Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia e-Soul

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Bixler3 wrote: »
    Yes it is available on the Soul now but not on any with two tone colours. UVO only available on Red, Blue models at the moment.

Aye, had a phone call with Joe Duffy Kia today. They confirmed that the first edition soul(64kwh) doesn't have the hardware installed so no app for me. :(

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Aye, had a phone call with Joe Duffy Kia today. They confirmed that the first edition soul(64kwh) doesn't have the hardware installed so no app for me. :(

That's really shocking, I'm nearly sure they said an app would be available in 2020 for all Kia electrics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

At first I was iffy about the lack of app connectivity and a heat pump omission in the Irish model (without being warned by the dealer!!!!) but now I kinda got used to and with 400+ km in the tank every morning - who cares :)

I am yet to charge at any public charger and done 14k kilometres already...

That's really shocking, I'm nearly sure they said an app would be available in 2020 for all Kia electrics ?

It was in their e-Soul brochure and on the website all the way. Same as the heat pump. Oh and the rubber mats...

The dealer didn't even know, so he said, about the app back in January. Recently I was there again with a friend looking at the e-Niro and he either played stupid or "genuinely" knew very little of how the app works in the e-Niros...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Took delivery of my Soul last week, really like the car, spec is great.
    Works with the UVO app
    Averaging 7.1km/kWh on a mix of driving.

Works with the UVO app

Best of luck, nice car, I enjoyed my spin from Carlow to Blanch and back. The lane keep assist works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Works with the UVO app

What colour did you get? Well wear. Hope it gives you many hours of happy enjoyable clean motoring.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    What colour did you get? Well wear. Hope it gives you many hours of happy enjoyable clean motoring.

They only had a choice of red or blue in the UVO enabled model so I chose the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cty of d tribes

Hi,

I got my e-Soul in Feb. Blue aswell , how did you get the the UVO app to work? I cannot get mine to connect, plus there is no UVO app in the car meun. Do I need an update ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Hi,

I got my e-Soul in Feb. Blue aswell , how did you get the the UVO app to work? I cannot get mine to connect, plus there is no UVO app in the car meun. Do I need an update ?

I don't think the earlier cars came with the equipment. If there's no UVO in the menus, i think you're out of luck.

I believe the early 2020 models do not have the hardware to support UVO, there was an updated model with UVO that I bought.
    Don't think there is any backward compatibility sorry.

One thing that helped not getting so iffy about the mis-sold UVO option I’d never get is the super unreliable Leaf app... you can’t miss something that never worked properly or you’ve never had 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

peposhi wrote: »
    One thing that helped not getting so iffy about the mis-sold UVO option I’d never get is the super unreliable Leaf app... you can’t miss something that never worked properly or you’ve never had ��

It seems hit and miss. I found the Leaf app to be very reliable and I used it alot. There were several outages over the years but usually only a few days at a time... like the time it was found that anyone could remote activate anyone else's remote heating by just knowing the VIN on the windscreen! :rolleyes:

I know you are not alone though in your reliability issues but it works fine for some.

KCross wrote: »
    It seems hit and miss. I found the Leaf app to be very reliable and I used it alot. There were several outages over the years but usually only a few days at a time... like the time it was found that anyone could remote activate anyone else's remote heating by just knowing the VIN on the windscreen! :rolleyes:

I know you are not alone though in your reliability issues but it works fine for some.

Personal experience after L24s and still have the L30 - one worked more regularly than not, second was a hit and miss (and still is) and third one never worked for the 2 years we had it, even after calls to Nissan UK, unit replacement and dealer engagement :).
    Hope they will find a way to fit the older Souls with an UVO, it’s nice to have it - can’t agree more on that.

Hi,

is it blue and a black roof? Same as mine if it is, Mine got in Feb too. Unfortunately we don't have the hardware. Tbh apart from heating the car remotely everything is the same as in the in-car menu.

Agreed, the UVO app imho doesn't add a whole lot to the package other than reminding you when you havent locked the doors. :o

Interesting feature on Soul EV is that when you park on an incline the parking brake seems to automatically engage when you power off the car but not when you're on the flat.

Never noticed. Must try that.

Got a recall notice in the post for an issue with the electronic braking system. the OH is refusing to drive the car till its fixed.

• Advertisement

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Got a recall notice in the post for an issue with the electronic braking system. the OH is refusing to drive the car till its fixed.

Yeah, strange letter though, I presume we have to go back to the dealer to get it sorted, it doesn't actually say :)

rang the dealer yesterday. Told the service Dept isnt back till next week. :D

I haven't been following this thread in a while but I was told that the Kia/Hyundai EV's coolant change is very expensive ?

I haven't been following this thread in a while but I was told that the Kia/Hyundai EV's coolant change is very expensive ?

When I got my Kia Soul, the dealer said the the annual service would be €200!!
    I thought servicing an EV was supposed to be less effort than ICE cars.

Only if you have a very rare and expensive kind of water. This was discussed on the E-Niro thread.

When I got my Kia Soul, the dealer said the the annual service would be €200!!
    I thought servicing an EV was supposed to be less effort than ICE cars.

Go to another dealer. Your dealer is looking for ICE figures for EV servicing.

Only if you have a very rare and expensive kind of water. This was discussed on the E-Niro thread.

Can you elaborate a bit ? Obviously I didn't see the discussion.

Can you elaborate a bit ? Obviously I didn't see the discussion.

In short it's bullshit. The coolant is water and glycol, and it needs to be changed the same as any other battery coolant.... Ever?

I've no idea how these things get started. Maybe part of the Tesla marketing process. :D

In short it's bullshit. The coolant is water and glycol.

I've no idea how these things get started. Maybe part of the Tesla marketing process. :D

Maybe there was/are dealers out there trying to screw People.

I remember Barlo Nissan in Kilkenny putting a "next service due in 15,000 Kms" sticker on my 2015 Leaf and when I asked them why were they doing this when it's 30,000 Kms and they said something like " we recommend a service in 15,000 Kms because anything can go wrong and it's better to have the car checked out" bla bla, They weren't happy when I told them this is deception and it's wrong to do this to People who don't know any better that they should have at least given people the facts and let them decide if they want to bring it in after 15,000 Kms or not.

• Advertisement

Maybe there was/are dealers out there trying to screw People.

I remember Barlo Nissan in Kilkenny putting a "next service due in 15,000 Kms" sticker on my 2015 Leaf and when I asked them why were they doing this when it's 30,000 Kms and they said something like " we recommend a service in 15,000 Kms because anything can go wrong and it's better to have the car checked out" bla bla, They weren't happy when I told them this is deception and it's wrong to do this to People who don't know any better that they should have at least given people the facts and let them decide if they want to bring it in after 15,000 Kms or not.

Yeah I tried to clarify the service interval with Kia Ireland. They never answered the many e-mails I sent.

Advertisement