Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia e-Soul

• 19-04-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

https://www.kia.com/ie/new-cars/e-soul/discover/

https://www.drivingelectric.com/kia/soul

Am surprised there is no thread on the e-Soul yet. I have always had a soft spot for the Soul and think both the MKI an MKII still look great. Just a pity it was never offered as a petrol and I might have had one.
    Think this is the right way for Kia to take it and that its a good move.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I was thinking the exact same myself. Am very much looking forward to the arrival of the new incarnation

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

The website shows the base spec 64kWh model at €32k. If this isn't a mistake and they can sell it at this price and supply in volume, it wouldn't do much for Leaf, Ioniq, or eGolf sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks an interesting car. The two specs mentioned with the bigger battery are K2 and K3 at €31994 and €37495. Difficult to compare specs, both look well equipped incl LED lights, Adaptive cruise etc. K3 also has full leather, electric seats. Hard to see what else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

The website shows the base spec 64kWh model at €32k. If this isn't a mistake and they can sell it at this price and supply in volume, it wouldn't do much for Leaf, Ioniq, or eGolf sales.

Looks a mistake, pity as needs to be 5k off when it looks like that

32k for 39kWh

37k for 64kWh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Well, it's pricing the lower range model at €300 more than the long range one. Must be some mistake there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Looks like a great car.
    Very quick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Well, it's pricing the lower range model at €300 more than the long range one. Must be some mistake there.

The pricing tool has 2 prices for the higher range, I would take the one 300 more expensive is an error

Kona and Soul similar price, I can make a stab which one will sell better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

gizmo555 wrote: »

The Kia configurator is all over the place. It doesn't work for the E-Niro either.

The Kia configurator is all over the place. It doesn't work for the E-Niro either.

If you mess around with it and spend a bit of time you will get a good stab at price.....

Common sense will tell you the larger battery is not going to be 300 quid more expensive

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I suppose a lot will depend on what is available and what sort of trade in you will get. The Soul looks better equipped (But hard to tell as yet) than the Kona or Nero but it's looks may not be everyone's taste.

eagerv wrote: »
    I suppose a lot will depend on what is available and what sort of trade in you will get. The Soul looks better equipped (But hard to tell as yet) than the Kona or Nero but it's looks may not be everyone's taste.

You are lucky to get a set of wheel on the kona(over exaggeration of the day)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Looks really good, let's see what the pricing, specs for Ireland and trade in policy will be. For me it's this one or VW ID.

Don't like that battery warranty doesn't guarantee SOH and the boot is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,679 ✭✭✭✭unkel

McGiver wrote: »
    Don't like that battery warranty doesn't guarantee SOH and the boot is small.

Any link? That doesn't make sense. Buyer: the SOH is down to 10%, my range is just 30km. Kia: tough. It's still working, innit?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Shefwedfan wrote: »

While in my view the Kona is a better looking car (although I am only going on photos and you tube) the Soul has much better spec, adaptive cruise control, blind spot detect, it's own app (Jan 2020). I would opt to have soul, however if the niro had lumber support i would prefer that even with the lesser specs.

unkel wrote: »
    Any link? That doesn't make sense. Buyer: the SOH is down to 10%, my range is just 30km. Kia: tough. It's still working, innit?

:D

Sure, there you go. Battery Warranty section.

https://www.drivingelectric.com/kia/soul/1019/kia-soul-ev-range-battery-charging

Thanks for the response, but that's no more than hearsay from a third party website (that provides no evidence to back up their claim)

Anyway, the Irish consumer is fairly well protected under the Sale of Goods act (1980) which goes way beyond what most warranties offer

unkel wrote:
    Anyway, the Irish consumer is fairly well protected under the Sale of Goods act (1980) which goes way beyond what most warranties offer
    It's a third party but one that understands the EV market so one would assume they made their research and this information is correct. In their other reviews they always mention the battery warranty with respect to the battery capacity.

EV battery capacity is surely covered in 1980 law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

I see Kia have removed the car and specs from the website- wonder why?

mouthful wrote: »

The dealer was not very happy that the pricing was on the website for the eNiro. They said they had no confirmed pricing for delivery or metallic paint etc....he said they where getting onto Kia because the customer had more information than the dealer

I guess they pulled rank and told them to remove. I was supposed to get a price on the eNiro but it has never arrived.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Maybe there is enough demand in UK market, so they could easily sell this year production without having to deal with small Irish market.

mouthful wrote: »

Perhaps they made a bit of a booboo with the spec and pricing, undercutting the Kona.

Probably wait now till Model 3 and VW come out with an indication of prices..

McGiver wrote: »
    EV battery capacity is surely covered in 1980 law :)

You obviously don't know then how the act is interpreted in the courts ;)

unkel wrote: »
    You obviously don't know then how the act is interpreted in the courts ;)
    I do admit that I don't, but would I go and sue Kia that my Kia Soul EV battery SOH dropped to 69% and hence warranty should apply? Most likely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So the e-Soul is going to be priced from just under 36k and then the next spec from 39k.

It was in yesterdays indopendent motors section.

The-Niro prices were also there but the reviewer said the e-Soul was the much nicer place to be with a nicer cabin instead of a dull black one.

They are both due to go on sale in a month or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

AMKC wrote: »
    So the e-Soul is going to be priced from just under 36k and then the next spec from 39k.

The-Niro prices were also there but the reviewer said the e-Soul was the much nicer place to be with a nicer cabin instead of a dull black one.

I drove the two cars one after the other and the Soul is a much nicer cabin. If it wasn't so quirky on the outside, I would have bought one instead of the Niro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is 36 k just for 39 kwh?????.

I actually much prefer the look of the Soul - the Niro looks a bit generic crossover.

The Niro boot is a better design then Soul though.

Bjorn Neyland has an eSoul on test for 7 days and he posted pictures on facebook including boot.

Depth was the biggest issue on eSoul boot in the pic Bjorn had.

Unless there is a false floor

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Old diesel wrote: »

I actually much prefer the look of the Soul - the Niro looks a bit generic crossover.

Bjorn Neyland has an eSoul on test for 7 days and he posted pictures on facebook including boot.

Is 36 k just for 39 kwh?

65 KW actually.

Here is the article,

https://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/special-day-highlighted-huge-appetite-for-evs-as-kias-new-eniro-and-esoul-mostly-stole-the-show-38157927.html

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Is 36 k just for 39 kwh?

65 KW actually.

Here is the article,

https://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/special-day-highlighted-huge-appetite-for-evs-as-kias-new-eniro-and-esoul-mostly-stole-the-show-38157927.html

Thank you - I thought the Soul might come with two battery options.

Didn't realise it was only coming with the larger battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Thank you - I thought the Soul might come with two battery options.

Didn't realise it was only coming with the larger battery

It has 64 or 39.2, according to the Kia website.

From €31,995

Advertisement