Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sKeith wrote: »
    Have you any read on loughc yet?

From two posts? How could I possibly? Put a gun to my head and I'd say low flying wolf seeing as he's been on but not posted, but that's the thinnest thread to hang someone on.

I could go the other way and say you putting him on your list as a "shader" could look suspicious too. You trying to be a helpful wolf and doing a gentle distancing job between the two of you as if one flips evil the other should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

fixxxer wrote: »
    From two posts? How could I possibly? Put a gun to my head and I'd say low flying wolf seeing as he's been on but not posted, but that's the thinnest thread to hang someone on.

I could go the other way and say you putting him on your list as a "shader" could look suspicious too. You trying to be a helpful wolf and doing a gentle distancing job between the two of you as if one flips evil the other should be good.

>>but that's the thinnest thread to hang someone on.

very slight inkling of wolf equity

So, we're not miles apart with our reads, although flimsy as hell, they pretty much line up.

I have only just open up the next grade, leaning wolf.
    after that comes

strong wolf lean.

Almost guaranteed wolf.
    Lynch this ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pter wrote: »
    Thoughts on what? On everyone?

My thoughts are i think Dublinandy is a wolf being guided by wolf buddies. I think those off the cuff posts have been screened by his wolf buddies.

Other than that, I think the rest of team wolf consist of one loud wolf and one quiet wolf.

Loud wolves are most likely G&R, sKeith, Kolido or BH.

BH is one to watch as he is a smooth customer and will pitch in without actually ruffling any feathers. sK and Kolido is just based off both of them being fairly cock sure and calm about their own innocence re: wolfdom. G&R, you go on the list because you too are too smooth a customer for my liking, and you bear watching.

Quiet wolves could be Digi, Crosstown, Succubus or Clara. Maybe Lough too.

But yeah, those are the only hunches i have because work is mental, so i am going on gut reads rather than in depth post analysis, tbh.

This is an example of pocketing in the form of reverse negging. Oh look hes calling me out as a wolf while at the same time complimenting me. Its very blatant and I'd expect better from Petr TBH

Also I'm not sure how you can suspect Dandy and me, I've yet to be a wolf but I'm pretty certain whenever I am I will not be that aggressive in going after one of my own.

fixxxer wrote: »

Is it not odd that he has only two posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Green&Red wrote: »

yes it odd that the thread has been open since friday and only two posts but he is not alone. Hopefully people start getting involved soon:

sKeith 128
    Pter 47
    Green&Red 32
    Bounty Hunter 29
    Strawberry Milkshake 29
    Kolido 29
    Barney92 28
    quickbeam 25
    TheSkunk 21
    Dublinandy2 18
    fixxxer 18
    Ectoplasm 17
    kitten_k 14
    Triceratops Ballet 13
    Clarabel 12
    tusk 10
    Necro 9
    tritium 9
    Whiplashy 8
    duffman13 8
    sullivlo 4
    Succubus_ 2
    Loughc 2
    crosstownk 2
    Digital Solitude 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

come on low posting? we're a quarter of the way through day 1, if this was a normal speed game you're railroading someone for not having posted between like 10am and 1pm on day 1 (I'm sure someone will do the maths and correct me on that) but my point is it's early days. I'm not saying he's not at wolf, but I really dislike this low poster bs on day 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

10 posts after 5 days from me. That has to be some type of record :pac:

Necro wrote: »

and we're all thankful for it!!

Necro wrote: »

Given this is going to be a long game and you can't be killed off I am sure you will manage to increase that a good bit :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I guess we have to accept that we need to almost accept we will be wrong a few times at the start and even if we're not, that it would be pure luck.

We need to make some actions with more than just one or two. Take Green&Red as an example. He has stated he thinks it's me and if he is not a wolf, he's entitled to his own opinion but where he would be wrong eould be just to focus on me. Ok he thinks I'm a wolf and has voted as such so he should look forward and even if not be overt about it focusing on one or two more to try to tease details or tells out of them.
    We should all do that, note vote for me lol but once we have a target don't be blinkered and focus on just them. Once you're sure vote for them and look elsewhere.
    It'll take different amounts of time for us all but that's what we should do.

Like I voted for Green but my focus is on someone else now, seeing how they react to others and also me when i will interact with them.

• Advertisement

come on low posting? we're a quarter of the way through day 1, if this was a normal speed game you're railroading someone for not having posted between like 10am and 1pm on day 1 (I'm sure someone will do the maths and correct me on that) but my point is it's early days. I'm not saying he's not at wolf, but I really dislike this low poster bs on day 1

I never like the hit the low posters strategy - yes there could be a low lying wolf but if we just concentrate on that then it doesn't really give us much to work off as they are not posting. Plus they can't all be wolves!

However I do wish they would start to get a bit more involved, don't need to post loads but a little would help.

I guess we have to accept that we need to almost accept we will be wrong a few times at the start and even if we're not, that it would be pure luck.

We need to make some actions with more than just one or two. Take Green&Red as an example. He has stated he thinks it's me and if he is not a wolf, he's entitled to his own opinion but where he would be wrong eould be just to focus on me. Ok he thinks I'm a wolf and has voted as such so he should look forward and even if not be overt about it focusing on one or two more to try to tease details or tells out of them.
    We should all do that, note vote for me lol but once we have a target don't be blinkered and focus on just them. Once you're sure vote for them and look elsewhere.
    It'll take different amounts of time for us all but that's what we should do.

Like I voted for Green but my focus is on someone else now, seeing how they react to others and also me when i will interact with them.

I agree 100% hence why I gave reads on others. I’m not married to voting for you, I’m open to you changing my mind or someone else coming to the fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Interesting to watch the interaction between Dublin Andy and green&red. The spat between Pter and skeith early on had a village on village vibe, with Pter feeing maybe more village. This one feels different. Wolf on one of the two is my guess, green&red probably my pick of the two. Going to review posts by the two to try and nail down why it feels that way

I agree 100% hence why I gave reads on others. I’m not married to voting for you, I’m open to you changing my mind or someone else coming to the fore.

Interesting overlap on my post. Peace may be breaking out

Fair enough

So, off a selection of green&reds post highlights I get this as an iso..
    I would like to start a bandwagon, DublinAndy has my vote

One and only post is wolfie

All aboard

Yeah, not great this but in itself it’s not the worst. I’d hoped we’d either get a solid development of the suspicion or an admission that it’s just gut for the moment. We sort of evolve from here to a bit neither of these however
    Things are great, off to Ballinrobe races this evening

As Ecto says it’s very hard this early
    Dandy didn’t really respond to my calling his first out.

Out of the rest

SKeith - I reckon good, based on posting style - although that might fall under meta gaming? It’s not really a term I understand

Petr- raises my suspicion by voting Dandy, knowing I’d already said I was voting for him and was looking to start a bandwagon, I’ll have to check back when I’m on the PC to see if that was as completely out of the blue as it seemed

Strawbs - drew my attention with that if I’m not around comment. I’m worried I’ve a blind spot with Strawbs as she comes across as someone sound so I wouldn’t like her to be a wolf

LoughC - conspicuous by his absence, he’s a Mod right? Radio silence

So there you have it. There’s lots of people who haven’t really interacted much, I’d like the wolves to munch those people

Bit nothing about this post. Noteworthy that he clears skeith and puts light shade on Pter
    Also, this is not wolf behaviour, a wolf IMO is much more likely to jump on a bandwagon than start it. It would be a lot easier to hold fire, see which way the wind is blowing and then go with that

Or do as you have done, start a bandwagon while claiming not to have started it

This I don’t like. It’s optionality central- “a wolf would never do A, bit if you’re a wolf you’d do A”
    If you are lycnhed and turn out to be NRV it won't automatically mean I'm a wolf, its not a binary thing. I can accuse you, turn out to be wrong and still be a villager

This post is actually horrible. It’s basically preemptive plausible deniability. Really hate this post
    @SKeith would you like to reassess your run down of the players from yesterday?

@Petr & Fixxer I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts also?
    This is an example of pocketing in the form of reverse negging. Oh look hes calling me out as a wolf while at the same time complimenting me. Its very blatant and I'd expect better from Petr TBH

Also I'm not sure how you can suspect Dandy and me, I've yet to be a wolf but I'm pretty certain whenever I am I will not be that aggressive in going after one of my own.

This is quite informative. It’s defensive but shows a mindset that gets the game better than they’re letting on. Unusual to dismiss a wolf/ wolf pair like this since it does very little to clear the individual.

It’s a little strange also, given its defensive on a read they’d actually asked a player to make. I don’t know what to make of that aspect.

Trit, I’ll give a full response later, could be tomorrow morning, I’m off to the races.

But briefly I like your post, looking back at my posts you’ll see I’ve tried to analyse what people have been saying or call them out on certain things (like Petr) and this is what ur doing to me. I’ve nothing to hide, I’m doing my best to work for the village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Looking at Lady Skunks posts, she claims to be a noob, fair enough but she is throwing shade from pretty much her first post

First on SKeith

Then drags me into it

It seems to me that shes unsure of the mechanics of the game but is someone prompting her in the background to throw suspicion around?

I didn't drag you into anything, you can see in that quote that I brought your name up to poke holes in what I thought SK was using as proof he is lock clear.

leaning wolf

TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

I don't even know how to respond to this seriously. Why would I not be troubled by your lock clear claim? I can claim lock clear right now but it doesn't mean I am to anybody but myself which I have said to you before. Just because you say something doesn't make it true and me questioning that doesn't make me a wolf.
    You're really clinging onto the shade thing for dear life aren't you? See below:
    That’s exactly what they were, thoughts. Which I stated in my second post. I don’t know 100% if you’re a wolf so why would I come out and say it. At this stage there’s nothing concrete to go on, you’re basically saying I can’t have suspicions.

I laid out what came to mind, you responded saying you’re lock clear and I responded by saying why I don’t think that clears you. Also mentioned the reason you’re lock clear and you didn’t respond to that. Much like how you didn’t respond to Bounty outright asking you.

You yourself are picking apart others posts without calling them a wolf outright too so why should it be any different for me?

Clearly I do misunderstand the difference, to me the whole point of the game is to read what people are saying, say what you're thinking and bounce off each other to figure out who a wolf is. When there's literally nothing concrete to work off but we have suspicions of people, why is it so wrong to say them? If that's so wrong and you're such an experienced player then the above post was the perfect example to explain the difference to me but you didn't, you didn't even respond to my post and instead you keep bringing it up time and time again and using it against me now.

Your defense of theSkunk is noted.

Did you also note my earlier defense of him SK? First post to Andy I said I was glad he was back with the story telling. This is the reason people are thinking he's a wolf and I don't agree with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

kitten_k wrote: »
    I agree with strawberry - with nothing else to go on in this game voting patterns are going to be key to helping solve the mystery.

if someone posts a name and then changes it before lynch (which is still over 24 hours away!) they just need to be able to defend that change.

I suggest we do FFAs. There are no roles / actions / etc to work off so at least if people do FFAs we will have more to work off later when players flip no matter what way they go.

say im casting shade if you wish as I understand we don't have much to go on atm but it might at least stoke a reaction from some. Going to try to do one now and probably throw up a few reads too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Green&Red wrote:

Lol classic. Attack the person who accused you of being too smooth. And also the above would stop anyone from saying anything about G&R. Say something positive. Pocketing. Say something negative. Pocketing.

We all know wolves can bus each other. You will also know I'm giving groupings of suspects as that's all I have now. No definitive leads, just gut calls.

You definitely warrant attention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Guys, I’ve had the mother of all crap days. So, just checking in to say hi. I’ve caught up, but I’ll be honest, I’ve zero input to add as my head just isn’t in it. It will likely be closer to this time tomorrow before I can contribute in any way. Keep up the good work everyone.

This is after taking far too long to pull together but anyway..
    I like your suspicions. So, if you get to flip duffman and he turns out to be wolf, then I should be next on the chopping block.. Amirite?
    But you are overlooking my lock clear status, that means that in every circumstance I'm a v.
    So Pter me is a ?\v. Duffman me is a ?\v. Skunk me is a ?\v.

That's what lock clear villager means.
    Its an easy concept, so I guess you'll grasp it eventually.

Claiming lock clear with no proof and getting a little dig in there to make it look like I didn't understand what it meant. I did, I just wasn't buying what you were selling.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

Is the whole point of being a wolf not to make yourself look like a villager? That’s a good way to go about it should the opportunity arise

I asked about your lock clear claim here, in your response below you didn't even acknowledge it and started talking about shading. Then you told Bounty Hunter nobody asked you about it?
    Stop shading, its not village like come out and just say what you are thinking.
    I have said what I’m thinking, plain as day in my previous two posts. What part of that don’t you understand?
    But you made no Accusations. You split your thoughts into two paragraphs and didn't link them.

I'd prefer if someone was calling me a wolf to call me a wolf, not throw smear and shade and being non committal

Next few are between you and Bounty Hunter.
    Nobody asked me how I was lock clear, I asked you and now you are avoiding having to answer. I know how I was lock cleared and will answer after you answer how you were 100% cleared.
    Why bury your question in a post about the premier league. At the mention of premier league my eyes glazed over. I thanked the post cause you answered my ignorance but because it was premier league, I had no desire to enlighten myself further.
    Why put a question to you, in a post directly answering a question from you and directly under a post of yours I quoted within it... cos it seemed like a place where it would get read and responded to (Guess not).

Again, Bounty straight up asked you and you evaded the question by using the premier league as an excuse and then you didn't respond to his last post.

Sounds like you seem to think you have some valid points to make about me ignoring thing, but have chosen to not produce them and ask me why i ignore this or that or whatever you are talking about and decided to go the shade route instead.

Why don't you quote the things that I have supossedly ignored and ask me what my opinions are about the question or actions or whatever it is that you haven't missed that you think i am choosing to ignore.

You got your wish there, I'm quoting you now with multiple questions you've ignored.
    Maybe its this. Why would I explain to the wolves how I am lock clear if they missed it.

I'll present that evidence before a potential mislynch on me and be satisfied that the wolves were not clever enough to pick up on it and munch me which will narrow my window for the 3 wolves significantly.
    It'd be great if thats the case, but the chances of randng 3 wolves from the group and the wolves not spotting it is quite low. So, you'll have to wait until Wednesday for that reveal.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place though? Simple explanation but you totally over complicated it and made people suspicious of you.
    That’s exactly it and you ignored Bounty Hunter asking you about it too. You were being very evasive and just stating you were lock clear. You could have just given that explanation in the first place. I don’t see how claiming your lock clear and have evidence but keeping it close to your chest will help against the wolves? Surely the fact you’re claiming your lock clear and have evidence would make you a target already.

And the reason I didn’t ask you why you ignored things was because you didn’t respond to my last post to you and it wasn’t worth getting into an argument over. So yes I threw major shade with the wink face on purpose because you seem to love using the word so much.

You previously said to me about not acting like a villager but what angle are you playing here? I can’t see how your constant bickering with people is in the best interest of the village? You’re not weeding out potential wolves, you’re just putting doubts in people’s heads as to whose team you’re playing for.

Again you didn't respond to my post and are now leaning wolf towards me? I asked you what your play as a villager was and no response. I can't see how you are helping the village. You're only choosing to respond to the posts you want to. You're holding onto your lock clear status and nobody else can make sense of it either. How are you helping the village in any meaningful way when you're just antagonising people when they say something you don't like?

#FFA 1

1.Green&Red
    2. Strawberry
    3.Duffman

Green & Red - Wanting to start a bandwagon and in doing so casting shade on anyone who would think alike as bandwagoning before later being open to moving off DubAndy

Strawberry - Claimed max 100 posts per cyce would be difficult but has only just about hit 30 so far. reacted more than most to Whiplash death but then immediately voted Kitten without much of an explanation. Not pushed on FFAs apparently and then went to do homework on our departed Whiplash and return but didn't mention whiplash again after that,

Duffman - That 3rd one is not super strong but I easily imagine one of the wolves staying very quiet given it's only officially day 1 and they have company to hide in from the lower posters, maybe LoughC, Duffman or someone similar and its hard to justify one in a group

few other notworthy people are:

Dublin Andy - Potentially on a team with G&D based on the above but looking at Andy in isolation his posts sometimes seem a bit prepared. Had an early excuse for missing Day 0 too and wolves often feel the need to excuse their absence more. If anyone was going to push a low lying wolf out of my top 3 atm it'd probably be him

sKeith - Not a fan of the whole Lock Clear thing but don't think a wolf would be playing like sK is atm and drawing such attention. That said posting so much more often than others while not imo really directing the village could be in terms of misdirection / distraction but no for me

Trit - Could mostly be gut that has me suspecting Trit a little, a few wishy washy posts stating that interactions could indicate someone is a wolf or not a wolf etc

Triceratops - no read at all, not a fan of using the term fluff but feel TB and her shower renovation has done enough without adding a whole lot to kinda skirt by and this has my gut worrying a bit

The rest I don't have much of a lean on Pter for example I was a little suspicious but his reads aren't too far off my own and that would make me not focus too much on him yet

Will probably put a placeholder in for 1 or 2 above soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

This is after taking far too long to pull together but anyway..

Claiming lock clear with no proof and getting a little dig in there to make it look like I didn't understand what it meant. I did, I just wasn't buying what you were selling.

I asked about your lock clear claim here, in your response below you didn't even acknowledge it and started talking about shading. Then you told Bounty Hunter nobody asked you about it?

Next few are between you and Bounty Hunter.

Again, Bounty straight up asked you and you evaded the question by using the premier league as an excuse and then you didn't respond to his last post.

You got your wish there, I'm quoting you now with multiple questions you've ignored.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place though? Simple explanation but you totally over complicated it and made people suspicious of you.

Again you didn't respond to my post and are now leaning wolf towards me? I asked you what your play as a villager was and no response. I can't see how you are helping the village. You're only choosing to respond to the posts you want to. You're holding onto your lock clear status and nobody else can make sense of it either. How are you helping the village in any meaningful way when you're just antagonising people when they say something you don't like?

It would be helpful if you could make bold these questions that I have continued to ignore. That's a big wall and I thought I had answered the correct post and question when you replied back with "Exactly".

It is not my intention to make you hostile. Can you explain a bit more about these feelings of hostility that you are feeling towards me, if it is towards me?.

My FFA:

G&R - seemed to focus on me immediately and wouldn’t let go for no other reason than I didn’t conform.

Pter - likes to point, sit back and then watch. Not a fan of his style.

Bounty Hunter - I didn’t have a third but he seems to be the one that no one is questioning and I believe everyone should be questioned somewhat until the game progresses more.

If I had to pick 3 safe people it would be SKeith, Skunk and Milkshake

Triceratops - no read at all, not a fan of using the term fluff but feel TB and her shower renovation has done enough without adding a whole lot to kinda skirt by and this has my gut worrying a bit

Feck off, it was the weekend, I said in the sign up sheet I wouldn't be around until Tuesday cos today is when the game starts. I wasn't going to come on and sh1t post for the heck of it when I was actually busy all weekend and had nothing to say!

It would be helpful if you could make bold these questions that I have continued to ignore. That's a big wall and I thought I had answered the correct post and question when you replied back with "Exactly".

It is not my intention to make you hostile. Can you explain a bit more about these feelings of hostility that you are feeling towards me, if it is towards me?.

You were the one who said if I’m accusing you of anything to provide quotes so I did. I shouldn’t have to highlight anything, I wrote underneath the posts so it’s clear to read. The full posts are relevant to what I am saying. You can’t have it both ways SK. Do you want me to throw shade or do you want me to provide proof to back up what I’m saying?

You answered the next day after I threw literal shade at you for not answering questions. Not when I or Bounty asked.

Funny but I’m sure you’re smart enough to know there’s more than one meaning to the word.

If I had to pick 3 safe people it would be SKeith, Skunk and Milkshake

Is there any reason not to do this as well as an FFA?

I like the idea of us giving as much info as we can that can be looked at in a different light later so may do the same myself.

Andy with regards me on your FFA would nobody questioning me not be a reason for you to question me yourself if you disliked it / aything I have posted? don't see that as a reason to have me in your FFA but then of course I wouldn't cos I'm talking about myself there.

An FFA vote on someone when your only reason is nobody is suggesting he's dodgy just seems like throwing a little shade for no reason.

• Advertisement

Feck off, it was the weekend, I said in the sign up sheet I wouldn't be around until Tuesday cos today is when the game starts. I wasn't going to come on and sh1t post for the heck of it when I was actually busy all weekend and had nothing to say!

FFAs can ruffle feathers but you seem a little extra defensive for a tiny mention were you were not one of the 3 in the FFA and I said I had no read at all on you.

Advertisement