Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

cournioni wrote: »
    Some women have a lot to answer for, particularly when they use the line “women want control over their own bodies”, or “woman’s body, woman’s choice”. Sickening attitude.

Ah so it's just women you have an issue with same as prior to the referendum

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Some women have a lot to answer for, particularly when they use the line “women want control over their own bodies”, or “woman’s body, woman’s choice”. Sickening attitude.

Women have something to answer for because you don’t like a decision they have made?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, i mean imagine a woman wanting control over what happens to her body, shocking isnt it? :rolleyes:
    ... by killing another body inside of her? Yes it is.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Women have something to answer for because you don’t like a decision they have made?
    Not all, only the ones with a similar attitude to yours.

That is their choice. Not yours.

Get over it. If you don’t want an abortion personally then don’t have one. Don’t judge other women for wanting one.

• Advertisement

I think you have a lot to answer for for your sickening want to control women, but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You say it's a body i say it's a clump of cells, we both have our opinion.

The country voted and the massive majority voted for abortion, i suggest you move to Alabama or time travel back to the 1950's if the result upsets you so much.

And the divorce referendum will be passed also. Pregnancy and marriage is being assaulted. The fundamental unit on which society is built.

You want people to be forced into a loveless marriage also?

You sound like a right control freak.

You want people to be forced into a loveless marriage also?

You sound like a right control freak.

Yet according to the poster its the liberal left who want to control people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Yes, yes and yes.

You see no problem with trying to control another person?

• Advertisement

Get over it. If you don’t want an abortion personally then don’t have one. Don’t judge other women for wanting one.
    Another disgusting post, given the topic of conversation nobody should ever be told to “get over it”. Almost as disgusting as the cheers around Dublin castle last year.

Taking another persons life should never be an acceptable choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

You see no problem with trying to control another person?

People should have as much freedom as possible. That should not be extended to taking another human life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Caledonia wrote: »
    It does seem - perhaps in light of referendum and delivering change - the doctor involved jumped the gun. They weren’t examined by a second doctor even though papers signed. That’s fine technically but as mother says she raised the syndrome after her own research maybe the second doctor would have said ‘let’s pause here’; this baby is much wanted; they are informed, there is a chance. It would have balanced bias.

I think the second paragraph here about not doing anything differently is v strange.

From Sunday Times:
    The couple say they were asked to attend a consultation at the hospital on April 4 at which they were told “some normal cells and abnormal cells” had been found in samples taken from the foetus, and claim they were not properly advised at that point that the baby had been healthy.

Haughey said the couple had been advised at the final meeting in April that the hospital would not have done anything differently, as it believed the chances of the baby being born healthy were still negligible.

And the article in Irish Times suggests the couple asked for an amnio and they were told no need :(
    The couple say they were “actively” told not to wait and that there was no need for amniocentesis - a further test that can be done at a slightly later stage in the pregnancy. Amniocentesis tests cells directly from the foetus.

If this is the case, this is caused by an existing problem in the medical system that would take many years to fix ... It won't be fixed by humans I am afraid, humans (in medical system too) are prone to error.
    I think we would need to wait for AI to have more certainty of what's going on.

I think you have a lot to answer for for your sickening want to control women, but anyway.
    You’d rather a baby be killed rather than tell a woman not to kill it. Lovely.

A woman in a crisis pregnancy needs to be helped.

Your idea if help is to incarcerate her and force her to remain pregnant against her will. That's a serious level of abuse against the woman. Yet you are ok with it. Strange set of morals occupying your head .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

You say it's a body i say it's a clump of cells, we both have our opinion.

At 15 weeks it is not just cells. Maybe you should do some research. Its not about opinions its about fact. And the fact is i voted for abortion and in this instance that vote killed a healthy person.

Another disgusting post, given the topic of conversation nobody should ever be told to “get over it”. Almost as disgusting as the cheers around Dublin castle last year.

This is a foetus which 12 weeks old or younger in vast majority of unwanted pregnancies.

You want to control women because you're a 'taxpayer'. You were able to do that until a year ago because a democratically held referendum was held and passed my a massive majority. So yes, get over it because some people don't want to continue with a pregnancy.

If you want to continue with a pregnancy. Do so, that is your right and your choice.

You need to respect other people's right to do otherwise because we voted as a country to allow them to do so.

Make it a criminal offense for an Irish woman to have an abortion anywhere.

So if they are living here but not Irish they can an abortion? Won't work btw.

medical procedure went wrong, based on erroneous judgement/data

common, lessons can be learned

no reason to relitigate anything. its a process.

cournioni wrote:
    A woman can do what she wants with her own body, not the body of the baby in it.

The pregnancy whilst it exists is part of her body, your attitude is one of extreme ignorance tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Faugheen wrote:

What if a woman wanted an abortion at 38 weeks? Should that also be her choice?

I know that question is facetious but it is made to show how not black and white your statement is.

I agree with abortion as a medical option for serious circumstances.
    Faugheen wrote:

Get over it!

Ok you realise that the woman in this instance was not given a choice yes?

You realise that human error forced her to have an unwanted abortion.

Dont confuse this story with your own opinions.

Nobelium wrote:
    That should not be extended to taking another human life.

Define when life occurs?

cournioni wrote:

A foetus is not a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The pregnancy whilst it exists is part of her body, your attitude is one of extreme ignorance tbh.

So is cancer

Mr.H wrote:
    She was forced to have an abortion?
    Mr.H wrote:

Again, forced?

Mr.H wrote: »
    What if a woman wanted an abortion at 38 weeks? Should that also be her choice?

I know that question is facetious but it is made to show how not black and white your statement is.

I agree with abortion as a medical option for serious circumstances.

Our laws don't allow for that. Our laws don't allow for abortions past the point which babies can survive outside of the womb. So your point is irrelevant.
    Mr.H wrote: »
    Get over it!

Dont confuse this story with your own opinions.

Proof that this woman was 'forced' into having an abortion please.

She was given information and made a choice based on that information. She didn't have to if she didn't want to. Ultimately she made the decision on what was misinformation which is a completely difficult matter and for you to lie and politicise that tells me how little you actually care about the couple involved in this scenario.

Nobody was 'forced' into anything here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

medical procedure went wrong, based on erroneous judgement/data

common, lessons can be learned

no reason to relitigate anything. its a process.

How many healthy babies need to be aborted for them to finalise their process?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I don't think that carries much weight. Mere potential is a weak threshold. If one of us is a woman and the other a man, there is a potential baby between us (I'm not flirting, you are). Potentialiaty is just about what could arise in the future. It can't be something to get overly precious about.

https://www.livescience.com/41398-baby-awareness.html

I think you're straining to defend a point that is completely incorrect.
    You're taking the idea of potential and going off on a tangent.

How many healthy babies need to be aborted for them to finalise their process?

i dont recognise your use of the term "healthy baby" perhaps you need to look at that

otherwise, i suppose the answer is "as many as it takes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I’m Irish and I pay tax which funds these “procedures” (aka killings). Of course it’s my business. I disagree with killings wholeheartedly, as should any sane being.

I find your attitude towards life sickening to be honest.

You need to get a grip of yourself. Constantly attacking other posters with your own moral compass.

Unfortunately for you and your moral compass the constitutional ban on abortion was lifted by popular vote. Move on.

People die in hospitals every day in every country because of wrong decisions/wrong scan results/wrong diagnosis. It wasn't a surprise that the pro-life lunatics jumped on this. We have moved far and away from putting all of this in religious orders hands thank fúck. They had their own way of doing things that certainly wasnt morally right.

Advertisement