Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones content removed from Facebook, Youtube, Apple

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

batgoat wrote: »
    Tbh, making the "joke" that he made just makes him sound like a dullard and scumbag. Do you think it's funny?

No I dont think it is funny. Im sure I would find some rape jokes funny though

20Cent wrote: »
    How does one know when they are serious and when they are joking though?

The comment about the beer kinda gave it away as a joke! Not a very good one but an attempt at a joke however.

hcf500 wrote: »
    Im not going to watch that video. Ive seen that fella on the right before, Michael Knowles. He is a far right fascist and need to be shut down. Wouldn't you know he was pro Trump

If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you hate, fear and disagree with, then you don’t believe in free speech. Ricky Gervais

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    Cant a person be a comedian and a political commentator?

"Subtle fascism isn't your strong suit is it, just kidding, no subtlety intended"

According to your logic that's just a (bad) joke. It's not a thinly-veiled insult towards you because I am a comedian, correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It was a comment he made 3 years ago when he had no intention of running for MEP! The media brought it up again looking for an apology. How could it have had anything to do with opposing her!

Please stop pretending that he had no political involvement nor engagement while simultaneously also churning out political videos and engaging in political topics. It's not fooling anyone. This happened in the 2015 during the gamergate fiasco which he was trying to label a feminist conspiracy... And when that MP challenged him, his reaction was to threaten to rape her.

You knew that too, that's the worst part.

So tell me is he also "only joking" when he referring to non white people as n*ggers, spicks and chinks? Was he "only joking" when he referred to a girl with downs syndrome as a "retard"? Was he "only joking" when he claimed that incel terrorist mass murders were the fault of feminists?

Like I said, clockwork with this bunch you support.

• Advertisement

No I dont think it is funny. Im sure I would find some rape jokes funny though

You think a convicted rapist can make a rape joke publicly? I mean if it's a joke, it's okay right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A couple of days ago twitter banned an account which made parody videos of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. They are cracking down on comedy now! In fairness though, she is a parody of herself!
    This took 1 simple google search to find. I think you know why it was banned, but as usual, ignored. I genuinely cannot get over why so many people want to paint themselves as a repressed victim.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Please stop pretending that he had no political involvement nor engagement while simultaneously also churning out political videos and engaging in political topics. It's not fooling anyone. This happened in the 2015 during the gamergate fiasco which he was trying to label a feminist conspiracy... And when that MP challenged him, his reaction was to threaten to rape her.

You knew that too, that's the worst part.

So tell me is he also "only joking" when he referring to non white people as n*ggers, spicks and chinks? Was he "only joking" when he referred to a girl with downs syndrome as a "retard"? Was he "only joking" when he claimed that incel terrorist mass murders were the fault of feminists?

Like I said, clockwork with this bunch you support.

Hang on a minute. I never said I support Carl Benjamin! I support his right to make a joke, even if it is a bad one. I support his right to run for MEP. If he called a person with downs syndrome a retard, that is awful. I dont support speech like that!

What I posted originaly about Benjamin was how the Sun and the Daily Mail quoted about 5 different comments by him, edited them, and stitched them together to make up a complete lie about him.

Cienciano wrote: »
    This took 1 simple google search to find. I think you know why it was banned, but as usual, ignored. I genuinely cannot get over why so many people want to paint themselves as a repressed victim.

It was a parody account and clearly marked as a parody account! The account used to engage in the conversation with political jokes. Do you think that was reason enough to ban it? Anyway, as I say, she is her own parody!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, that white robe and hood was taken out of context. It was a joke to do with laundry day, and you're a fascist for not agreeing with that! And when you really think about it mcmoustache, doesn't that make you the racist?

The real racist, I think. Or maybe the true racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Unfortunately we live in a time where you can point at a guy wearing a swastica armband, giving a roman salute to a black guy swinging from a tree and if you call him racist, people, including in here, will argue with you.

Kind of disingenuous from you, no?

You make a point that is far from the reality we see. Are there some nazis/white supremacists? Yes. Are they large in number/have meaningful institutional power? No(and thank god for that).

Many fear mongers and extreme elements on the left are purposely trying to persuade people that these type of people are everywhere(waiting on every corner!). It's political, it's divisive. It's irresponsible. It's nothing new. And yes before you throw some whataboutism at me, yes i know Donald Trump can be divisive too. But i believe in calling out all instances of divisiveness. And frankly the left in this moment seems possessed by destructive identity politics, promoting the idea of the 'other' (namely all Trump supporters), and adopting an extreme authoritarian mindset, where everyone except those who subscribe completely to the progressive party mantra are fair game for attack, are excluded, doxxed, have their livelihoods threatened. It's fúcking frightening.

I'm all for battling nazis, and any type of supremacists. But at this point in time it is the left and it's authoritarian-esque binary focus that has me deeply worried. So i spend a lot of time pushing back on that. Inclusivity is a word you hear thrown about. But it's useless unless that includes healthy discourse when it comes to politics and political affiliation. Blanket labelling of people in horrible terms won't achieve that.

manual_man wrote: »

You make a point that is far from the reality we see. Are there some nazis/white supremacists? Yes. Are they large in number/have meaningful institutional power? No(and thank god for that).

Many fear mongers and extreme elements on the left are purposely trying to persuade people that these type of people are everywhere(waiting on every corner!). It's political, it's divisive. It's irresponsible. It's nothing new. And yes before you throw some whataboutism at me, yes i know Donald Trump can be divisive too. But i believe in calling out all instances of divisiveness. And frankly the left in this moment seems possessed by destructive identity politics, promoting the idea of the 'other' (namely all Trump supporters), and adopting an extreme authoritarian mindset, where everyone except those who subscribe completely to the progressive party mantra are fair game for attack, are excluded, doxxed, have their livelihoods threatened. It's fúcking frightening.

I'm all for battling nazis, and any type of supremacists. But at this point in time it is the left and it's authoritarian-esque binary focus that has me deeply worried. So i spend a lot of time pushing back on that. Inclusivity is a word you hear thrown about. But it's useless unless that includes healthy discourse when it comes to politics and political affiliation. Blanket labelling of people in horrible terms won't achieve that.

So, if I am reading this correctly, you are against fringes from both sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The only people it's okay to exclude now is white men. In fact, excluding white men is a great way to show off your inclusivity credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Christy42

The only people it's okay to exclude now is white men. In fact, excluding white men is a great way to show off your inclusivity credentials.

White men (of which I am one) seem to do pretty well in spite of being so badly excluded from everything.

There is a reason you push back against extremists. Attacks are becoming more common (Synagogue in the US, Charlottesville, NZ Mosque attack). Seems like a good thing to push back against those encouraging these sort of attacks (remember immediately the Australian far right party tried to blame immigration for that Mosque attack and away from the extremists who they want votes off).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's funny how only the left gets called out on it though whereas the right gets a completely free pass for indulging in white nationalism.

Nazis and white nationalists seldom identify as such. It's up to people to make up their own minds and as far as I can tell Donald Trump is certainly a white nationalist. As mcmoustache pointed out, you even see people here defending neo-Nazis but funnily enough the same people will condemn Muslims' right to practice their faith. For some people, free speech is fine if you're white.

I don't agree with exclusion but I can understand the urge when you see how much support Carl of Swindon, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and Mark Meechan command. People are judged for their actions. If you make crude edgy jokes about the holocaust or raping an MP when one was murdered on the street a few years ago then I have no problem calling you scum. You're responsible for your own actions and no amount of onanistic victimhood narratives designed to mitigate this responsibility will convince me otherwise.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,316 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cienciano wrote: »

I missed that. what account was it?

as far as I can tell Donald Trump is certainly a white nationalist.

You don't sound certain. Whatever would lead you to believe he is a white nationalist? I have never seen any evidence to support this claim.

I have seen his political opponents suggest this and the pro democrat media. No evidence though.

I think Trump is treated like a boogey man. Project whatever you want on him and then you can feel good about hating him.

While you are at it why not buy several Trump hate books, these authors are totally not about making a quick buck on the wave of hysteria.

I don't agree with exclusion but I can understand the urge when you see how much support Carl of Swindon, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and Mark Meechan command. People are judged for their actions. If you make crude edgy jokes about the holocaust or raping an MP when one was murdered on the street a few years ago then I have no problem calling you scum. You're responsible for your own actions and no amount of onanistic victimhood narratives designed to mitigate this responsibility will convince me otherwise.

The first 5 words are in response to my comment, the rest... :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You don't sound certain. Whatever would lead you to believe he is a white nationalist? I have never seen any evidence to support this claim.

I have seen his political opponents suggest this and the pro democrat media. No evidence though.

I think Trump is treated like a boogey man. Project whatever you want on him and then you can feel good about hating him.

While you are at it why not buy several Trump hate books, these authors are totally not about making a quick buck on the wave of hysteria.

I'm open to the possibility that I might be wrong. It's part of being human. At the very least, I think he's a pretty loathsome human being with no redeeming qualities so I'm reluctant to spend too much time listening to him.

Dismissing dissenting opinion as being simply Trump hating makes for a very poor argument.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I'm open to the possibility that I might be wrong. It's part of being human. At the very least, I think he's a pretty loathsome human being with no redeeming qualities so I'm reluctant to spend too much time listening to him.

Dismissing dissenting opinion as being simply Trump hating makes for a very poor argument.

You just said you were certain he is a white nationalist but it appears this was not based on evidence but rather feeling or intuition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So he's a white nationalist because.....feels?

You just said you were certain he is a white nationalist but it appears this was not based on evidence but rather feeling or intuition?
    Ush1 wrote: »
    So he's a white nationalist because.....feels?

well is certainly a racist and he supported the marchers in charlottesville so its not a stretch to say he is a white nationalist.

well is certainly a racist and he supported the marchers in charlottesville so its not a stretch to say he is a white nationalist.

I've seen no evidence of him being racist either. You all seem so certain in your presumptions.

He said there were bad people on both sides. I think this was true.

I've seen no evidence of him being racist either. You all seem so certain in your presumptions.

He said there were bad people on both sides. I think this was true.

No evidence of racism on trumps part? absolutely none? I think you dont see any because you dont want to see any. Or maybe you dont see it as racism because you think he is right.

No evidence of racism on trumps part? absolutely none? I think you dont see any because you dont want to see any. Or maybe you dont see it as racism because you think he is right.

I hate asking people to give me an example but can you at least expand on what behaviours of his you think are racist?

I hate asking people to give me an example but can you at least expand on what behaviours of his you think are racist?

If i gave you 200 would you even read them or just immediately dismiss them?

You were given one. You even quoted it. Calling the neonazis at Charlottesville "very fine people".

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

When the Charlottesville occurred, he said there were good people on both sides. One side was literally made up of Neo Nazis and white supremacists. Then there's his references to African nations being ****holes. For example of xenophobia there's his remarks from only a few days back where he joked about shooting immigrants. This was just after a border militia group proposed going "back to Hitler days and putting them all in a gas chamber"...

You were given one. You even quoted it. Calling the neonazis at Charlottesville "very fine people".
    (CROSSTALK) TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

This is what he actually said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

This is what he actually said.

We're perfectly aware but one side was made up entirely of Neo Nazis and racists. So no fine people hidden in there.

Advertisement