should be forced upon me.
    Baggly wrote: »
    As an experiment to stop slips, locking people out worked, imo.

    I agree that people who wouldn't usually slip not having access to WW threads is a drawback.

    I think its a game mod decision - some people might want the access enough to forgive slips; some people might hate slips enough to forgive a lack of ww access......

    If there was a way i could bar myself from slipping, id do it - so i guess i fall on the side that wants slips gone. I think it helps protect the anonymity more and helps with immersion too.




    My account wasn't locked out, it was just not allowed to post in WW forum.


    I am not understanding thiis complaint at all.


    The only time I needed access back was after I was dead and wanted to pull quotes from the game thread from my standard account and not have to log back into the anon account to grab them.


    read access wasn't removed for me, maybe it was for you.
    The quote button was missing, other than that, my account had full access to ww forum, i never tried to post with it, so can't tell you what would have happened, but i could guess that i would have been denied.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    I was still so terrified of slipping after HG that I didn't even use boards on my normal account lol.

    The only thread I looked at during the game was the game, and onlly as holly. Completely missed Necro's peehs reveal because of it hahaha


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    sKeith wrote:
    read access wasn't removed for me, maybe it was for you. The quote button was missing, other than that, my account had full access to ww forum, i never tried to post with it, so can't tell you what would have happened, but i could guess that i would have been denied.

    I accidentally tried to quote something and it came up as 'you do not have permissions blah blah blah'

    So posting was out, which while it has never affected me didn't bother me either tbh


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭ duffman13


    As Baggly said it'll be up to game modes going forward but we couldn't see a negative to completely revoking access. If someone specifically wants access for whatever reason then that's fine too but no slips keeps everyone in the game. It did help Baggly was modding aswell so definitely no slips!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭ LadySkunk


    tusk wrote: »
    I'm not sorry for flippity flopping. I am sorry for saying vote phil though hahaha.

    Tusk a piece of me died when I realised I could have won us the game there and then. I only started feeling better when I realised you were part of it too, that made me feel so much better :P


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k


    Just on the spoiler free deadroom - our only sub wasn't available until later in the week and we thought we may need a couple of subs at one point so we kept it spoiler free in case we needed someone to go back in.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ sullivlo


    IIRC, in the early days of WW, the forum mods had no WW access. So we could trial removing it for a FG mod for a game if you want.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    duffman13 wrote: »
    . It did help Baggly was modding aswell so definitely no slips!!

    :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    TheSkunk wrote: »
    Tusk a piece of me died when I realised I could have won us the game there and then. I only started feeling better when I realised you were part of it too, that made me feel so much better :P

    I'm really glad you ended up flipping your thinking on me so many times to good. Made me very happy :D


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    duffman13 wrote: »
    As Baggly said it'll be up to game modes going forward but we couldn't see a negative to completely revoking access. If someone specifically wants access for whatever reason then that's fine too but no slips keeps everyone in the game. It did help Baggly was modding aswell so definitely no slips!!

    Well no slips on boards.ie, eh Duffers.......a certain game mod was caught in the nip in COP.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    IIRC, in the early days of WW, the forum mods had no WW access. So we could trial removing it for a FG mod for a game if you want.

    Might be a good idea now we have 3 forum mods. Is that something we can do ourselves or is it an admin action?


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 48,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Necro


    Baggly wrote:
    Well no slips on boards.ie, eh Duffers.......a certain game mod was caught in the nip in COP.

    Incorrect Drumpot was in the nip on two occasions on the game thread :pac:


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    sKeith wrote: »
    My account wasn't locked out, it was just not allowed to post in WW forum.


    I am not understanding thiis complaint at all.


    The only time I needed access back was after I was dead and wanted to pull quotes from the game thread from my standard account and not have to log back into the anon account to grab them.


    read access wasn't removed for me, maybe it was for you.
    The quote button was missing, other than that, my account had full access to ww forum, i never tried to post with it, so can't tell you what would have happened, but i could guess that i would have been denied.

    Interesting. I shall investigate this.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    Necro wrote: »
    Incorrect Drumpot was in the nip on two occasions on the game thread :pac:

    That wasnt a slip. He knew what he was doing.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    Baggly wrote: »
    Interesting. I shall investigate this.

    I cant see anything on the system that would treat Molly and sKeith/Necro differently. Molly should have been able to read / copy paste from any thread in the WW forum, even without access to the forum. Maybe now that her access was cleared and reinstated it wont be an issue. Could be a historical permissions thing from when the forum first started (which would not apply to sK and Necro since they have had their permissions removed and added back since the start of the forum, iirc).


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭ Drumpot


    Baggly wrote: »
    Interesting. I shall investigate this.

    Me too, I could view the thread but couldn’t quote (like skeith). Couple of times I was doing research and forgot it and had to do the work again (has started multi quoting posts).

    That said, I’m glad I was locked out TBH and I will learn to not make that mistake... Eventually.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭ quickbeam


    kitten_k wrote: »
    Just on the spoiler free deadroom - our only sub wasn't available until later in the week and we thought we may need a couple of subs at one point so we kept it spoiler free in case we needed someone to go back in.

    Oh agree, and I absolutely concur that there's benefits to it, and even that the benefits outweigh the negatives. It's just when I die, especially so early, I want to know all the info there and then like a spoiled child. And TBH, I did stop reading after I was dead as I was no longer invested, and also, there was nobody else to talk to. Knowing who was who for me could have kept the interest alive more.

    Don't for a minute count this as a criticism. I totally get spoiler free deadrooms as a game mod also. It's just my observation on what *I* would have liked in this game. But I also understand that what I would like and what's good for the game are not always the same.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Could always just start with both spoiler and non-spoiler deadrooms and those who like to play along can keep themeselves in the dark.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭ LadySkunk


    tusk wrote: »
    Could always just start with both spoiler and non-spoiler deadrooms and those who like to play along can keep themeselves in the dark.

    Only downside is the temptation is so strong when its opened. Could do it where you only have permission to the spoiler free one and if you can’t sub in you can request access to the spoiler one. Then anyone who just wants to dive right in can and the mods can keep subs too in the spoiler free :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ MicksJaguar


    I'd deffo have slipped a few times if I wasn't locked out so cheers for that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭ Clarabel


    13 player seer game



    Keith thanks for the game, I love the simple set up. No mess, no fuss just catch wolves!

    You left a note for me in the DR about my objective vote analysis suggesting that I should not call out when I read myself as bad in the analysis.

    I personally find it quite jarring when people leave themselves out of their analysis cause it doesn't feel complete for me. It feels like they are hiding something. It makes me feel that anything else they write after that is not true/correct
    That said I think I am the only person who writes like this. Can I get thoughts from other people about it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭ Clarabel


    @tusk and @skkeith - when you guys have disucssion about

    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/content/

    Can you do it publically pls?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭ duffman13


    I think you can't be objective really on yourself, your a wolf or a villager and only you really know that. It's actually not too bad doing it as a villager but if you were a wolf and you stopped doing it or took a different approach it would stand out.

    Each to their own, I think cause it's not really the done think it looks somewhat wolfy and then makes me forgot who wrote the post originally if you get me, cause you've analysed yourself. If your consistent with it, I dont see the issue.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭ sKeith


    Clarabel wrote: »
    Keith thanks for the game, I love the simple set up. No mess, no fuss just catch wolves!

    You left a note for me in the DR about my objective vote analysis suggesting that I should not call out when I read myself as bad in the analysis.

    I personally find it quite jarring when people leave themselves out of their analysis cause it doesn't feel complete for me. It feels like they are hiding something. It makes me feel that anything else they write after that is not true/correct
    That said I think I am the only person who writes like this. Can I get thoughts from other people about it?


    Anybody can write an objective summary of events.


    A wolf can just as easily write objective summary as a villager.


    A villager has no problems writing everything from their own perspective and can blast out the scene from their point of view easily and with ploenty of content, easily, because its true.


    when a wolf trys to do this writing, its much harder, as they have to switch perspectives and write from somebody elses point of view.


    this is where mistakes are made.


    if all the villagers are doing objective summaries, then the wolves can too, and its easy for them.


    faking a villager point of view is much harder for a wolf.


    when you read others writing, you have to read it and understand its from their point of view.


    if it feels forced, then your gut may be saying its fake.


    just my opinions.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Clarabel wrote: »
    Keith thanks for the game, I love the simple set up. No mess, no fuss just catch wolves!

    You left a note for me in the DR about my objective vote analysis suggesting that I should not call out when I read myself as bad in the analysis.

    I personally find it quite jarring when people leave themselves out of their analysis cause it doesn't feel complete for me. It feels like they are hiding something. It makes me feel that anything else they write after that is not true/correct
    That said I think I am the only person who writes like this. Can I get thoughts from other people about it?

    I'm the same.. most of the time. I generally leave myself as unknown in any tables or reasoning I do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    Clarabel wrote: »
    @tusk and @skkeith - when you guys have disucssion about

    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/content/

    Can you do it publically pls?

    Rather than do that. How about we get a discussion thread going on it and people can read it and give their thoughts there


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭ tusk


    sKeith wrote: »
    Anybody can write an objective summary of events.


    A wolf can just as easily write objective summary as a villager.


    A villager has no problems writing everything from their own perspective and can blast out the scene from their point of view easily and with ploenty of content, easily, because its true.


    when a wolf trys to do this writing, its much harder, as they have to switch perspectives and write from somebody elses point of view.


    this is where mistakes are made.


    if all the villagers are doing objective summaries, then the wolves can too, and its easy for them.


    faking a villager point of view is much harder for a wolf.


    when you read others writing, you have to read it and understand its from their point of view.


    if it feels forced, then your gut may be saying its fake.


    just my opinions.

    This makes a lot of sense to me. Will try to keep in mind for Batman


Advertisement