Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Totally relevant if you consider the unborn child a human in their own right.

What if the woman doesn't want to carry it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Totally relevant if you consider the unborn child a human in their own right.

Ah, well Ireland doesn’t so it is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What if the woman doesn't want to carry it?

Then she should probably seek help from a mental health expert.

amcalester wrote: »
    Ah, well Ireland doesn’t so it is irrelevant.

So the child becomes a human once it exits the vagina?

Then she should probably seek help from a mental health expert.

And if she does and still doesn't want to carry it?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why is a parent abusing their children any of our business?

No, why is a woman deciding what to do with her own body any of our business?

The law doesn't consider a termination within the parameters as 'child abuse' so frankly you can take your prejudicial morals and stick them up your hole.

So the child becomes a human once it exits the vagina?

You left out in it’s own right.

Look, I am against abortion. It's impossible arguing minutia like this. Moral relativism and language games.

I think there is something wrong with a woman who wants an abortion. It's beyond unnatural.

Look, I am against abortion. It's impossible arguing minutia like this. Moral relativism and language games.

I think there is something wrong with a woman who wants an abortion. It's beyond unnatural.

There are no language games. It is a very simple question.

I think there's something wrong with wanting to control what other people do with their own bodies.

If you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one.

If a woman is raped, you would see something wrong with her not wanting to go through with a subsequent pregnancy?

• Advertisement

Continued help? Sectioned?

All the while remaining pregnant against her wishes?

And forced to give birth?

What about women who travel for an abortion? Stop them at the airport?

Faugheen wrote: »
    I think there's something wrong with wanting to control what other people do with their own bodies.

If you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one.

If a woman is raped, you would see something wrong with her not wanting to go through with a subsequent pregnancy?

So if someone wants to slit their wrists you wouldn't try to stop them?

Rape is wrong and evil and bad. Terminating the pregnancy solves nothing. Just adds to the tragedy.

All the while remaining pregnant against her wishes?
    And forced to give birth?

What about women who travel for an abortion? Stop them at the airport?

Yes, yes and yes.

So if someone wants to slit their wrists you wouldn't try to stop them?

Rape is wrong and evil and bad. Terminating the pregnancy solves nothing. Just adds to the tragedy.

Someone slitting their wrists is putting their life in danger. You continue your whataboutery though.

So you would force the raped woman to have the baby and deal with that trauma for the rest of her life through the child.

Honestly, you have zero compassion or care for women here, to the point that you would have them sectioned for not wanting to go through a pregnancy for any reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Yes, yes and yes.

So once pregnant, women lose their right to free travel?

Do you envision mandatory pregnancy tests at all airports/ports?

Should all women of childbearing age have their post inspected (like they do in prisons), just in case they order the medication online?

Should all women have to perform monthly governent-required pregnancy tests, and, if they test positive one month and negative the next, should they have to provide evidence that this occurred due to natural causes?

Yes, yes and yes.

Disgusting attitude.

You’d probably deny the child access to vaccines then as well.

You’ve a quare set of morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You want to lock a woman up because she doesn't want to stay pregnant?

How would you do that?

Padded cell? Strapped to bed? Force fed until she goes into labour and delivers?

Someone slitting their wrists is putting their life in danger. You continue your whataboutery though.

So you would force the raped woman to have the baby and deal with that trauma for the rest of her life through the child.

Honestly, you have zero compassion or care for women here, to the point that you would have them sectioned for not wanting to go through a pregnancy for any reason.

You are throwing extreme cases at me to make your point.

The first thing I mentioned was helping and supporting the woman.

If the woman does not want to keep the baby it can be adopted by someone who will love it.

• Advertisement

Disgusting attitude.

You’d probably deny the child access to vaccines then as well.

You’ve a quare set of morals.

The child that should have been aborted?

If the woman does not want to keep the baby it can be adopted by someone who will love it.

If that were yhe case there wouldn't be a long list of children currently waiting to be adopted.

How do you think we could persuade people to adopt thousands of new borns a year?

How many children currently on the adoption list will you yourself be taking in?

But you have no interest in helping women. You want them locked away in a facility against their will because they don't want to continue with a pregnancy.

That's mind-boggling stuff.

You want to lock a woman up because she doesn't want to stay pregnant?

How would you do that?

Padded cell? Strapped to bed? Force fed until she goes into labour and delivers?

Absolutely not. Given care and support and help.

If that were yhe case there wouldn't be a long list of children currently waiting to be adopted.

How do you think we could persuade people to adopt thousands of new borns a year?

How many children currently on the adoption list will you yourself be taking in?

Oh I forgot. We solve our population issue by importing people from abroad.

There's many parents that are desperate to adopt. There is literally 0 adoption of Irish children.

If the woman does not want to be pregnant you have suggested sectioning her with a view to her remaining pregnant. 9 months of pregnancy and child birth against her will.

Is that the support you're talking about?

What if she doesn't want "care and help" what if she just wants to have an abortion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

To do what you want.
    Not what they want.

That's not care, that's not help, that's most definitely not support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Anorexia is a mental illness which could have serious consequences for someone's health.

It's not just women who suffer from anorexia either but you go on your spate of whataboutery there.

I did mention women AND men. So all mentally ill no matter what their ilness should be forcibly treated against their will? I seem to remember homosexuality and grandma sexuality being mental illnesses so you'll forgive me if I think that mental illness isn't a rock solid area.

• Advertisement

But you have no interest in helping women. You want them locked away in a facility against their will because they don't want to continue with a pregnancy.

That's mind-boggling stuff.

Very controlling behavior. The type of thing an abuser would do and explain away as “I’m doing it to protect you”.

Advertisement