Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Right, thank this post if you would prefer that we used players screen names and NOT nicknames.

Guys, it’s confusing having 2 Dino’s. Cos TB is a dancing Dino but Barney the purple Dino also sings and dances.

Look at this one just looking for thanks :D

I agree though, nicknames for new people is unfair really

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So im listening in

tenor.gif

and it would seem everyone is wagonning apparently

giphy.gif

Perhaps people are over analyzing posts cos it is stil day 0 for 2 more days but I suppose that doesn't stop me wondering

tenor.gif?itemid=9841695

Maybe this FBI agent will just look on the bright side of life

tumblr_mtyuf0PlKQ1qh59n0o4_r1_500.gif

I mean I know we are all thinking this already

giphy.gif

But I do wonder if someone just taking the p!sh and giffing away for fun will suddenly be labelled a wolf too? But hopefully my Jurrasic park character (actor at least) is thinking along the right lines

giphy.gif

Plus who knows maybe even if people do paint my wagon now and I am soon lynched at least it'll give info as to who did so because I spoke up and got them reacting

giphy.gif

C'mon folks speak up, put yourselves out here. You either have nothing to lose or your a wolf and i'm hoping you mess up

:)

I'm bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I,m only fixing one line but autocorrect ate my words.

I'll provide my thoughts below, then drop it, Caz it cant be this easy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    Its true that there is 2 Dino's, but what I was remarking on could only be attributed to tb, as qb was able to work out.

I figured it out from context because it’s still early days and very few posts. I’d rather not have to ‘figure out’ and just know who you’re talking about from the outset. Hence my call for use of names or close proximity to names.

May I just mention also that I have fancy the pants off Hugh Dancy?

Too late. Already have.

So, Bounty, gif away if you include lots of him.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    May I just mention also that I have fancy the pants off Hugh Dancy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo_VzC6jvG-70KCzDukVXflTtlNyzJ6qiVG2tFdlhubVOxAjQ4

Hey everyone BH is getting his post count up by doing fluffy gif filled posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

When I read dino first I thought how is that related to me but I worked it out quickly enough. For those who weren't sure when I said russki I meant pter.

Although purple dancing Dino isn't even a clear descriptor for me because tb has a dinosaur and ballet in her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Can we just refer to every player by a nickname for the player aphabetically above them, that should solve everything.

Can’t see any downside to that solution there. :)

I have no issues if some use shorthand for people but if people don't get when references are made I won't hold it against someone. I've been here a good bit and im still going to refer to people like QB as a he so meh stuff happens.
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BH pocketing the entire village here

• Advertisement

I have no issues if some use shorthand for people but if people don't get when references are made I won't hold it against someone. I've been here a good bit and im still going to refer to people like QB as a he so meh stuff happens.
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BH pocketing the entire village here

I christen thee 'forty coats'.

now to find out who is slightly bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    I post questioning tb and sm. Sm replies and Pter is suddenly stupid, and can't follow the thread but is questioning me over what is in the thread already. It was a serious wtf moment. Pter ignores the tb comment completly, and I even pointed him at it 'if have more than 1 observation in my op'. I link dino\pter Pter then calls barney dino. Sm makes excuses for Pter calling barney dino.

Well you are wrong on at least one of those accusations sk.

And you are jumping to accuse me of distancing.

And you haven't answered why you are posting this weekend despite advocating no one should do so.

Very evasive and not your usual nrv game.

Pter wrote: »
    Well you are wrong on at least one of those accusations sk.

And you are jumping to accuse me of distancing.

And you haven't answered why you are posting this weekend despite advocating no one should do so.

Very evasive and not your usual nrv game.

Asked and answered.

In SKs head right now

tenor.gif?itemid=12930684

Werewolf XXIII - Live Game Version 4
    duff lone wolf
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Hey guys almost forgot about this!
    Necro wrote: »
    The wolf struck early and without remorse. His target was Guffy.

Guffy was the seer

Day 1 begins and will end at 8.05pm

guffy was seer.
    Guffy wrote: »
    Nearly forgot about this

Story lines up.

Thanks for that.

How hard will you push andy and whip over their entries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

This is very suss. As qb rightly pointed out, dino is tb, and I linked you and tb, now you obscure dino with barney. If you and tb are wolf, barney is never wolf.

Barney is not a wolf, you're right there :)

Barney92 wrote: »
    Barney is not a wolf, you're right there :)

The FBI rookie wakes up in the office

source.gif

or just someone posing as Law enforcement but committing crimes all the time

giphy.gif

?

BH stirring

@skeith,

That doesn't answer my question. As I said. Evasive. Please actually answer the question.

And with relation to me saying 'I'm your own words', autocorrect from 'in your own words'.

@skeith,

That doesn't answer my question. As I said. Evasive. Please actually answer the question.

And with relation to me saying 'I'm your own words', autocorrect from 'in your own words'.

Who else words am i going to use?

1342133235807_1794131.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

ALL THE GIFS!

OMG Necro spawned

;)

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    OMG Necro spawned

;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ahh, I'm enjoying the gifs.
    And I second the moar of Hugh Dancy motion.

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    OMG Necro spawned

;)

SatisfiedWaterloggedIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

I am operating under the assumption the wolves may pop in, say hello and leave it at that until after first munch.

MAYBE one of them will be chatty, but it would be a risky strategy as it will eventually come back to haunt them.

So im encouraging people to post this weekend. By all means (if you are a wolf), prove me wrong and post like crazy and think you wont get caught out for it. Or if you are a village, post away with nothing to hide (which is what im doing).

Im watching Friends with benefits.

Trying to remember the clone of this movie that had natalie portman in it, without googling it.

Everyone but me, who you want to shut the hell up. amirite.

sKeith wrote:
    Who else words am i going to use?

More evasion.
    sKeith wrote:
    Everyone but me, who you want to shut the hell up. amirite.

Well if i wanted you to shut up I'm doing a funny job of it asking you to answer questions and holding you to those questions when you evade them. Talk away.... Just start making sense like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Werewolf XXIII - Live Game Version 4
    duff lone wolf

guffy was seer.

Story lines up.

Thanks for that.

How hard will you push andy and whip over their entries?

It's a situation of, if nothing else twigs my suspicion id be voting for one or the other. I'll keep a closer on eye on their posts as a result but just an observation from a previous earlier game.

I've never really been able to see if it bore fruit till now cause both a good roled and bad player said it but cause there is no good roled players I mentioned it. It's something of a filler ala "Oh, I'm not important, just remembered there was a game" kind of post

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod Announcement

Hello.

As an oversight on our part, we never mentioned no meta gaming. Whilst we can’t enforce it, we do frown upon it.

And for the love of god, stop quoting posts from other games. They’re not relevant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    It's a situation of, if nothing else twigs my suspicion id be voting for one or the other. I'll keep a closer on eye on their posts as a result but just an observation from a previous earlier game.

I've never really been able to see if it bore fruit till now cause both a good roled and bad player said it but cause there is no good roled players I mentioned it. It's something of a filler ala "Oh, I'm not important, just remembered there was a game" kind of post

I'd be more inclided to think that those openings could come from anyone, and most likely from someone who had forgotten about the game until they recieved their role pm. I myself wouldn't see it helping at all in deducing someones allignment, and was wondering why you held it to a higher regard than i would for finding power roles.

so i checked back a few games and found this zinger below. went as far back to gameshow doing a keyword search for word forgot but that didnt find much.

Serial Killer OP deadwood.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Man didnt know this was kicking off so early and already 50 plis posts and a nice OP to catch up on.
    Never seen Deadwood..... but I do like Lovejoy.

I still dont hold it in as high regards as you, but i'm not going to wolf read you over it, which i feel i could have done if the evidence didnt back up your claims.

Advertisement