Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kia e-Soul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

yeah, whats the Irish spec again?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I sat in one of these last week. The Quality inside is very good lots of soft touch plastics everywhere and there is a huge 12'' screen in the centre of the dash. Its not small but its not as big as a Sportage either but is very roomy inside. I would say there is very little between it and the Sportage in the width of them. There is only 4 colour options for it do which is a pity. I think the blue one looks the best.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

Love the car. Much better tech than Niro. The shape is odd and very aerodynamic though. But utility wise it's a great car.
    The only problem is the price, it costs way too much and the same as Niro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

AMKC wrote: »
    I sat in one of these last week. The Quality inside is very good lots of soft touch plastics everywhere and there is a huge 12'' screen in the centre of the dash. Its not small but its not as big as a Sportage either but is very roomy inside. I would say there is very little between it and the Sportage in the width of them. There is only 4 colour options for it do which is a pity. I think the blue one looks the best.

I thought that was to be a 10.25" display, not 12".

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

I thought that was to be a 10.25" display, not 12".

That's correct, it's 10.25"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

peaceboi wrote: »
    I presume there is only 1 trim for the new kia soul ev for Ireland just as the Hyundai kona premium & high spec premium se only for uk market.

2 Trims

K2
    17" alloys
    10.25" navigation
    Harmon Kardon speakers
    Cloth and leather upholstery with heated front seats
    Smart cruise control
    Rain sensor
    Lane follow assist

and K3
    17" alloys
    10.25" navigation
    Harmon Kardon speakers
    Leather upholstery with red colour pack
    Smart cruise control
    Heads up display
    Blind spot collision avoidance
    Lane follow assist

Ms

Seen the white one my local dealer has been taken out for a test drive yesterday. Good to see. Hope they are popular.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Went into J&P's in Douglas on Wednesday for a look.
    It's a very nice place to sit. Huge width in the car. Easily fit 3 adults in the rear and has a good size boot.
    Was the K3 I sat in, nice leather,colour combinations. Screen is huge. Didn't try the LKA etc as I was stuck for time.
    Acceleration was ok, no bad wheel spin like I found in the Kona.
    Asked about delivery times and was told I'd be lucky to see one this side of next April..
    Personally if I was to go for one I'd get the K2 spec as I wouldn't use the gadgets on anything but a rare occasion (roads are too small here)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

Wins Irish car of the year 2020.

Ms

So as already said above the Kia e-Soul has won the Irish Continental Irish car of the year for 2020. It is the first time an electric car has won that here. Maybe that will make a difference on how many Kia will bring here now as they know now there will be a lot of interested people maybe more than they thought there would be.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Had a bit of a google there on car prices around the country.
    Buyer beware. Theres a few Dealers out there charging K3 prices for the K2 car. (less spec'd car)

LOL actually gets better.. theres a dealer in Cork claiming that its only 7500 off, for the grants, from the price of the car. Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bmc58

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Looks like a great car.
    Very quick too.

Speed is not good for the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

:D

Thats a new one. 10/10 for originality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Irish roads, battery 15cm off the ground. Are you insured if you damage the battery?
    Party lights, what's not to love, seems like a decent EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

bmc58 wrote: »
    Speed is not good for the battery.

BS with the more modern EVs that have active battery temperature management, aka Heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Before we jump all over bmc58, does he/she mean that speed damages the battery (that's how it reads) or that speed damages battery performance i.e. range.

Because speed is definitely bad for range, to varying degrees of course depending on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Poped in to see the e Niro today and was pleasently surprised by the soul. I expected it to be waaaay smaller than the Niro and imo it beat the Niro on most dimensions.
    No interest in the Niro, but I may go for the soul for Jan!

Amazed they are not more discussed here, what a great little car with some fantastic and quirky design elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Forgot to say I saw a transporter with 3 E-Souls on it in Cork City on Wednesday, none had plates. Probably demo cars going to dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Firblog

Had a run in the esoul last weekend, thought that they must not have paid any attention to road noise, my 4 yo leaf is much quieter; deffo wouldn't buy one because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

@Deegs : What dealer was that ?

A few weeks ago I called into a ( large multilocation, multifranchise ) dealer with a franchaise for Kia in NCD to ask about the e-Soul. Their enthusiasm in trying to sell one was, um, :rolleyes:.

Pressed hard, they supposed that they could try to arrange with Kia for me to see one ...

Soul is much better car than Niro, then interior is better. Just a bit boxy and hence motorway range won't be that great. City driving and like that, it's quite efficient.
    If the smaller battery version is priced aggressively it could sell well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

McGiver wrote: »
    Soul is much better car than Niro, then interior is better. Just a bit boxy and hence motorway range won't be that great. City driving and like that, it's quite efficient.
    If the smaller battery version is priced aggressively it could sell well.

33k new ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23353745

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

gally74 wrote: »

Good price for 64kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Good price for 64kWh

Id be making sure that wasnt a 39 kwh.

I thought a K2 64 kwh would be 35 to 36 k.

It was suggested at one time that a smaller battery eSoul would/might be coming I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,695 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That is a very good price. Just had a quick look on that dealer's website and indeed it must be the long range one as the PCP price on it is €35,995

Linky

Couple grand discount for cash, so it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Good price for 64kWh

Must be the mid range 39.2kWh version.

Retail price is 31,995 + 600 for metallic + delivery, so 33,895 sounds about right.

The long range K2 retails at 36,000 and the K3 at 37,495, both excluding metallic and delivery

gally74 wrote:
    33k new ?
    Not bad, it's 34k though.
    Highest trim? Scrappage? PCP?
    Seems a bit steep for 39kWh (gross?).
    <31k and it's getting interesting I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

think thats the 39kWh, also k2 is the cloth interior and is now discontinued... ive heard they are hard to shift, so maybe just clearing stock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Now 33700 quoted 64k battery ?

Advertisement