Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

batgoat wrote: »
    Yep, lizard people are secretly controlling our minds with chemtrails.

Soros paid them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Well, the Remain campaigners would beg to differ.

The thing about this mad motley-crew of barely-disguised fascists is that they've taken some of their cues from mainstream and even left-wing political approaches.

The widespread acknowledgement of how some minorities have been mistreated (which acknowledgement is way overdue), has somehow allowed them to rail against a culture of victimhood, whilst inadvertently giving them the courage to declare themselves 'victims'.

And on the topic of referendums, it's hard for those of us who think Brexit is madness to favour a repeat referendum, and defend our own previous repeats, whilst denying the chance of a Referendum to amend Repeal.

I think the reason why many of us find it difficult to understand the origins of these nutters, is because they've appropriated (and sometimes, but not always, mutated) some of the things that the left has itself been saying.

In fact, to be really literal about it, calling left-wingers Communists is oddly akin to calling DDI supporters Nazis.

This thread is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone rerunning the referendum on the 8th. There is no public appetite to rerun it. It was a landslide vote and would be even more so if reran. It would be a total waste of time and money. Much like this loons campaign

And on the topic of referendums, it's hard for those of us who think Brexit is madness to favour a repeat referendum, and defend our own previous repeats, whilst denying the chance of a Referendum to amend repeal

I don’t see the contradiction. I’m not against re-running a referendum if there’s good reason to. There’s no valid reason to rerun repeal.

Off the top of my head here are three strong reasons to rerun the Brexit referendum
    - they won by a razor thin margin
    - the Leave side openly lied to the public
    - two years later they haven’t figured out how to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

h2005 wrote: »
    This thread is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone rerunning the referendum on the 8th. There is no public appetite to rerun it. It was a landslide vote and would be even more so if reran. It would be a total waste of time and money. Much like this loons campaign

Yep the brexit vote was a lot tighter and has public feeling that's demonstrably different. Plus how atrocious the UK government are at actually leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That artificial intelligence will be used to house demons?

Apparently shes an award winning journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I don’t see the contradiction. I’m not against re-running a referendum if there’s good reason to. There’s no valid reason to rerun repeal.

Off the top of my head here are three strong reasons to rerun the Brexit referendum
    - they won by a razor thin margin
    - the Leave side openly lied to the public
    - two years later they haven’t figured out how to leave

Very similar list to what happened in the repeal the eight referendum.
    Only you can add an extremely biased media into the mix.

So 67-33 is razor thin in your opinion? And your other points are equally nonsensical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Abortion on demand what the people were hoodwinked into voting for.
    The second referendum will be within the next few years.
    Why so afraid of a second referendum

Mod

Keep the abortion talk out of here thanks, get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No similarities at all

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

That’s just not true.

67% is not a razor thin majority
    There were no major lies by the Yes side
    Services have already been rolled out

Are you lying or do you really not see the difference?

• Advertisement

Mod

Keep the abortion talk out of here thanks, get back on topic.

Sorry just saw this

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Got my soros cheque yesterday, i didnt work the 2 bank holidays so only flat rate for those days. FML :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

A relative of mine lost someone very close to them a good few years ago and had a similar descent into craziness. Not the same stuff as Gemma, but he also cut off family and friends due to his views which he gained on social media. Thankfully, he came back from the brink is back to the way he was before his loss.
    Going by what Gemma's family and old friends have said, her descent into madness is very similar and seemed to begin with her husband's death. I genuinely hope she seeks help and/or gets back to her old self but I fear she's too far gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Odhinn wrote: »
    In a video posted on facebook on the 14th march. She comments on the number of bikes on a train in sweden saying "The globalists love this" as its "a means of containment"
    https://www.facebook.com/100011070254271/videos/vb.100011070254271/760121091033559/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

It's really difficult to see how anyone could manage to keep a straight face while managing to get things so spectacularly wrong.

For a start, showing decent facilities for bikes on trains is the absolute opposite of containment - it is enabling further travel, letting people get to wherever they need to go using a low cost, low maintenance, easily accessible method of transport.

And of course, the historical and bigger picture that she completely misses (or chooses to ignore) is that the bicycle has been a tool of social and political revolution for decades, and has been particularly empowering for women.

https://www.bikecitizens.net/200th-anniversary-bicycle-changed-society/

https://thinkingaboutcycling.wordpress.com/social-movements-and-the-bicycle/

https://worldbikegirl.com/cycling-women-revolutions/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Got my soros cheque yesterday, i didnt work the 2 bank holidays so only flat rate for those days. FML :(

He won't take me on the payroll, which is a bit much as he owes me for a flagon and 10 major since 1985.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm just going to put it out there, she's not crazy, not at all.
    She is very smart, she is preying on people who believe 1 or more of her ridiculous ideals (is that even the right word) and hoping they catch on to more of her nonsense with the hope of them spreading the word to the next and so on and so on.
    If I understand correctly, it's the same model that extremists have been known to use to recruit suicide bombers. Prey on the vulnerable and blind them with nonsense into getting them to do your dirty work.
    I'm not saying she is an extremist with terrorist leanings, she is just using their model of scare mongering and hatred to gain supporter/followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Soros funds lots of left wing organisations and people. This is not a conspiracy, it's plain fact.

Soros funds lots of left wing organisations and people. This is not a conspiracy, it's plain fact.

Yep he lists each one. Problem is that morons treat it as some nefarious agenda and have even made claims that he's paying individual protesters etc. Which he is not... The causes exists regardless of him.

Also the amount of nonsense about Soros reeks of antisemitism.

batgoat wrote: »
    Yep he lists each one. Problem is that morons treat it as some nefarious agenda and have even made claims that he's paying individual protesters etc. Which he is not... The causes exists regardless of him.

Also the amount of nonsense about Soros reeks of antisemitism.

Well he has an agenda. He is expressing and supporting his political opinions by funding anti-brexit groups, anti trump groups.

She is 100% correct on the dangers of 5G

• Advertisement

No, no she isn't although thanks for demonstrating how gullible you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Any proof/research to back up her claims on 5G?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Can you explain why?

Well he has an agenda. He is expressing and supporting his political opinions by funding anti-brexit groups, anti trump groups.

As is anyone who donates to a political party.

frag420 wrote: »
    Any proof/research to back up her claims on 5G?

David icke has been warning about 5g for years.

Explain the dangers in detail please. Tell us what Gemma is correct about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,263 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

David Icke......come on...lol
    He is an expert? In what?
    A man who believes in lizard people...

A tiny sliver of his insane beliefs below.
    He believes that an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings called the Archons (or Anunnaki) have hijacked the earth and that a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians, also known as the "Babylonian Brotherhood", the Illuminati, or the 'elite', manipulate global events to keep humans in constant fear so the Archons can feed off the 'negative energy' this creates.

David Icke :pac:

The man who claims the British Royal family are a species of lizard-humanoids, who can shape-shift between the two!

Run along now ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Ah just stop now lad. Remember when 3g and 4g were gonna kill us all. And we're still here.

So now we know you're an icke supported can you 1 lizard person. I would like to meet our lizard overlords.

• Advertisement

As is anyone who donates to a political party.

He also funds a lot of "grassroots" organisations all over the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement