Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones content removed from Facebook, Youtube, Apple

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

hcf500 wrote: »
    How are you going to defend Carl Benjamin saying that it was ok to rape young boys! Anyone that says something should not be allowed to stand for election. They should be locked up

CONTEXT! That is not what he said!! So anyone right of left should no be allowed to stand for election. That is fascism 101!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Barney the dinasour would be labeled an “extremist” in this current climate.
    Nigel Farage’s party is about to romp the EU elections and I’m sure the majority here would call him a “fascist”.

If “fascists”/“racists” like Trump and Nigel are so popular? Does that mean the majority of the UK and USA are all right wing extremists ? ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 40,309 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

splashuum wrote: »
    Nigel Farage’s party is about to romp the EU elections and I’m sure the majority here would call him a “fascist”.

If fascist/racists like Trump and Nigel are so popular? Does that mean the majority of the UK and USA are all right wing extremists ? ðŸ˜

You mean the Nigel that failed to get elected as an MP i think 8 times now? Fierce popular altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

You mean the Nigel that failed to get elected as an MP i think 8 times now? Fierce popular altogether.

Aren't his new Brexit party topping the opinion polls currently in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

If fascist/racists like Trump and Nigel are so popular? Does that mean the majority of the UK and USA are all right wing extremists ? ðŸ˜

Your obviously not keeping up with modern politics so not worth debating with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    CONTEXT! That is not what he said!! So anyone right of left should no be allowed to stand for election. That is fascism 101!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/07/police-investigating-ukip-candidate-youtube-carl-benjamin-jess-phillip
    Benjamin, who is known online as Sargon of Akkad, uploaded a clip to YouTube last month where he added to his original comments.

He said: “There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave, but let’s be honest nobody’s got that much beer.”

"He was only joking!" in 3... 2... 1...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Billy86 wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/07/police-investigating-ukip-candidate-youtube-carl-benjamin-jess-phillip
    Benjamin, who is known online as Sargon of Akkad, uploaded a clip to YouTube last month where he added to his original comments.

He said: “There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave, but let’s be honest nobody’s got that much beer.”

"He was only joking!" in 3... 2... 1...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Thats not what I posted about. I posted about the supposed comment "its ok to rape young boys". Whats your view on that?

Hate to break it to you, but right wingers have already been there since the 1990s when it comes to the "gay, commie, liberal agenda" man in a pink dinosaur suit.

Thats not what I posted about. I posted about the supposed comment "its ok to rape young boys". Whats your view on that?

Reprehensible if true, though I've not read much on it.

What's your view on him saying he would rape a woman if he had enough encouragement?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

So you have an excuse or "context" for the below comment? If not, do you think there is anything wrong with the below?

“There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave, but let’s be honest nobody’s got that much beer.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Regardless of what you/anyone personally thinks, sensible logic now dictates that TBP are now clear favourites in the EE in the UK (to win most seats).

I backed them at 2.2 last month, if you were to walk into any bookie today for your 100 investment the most you'd get back in total would be 117.
    The majority would only offer you 1.05 (5 profit for every 100 speculated).

Less likely, but also have NF to become their PM during 2019 at 67.0, just for the bantz. (Avg price today is 23.0).

It's the many folks who hold unrealistic hard/skewed left views that help me benefit from actual reality when it arrives. Still laugh to this day, at getting 1,000% ROI (live exchange/book variance) on Trump's election night. Many thanks!

Your obviously not keeping up with modern politics so not worth debating with.

remind me what elections he has won recently?

Regardless of what you/anyone personally thinks, sensible logic now dictates that TBP are now clear favourites in the EE in the UK (to win most seats).

I backed them at 2.2 last month, if you were to walk into any bookie today for your 100 investment the most you'd get back in total would be 117.
    The majority would only offer you 1.05 (5 profit for every 100 speculated).

Less likely, but also have NF to become their PM during 2019 at 67.0, just for the bantz. (Avg price today is 23.0).

It's the many folks who hold unrealistic hard/skewed left views that help me benefit from actual reality when it arrives. Still laugh to this day, at getting 1,000% ROI (live exchange/book variance) on Trump's election night. Many thanks!

win seats to a parliament they are against and will be leaving soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

win seats to a parliament they are against and will be leaving soon?

That's exactly why they have people voting for them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Today is the day he truly became President.

To some, maybe, but most everyone else accepted it the day of his inauguration.
    None of these people are far right IMO.

But the people that share videos from them are?? That's essentially what you're suggesting.
    Ultimately though, it's a creed based on feelings and the validation of said feelings. There's a reason videos from the likes of Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro are so widely shared. They give these people that special feeling of being right.

These people? So people who share a Shapiro video are far right supporters now? And when they do share their videos (to support their argument) they only feel right? lol
    It takes little and the arguments presented rely heavily on lazy generalisatons at best and outright nastiness and threats at worst.

Look who's talking. You're posting some pretty big generallistaltions your self there, chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

All it takes is proper good research and fact checking and you can easily discredit these Nazis. People are easily fooled

Unfortunately we live in a time where you can point at a guy wearing a swastica armband, giving a roman salute to a black guy swinging from a tree and if you call him racist, people, including in here, will argue with you.

Unfortunately we live in a time where you can point at a guy wearing a swastica armband, giving a roman salute to a black guy swinging from a tree and if you call him racist, people, including in here, will argue with you.

Well to be fair, that white robe and hood was taken out of context. It was a joke to do with laundry day, and you're a fascist for not agreeing with that! And when you really think about it mcmoustache, doesn't that make you the racist?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    So you have an excuse or "context" for the below comment? If not, do you think there is anything wrong with the below?

“There’s been an awful lot of talk about whether I would or wouldn’t rape Jess Phillips. I suppose with enough pressure I might cave, but let’s be honest nobody’s got that much beer.”

I think it is a bit distasteful but no different to something that Frankie Boyle might say! It is obvious that he is not being serious and trying instead to be funny (nobodys got that much beer). Whether you find it funny or not, censoring somebody because of a rape joke is a step too far. Should we censor Ricky Gervais too? Comedy would get very dull if its content is restricted!

I think it is a bit distasteful but no different to something that Frankie Boyle might say! It is obvious that he is not being serious and trying instead to be funny (nobodys got that much beer). Whether you find it funny or not, censoring somebody because of a rape joke is a step too far. Should we censor Ricky Gervais too? Comedy would get very dull if its content is restricted!
    Oh, so it was all only a joke when he threatened to rape a political opponent?

Well that certainly wasn't predictable.

How do you tell the difference between a comedian and a political commentator who tries to "disguise" vile views with jokes?

• Advertisement

A couple of days ago twitter banned an account which made parody videos of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. They are cracking down on comedy now! In fairness though, she is a parody of herself!

Oh, so it was all only a joke when he threatened to rape a political opponent?

Well that certainly wasn't predictable.

Seriously! You really think that was a genuine threat? If it was, he wouldn't be a very good rapist! Telling the whole world his plans of rape!

Just to be clear. I dont think any rapists are good!

How do you tell the difference between a comedian and a political commentator who tries to "disguise" vile views with jokes?

Tell me. Whats the punch line?

Tell me. Whats the punch line?

Simple question, how do you know the difference?

Simple question, how do you know the difference?

Cant a person be a comedian and a political commentator?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

How does one know when they are serious and when they are joking though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Tbh, making the "joke" that he made just makes him sound like a dullard and scumbag. Do you think it's funny?

Reading back on some of this thread I see Antifa getting a lot of abuse. They are not a violent gang like the proud boys. They are there for peaceful protest but what are they supposed to do when they are attacked by a bunch of goons?

Antifa>Peaceful. You must be joking!

Seriously! You really think that was a genuine threat? If it was, he wouldn't be a very good rapist! Telling the whole world his plans of rape!

Just to be clear. I dont think any rapists are good!

It was a very, very obvious threat: keep opposing me and bad things will happen. It's the standard go-to for the odern far right, followed by "I was only joking!" followed by playing the victim card.

Over and over and over again. Almost like they're going off a playbook, or style guide, or something...

• Advertisement

It was a very, very obvious threat: keep opposing me and bad things will happen. It's the standard go-to for the odern far right, followed by "I was only joking!" followed by playing the victim card.

Over and over and over again. Almost like they're going off a playbook, or style guide, or something...

It was a comment he made 3 years ago when he had no intention of running for MEP! The media brought it up again looking for an apology. How could it have had anything to do with opposing her!

Advertisement