Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I already said i believe pter to be ok so I'll have to vite for the only other person I think could be a wolf and simply because they're acting like a wolf and that is green and red. By acting like a wolf I mean picking on someone from the start, me, and trying to grt a bandwagon going. I obviously know I'm a naturally hairless beast, not a shaved wolf so green and red gets my vote.

I would however also be suspicious of people humpng on my post and copying me without a valid reason, they could be a wolf and g&r innocent. So basically vote for him if you thought he was anyway but not just because I am.

Also, this is not wolf behaviour, a wolf IMO is much more likely to jump on a bandwagon than start it. It would be a lot easier to hold fire, see which way the wind is blowing and then go with that

Or do as you have done, start a bandwagon while claiming not to have started it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Barney92 wrote: »
    Fair point about the questioning things. Questioning is a good trait for the most part. If you're an inquisitive villager then good, if you're a wolf trying to sow confusion then not so good.

However, I'll be quite blunt if someone states that I didn't say something when I actually did, and then another person joins in with them.

All's fair in Love and Werewolves lol.

This is my first game, so I'm still trying to figure out what type of villager I am. Mostly, at the moment, I'm trying to stay on top of the thread so I don't have to read 25 pages again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Green&Red wrote: »
    Well I explained my logic for voting for you, was very upfront about it. I also explained that my reason behind posting it early was to get a bandwagon and try and learn from it
    In fact I'd say I've been very transparent and obvious in my villageness. I've given my reads and my reasons for them.

You on the other hand have given two sets of prose and followed that up with a vote for me and some faux concern about others voting for me just because you are

No concern at all, I want the gaze to be firmly on you if I get killed. If i do my posts, all of them, will be read and they've all be pointed toeards you so hopefully that will happen.

No concern at all, I want the gaze to be firmly on you if I get killed. If i do my posts, all of them, will be read and they've all be pointed toeards you so hopefully that will happen.

If you are lycnhed and turn out to be NRV it won't automatically mean I'm a wolf, its not a binary thing. I can accuse you, turn out to be wrong and still be a villager

If i don't get kiled I will reassess, see who stands out, may well be you then I'll be pushing for you harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tusk wrote: »

This is my first game, so I'm still trying to figure out what type of villager I am. Mostly, at the moment, I'm trying to stay on top of the thread so I don't have to read 25 pages again.

None of us have roles so no one has to be careful what they say in case a wolf decides to munch. Have fun, say whats on your mind. :)

If you are lycnhed and turn out to be NRV it won't automatically mean I'm a wolf, its not a binary thing. I can accuse you, turn out to be wrong and still be a villager

I know, but small acorns. Just because I get killed doesn't mean you're innocent and just made a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

You're not doing bad, you have a village lean from me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I will be going down the straight forward route tomorrow with voting. No role hunting by the wolves here so less likely they will shade others. I'd be looking at those who have not thrown accusations around thus far.

I need to look back but I dont have time now.

@SKeith would you like to reassess your run down of the players from yesterday?

@Petr & Fixxer I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts also?

• Advertisement

Not finished, but here's where i am atm.

My current list, top is clear bottom is dodgy, just graded, not sorted within grades yet.

Lock clear villager

sKeith - Lock CLEAR

leaning village

tusk - I can see where his sKeith / skunk and kolido wolf leans are coming from. He's also villa leaning my villa lean. You earned a villa lean from me.
    quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean
    Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village aligned power roles.
    tritium - nice acknowledgment of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.
    Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.
    Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here.

nullish

Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry
    Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa.
    Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.
    fixxxer - having troubleing giffing.
    Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for explanations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villlagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.

Null
    Succubus_ - picked up on pter & sKeith back and forth. picked up on kolido birthday, but not when. thats a very low thread awareness. still null.
    Clarabel
    Crosstownk - almost as null as above 3.
    Digital Solitude - almost as null as above 3.

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader
    Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    Ectoplasm - has a long list that SM is top of , but when asked can't produce any list.

leaning wolf

TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Kolido wrote: »
    I will be going down the straight forward route tomorrow with voting. No role hunting by the wolves here so less likely they will shade others. I'd be looking at those who have not thrown accusations around thus far.

I need to look back but I dont have time now.

Or I might be lazy and turn Keithy's note upside down and work of that, cheers pal.

sKeith wrote: »
    Not finished, but here's where i am atm.

My current list, top is clear bottom is dodgy, just graded, not sorted within grades yet.

Lock clear villager

sKeith - Lock CLEAR

leaning village

tusk - I can see where his sKeith / skunk and kolido wolf leans are coming from. He's also villa leaning my villa lean. You earned a villa lean from me.
    quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean
    Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village aligned power roles.
    tritium - nice acknowledgment of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.
    Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.
    Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here.

nullish

Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry
    Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs, one's a dead villa.
    Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.
    fixxxer - having troubleing giffing.
    Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for explanations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villlagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.

Null
    Succubus_ - picked up on pter & sKeith back and forth. picked up on kolido birthday, but not when. thats a very low thread awareness. still null.
    Clarabel
    Crosstownk - almost as null as above 3.
    Digital Solitude - almost as null as above 3.

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader
    Loughc - shader
    kitten_k - very defensive, skims thread.
    Ectoplasm - has a long list that SM is top of , but when asked can't produce any list.

leaning wolf

TheSkunk - Liked there OP more than most, sk v duffman. troubled re my lock clear. provides excuses for absence that nobody cares about. Still, wants to know why lock clear. seems to misunderstand shade vs picking apart peoples posts. Yeah, making a new grade for this one. leaning wolf.

The Dead

Whiplashy (Villa) - jokes that kolido is a wolf.

I think theskunk is fine and to be fsir, not all wolves are furry, look at green and red!

Happy Birthday Kolido.

1509632088_happy-birthday-balloons.gif

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well this actually doesn't surprise me since you think I am a wolf every game :P

This is true :D I gotta be right sometime, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is true :D I gotta be right sometime, right?

I'm sure you will be some day but today is not the day.

Happy birthday Kolido - doing anything nice for it?

kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm sure you will be some day but today is not the day.

Happy birthday Kolido - doing anything nice for it?

But I have to add - your first post today was 38 minutes after the munch and also after I had placed a vote on you. I believe you were watching at munch time but chose to stay schtum.

It was actually because I logged on at 10.20 after a meeting and caught up to make sure I was still alive before I posted anything.

I think theskunk is fine and to be fsir, not all wolves are furry, look at green and red!

Your defense of theSkunk is noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thoughts on what? On everyone?

My thoughts are i think Dublinandy is a wolf being guided by wolf buddies. I think those off the cuff posts have been screened by his wolf buddies.

Other than that, I think the rest of team wolf consist of one loud wolf and one quiet wolf.

Loud wolves are most likely G&R, sKeith, Kolido or BH.

BH is one to watch as he is a smooth customer and will pitch in without actually ruffling any feathers. sK and Kolido is just based off both of them being fairly cock sure and calm about their own innocence re: wolfdom. G&R, you go on the list because you too are too smooth a customer for my liking, and you bear watching.

Quiet wolves could be Digi, Crosstown, Succubus or Clara. Maybe Lough too.

But yeah, those are the only hunches i have because work is mental, so i am going on gut reads rather than in depth post analysis, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Your defense of theSkunk is noted.

It's not really the first time either.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    Will we get much information from the munch tomorrow? Can someone confirm do the wolves always have a BR so they’d know who each other are? I’d imagine they’ll go for someone who hasn’t posted or who hasn’t said much if they themselves have been posting so as to not draw attention to posts they’ve made to the person munched.

With that in mind I think it would be good tonight for those people to speak now or forever hold your peace.
    tritium wrote: »
    I look at this and I think this is an odd post...

... just a touch of “I’m a newbie”...

...just a pinch of “I don’t know how these usually work”....

....then straight in with a remainder of a post that says the exact opposite

Very strange....
    I disagree, easy to not be sure on a new game type. Could easily be assumed what was being asked, newbie or otherwise.

Barney92 wrote: »
    It's not really the first time either.

My thoughts exactly...

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Whippy was an unlikely choice. In work on phone which I hate for doing read backs but I'll be doing them later.

I hate this stage where any of my suspicions are based on the flimsiest of reasons. Not sure which is worse, this stage where I know I know nothing or assuming I do and digging a tunnel against an unsuspecting villager.

Strawbs, I'm curious about your proposed approach. On the one hand rattling cages is good. On the other, putting all that info out there may let a clever wolf steer things or stand back and let the village take each other out. As Im suspicious of everyone right now, your proposal has you top of my (long) list as helpful wolf.

Why is choosing to munch a NRV a strange choice? There are no roles.

I see nothing wrong in firing up who I voted for and remember, I did say it gives them ample opportunity to change my mind in this long game. If a bandwagon forms on who I’ve chosen, great! If they get voted off and are an NRV, I along with any others who voted for them should be looked at closely. By closely I don’t just mean the final vote but by how we got to that stage.

Also, it could be very telling if later in the game a wolf is lynched who did have a vote on them on an early lynch cycle. Who swayed the votes off them then? 3 wolfs is a very small number in a game with 20 villagers. They can’t afford to lose a teammate.

I agree with strawberry - with nothing else to go on in this game voting patterns are going to be key to helping solve the mystery.

if someone posts a name and then changes it before lynch (which is still over 24 hours away!) they just need to be able to defend that change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I mean that's not actually what I said, I was commenting on the fact that I with the posting limit that I can't just fire of totally random posts as I'm used to doing, that's what the conversation was that the time with QB and Strawbs having posted about the posting limit previously, but sure just infer your own meaning without context.
    oops I better watch what I say!! When I've been a wolf in the past, I've certainly been a better wolf than that keithy!

Also what's with everyones boner for posting over the bank holiday weekend, supposed to be a soft opening. We're only on game day 1 so far and everyone is already griping about people being too quiet!! Y'all are crazay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What exactly are you basing the LoughC/Shader lean on, sKeith? He's only posted twice, once to comment on my gif fail and another saying Dandys post was odd.

Sorry to butt in, but can someone explain pocketed and shader?

fixxxer wrote: »
    What exactly are you basing the LoughC/Shader lean on, sKeith? He's only posted twice, once to comment on my gif fail and another saying Dandys post was odd.

Have you any read on loughc yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

pocketing is when another player plays super nice to you so you'll think of them positively. They can bank on your vote then ie you're in their pocket. Most likely a wolfie move

Shade, is throwing shade, which etymolologically comes from the gay /drag community it means casting aspersions!

• Advertisement

Pocketing refers to when a wolf-aligned player buddies up to a villa-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the wolf-aligned player favorably. Usually the wolf-aligned player will defend the villa player in order to "pocket" them.

Shading: The technique of making somebody look guilty or scummy.

Advertisement