Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sullivlo wrote: »
    Mod Announcement

Hello.

As an oversight on our part, we never mentioned no meta gaming. Whilst we can’t enforce it, we do frown upon it.

And for the love of god, stop quoting posts from other games. They’re not relevant here.

Can you explain how they are not relevant.

Duffman show a method of wolfhunting that i doubted.
    He explained and even provided evidence that his method worked in practice.
    Had he not provided this evidence I would probably be wolf reading him for doing so, now i will not wolf read him for following up on his leads.

A good FBI rookie will use all the evidence available to catch these canibilistic monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sKeith wrote: »

Had he not provided this evidence I would probably be wolf reading him for doing so, now i will not wolf read him for following up on his leads.

A good FBI rookie will use all the evidence available to catch these canibilistic monsters.

If we are going to be quoating old games its going to be pointless playing non anon games here anymore.

Also not very welcoming for newbies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod:

Other games are not relevant as we do not live in those environs now. What's been brought up has been brought up but we want to nip it in the bud now.

We don't want to turn the place into Mafia Universe where metagaming is the primary way to play.

Obviously players will have some pre-conceptions about others given the fact it is a non anon game and we can't police that, but quoting posts from other games is not permitted from this point on.

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Necro wrote: »
    Werewolf: Silence of the Wolves

Game Rules:
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete.  If you have any questions, please PM sullivlo or Necro and we will respond as soon as possible.

Just fyi. That post that had another outgame quote took way longer than the one minute to write between mod instruction and it, and was not posted as an action against the 'stop quoting posts from other games' if was overlap. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Now, back to the game.

I don't think there can be any doubt now of me CLEARness.

The wolves will know this too, so, NK1 kill her i come. The village will never mislynch me now after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to show my face around these parts, I didn’t have much to say other than hello but after keeping up with the last couple of days, I have a thought.

Could someone just let me know what NK1 means and what the term would be for if two wolves are kind of at each other to instill doubt that either is a wolf? If that even is a term, thank you.

Laughed reading the difference in posting style from what I would assume are WW veterans and newer posters like myself, just going straight for the jugular tearing posts apart :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

TheSkunk wrote:
    Could someone just let me know what NK1 means and what the term would be for if two wolves are kind of at each other to instill doubt that either is a wolf? If that even is a term, thank you.

Night kill 1 I thought. First munch essentially.

I guess that's covered under bussing. Not exactly but kind of.

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to show my face around these parts, I didn’t have much to say other than hello but after keeping up with the last couple of days, I have a thought.

Laughed reading the difference in posting style from what I would assume are WW veterans and newer posters like myself, just going straight for the jugular tearing posts apart :P

NK1 = night kill 1, the kill of night 1, but since we are doing night zero, i should have said NK0

w/w wolf/wolf interactions are when 2 wolfs are interacting on thread.
    w/v wolf/village

v/v villager/village

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

These lot take no prisoners, skunk, and we’ve only just begun!

NK1 stands for the first NK which will be at 10am on Tuesday morning. It is the final moment of the night phase. At 10:01 we begin the day phase.

Bussing would be the term for wolfs casting doubt on each other. Trying to distance themselves as much as possible. I doubt Pter and Keith are team mates as there are 17 good and 3 bad right now and as it stands, they are on everyone’s radar. So I don’t think it makes good bad business sense to throw so much attention onto each other this early. A little doubt could be used at a later stage in game as a defense but this early? I don’t think there on a bad team together anyway.

I know I said it first but those two are like an old married couple!

• Advertisement

Must have been some wedding because I can't remember a thing about it.

I know I said it first but those two are like an old married couple!
    Pter wrote: »
    Must have been some wedding because I can't remember a thing about it.

Typical lack of attention to detail from you. :rolleyes:

jk'ing, mostly.

Mods, does the curfew start at 10?

sKeith wrote:
    jk'ing, mostly.

Ah come on don't be salty cause I'm questioning you. That's the gig.

that message should be in a pm if you really are looking for an answer.

What is this curfew you talk about?

Pter wrote: »
    Ah come on don't be salty cause I'm questioning you. That's the gig.

Not salty, just plaing the old married gig..... read it in that contest and its a fun joke.

When we’re not allowed to post.

That is a good one in fairness.

Strawbs the curfew is for night phase, not nighttime . As there is no lynch tonight, no night phase starts.

When we’re not allowed to post.

post limit start counting from 10am tuesday morning, once you hit limit, you can't post until 2 hours prior to lynch, then its free posting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Origi is an absolute hero

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Green&Red wrote: »
    Origi is an absolute hero

8 minutes, I cant take this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Kolido wrote: »
    8 minutes, I cant take this.

All over, now just need Leicester to do us a massive favour

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

No. Only after lynch votes. Post away.

Who broke the thread?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

SeveralThriftyDugong-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I’ve been reminiscing about old games. Probably not the best way to catch wolves here but an enjoyable trip down memory lane while it lasted.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I’ve been reminiscing about old games. Probably not the best way to catch wolves here but an enjoyable trip down memory lane while it lasted.

what game did you read?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Simpsons. Trying to remember where it all went so wrong :P

• Advertisement

haha, an enjoyable game all right. you were first lynch, willingly :D

Advertisement