Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Personal accountability seems to be a missing concept in the courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

According to the comments in this article, the Aer Lingus court case was removed from the court website 2 days ago..

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2019/05/28/cant-hold-on-much-longer/

“Expired Session
    The web session has eNote: Details last updated at close of business on 27/05/2019"
    This should be no surprise to us.
    But I get the feeling that we will hear more about this Aer Lingus court case ..... when the time is right.

Regarding the senior counsel hired to carry out this “internal review”; well, I can only imagine that this barrister will do a fair and measured review.
    This will be his findings though:
    "While it was unwise politically for Maire Bailey to file a lawsuit on this matter, it was certainly within her right to do so, like any other citizen of the State, if he/she believes that they suffered injuries due to the failings of the insured party/parties."

Something along those lines. She will be exonerated by the barrister, and Leo will then tell us that the matter is now closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

jon1981 wrote: »
    Depends on who you talk to but there were many conversations on talk shows with solicitors and quite a lot would not. All that said, neither considered their party position before taking the case, that is the unique factor in this case, they are not ordinary joe soap.

its no surprise that a solicitor talking of the air in an interview would claim that they wouldn't but knowing as many solicitors as i d i can assure you that most if not all solicitors would be happy to bring this case froward.

after all who does not like money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Floppybits

FG will white wash this now. A 2 week investigation will kill The story . The Dail summer holidays are coming and then there is brexit will knock this story of the radar.

Bailey will continue as is with no repercussions and might even retain her seat come the next General Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Balanadan wrote: »
    Some of the Fine Gael candidates in my area are very capable people and I'd have no problem giving them a vote, but if the party leadership don't address this issue then they won't be getting any preference next time around.

I feel genuinely sorry for the managers and owners of the hotel for having to go through this ordeal when I'm sure they have far better things to be focusing their time and attention on.

They way Bailey carried on was a disgrace regardless but gimme a break let’s not lose the run of ourselves this isn’t a B&B. The hotel is owned by a very successful multi millionaire who owns about 30 hotels / restaurants all over the city including elephant and castle, everleigh, stella cinema, etc. I wouldn’t say they considered this an ordeal in any way. They crushed her case and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Floppybits wrote: »
    FG will white wash this now. A 2 week investigation will kill The story . The Dail summer holidays are coming and then there is brexit will knock this story of the radar.

Bailey will continue as is with no repercussions and might even retain her seat come the next General Election.

If FG had shares in brass necks they'd be minted.

If I'm driving my car and i take my hands off the wheel through my negligence and i crash, i can't sue the car manufacturer, the road layer,the council, it was my own fault.

How have we arrived at a place in which an adult can claim third party damages for taking their hands off the swing ropes and falling!!! This defies all rational thinking!

Come election time i won't forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If people would stop quoting the TROL, that would be just great.

It's unbelievable. Been called out about 100 times in the thread as TROL and people still get sucked in.

Just use ignore function ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Extremely unlikely for obvious reasons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Harnessed into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The voters in her area seem to be a little slow

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

She made a mistake , but like a witch Hunt.

Don't care what anyone says . A swing in a pub . Daft idea.
    Go on all you want with kids , instructions, supervision.

Still a daft idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Ah ,ok,
    she could always fall back on that .

The DAA have installed barriers around all the baggage carousel's just in case she returns to work there.:):)

That's the FG spin machine starting up.....

He won't do f**k all.....he wont go near any of them and if he does they can tell him nothing. What power does he have?

Its a PR exercise while they wait for something else to hit the headlines and then it will disappear. Neither Bailey or the other crook Madigan will answer a single questions

It's standard Ireland, how many tribunals have we had now with absolutely 0 people having any issues from them?

Still a daft idea.

What else would you like banned from pubs? seats? they are dangerous are they not?

Toilets can be a disaster, ban them!!

In reality the high seats used at the bar are more dangerous, so ban them?

The foot bar running along the bar, seen people trip over them, feck we need to ban them

Tell you what, lets just convert the pub into a soft play area....nobody will sue then.....oh wait the queue into the courts is massive with mammy and daddy sueing the soft play areas all around Ireland.....

Daft is the right word alright, but not the swing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Still a daft idea.

Yes it is a daft idea but they didn’t put her in the thing, she sat on it apparently sober without using her hands and fell. She’s a moron if she can’t sit on a swing sober. She’s getting abuse she deserves because she tried to exaggerate what happened to her and to get money she clearly didn’t deserve. The kids instructions and supervision is very relative as she was a 38 year old woman apparently well educated and couldn’t do what a 4 year old is capable of. After all that she claimed that she’s the victim and even played the sexism card, she’s a parasite and is getting far less abuse than she deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I've been thinking about MB and I bet she is absolutely mystified at how all this blew up in her face. Because the thing is, MB sees herself in a class of people that rule and therefore, in their minds, all their decisions are sound, upstanding, totally above board ones whereas if the exact same decision was taken by anyone outside that class, she would deride it as being well dodgy. The tone of her interview screams - do you know who I am, Sean - and also she flat out says other claims are false but her own, like of course ! is naturally perfectly legit. She didn't do the interview to justify or even explain herself. It didn't even occur to her that the nation expected her to do that. Absolutely not, she was there, in her reasoning, to give out for being treated as if she was a nobody. Like how very dare newspaper hacks and keyboard warriors question and find fault with an elite person as she sees herself to be. I think she will have a difficult time coming to the realisation that she is not above question and that the respect she's always taken as her due must actually be earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What else would you like banned from pubs? seats? they are dangerous are they not?

The foot bar running along the bar, seen people trip over them, feck we need to ban them

Tell you what, lets just convert the pub into a soft play area....nobody will sue then.....oh wait the queue into the courts is massive with mammy and daddy sueing the soft play areas all around Ireland.....

a pub is for drinking in. If you want to act the maggot on a swing head to your local playground (avoid stranger danger moments as best you can)

Honestly can't see swings in pubs take off.

• Advertisement

a pub is for drinking in. If you want to act the maggot on a swing head to your local playground (avoid stranger danger moments as best you can)

Have you seen the "swing"....you can't actually swing on it. You can sit on it and that is it

Are you saying you are incapable of using a piece of timber as a seat with ropes on it? drunk or not?

That means all seats with no back on them have to be banned from pubs! because people are too stupid to sit on them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maria couldn't even grasp that concept.
    We purchased a drink each at the bar, which we didn’t consume,

Honestly can't see swings in pubs take off.

Most pups in UK have large outside areas which kids can use, familys go for Sunday dinner and can spend a long time in the pub with the kids playing out back etc

They have swings/slides etc. Imagine, even adults use them and they are proper swings which can move.....

Are the irish people that stupid they can't be allowed have a swing in a pub in case they can't use it?

salmocab wrote: »
    Yes it is a daft idea but they didn’t put her in the thing, she sat on it apparently sober without using her hands and fell. She’s a moron if she can’t sit on a swing sober. She’s getting abuse she deserves because she tried to exaggerate what happened to her and to get money she clearly didn’t deserve. The kids instructions and supervision is very relative as she was a 38 year old woman apparently well educated and couldn’t do what a 4 year old is capable of. After all that she claimed that she’s the victim and even played the sexism card, she’s a parasite and is getting far less abuse than she deserves.

But there shouldn't be a swing in a pub.

Looking at photos they modified them with anti slip tape.

Looks bad for them .

Again she handled it all wrong. But only dropped case because of a leak.

I wouldn't claim myself . But she probably would have won case as a swing in a bar is daft and hard to imagine the design considered location . This is fairly critical.

A pub is for socializing in....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,311 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maria couldn't even grasp that concept.
    We purchased a drink each at the bar, which we didn’t consume,

Personally i think this is the biggest crime she committed and we are not making enough of it. Who the hell buys a drinks and doesn't bother drinking it.

But there shouldn't be a swing in a pub.

Looking at photos they modified them with anti slip tape.

Looks bad for them .

Again she handled it all wrong. But only dropped case because of a leak.

I wouldn't claim myself . But she probably would have won case as a swing in a bar is daft and hard to imagine the design considered location . This is fairly critical.

it was dropped because her lies and exaggerations were exposed.

Personally i think this is the biggest crime she committed and we are not making enough of it. Who the hell buys a drinks and doesn't bother drinking it.

They bought a drink each but somehow one of them ended up with a bottle of wine....

Now I would guess if the friend was struggling to get a camera that it was a full sized bottle of wine....so if Maria counts a bottle of wine as 1 drink that might explain why she fell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

https://twitter.com/conorgallaghe_r/status/1133741244289617926?s=21

Fun for all the family!

***Supervision Required***

• Advertisement

They bought a drink each but somehow one of them ended up with a bottle of wine....

Now I would guess if the friend was struggling to get a camera that it was a full sized bottle of wine....so if Maria counts a bottle of wine as 1 drink that might explain why she fell

maybe she is one of these people?

th?id=OIP.FU6qmU1mQVuj2-32O5_bmQHaHa&w=208&h=208&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement