Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia e-Soul

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

peposhi wrote: »
    Nope. The dealer did not even know about it when I asked...
    It's on their website that it was coming to Europe in 2020

I could swear that, until very recently, it said it was coming in January 2020. But that was obviously a missed deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Kia did something super simple and handy. When you open the charging bay flap you have a little pin you can slide on your charging cable’s cap. It’s handy to keep the water away from the lid and therefore protect the plug from getting water damaged.

Seriously good offer on a 192 K3 eSoul:

https://m.carsireland.ie/2533706

About €5k savings compared to buying new...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

is the uvo app available for the soul?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    is the uvo app available for the soul?

It should be. It’s advertised that it should be working. I don’t know if we need to update the software though and unable it somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Where we live the local power company and the local government have introduced an e-soul share car. 8chf an hour up to max of 64chf for 24hours. Nice car, seems well capable of over 400kms in summer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Good review from Jonny Smith today:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Interesting how much he liked the heat pump. :D
    The car he was driving doesn't have a heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hi,

I am loving my e-Soul, such a comfortable drive and great tech inside. But one thing is annoying me - I can't figure out how to get the fob to wind up (or down) all the windows at once. I figured this was a standard feature on cars as I've had it on at least my last 3 cars, though none were KIA in fairness. Normally it is done via a long press on the lock/unlock buttons, but that doesn't work with the e-Soul. It is especially annoying with the e-Soul as just once you have opened the door and are at the point where you might notice an open back window, you then have to sit back into the car to turn it back on to be able to operate the windows via the door controls. I have a dog in the back who loves having the window open so I have gone through this routine dozens of times already (and yes you'd think I'd have got into the routine of hitting the up controls for all windows as part of my getting out process, but no!).

Has anyone got it to work?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Hi,

I am loving my e-Soul, such a comfortable drive and great tech inside. But one thing is annoying me - I can't figure out how to get the fob to wind up (or down) all the windows at once. I figured this was a standard feature on cars as I've had it on at least my last 3 cars, though none were KIA in fairness. Normally it is done via a long press on the lock/unlock buttons, but that doesn't work with the e-Soul. It is especially annoying with the e-Soul as just once you have opened the door and are at the point where you might notice an open back window, you then have to sit back into the car to turn it back on to be able to operate the windows via the door controls. I have a dog in the back who loves having the window open so I have gone through this routine dozens of times already (and yes you'd think I'd have got into the routine of hitting the up controls for all windows as part of my getting out process, but no!).

Has anyone got it to work?

I don’t think there’s such option. I tried it too.
    I miss it too since I traded my A4 back in time. It’s a fantastic feature...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I don’t think there’s such option. I tried it too.
    I miss it too since I traded my A4 back in time. It’s a fantastic feature...

I have only ever seen that full closure trick on VAG cars so I don't think the Soul has it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I think it can be coded on BMWs and Minis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Works in the i3. Long press unlock and the windows both drop fully. Long press lock and they both go up fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭eagerv

Miscreant wrote: »
    I have only ever seen that full closure trick on VAG cars so I don't think the Soul has it.

Its on some Jap cars as well, on my Honda very handy to open roof before you depart to cool down car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Fords have it and volvos

My Navara doesn't though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

has anyone heard whether the UVO app is available for the souls yet?

Dealer knows nothing. Asked him last week.

Since last night I have a warning light “Check your TPMS”. I wonder what could have caused the failure...
    Will have to go the dealer I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Since last night I have a warning light “Check your TPMS”. I wonder what could have caused the failure...
    Will have to go the dealer I suppose...

Tyre pressure. One is probably low.

KCross wrote: »
    Tyre pressure. One is probably low.

The Soul shows real time pressure in each tire. When you go to the info section on the dash it does not show it anymore and only the “Check TPMS” message appears...

• Advertisement

And just after driving it again... the warning message has gone off, but when you get to the TPMS info on the dash it shows “Drive to display” regardless if you are parked or driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gammy sensor I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

And just after driving it again... the warning message has gone off, but when you get to the TPMS info on the dash it shows “Drive to display” regardless if you are parked or driving.

Did you have any punctures? Sensor might have been damaged during puncture repair or just a faulty one. Dealer visit required anyway particularly since it’s still under warranty.

KCross wrote: »
    Did you have any punctures? Sensor might have been damaged during puncture repair or just a faulty one. Dealer visit required anyway particularly since it’s still under warranty.

I actually had the biggest nail ever stuck in my off side rear tire about two months ago. The emergency TPMS came on immediately showing my tire went from 40psi to 20 within hours seconds. The warning gave me enough time to pull on the side of the road quickly preventing any damage.

It was repaired on the spot (funny enough it happened 100m away from Emo Tires) as there was no way moving the car with completely flat tire. Of course no spare there + the glue repair kit would have been useless with the size of puncture

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Only_Oran

Hi going to drive one tomorrow that I hope to buy. It was a demo model so 10000 kilometres on it. Just wondering should there be any signs of battery degradation after a year its 191?
    Also wondering has anyone installed a home charger lately and is there a company you would recommend?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

On a Kia Soul, there would be basically no impact on range for the first 100,000km. The BMS Hyundai/Kia use starts with 110% available, degradation needs to be about 10% before it will start to impact the driver.

Only_Oran wrote: »
    Hi going to drive one tomorrow that I hope to buy. It was a demo model so 10000 kilometres on it. Just wondering should there be any signs of battery degradation after a year its 191?
    Also wondering has anyone installed a home charger lately and is there a company you would recommend?

The 10000km or a year old battery should be the last of your worries in a eSoul. If you like the car and the deal is good - you’d get yourself a savage car...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Only_Oran

The 10000km or a year old battery should be the last of your worries in a eSoul. If you like the car and the deal is good - you’d get yourself a savage car...

Thanks, I've been scouring the Internet for issues can't seem to find one. Which is making me nervous! Price seems great particularly on my trade in. If anyone has anything I should be paying particular attention to apart from standard stuff please let me know. (that and home charging companies)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

Only_Oran wrote: »
    Thanks, I've been scouring the Internet for issues can't seem to find one. Which is making me nervous! Price seems great particularly on my trade in. If anyone has anything I should be paying particular attention to apart from standard stuff please let me know. (that and home charging companies)

If this is a demo car it may have the smaller battery, not 64kWh.

Main thing is that there seems to be a surplus of brand new soul's that dealers cannot shift, and there will be lots of competition and alternatives in a few years when you go to sell, such as Peugeot, VW, SEAT, Tesla model Y. Generally the kia EV hold value well but depreciation will be your biggest cost. Without numbers it's hard to give financial advice.

Other main downside is public chargers are often busy, blocked or broken so do your homework on 50kW CCS chargers and where they are not such as northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Yes it is available on the Soul now but not on any with two tone colours. UVO only available on Red, Blue models at the moment.

Advertisement