Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kia e-Soul

123457»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

peposhi wrote: »
    If the UVO app is not shown in the menu settings, you don’t have the hardware for it. All early Souls were mis-sold as UVO capable and with a heat pump, me one of the lot who got unintentionally/intentionally tricked by the dealer and Kia.

Three posts back.......:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Utility Mode Plus UVO App

Hi All, I've been playing around with trying to figure out how to leave utility mode on in the car and have he car locked.

If you lock the car with the keys it turns off utility mode.

However if you turn on utility mode in the car, then exit the car and lock it via the app, then utility mode stays on.... here's the interesting bit...

if you lock the car with the app, it will not unlock with the key fob.!

I need to play around with it a bit more, but thought I would share. (Guessing its the same with the eNiro)

basically its a mode where the car is turned off but all the electronics (lights, USB, radio, AC etc) continue to work. Also refered to as camping mode (to allow you to sleep in car) . Some people would also call it "dog mode" as you can leave your dog in a car with AC running.

My specific use case was as follows: When camping can I turn on utility mode, to allow charging of various devices via USB, whist being outside and away from the car, with the car locked.

Note: When in utility mode, the 12V battery is NOT drained as power comes from main battery.

Ah ok, I never knew such a thing existed. Must RTFM.....😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

Getting Soul Demo reg Aug 2020 with roof same color as body, do i have a chance that UVO is available there or its only for 211 reg cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Nope, not a single chance.

But at least you are getting a cracking car 😊

There aren’t many same colour ones knocking around. What colour is the car?

Red one ;) My understanding that the full roof cars are later made Souls, first one were usually with black roof.

• Advertisement

I think that if its same colour and Red or Blue then it might have the app. I though it was any non 2 tone and initially bought a 211 dark gray demo but it did not have UVO so gave it back and got a 212 that did. If UVO is on the screen then it has it, if not then it does not. (I think)

Morning all,

So has anyone any good prices for services? I'm due my 1st in the next few weeks. After spending 3 years paying Hyundai between 50 and 70 per service I know I'm going to feel violated by KIA....just not sure if there are any good prices for servicing from any of the dealers.

Any feedback/service prices would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 24 2tiredkjl

€70 for a first service, 2 years ago, with Sleator Kia Mullingar. Services 2,3,4 and 5 cost more.

since I got a few people bragging again about the price of an EV, I went on to Skoda’s website and slammed all extras in a Scala to match the standard K3 eSoul and guess what…it came to €36873 😂 😂. When I did the same with an Octavia… it was well past €40k.

As a comparison - back in 2015, a well kitted automatic Fabia was as much as my Nissan L24…

Busted again!

I paid €100 to Dunleas of Kilcullen. Polen filter included.

How are your eSouls doing? Everyone happy? I’m just past 40k, survived a pheasant (an expensive one), and still believe this is one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. My OH loves it and still planning to keep it for good.

Adding roof racks is a pain in the B though, with Halfords next to useless, so still on the hunt.

love mine. Have done 15k since April. Love the spec in it, especially the stereo. There are a couple of things I miss from the Ioniq, AC in the seats etc. However overall extremely happy. I am becoming less distracted by its relative inefficiency when compared to the Ioniq (about 30% -35% less efficient at motorway speed limits), however the bigger battery more than makes up for it.

The only modification I've make for it in the installation of a brink hitch system exclusively used for a bike carrier - which works flawlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Redlim

The Atera bars I mentioned in the roof rack thread seem to be back in stock from where I bought them for my e-Niro. Cost about €200 delivered from Germany. They are adjustable width so assume they must fit the e-Soul also. Very happy with them.

https://www.autoteile-immler.com/atera-signo-rtd-relingtraeger-048522-122-cm-alu-aero

Did you DIY the towbar or was there somewhere in Ireland you were able to get it done? Interested in doing it for the e-Niro but seems it's not an official mod here despite being available through Kia in some other countries

• Advertisement

I originally contacted Brink directly to find part number, irish suppliers etc. They put me onto http://www.towingequipment.ie/. It was they who sourced the product, did the install and ultimately sold me the bike rack. They were very professional and overall was very happy.

FYI they're located in Dublin, basically behind the Woodies on the Naas road

Excellent, thanks. Do you mind me asking ballpark figures for the cost?

just over €900. half for tow bar / half for carrier

Did they have to remove/relocate the rear fog light?

Can someone tell me is this a good deal?

20k for a 3year old Kia e soul? Seems too cheap to be true

what’s the range in this car? Anything in particular to look out for?

many thanks

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/kia/e-soul/fpa/201909021778613?journey=Search

Sorry- I see the 2018 Kia has a 111 mile range- that would explain the pricing. I can now see even cheaper 2018 models on donedeal- it would be a great 2nd car for small journeys but unfortunately it wouldn’t match our needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

That is the shorter range version. An older model. Can’t recall range but much less than the new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I think the older Soul electrics were something like 30KwH so the range would be quite a bit shorter than the current 62KwH models. They also look quite different from the front so that should be the giveaway. I have seen quite a few of them on Carzone over the past few months but they don't seem to shift... the same ones have been there for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

As above about 30kWh usable. Type 1 AC connector and CHAdeMO for DC.

Like everyone else says just buy Ioniq 28kWh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

New Front shoes going on my 2019 soul. 34k/kms. Went for Continental Eco contact 6

Yeah, same here… car’s quite hungry for rubber. Had to replace my 2 front ones with Davanti. Going good with them, not to noisy. Haven’t noticed and increase is spinning wheels which is quite common with the Soul’s beastly 204bhp…

Anyone updated their Soul lately? I installed the new update yesterday and I'm not impressed witht he new screen at all.

I do like the option to have two driver profiles but the rest of it is yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 grange girl

hi guys, after another totally head-wrecking long distance trip in my beloved Ioniq 28kwh, I am thinking of getting a 2019/2020 Soul (I can live without the app). A couple of questions:

• does the 'auto hold' come on automatically on the Soul?
    • does LKA etc come on automatically or can you set it up not to?
    • what's the Sat Nav like?
    • does it need to be plugged in for preheating?
    • the Ioniq keyless entry system can't be turned off and there can be a problem with relay gangs targeting them, is that an issue with the Soul?
    • Any comments from others who have made the move over?
    Post edited by grange girl on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 2tiredkjl

• does the 'auto hold' come on automatically on the Soul? Yes
    • does LKA etc come on automatically or can you set it up not to? Yes and you can switch it off by pressing a switch on the dash
    • what's the Sat Nav like? Acceptable, but there a better ones than Kia sat nav
    • does it need to be plugged in for preheating? Yes
    • the Ioniq keyless entry system can't be turned off and there can be a problem with relay gangs targeting them, is that an issue with the Soul? No
    • Any comments from others who have made the move over? I like the car so much I am planning to replace my 192 64kWh with the same model but 212 in about a months time. PM me if my 192 eSoul is of interest to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 grange girl

Thank you so much for your response, 2tiredkjl, I may well be in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Wait, how do I make Auto Hold turn on automatically? I have to press the button again every time I start the car so far.

And how do I turn keyless entry off when there is no actual keyhole?

"does the 'auto hold' come on automatically on the Soul? Yes"

No it doesn't. You have to press the button each time you drive. It stays on for the duration of your journey but resets to "OFF" when you restart the car.

Also re the keyless entry issue, should be able to get sorted for ~€12 for a ' Faraday box ' from eBay / Amazon w/e to leave your keys in.

2014 Kia Soul EV 27kw, New battery

Car has a new 30.5KW (27kw useable) traction Battery fitted by Joe Duffy Kia in May 22 (battery is like a new life for the car at least another 100k+ miles of driving), Full-service history, with last service done in November.

Real world range: winter around 140km, summer up to 200km.

New all-around tyres, brake disks and pads replaced in 2022.

Car Spec:

2 keys available with Keyless Entry and start

Electric windows front & rear, wind deflectors

Reach & rake Steering wheel adjustment

Heated steering wheel, 2 stage heated front seats

Front and rear parking sensors and Rear HD Reversing camera

Auto lights and fog lights

Fully Digital Dash, Android Auto, Apple car Play, 2022 maps uploaded

Factory Spec Rear Privacy glass

6kw slow charger and always quick CHADEMO charging on fast chargers due to Active Thermal Management system.

2 cables supplied with the car (3pin and for public charging)

Very comfortable and spacious car, reason for sale - upgraded to the newer model.

Will have a new NCT in few days. Tax Until April 2023.

https://ev-database.org/car/1012/Kia-Soul-EV

Ad:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-soul-ev-27kw-new-battery-200km-range/33101344

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Apologies if either of these little titbits are common knowledge, they were news to me so I thought I'd share them.

1. The battery coolant that is the expensive part of the super pricey 3rd service is currently on recall. I got it for free on my 3rd service last week, that covers the coolant now for another 60k kms.
    2. My dealer has never updated my entertainment system. With the rollout of coolwalk for Android Auto I was looking for a way to get full width AA. I grabbed the latest version for my car (MY19 Soul EV) from https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/navigationUpdate and I now have not only wide screen AA but also the new purple-y look

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Just bought 2020 e-Soul and loving it. Funky looks and more range than almost anything else for the lots of short start/stop journeys we do. On our 192 Kia e-Niro I know how to look at the battery screen to see what % of energy is going to motor vs climate vs electronics. I also can’t find screen for Eco Driving in the main screen, not dash binnacle

any pointers appreciated

I know there isn't much through traffic on this thread but do any current model Soul EV owners know where the OBDII port is? I have been trying to find the info online but all I can find is for the old model. I have a Hyundai Ioniq at the moment and my OBDII is on the right hand side of the steering wheel where the fuse panel is housed but just wondering if the Soul is the same.

I am thinking of going to look at one this weekend and want to be able to see what the battery state is using an app. I already have a dongle for it and use the PHEV watchdog app, but I doubt this will read anything from the Soul. Any suggestions are welcome. 🙂

@Phibsboro Can you let me know what version is on your Infotainment system since the update? I am picking up a 2020 Soul EV soon and asked for the unit to be updated by the dealer and I just want to make sure it is OK when I collect. 🙂

Advertisement