Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Those folk who think do not disturb signs do not apply to them, because what they have to say is more important than anything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You're welcome. :D
    Here's another for you...by the time I get home they'll be like a thong they'll be so far buried up me hole. :D

The gift that keeps on giving:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

When you're looking on the internet for a recipe for something but the websites are just too much hassle to scroll through...
    Don't get me started on youtube repair videos where they start off with their affirmatory life story.

All I want to know is which clip or screw to undo first

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Probably more than trivial, but as it's now after midnight I thought today was now Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Whatever thing lives on my roof. I can't figure it out. It tap dances during the day, it tap dances during the night... Banging the roof from inside doesn't scare it, pegging stones at the roof from outside doesn't scare it... I have no idea what it is but it is noisy as f*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you're looking on the internet for a recipe for something but the websites are just too much hassle to scroll through...

You've basically just described the entire modern internet. Infuriating.

TG1 wrote:
    Whatever thing lives on my roof. I can't figure it out. It tap dances during the day, it tap dances during the night... Banging the roof from inside doesn't scare it, pegging stones at the roof from outside doesn't scare it... I have no idea what it is but it is noisy as f*ck.

Mice in the attic can be noisy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »

Sorry that just me practicing my tap dancing in your attic 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Sorry that just me practicing my tap dancing in your attic 😛

Well, if you could find somewhere else to practice in future I would greatly appreciate it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Chudnuts and skid marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

My neighbour has an obsession with throwing things in her wheelie bin at 7.30 in the morning. She doesn't just lift up the bin lid but lets the lid flap, flip over and bang against the side of the bin. To make matters worse she does about 4 trips each time.
    Then there is the banging of her garage door as she disposes of glass bottles in her garage. Whenever she gets in her car, she needs to open and close at least 4 doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

Don't get me started on youtube repair videos where they start off with their affirmatory life story.

All I want to know is which clip or screw to undo first

Gotta fill those ten minutes and two seconds somehow!

My TA? Youtube videos that last 10:02, it reminds me that I'm just a target for advertising as opposed to someone just enjoying a few videos. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mice in the attic can be noisy.

Monsters in the attic. GET OUT NOW!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact that my attempt to make scrambled eggs has once again turned into an omelette 😡.

Well, if you could find somewhere else to practice in future I would greatly appreciate it! ;)

Ok then

*sad puppy eyes*

😿😜

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

The fact that my attempt to make scrambled eggs has once again turned into an omelette 😡.

That’s pretty impressive. My omelettes usually turn into scrambled eggs.

quickbeam wrote: »
    That’s pretty impressive. My omelettes usually turn into scrambled eggs.

Weird ehhh 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I would put money on it being starlings. They are UNBELIEVABLY noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

When your shopping, and you hand over your bank card for the shop keeper to tap.

Shop keeper : would you mind if I tap?

Me:No problem at all, work away

Then the shop keeper bends the **** out of your card against the machine

It came to ahead today when I always hand it over and give permission and a few times the shop keeper holds it against it flat(no problem) but today the latest person bent it so much it look like it was going to snap.

So I said you would mind if it was placed flat please because i think it's going to break soon?

And that's literally what I said and she looked at me as if I insulted her entire family.

Why do some shop keepers inisit on *bending the card*

Ahhh

Bloody just tap myself in future

Just stop bending people's bank cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Bit of a niche one, but when you collect your monthly prescription from the chemist and find they’ve given you syringe injections instead of pens.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

wally1990 wrote: »
    When your shopping, and you hand over your bank card for the shop keeper to tap.

Shop keeper : would you mind if I tap?

Me:No problem at all, work away

Then the shop keeper bends the **** out of your card against the machine

It came to ahead today when I always hand it over and give permission and a few times the shop keeper holds it against it flat(no problem) but today the latest person bent it so much it look like it was going to snap.

So I said you would mind if it was placed flat please because i think it's going to break soon?

And that's literally what I said and she looked at me as if I insulted her entire family.

Why do some shop keepers inisit on *bending the card*

Ahhh

Bloody just tap myself in future

Just stop bending people's bank cards

I have been the victim of credit card fraud 2x now.
    My bankcards will only leave my hands when they use a crowbar.

I ll tap. And otherwise i ll pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm sad that I didn't see someone and I don't know why. We don't even know each other .

Also I ran out of auburn eyebrow pencil . ta the scarcity of redhead makeup .

AND my madonna piercing stud is too long but it's going to be a b1tch to work out what length I need so I can order one , and I don't think I can get it out anyway .

I'm like a bag of angry wasps now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People that pull up at busy gas stations to fill their car, then get in to pay and don't come back for 10 minutes because they get coffee, a roll and smokes. Just move your goddamn car to one of the parking spots so people can fill their cars!

Also jobs.ie. Put alerts for Wexford and South Leinster on, get bombarded with mails for jobs in D2, the IFSC and some other badly accessible parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I can always tell when a guy in the office wants a chat. First he'll turn around in his chair and stare at everyone like a sick puppy, then sigh loudly and maybe even shake his head. And when we still all ignore him he'll get up from his chair, adjust his belt, and walk over to the nominee with a chuckle to begin the bantz.

I can feel him looking at me right now. Trying to catch my eye so he can begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I can always tell when a guy in the office wants a chat. First he'll turn around in his chair and stare at everyone like a sick puppy, then sigh loudly and maybe even shake his head. And when we still all ignore him he'll get up from his chair, adjust his belt, and walk over to the nominee with a chuckle to begin the bantz.

I can feel him looking at me right now. Trying to catch my eye so he can begin.

Start a fit of coughing/sneezing or wheezing - doubt he'll want to talk to you with that going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Those radio ads for Ben Dunne gyms

Why does he hate Flyefit so much? And why does he keep giving percentages instead of actual prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

quokula wrote: »
    Those radio ads for Ben Dunne gyms

Why does he hate Flyefit so much? And why does he keep giving percentages instead of actual prices?

I hear those and wonder if he has an interest in Flyfit, otherwise, why the constant 'free' publicity?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bomb scare in the city this morning, what's wrong with people

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Autosport wrote: »
    Bomb scare in the city this morning, what's wrong with people

They're afraid of bombs?

Who scared the bomb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

My neighbour has an obsession with throwing things in her wheelie bin at 7.30 in the morning. She doesn't just lift up the bin lid but lets the lid flap, flip over and bang against the side of the bin. To make matters worse she does about 4 trips each time.
    Then there is the banging of her garage door as she disposes of glass bottles in her garage. Whenever she gets in her car, she needs to open and close at least 4 doors.

Do we have the same neighbour? Sounds oddly familiar to one of mine...only this could be a all hours....damn lunatics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement