Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones content removed from Facebook, Youtube, Apple

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

batgoat wrote: »
    One side was literally made up of Neo Nazis and white supremacists.
    I don't deny there were some, but certainly not all. I don't agree with pulling down statues and renaming parks. Does that make me a nazi?
    Then there's his references to African nations being ****holes.

A lot of African nations could objectively be described as **** holes. What would be racist would be to say that it was because of the race of the people.

For example of xenophobia there's his remarks from only a few days back where he joked about shooting immigrants. This was just after a border militia group proposed going "back to Hitler days and putting them all in a gas chamber"...
    Not true. An audience member shouted it at a rally. More misinformation. It's as if you just read CNN briefly looking for keywords.

That border militia group is actually Trump manifesting himself as multiple people?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't deny there were some, but certainly not all. I don't agree with pulling down statues and renaming parks. Does that make me a nazi?

A lot of African nations could objectively be described as **** holes. What would be racist would be to say that it was because of the race of the people.

Not true. An audience member shouted it at a rally. More misinformation. It's as if you just read CNN briefly looking for keywords.

That border militia group is actually Trump manifesting himself as multiple people?

I'll just leave this here. I have no intention of discussing them with you as you are not interested in an actuall discussion, only in defending racists and neo-nazis.

http://democracyincolor.com/recordofracism/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Yes, he did make it into a joke.... So not misrepresenting. He didn't declare it wrong, he referred to panhandling and played it up to his audience.

In relation to Charlottesville, yes it was entirely Nazis and racists. If one is happy to march with people primarily chanting slurs then they're a part of the problem.

He also said Haitians all have aids and that Nigerians should go back to their huts in the past as well. But he's definitely not engaging in racist stereotypes, right?

I'll just leave this here. I have no intention of discussing them with you as you are not interested in an actuall discussion, only in defending racists and neo-nazis.

I am actually discussing your points. You guys are just throwing out claims without evidence and now, when challenged, you don't want to continue.

Sponsored by "Brown is the new white" holy **** you couldn't make this up. Website ran by black nationalists who are actually racist! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I am actually discussing your points. You guys are just throwing out claims without evidence and now, when challenged, you don't want to continue.

You're actively misrepresenting Charlottesville, it was a white supremacist march. This is fully accepted..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

They were chanting "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us". It's right there on video.

If that's not a racist march, then I'm not sure what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sponsored by "Brown is the new white" holy **** you couldn't make this up. Website ran by black nationalists who are actually racist! :pac:

so you dismiss it because it was written by brown people. How very racist of you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,562 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So you didn't bother to read the thing you asked for.

Calling black people racist while defending a guy who admires neo-Nazis. I suppose rational debate is maybe a waste of time in this context.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dexter_morgan

If you only see or hear the first half of what the president said, it looks exactly like the president is calling neo-Nazis “fine people.” But in the second part of Trump’s comments, he clarified, “You had people in that group who were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of the park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

In other words, the president believed there were non-racists in attendance who support keeping historical monuments. To remove all doubt, the President continued with “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It was a rally organised by and featuring speeches by actual white supremacists and neo nazis. Look at the poster for the rally and you'll see what it was all about. Whether you attended it because you wanted to keep the statues is irrelevant.

I'd like to see a united Ireland one day but would I f*ck be taking part in that pathetic show that Saoradh put on in O'Connell St on Easter Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So you didn't bother to read the thing you asked for.

Calling black people racist while defending a guy who admires neo-Nazis. I suppose rational debate is maybe a waste of time in this context.

It's dissonance. Their brain is actually working overtime to make what he reads fit into his worldview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Billy Mays wrote: »
    It was a rally organised by and featuring speeches by actual white supremacists and neo nazis. Look at the poster for the rally and you'll see what it was all about. Whether you attended it because you wanted to keep the statues is irrelevant.

I'd like to see a united Ireland one day but would I f*ck be taking part in that pathetic show that Saoradh put on in O'Connell St on Easter Saturday

Imagine a torch lit parade of actual nazi's in teh 1930's chanting about jews. Then imagine you point at them and say "those guys are nazi's" and someone says "not all are, some of the people marching just like their policies on autobahns".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,562 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Grayson wrote: »
    It's dissonance. Their brain is actually working overtime to make what he reads fit into his worldview.

That has to be incredibly damaging to one's intellect in the long run, surely. Constantly having to perform mental gymnastics for whatever reason can't be conducive to maintaining a healthy mind and it seems to be a hard habit to break.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Grayson wrote: »

Their brains are not capable of overtime! Its really very very simple. Yous support Trump, you are racist and sexist. His fan base is made up predominantly of white men. I hope he lives long enough though, to see the first woman president, maybe Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or better yet, the first Muslim president, Ilhan Omar. These are progressive determined women who want change and have some common sense, unlike Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

hcf500 wrote: »
    Their brains are not capable of overtime! Its really very very simple. Yous support Trump, you are racist and sexist. His fan base is made up predominantly of white men. I hope he lives long enough though, to see the first woman president, maybe Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or better yet, the first Muslim president, Ilhan Omar. These are progressive determined women who want change and have some common sense, unlike Trump.

Are you having a laugh? You call Trump supporters racist and sexist, when you clearly have some problem with white men! Do you support reparations for people of colour in the US by any chance, like almost every democratic presidential front runner? Where is the evidence that Trump supports are mainly white men?

The really funny part of your post is suggesting AOC as president! The same lady that doesn't know what a garbage disposal is! She didnt know the three branches of government! There could be a seperate thread set up just for all the dumb things she has said!

Ilhan Omar is a Jew hater! As for her common sense, just look at the video! She is driving while filming herself, no seatbelt and worst of all no belts on either of her children! Another complete dolt!

PS I dont like Laura Loomer. She is annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

AOC is only 29, you need to be 35 or over to run for President.

Although there's a possibility that the world might have ended by that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

AOC is only 29, you need to be 35 or over to run for President.

Although there's a possibility that the world might have ended by that time.

The current administration has set a precedent that the Constitution is advisory only.

MrFresh wrote: »
    The current administration has set a precedent that the Constitution is advisory only.

Can you expand on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Can you expand on that?

Ignoring the emoluments clause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

hcf500 wrote: »

Surely having a competent president is more important than electing one based solely on their gender.

Ultimately the United States of America will continue to murder innocent men women and children in the name of democracy all over the world whether a supposedly "progressive determined woman" is in office or not. Having a black president didn't change it why would a woman change it?

On the subject of female presidential candidates, the progressives darling Hillary managed to be so hated by the American public that she lost a popularity contest to Donald bloody trump.

I've seen your posting here and it is truly awful. Sweeping generalisations blurted out without anything but popular (and as it happens wrong) opinion to back it up. I've no time for trump but to casually say that anyone who supports him is automatically sexist and racist is truly pathetic.

MrFresh wrote: »
    Ignoring the emoluments clause

Why has he not been impeached for that so? It's not as if there is a lack of willpower on Democrats side! Never before has there been some much dedicated by a political party to bring down a president. Did they decide that there was not enough evidence to impeach under the emoluments clause?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I am not at all bothered is content has been removed. He said that Sandy Hook attacks were staged and frequently makes anti-semetic comments, those are very incendiary things to say.

hcf500 wrote:

Sorry. Late to this conversation. Saying that you would support the president of the us makes you racist and sexist?
    Oh my dear *insert preferred gender pronoun*, you have a lot to learn.

First woman president shouldn't matter. The best person should win. Regardless of gender/sex. You shouldn't clamour for the first woman president. You should hope people vote because of policy not by their appendages.

You.... You are the monster here. I vote for candidates based on their policy. You seem to vote on whether there are (or define themselves) as a particular sex.

Shame on you.

Bigot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why has he not been impeached for that so?
    Because one house of Congress are only delighted to enable him to continue to break the law.

For a president to be impeached, 67% of both houses need to vote for it. That would require 20 Republicans in the US senate and about 67 Republican House representatives to vote for it, which would also signal the end of their political careers. So they've decided instead that the constitution that they've spent so long furiously claiming to be pure gospel... is now only loosely advisory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

hcf500 wrote:

Sorry. Late to this conversation. Saying that you would support the president of the us makes you racist and sexist?
    Oh my dear *insert preferred gender pronoun*, you have a lot to learn.

First woman president shouldn't matter. The best person should win. Regardless of gender/sex. You shouldn't clamour for the first woman president. You should hope people vote because of policy not by their appendages.

You.... You are the monster here. I vote for candidates based on their policy. You seem to vote on whether there are (or define themselves) as a particular sex.

Shame on you.

Bigot

Stephen Yaxley lennon supporters do amuse me.

They amuse me too. Do Paul Hewson songs make you dance?

(Btw Winny is referring to the fact that I don't HATE Tommy Robinson. I'm not a fan, but the fact that I am hesitant to just call him a nazi means that I am a supporter #imwithhim(apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

hcf500 is 100% a troll.

Someone posting outlandish "far-left" opinions to cause a stir. It's so painfully obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

They amuse me too. Do Paul Hewson songs make you dance?

(Btw Winny is referring to the fact that I don't HATE Tommy Robinson. I'm not a fan, but the fact that I am hesitant to just call him a nazi means that I am a supporter #imwithhim(apparently)

As I said Stephen yaxley lennon fans amuse me. I do count you as one. Your postings in his dedicated thread showed up as a fan.

Now you happily supported stephens decision to send his supporters to clog up a rape crisis helpline. I can quote the post if you'd like?.

Now only the lowest of the low would target a rape crisis center. Though I suppose they have your support.

As I said.. Stephen Yaxley lennon fans amuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Now you happily supported stephens decision to send his supporters to clog up a rape crisis helpline.

What in the **** is wrong with people

Advertisement