Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW ID.3

• 08-05-2019 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

This is just a thread so everyone can keep updated on the ID.3 Launch Edition.

Target price to start below €40k before any state subsidy
    1st year 2,000kWh free public charging(WeCharge app required and include Ionity)
    8 year battery warranty, 160k km minimum of 70%

After Frankfurt show(12th Sep- 22nd Sept) order phase starts. The registration number is required. Will be able to order via the chosen dealer. This is the one you picked on preorder.
    Production end of year

ID.3 1st
    4 colour choice
    3 version(large wheels on all)
    420km
    58kWh battery

ID.3 1st
    Voice control, sat nav

ID.3 1st Plus
    IQ lights, bi-colour interior and exterior

ID.3 1st Max
    HUD, panoramic roof

If you want we can track users and garage. If you post details I will add to list. I seen similar on the Ioniq thread so might as well rob

I picked Liffey Valley as they service my eGolf at present so seemed to automatic choice

Of course you dont need to post details if you dont want

User VW Garage

Shefwedfan - Liffey Valley
    DrPhilG - Donnelly VW Derry
    DrPhilG - Reid VW Letterkenny
    Arch_stanton - Frank Hogan Limerick
    eagerv - Tom Murphy Car sales Waterford
    DriveSkill - Blackwater Motors Cork
    Fitz2011- Tom Murphy car sales Waterford
    Kris_2021 - Pierse motors Tipperary Town
    Tollot - Blackwater Motors -Cork
    CFC007-Frank Keane, Liffey Valley.
    Silent Running - Wexford Volkswagen
    ainsyjnr - Kilkenny.
    Donall.ID.3 - Pierse motors Tipperary Town
    Rx8 - Joe Duffy Volkswagen, Airside
    80sdiesel - Kilkenny
    Yabadabado-Moore's Athlone
    Akabusi - Bradys Arva, Co Cavan
    catharsis - Frank Keane Deansgrange
    Jordan191 -- Mullingar autos
    McHonda - Sheehy Motors, Naas
    liamog - Frank Keane Liffey Valley
    unkel - Frank Keane Liffey Valley
    Rusky rusky - blackwater motors, cork
    zoom cool - Frank Keane Liffey Valley
    Irishjg - Tom Murphy Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG - Donnelly VW Derry
    DrPhilG - Reid VW Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Arch_stanton - Frank Hogan Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭eagerv

eagerv - Tom Murphy Car sales Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

DriveSkill - Blackwater Motors Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Fitz2011

Fitz2011- Tom Murphy car sales Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Kris_2021 - Pierse motors Tipperary Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Mike9832 - Frank Hogan Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Tollot - Blackwater Motors -Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Anyone thinking of going over to the Frankfurt show in September? Last time I checked return flights only €50 for a day trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Silent Running - Wexford Volkswagen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

CFC007 wrote: »

Anyone thinking of going over to the Frankfurt show in September? Last time I checked return flights only €50 for a day trip.

Seriously thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

ainsyjnr - Kilkenny.

a trip in september may be an option, it would be good to see it before committing to the non refundable part of the order.

will there be any chance of a test drive? or is that the trade off with a good price high spec launch edition...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donall.ID.3

Donall.ID.3 - Pierse motors Tipperary Town

Flights booked going to Frankfurt Show September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭rx8

Rx8, Joe Duffy Volkswagen, Airside.

Thanks for getting this started. Could be interesting to see how dealers may differ going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

80sdiesel Liffey Valley

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yabadabado-Moore's Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    ainsyjnr - Kilkenny.

a trip in september may be an option, it would be good to see it before committing to the non refundable part of the order.

will there be any chance of a test drive? or is that the trade off with a good price high spec launch edition...

I think you get a trade off. Get the 1st edition and pay a "cheap" price for the same kit but you take the car.

Sorry done more reading, no test drives. If you want test drive wait till car is out

once you order with VW dealer then you take the car, you sign contract. Anytime up till then you can cancel and get 1k back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Akabusi - Bradys Arva, Co Cavan

What is impressive is the range of VW dealers signed up for electric cars. Not so long ago it was Liffey Valley and Blackwater Motors. No other dealer. Huge investment by VW Ireland and dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

catharsis - Frank Keane Deansgrange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What is impressive is the range of VW dealers signed up for electric cars. Not so long ago it was Liffey Valley and Blackwater Motors. No other dealer. Huge investment by VW Ireland and dealers

Hear, hear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Jordan191 -- Mullingar autos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So reserving now, do you get a choice or guarantee on anything, e.g. I'd like a ID.3 1st Max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭rx8

Booked flights for Monday 16th September, coming back early 17th. Under €50.
    15 minutes in a taxi to Arena. Will probably have 8 hours there to have a good look what's going on.
    Lots of pictures will be incoming anyway. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

rx8 wrote: »
    Booked flights for Monday 16th September, coming back early 17th. Under €50.
    15 minutes in a taxi to Arena. Will probably have 8 hours there to have a good look what's going on.
    Lots of pictures will be incoming anyway. Ÿ˜

How does that show work.Will everything be on display from day one (Sept 12) or would there be different release/display days ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    How does that show work.Will everything be on display from day one (Sept 12) or would there be different release/display days ?

Normally they have release days....but maybe VW will do one big release with the Golf and the ID.3....

Might be worth trying to check with paddy on here to see if he knows. Would be terrible to fly over and miss the VW launch.

Dempsey wrote: »
    So reserving now, do you get a choice or guarantee on anything, e.g. I'd like a ID.3 1st Max

Not sure what you mean? I should post that Ireland will only have one spec based on the Q&A on the website. UK going the same route. We don't know what will be included in that spec till September

The 1k you pay now is to get the option to buy the car. If in September you dont like the spec or price etc, you get the 1k back after 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

80sDiesel wrote: »
    80sdiesel Liffey Valley
    In my rush to book I choose Dublin. Can now edit my order. Please change to Kilkenny

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean? I should post that Ireland will only have one spec based on the Q&A on the website. UK going the same route. We don't know what will be included in that spec till September

The 1k you pay now is to get the option to buy the car. If in September you dont like the spec or price etc, you get the 1k back after 7 days

Cool, should of read the FAQ, distracted by the match :o

Dempsey - Pierse Motors Tipperary Town :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

liamog - Frank Keane Liffey Valley

Advertisement