Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

As there are no village powers do we think that means the wolves have no additional powers and therefore lynch and munch are the only actions in this game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

kitten_k wrote: »
    As there are no village powers do we think that means the wolves have no additional powers and therefore lynch and munch are the only actions in this game?

How come you are not bothered to read the thread?

mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves)

Quickbeam then commented and added more info about game type.

I've quoted same post a few times. #184

I have the read the thread, didn't pick that up. Excuse me for asking a question!

You just seem to want to have a go at everything this game!

I have the read the thread, didn't pick that up. Excuse me for asking a question!

You just seem to want to have a go at everything this game!

Don't turn this around.

You missed stuff that has been said on thread a few times, not me.

I answered the question you asked, but rightly pointed out that it has been answered already.

You have a go at me for that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tusk wrote: »
    I'm only here in the thread at the moment :eek: Though my initial thoughts to this point are as follows.

SK is so defensive that it's almost as if he's playing like a villager who wants to trick people into thinking he's a wolf... I'm not experienced so I don't know if this is a thing, but my gut tells me something weird is afoot.

Skunk seems to be in a similar boat to me, but again gut is pointing me down the wolf direction.

I also feel a bit weary of Kolido, though why that is I'm not sure.

I won't post any more thoughts until I'm fully up to date on the thread.

Have just caught up, and my thoughts on the above haven't changed with all the extra info.

I did notice that tritium in post 372 had the exact same reaction as me to post 369 from the Skunk. Which subsequently, whiplashy agreed with. Making me feel like he/she is a legit villager, and further pointing me towards Skunk as a Wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Currently dying a slow a painful death in the doctors office.
    I disagree, easy to not be sure on a new game type. Could easily be assumed what was being asked, newbie or otherwise.

Just in regard to the link being made between me and Andy, this is his second game too so I’m assuming he understood where I was coming from when asking questions.

I don’t believe he is a wolf either just based off his strange posting style, he’s just really getting into the game. I like the stories.

When I get home I’ll grab the laptop and go over everything, gather my thoughts and share them with the group.

sKeith wrote: »
    Don't turn this around.

You missed stuff that has been said on thread a few times, not me.

I answered the question you asked, but rightly pointed out that it has been answered already.

You have a go at me for that. :confused:

And you have never missed anything in a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Have just caught up, and my thoughts on the above haven't changed with all the extra info.

I did notice that tritium in post 372 had the exact same reaction as me to post 369 from the Skunk. Which subsequently, whiplashy agreed with. Making me feel like he/she is a legit villager, and further pointing me towards Skunk as a Wolf.

Interesting. I agreed their take on my questions was fair but gave a valid reason for it and no more was said about it. I’m sure if Whip didn’t believe what I said, she would have followed up on it before the munch.

And you have never missed anything in a game?

I try to read everything people write, I don't skip chucks of the thread because I am looking to solve the game.
    Wolves already know everything already and don't need to read the thread in as much detail.

Yes, lazy villagers can also display this trait, so I have to try to distinguish between lazy villager and wolf. That's the reason I ask questions. You continually reversing the conversation back at me, even though I done nothing wrong is not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at Lady Skunks posts, she claims to be a noob, fair enough but she is throwing shade from pretty much her first post

First on SKeith
    TheSkunk wrote: »

Skeith I don’t know if it’s your normal posting style but something about your posts is fishy to me. There’s 17 NRVs and nobody else is really falling over themselves claiming how good and clear they are. It’s repeated in one way or another over and over again, then saying nobody will ever doubt you again if you’re lynched and flip good. Feels like a way to make people doubt their suspicions.

Then drags me into it
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

It seems to me that shes unsure of the mechanics of the game but is someone prompting her in the background to throw suspicion around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ok, caught up as far as I can tell.

sKieth and Petr fighting is not unexpected. sKieth being alive after first munch is though. Why munch a relatively new player over the one who is clearly the most chatty and rattling the most cages. That said, sKieth reminds me of Bertie Ahern in that you ask a question and so many words come back you end up not sure what your question was in the first place. So maybe it's nothing, but I'm watching.

Now, on Whiplashys munch.

That little interaction between Whippy and Trit over Skunkys post was interesting. Both agreeing that skunky was posting oddly and then Whippy gets murderised. Makes me suspicious of Trit more than Skunky.

Odd that Barney92 didn't mention it in his big round up of Whippys posts/

so:

Voting either Trit or Barney91 with a possible portion of sKieth to follow.

fixxxer wrote: »

That little interaction between Whippy and Trit over Skunkys post was interesting. Both agreeing that skunky was posting oddly and then Whippy gets murderised. Makes me suspicious of Trit more than Skunky.

Can you explain your thoughts as to why?

Very good point, I forgot to review his post after I copped the agreement.

Assume Trit is a wolf. Trit posts gentle shade on someone, another poster takes it up, who ends up dead. Looks bad on the poster who had two people poking at them that one of their accusers is dead. Wolves like misdirection.

Green&Red, you seem very relaxed this game. How's things?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

fixxxer wrote:
    Assume Trit is a wolf. Trit posts gentle shade on someone, another poster takes it up, who ends up dead. Looks bad on the poster who had two people poking at them that one of their accusers is dead. Wolves like misdirection.

The irony of this post if you turn out to be a wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Whippy was an unlikely choice. In work on phone which I hate for doing read backs but I'll be doing them later.

I hate this stage where any of my suspicions are based on the flimsiest of reasons. Not sure which is worse, this stage where I know I know nothing or assuming I do and digging a tunnel against an unsuspecting villager.

Strawbs, I'm curious about your proposed approach. On the one hand rattling cages is good. On the other, putting all that info out there may let a clever wolf steer things or stand back and let the village take each other out. As Im suspicious of everyone right now, your proposal has you top of my (long) list as helpful wolf.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Whippy was an unlikely choice. In work on phone which I hate for doing read backs but I'll be doing them later.

I hate this stage where any of my suspicions are based on the flimsiest of reasons. Not sure which is worse, this stage where I know I know nothing or assuming I do and digging a tunnel against an unsuspecting villager.

Strawbs, I'm curious about your proposed approach. On the one hand rattling cages is good. On the other, putting all that info out there may let a clever wolf steer things or stand back and let the village take each other out. As Im suspicious of everyone right now, your proposal has you top of my (long) list as helpful wolf.

Please share your list.

Green&Red, you seem very relaxed this game. How's things?

Things are great, off to Ballinrobe races this evening

As Ecto says it’s very hard this early
    Dandy didn’t really respond to my calling his first out.

Out of the rest

SKeith - I reckon good, based on posting style - although that might fall under meta gaming? It’s not really a term I understand

Petr- raises my suspicion by voting Dandy, knowing I’d already said I was voting for him and was looking to start a bandwagon, I’ll have to check back when I’m on the PC to see if that was as completely out of the blue as it seemed

Strawbs - drew my attention with that if I’m not around comment. I’m worried I’ve a blind spot with Strawbs as she comes across as someone sound so I wouldn’t like her to be a wolf

LoughC - conspicuous by his absence, he’s a Mod right? Radio silence

So there you have it. There’s lots of people who haven’t really interacted much, I’d like the wolves to munch those people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

sKeith wrote: »
    Please share your list.

I will when I'm home and have a look at my notes. Round 6.30ish. At the moment it's half the village and I want to narrow it down a bit. Be back at work in 5 and will at best be able to keep an eye on thread.

I guess this makes sense, outside of my own perception, which was already weary of skunk for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

so:

Voting either Trit or Barney91 with a possible portion of sKieth to follow.

What didn't I mention? I said that whiplash joined in with trit. Are you saying that I didn't mention trit potentially being suspicious because of his original questioning? Just want to know what I've supposedly left out here.

I also didn't say that I thought skunk was a wolf. I'm not sure either way, but if they are revealed to be one later on it might make sense to then look at dublinandy.

Barney92 wrote: »
    What didn't I mention? I said that whiplash joined in with trit. Are you saying that I didn't mention trit potentially being suspicious because of his original questioning? Just want to know what I've supposedly left out here.

My apologies, again I didn't actually go back and re-read your collection. Just did there and like you say, it's mentioned as much as it needed to be. (for me anyway)

Curious about who the wolf characters will turn out to be. Lector I assume, and Buffalo Bill. Anyone want to admit be being Miggs the jizz flinger? :pac:

Ah I see you mentioned the exchange but didn't quote it, fair enough.

Ah I see you mentioned the exchange but didn't quote it, fair enough.

Bizarre that you'd question me not bringing it up though. The whole thing was just her posts and a bit of commentary from me around interactions. There's not much of my own text in there fixxxer and tusk.

Bizarre that you'd question me not bringing it up though. The whole thing was just her posts and a bit of commentary from me around interactions. There's not much of my own text in there fixxxer and tusk.

In fairness, I jumped the gun, having not actually re-read. But I'd rather question and be proven wrong than not question and miss the potential clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I already said i believe pter to be ok so I'll have to vite for the only other person I think could be a wolf and simply because they're acting like a wolf and that is green and red. By acting like a wolf I mean picking on someone from the start, me, and trying to grt a bandwagon going. I obviously know I'm a naturally hairless beast, not a shaved wolf so green and red gets my vote.

I would however also be suspicious of people humpng on my post and copying me without a valid reason, they could be a wolf and g&r innocent. So basically vote for him if you thought he was anyway but not just because I am.

In fairness, I jumped the gun, having not actually re-read. But I'd rather question and be proven wrong than not question and miss the potential clue.

Fair point about the questioning things. Questioning is a good trait for the most part. If you're an inquisitive villager then good, if you're a wolf trying to sow confusion then not so good.

However, I'll be quite blunt if someone states that I didn't say something when I actually did, and then another person joins in with them.

• Advertisement

I already said i believe pter to be ok so I'll have to vite for the only other person I think could be a wolf and simply because they're acting like a wolf and that is green and red. By acting like a wolf I mean picking on someone from the start, me, and trying to grt a bandwagon going. I obviously know I'm a naturally hairless beast, not a shaved wolf so green and red gets my vote.

I would however also be suspicious of people humpng on my post and copying me without a valid reason, they could be a wolf and g&r innocent. So basically vote for him if you thought he was anyway but not just because I am.

Well I explained my logic for voting for you, was very upfront about it. I also explained that my reason behind posting it early was to get a bandwagon and try and learn from it
    In fact I'd say I've been very transparent and obvious in my villageness. I've given my reads and my reasons for them.

You on the other hand have given two sets of prose and followed that up with a vote for me and some faux concern about others voting for me just because you are

Advertisement