Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

duffman13 wrote: »
    Actually maybe it wasn't that gsme, I'll check tomorrow cause I'm up at 5am but I'll find it. We've a little time to figure it out

Yep, we have time on our side.

fixxxer wrote: »
    And I'm only three days until retirement!

Retirement from what?

tritium wrote: »
    Mountainous_View_by_Sven_Scheuermeier-1600.jpg

479394.PNG

deconduo thanks post.

checks roster.

Player List:

Barney92
    Bounty Hunter
    Clarabel
    crosstownk
    Digital Solitude
    Dublinandy2
    Duffman13
    Ectoplasm
    fixxxer
    Green&Red
    kitten_k
    Kolido
    Loughc
    Pter
    quickbeam
    sKeith
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Succubus_
    TheSkunk
    Triceratops Ballet
    tritium
    tusk
    Whiplashy

no deconduo..

checks mods list
    Necro and Sully

no deconduo..

thinks, hmmmmm..

deco, what you at....

yep, a lovely mountanious photo, deserves a thanks...

searches sign up thread

no deconduo..

blah....

deadend.....

Catches up on thread...

... sees spat... one wolf? Two wolves? Zero wolves? Hard to say right away...

... few other posts floating that might look wolfy in the right light...revisit later when we have more to go on......

......hears bank holiday weekend calling....

If by spat, you mean the interactions between myself and pter, max one wolf. Could be zero.

If pter wolf, trying to make more out of me and milkshake interaction than there was, and also ignoring all dino talk. If anything to be read from this it is possible pter/dino w/w, but way to early for that.

Auto priest means that this post will be looked at again, so its better its in thread than not.

also, dino single posting and thanking pter #52 has to be note also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pter wrote: »
    I am operating under the assumption the wolves may pop in, say hello and leave it at that until after first munch.

MAYBE one of them will be chatty, but it would be a risky strategy as it will eventually come back to haunt them.

So im encouraging people to post this weekend. By all means (if you are a wolf), prove me wrong and post like crazy and think you wont get caught out for it. Or if you are a village, post away with nothing to hide (which is what im doing).

Im watching Friends with benefits.

Trying to remember the clone of this movie that had natalie portman in it, without googling it.

I’m judging you for watching this film, I’ve never seen it but.....

I’ve started watching the Shield again, love a bit of Vic Mackey

sKeith wrote: »
    Why were the lambs silent? Were they dead?

I have not read the book, which might go into why the lambs were silent. I have watched the film, and I don't recall any explanation on why the lambs were silent.

If there are any book readers among us, maybe you could tell us if there is any better explanation of the title in the books, or maybe I am just not observant enough, and someone who has only seen the film can remind me of some scene that I have clearly forgotten which will shine light on the reason for the title.

Maybe an understanding on how the title relates to the book and film may give us a clue to why the wolves are silent here.

Is the expectation that the wolves will low post and we can win the game by sort by post count, I doubt it.

Why does the dino feel like they have to watch what they say? Say what you want, what you really really want and don't look back in anger at what you say.

So, had a quick look there, 23 in roster, 3 wolves, 20 vanillagers.

so, 17 deaths needed at the least for the wolves to achieve parity, that's 8 cycles or 16 RL days from Tuesday is... 23rd of may.
    That's 8 mislynches and we can adsorb one modkill before we lose a mislynch chance.

milkshake. what exactly makes you have good feeling that there are good roles? is it that there are no investigative roles?

I hate to break it to you buddy but there’s a good reason the lambs are silent #sadstory

TFMG&R got me a nice bag of craft beers, I’m enjoying my Friday nite with them while she’s on nites.
    Just dropping in to clear myself, my earlier post was just a place holder, I’ve a busy weekend lined up, doesn’t mean I’m a wolf.

Putting myself in wolf clothing I’d say lay low, a few interactions here and there.
    There’s only three of them so they’ll be hard to catch, they’ll be wide to wagonomics, there’ll be no voting pattern. So for the first day or so we’ll need to get lucky with a bandwagon

Green&Red wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you buddy but there’s a good reason the lambs are silent #sadstory

TFMG&R got me a nice bag of craft beers, I’m enjoying my Friday nite with them while she’s on nites.
    Just dropping in to clear myself, my earlier post was just a place holder, I’ve a busy weekend lined up, doesn’t mean I’m a wolf.

Putting myself in wolf clothing I’d say lay low, a few interactions here and there.
    There’s only three of them so they’ll be hard to catch, they’ll be wide to wagonomics, there’ll be no voting pattern. So for the first day or so we’ll need to get lucky with a bandwagon

I didn't think your first post meant you were a wolf tbh. More sus of k-man for shading you over it than your opening post.

Like, why would a villager shade you over that opening post? I'm still willing to believe at this early stage that k-man was just having a laugh, and that it was very early, and he didnt consider that shding another player is a wolfy trait. I'll be watching hime (k-man) more closely over that than you.

What games have you been a wolf in SK? I must read them back sometime. You’re playing this like the last time I saw you as NRV

I liked it then and I like it now

What games have you been a wolf in SK? I must read them back sometime. You’re playing this like the last time I saw you as NRV

I liked it then and I like it now

i've been wolf in hogwarts, simpsons, marvel, star trek, the walking dead, saipan, overwatch, lorad of the rings and celebrity.

• Advertisement

Trust your insticnts, they are good.

wolf wins were star trek, the walking dead, saipan and overwatch.

i think star trek was the only wolf win were i was alive for the victory.

if you're going to read any, thats the one i'd recommend. was great fun, and drumpot makes it extra spicy half way thru.

shout out to robynmorton, we miss you and hope you will return, lordy will forever be a meanie but we want a return from u!!!!!

I don't think Othegre eating your heart was meant to be taken personally, so don't take it that way, we want to hear more from you.

At the very least, bandy made sure duncan had nothing useful left on him before he was given a proper burial....

What is important is that they are all stories, but you are real, we want more real robynmorton...

We miss ya...

** Othegre eating your heart wasnt meant to be taken personally**

oops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

reading what has been written by some so far makes this seem like it will be a long (till monday right?) day zero. The FBI have come to boards.ie
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can we use players real names please, or a close proximity to them? Even as an experienced player it took me a minute to figure out who dino (Triceratops) and k-man (Kolido) are. There are new and newish players here who might not know and add to their confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yep, we have time on our side.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057835069/1

Just to clarify it was a different live game, live game 4. Guffy seer, me lone wolf!

if you're going to read any, thats the one i'd recommend. was great fun, and drumpot makes it extra spicy half way thru.

I had a quick look through the Simpson’s and Saipan, you’re posting style was definitely different, very different to the two previous games I’ve seen you as an NRV, which is how your posting now.

So either excellent self-development or your NRV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I had a quick look through the Simpson’s and Saipan, you’re posting style was definitely different, very different to the two previous games I’ve seen you as an NRV, which is how your posting now.

So either excellent self-development or your NRV

Interesting to see this read so early in game

Villager doing good sleuthing?

Villager fooled by wolf?

Wolf covering wolf?

Wolf pocketing villager?

I’m going to say either 1 or 4 for the moment but worth keeping an eye on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Interesting to see this read so early in game

Villager doing good sleuthing?

Villager fooled by wolf?

Wolf covering wolf?

Wolf pocketing villager?

I’m going to say either 1 or 4 for the moment but worth keeping an eye on this

Does seem unlikely that they're both wolves. Would be a bold move so early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

With no roles to hunt for, I can see the wolves killing off one of the chatty players. If someone who is chatty this weekend keeps surviving munches, that would bear scrutiny imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I’m watching say yes to the dress. Gok is doing it now

Cracking show. I like the Atlanta version.

Pter wrote: »
    With no roles to hunt for, I can see the wolves killing off one of the chatty players. If someone who is chatty this weekend keeps surviving munches, that would bear scrutiny imo.

You and Keith are the only posters so far with double figure posts. Are you making reasons as to why you won’t get munched? throwing Keith to the lynch lions should he survive munch? Hmmmm

On a different note - we have one hour of posting between final voting and results of lynch announcement. In that hour we won’t know who’s going. Should we all be keeping track of our final vote time and declare in that hour? See if everything tallies then with the order of votes the mods give us?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Cracking show. I like the Atlanta version.

Can’t beat a few shows of say yes from the dress followed by my lottery dream home on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You and Keith are the only posters so far with double figure posts. Are you making reasons as to why you won’t get munched? throwing Keith to the lynch lions should he survive munch? Hmmmm

Don't be silly I'm a mod. I'll be dead soon. And if anything I'm saying if me and Keith keep being chatty and escape being munched, that should be suspicious. Now I know I'm good, but I wouldn't have any idea why sk would escape a munch. I'd munch him if I were a wolf.
    On a different note - we have one hour of posting between final voting and results of lynch announcement. In that hour we won’t know who’s going. Should we all be keeping track of our final vote time and declare in that hour? See if everything tallies then with the order of votes the mods give us?

I declare votes in most games, so no harm in doing this imo.

Advertisement