Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah. I was heading for my best game ever for the first 70 pages. Then I was involved in a road traffic accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

You did waste a mislynch though.. town ran outta mislynches as far as i can recall, they didnt even have lynches spare to lynch an outted wolf.

So far, i have a null reading on Clarabel, Succubus_ and tusk.

as for the rest...

Null

crosstownk - almost as null as above 3.

Digital Solitude - almost as null as above 3.

nullish

Dublinandy2 - not all wolves are furry

Whiplashy - jokes that k-man is a wolf.

Duffman13 - claims to have found two wolves in the OPs of the two directly above.

Bounty Hunter - forty coats with his fifty pockets.

Ectoplasm - 6 posts of nothing.

fixxxer - having troubleing giffing.

kitten_k - nothing much in 4 posts

Pter - seems to try hard to read my posts but ignores mention of TB being guarded about what she posts. Asks for expalations to stuff already in thread. Seems to be trying to act villlagery. Recieved some backup from sm, but i'm village leaning on sm, so gonna discard that for a while.

TheSkunk - Lke there OP more than most, but zero followup ...

leaning village

quickbeam - very slight vaiilage lean

Strawberry Milkshake - Like answers given when i asked about why she like the fact there was no village alligned power roles.

tritium - nice acknolegement of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves) shade / not shade on me and pter, or just trying to game solve. Dont lynch here first. Reevaluate the here on day 2. There posts so far are pro village.

Barney92 - some shade but is honest about it, game solvey? depends how pter flips, not w/w with pter.

Green&Red - decent read of me, advancing player or TMI? (for newbies 'too much information') ah feck, barney can keep an eye on him, consider me slightly pocketed here.

Lock clear villager

sKeith - Lock CLEAR

very slight inkling of wolf equity

Kolido - shader

Loughc - shader

Triceratops Ballet - she says she has to watch what she says, nothing further

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Bit late to the game, only realised it was on. I'll read thread and report back

Clarabel wrote: »
    Bit late to the game, only realised it was on. I'll read thread and report back

giphy.gif

Duffman's gonna love you ;)

• Advertisement

*Reevaluate the here on day 2*

was gonna say, Reevaluate the slot, but chnaged to here, the slot is in relation to the player slot who has been given the pm. if somebody slots in as a sub to this player slot, all reads currently for the slot are not invalid, as the sub is just taking over the same role pm that was there before. but i didnt was to confuse by saying slot, hence the sentence not being fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Will he love me or less if I don't report back cause I'm actually too tired to read the thread.

Clarabel wrote: »
    Will he love me or less if I don't report back cause I'm actually too tired to read the thread.

He seems to think he can can tell that a slot is wolf if they say the forgot the game was happening, it was a joke. I've been pretty clear that i dont like this way of finding wolves, but he has given me evidence that its a thing so i wont hold it against him, but i wont be holding the same stance as him on the slots.

So, it dont really matter if you report back or not, if thats his stance on you OP, opening post. :)

Enjoy your sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Green&Red wrote: »
    All over, now just need Leicester to do us a massive favour

If Leicester do ye a favour on Monday it will still be a tough one for ye next week against Wolves. Good to see it go to the wire though, makes it more exciting

Kolido wrote: »
    8 minutes, I cant take this.
    Green&Red wrote: »
    All over, now just need Leicester to do us a massive favour
    kitten_k wrote: »
    If Leicester do ye a favour on Monday it will still be a tough one for ye next week against Wolves. Good to see it go to the wire though, makes it more exciting

My ignorace may outstand ye all but i have no idea what ye'all are talking about.

You all seem to be building a repore over something that i have no insight into.

I find this quite dangerous, as its completely ungame related stuff.

Would any of ye care to explain why Leicester is relevatent in sorting you guys n gals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sKeith wrote: »
    My ignorace may outstand ye all but i have no idea what ye'all are talking about.

You all seem to be building a repore over something that i have no insight into.

I find this quite dangerous, as its completely ungame related stuff.

Would any of ye care to explain why Leicester is relevatent in sorting you guys n gals?

Leicester play Man City in the English premier league. If they can stop City from winning that game then Liverpool can win the league by winning their next game. Otherwise Man City can win the league by winning their next game.

It's not relevant to this thread but i'd prefer people talking over not talking. Maybe later if one of them is a wolf it might look like they were trying to pocket the other. Whatever it is it'll be more to analyse in a game were people are rightly (cos it is one) playing it as a slow paced game and not getting super involved before day 1.

probably the post that stands out the most to me so far:
    Now, back to the game.

I don't think there can be any doubt now of me CLEARness.

The wolves will know this too, so, NK1 kill her i come. The village will never mislynch me now after that.

Why are you so clear now to everyone ? Why would it be such a clear mislynch? after what?

Also seem to just be setting yourself up an obvious munch, what are you going to say if your not munched?

That post came after a load of you going against Duffman's idea related to meta gaming peoples past intros or something similar and then the mods saying to leave the past games out. I don't see why that would confirm you good in anyway, so what have I missed apart from just you being overly eager to make everyone think your being good is beyond doubt?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If you dont know what we were talking about keithy, how can you say it was ungame related?

In any case, I know you're smart enough to realise it was football. Not the only ungame related things in this tread yesterday.

tritium - nice acknolegement of mountainous (for newbies, the nice picture of the mountains was a ref to the type of game we are currently playing, mountainous, no power roles, and only vanilla wolves)

Actually, wasn't just newbs that that needed explaining on. I've never heard that term before and was wondering why it was getting the thanks.

I found this (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mountainous) for extra info. The last bit makes depressing reading though. Village win rate seems low. I haven't done the maths though for our configuration (20:3) to see if it improves. Anyone fancy giving it a go?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Numbers,_Part_1

Above says:

23 players with 2 wolves (21:2) have a 30.66% of a Village win.
    24 players with 3 wolves (21:3) have a 35.49% of a Village win.

So, our game of 23 players and 3 wolves might be somewhere in between those two??

quickbeam wrote: »
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Numbers,_Part_1

Above says:

23 players with 2 wolves (21:2) have a 30.66% of a Village win.
    24 players with 3 wolves (21:3) have a 35.49% of a Village win.

So, our game of 23 players and 3 wolves might be somewhere in between those two??

Hear that wolves If you don't win the statistics say you suck! :pac:

I don't like those odds but as I'm no Scott Steiner I can neither, agree nor disagree with the maths with full certainty

mZ3LWR0.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

About a 33% chance of a village win if we were just munching and lynching, it doesn't account for the pages of chat and investigating we will be doing.

I believe the actual odds would be much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

These lot take no prisoners, skunk, and we’ve only just begun!

NK1 stands for the first NK which will be at 10am on Tuesday morning. It is the final moment of the night phase. At 10:01 we begin the day phase.

Bussing would be the term for wolfs casting doubt on each other. Trying to distance themselves as much as possible. I doubt Pter and Keith are team mates as there are 17 good and 3 bad right now and as it stands, they are on everyone’s radar. So I don’t think it makes good bad business sense to throw so much attention onto each other this early. A little doubt could be used at a later stage in game as a defense but this early? I don’t think there on a bad team together anyway.

I know I said it first but those two are like an old married couple!

Not SK and Pter actually, I was thinking more so SK and Duffman. Just a little sprinkling of doubt dusted on there over what game the opening post was in, something which can easily be proved true later.

Skeith I don’t know if it’s your normal posting style but something about your posts is fishy to me. There’s 17 NRVs and nobody else is really falling over themselves claiming how good and clear they are. It’s repeated in one way or another over and over again, then saying nobody will ever doubt you again if you’re lynched and flip good. Feels like a way to make people doubt their suspicions.

It is very early days though and not a lot to go by, just something I thought when reading over everything and to note for later on.

That’s the follow up to my OP, I know I left you all waiting in suspense there! :pac: Bought a new PS4 and finally got to play it last night so the minute I got in the door this thread was all but a distant memory

Oh and thanks everyone for the explanations, really appreciate it

TheSkunk wrote: »
    There’s 17 NRVs

???

Not SK and Pter actually, I was thinking more so SK and Duffman. Just a little sprinkling of doubt dusted on there over what game the opening post was in, something which can easily be proved true later.

Skeith I don’t know if it’s your normal posting style but something about your posts is fishy to me. There’s 17 NRVs and nobody else is really falling over themselves claiming how good and clear they are. It’s repeated in one way or another over and over again, then saying nobody will ever doubt you again if you’re lynched and flip good. Feels like a way to make people doubt their suspicions.

It is very early days though and not a lot to go by, just something I thought when reading over everything and to note for later on.

That’s the follow up to my OP, I know I left you all waiting in suspense there! :pac: Bought a new PS4 and finally got to play it last night so the minute I got in the door this thread was all but a distant memory

20 nrvs.

• Advertisement

20 nrvs.

Woops I was thinking 3 wolves and 20 players in total, my bad. You know what I mean though

I like your suspicions. So, if you get to flip duffman and he turns out to be wolf, then I should be next on the chopping block.. Amirite?
    But you are overlooking my lock clear status, that means that in every circumstance I'm a v.
    So Pter me is a ?\v. Duffman me is a ?\v. Skunk me is a ?\v.

That's what lock clear villager means.
    Its an easy concept, so I guess you'll grasp it eventually.

Keith, you’re funny!!!

If you are a Villager then you’re only locked clear to yourself as you’ve seen your PM.

While I do think you’re more likely Villager than not, there’s absolutely nothing locked clear about your status.

I like your suspicions. So, if you get to flip duffman and he turns out to be wolf, then I should be next on the chopping block.. Amirite?
    But you are overlooking my lock clear status, that means that in every circumstance I'm a v.
    So Pter me is a ?\v. Duffman me is a ?\v. Skunk me is a ?\v.

That's what lock clear villager means.
    Its an easy concept, so I guess you'll grasp it eventually.

From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

Is the whole point of being a wolf not to make yourself look like a villager? That’s a good way to go about it should the opportunity arise

Just like SK I would also like to remind folk that I am 100% clear team village. Surely now nobody would miss lynch me and although I am also now an obvious candidate for Wolves if they don't get me I assure you all I will think of someone to point a finger at.
    tenor.gif

From what I gathered though you’re saying your lock clear because of your previous posting style as an NRV, is that correct or did I miss something else? If that is the case that proves nothing to be honest, it could be that either G&R is a wolf too and brought it up to “clear” you or you saw it as an opportunity to “clear” yourself.

Is the whole point of being a wolf not to make yourself look like a villager? That’s a good way to go about it should the opportunity arise

Stop shading, its not village like come out and just say what you are thinking.

Just like SK I would also like to remind folk that I am 100% clear team village. Surely now nobody would miss lynch me and although I am also now an obvious candidate for Wolves if they don't get me I assure you all I will think of someone to point a finger at.
    tenor.gif

Can you please explain how you believe you are 100% clear.

Stop shading, its not village like come out and just say what you are thinking.

I have said what I’m thinking, plain as day in my previous two posts. What part of that don’t you understand?

Can you please explain how you believe you are 100% clear.

In the same way you are of course
    tenor.gif

I'm heading out for a bit but if you want to explain to those who are questioning you how your clear that'll do the job for me too, cheers ;)

• Advertisement

I have said what I’m thinking, plain as day in my previous two posts. What part of that don’t you understand?

But you made no Accusations. You split your thoughts into two paragraphs and didn't link them.

I'd prefer if someone was calling me a wolf to call me a wolf, not throw smear and shade and being non committal

Advertisement