Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the conservatives in Ireland?

Options
  • 04-05-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm not very familiar with the political parties of Ireland, and would like to ask where or which are the conservative parties in Ireland, not the fake ones, I mean the real conservatives who are for core family values, there are only two genders, a family is a man a woman and children, homosexuality is not a normal lifestyle and can be overcome (not hating it but not promoting it), safe borders, controlled immigration and not massive influx of ilegal immigration, parents are the main educators of children not schools, abortion means killing a baby, rights come from God and not men, not being driven by emotios but by logic, etc etc. Are they extinct? I am finding it really hard to find a political party with such great values. Are there any groups that anyone can join? Regards to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

pablojml wrote: »
    I'm not very familiar with the political parties of Ireland, and would like to ask where or which are the conservative parties in Ireland, not the fake ones, I mean the real conservatives who are for core family values, there are only two genders, a family is a man a woman and children, homosexuality is not a normal lifestyle and can be overcome (not hating it but not promoting it), safe borders, controlled immigration and not massive influx of ilegal immigration, parents are the main educators of children not schools, abortion means killing a baby, rights come from God and not men, not being driven by emotios but by logic, etc etc. Are they extinct? I am finding it really hard to find a political party with such great values. Are there any groups that anyone can join? Regards to all.

Thankfully there aren't too many people who think this way these days, thats why the parties who do hold these "values" are miniscual. Go join Genma O'Doherty and her (tiny) crowd of god botherers, you sound like you would fit in perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Renua?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, hopefully it won't last. They wisdom of uncontrolled immigration is already being widely questioned and people are getting sick of cis gender and cis privilege guff. I see Fintan The Toole is trolling us again today with more of this sh1te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Thankfully there aren't too many people who think this way these days, thats why the parties who do hold these "values" are miniscual. Go join Genma O'Doherty and her (tiny) crowd of god botherers, you sound like you would fit in perfectly.

No room for conservative views in modern Ireland. Mass immigration is great for Europe. Welfare states are great for Europe. The middle class pick up the bill for all. Those with the real power ie big business are conservative to the core. They will continue to get richer while the regular Joe pays through the nose to keep the parasites in cigarette and cider money

The lunatics have taken over the asylum, hopefully it won't last. They wisdom of uncontrolled immigration is already being widely questioned and people are getting sick of cis gender and cis privilege guff. I see Fintan The Toole is trolling us again today with more of this sh1te.

The fuse has most definitely been lit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

You are looking for Renua.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    No room for conservative views in modern Ireland. Mass immigration is great for Europe. Welfare states are great for Europe. The middle class pick up the bill for all. Those with the real power ie big business are conservative to the core. They will continue to get richer while the regular Joe pays through the nose to keep the parasites in cigarette and cider money

Conservative views i have no issue with, spewing vile hate fulled rants about "de muslims" and how the gays are trying to brainwash kids with unicorns and rainbows i do have an issue with.

Conservative views i have no issue with, spewing vile hate fulled rants about "de muslims" and how the gays are trying to brainwash kids with unicorns and rainbows i do have an issue with.

So where do you draw the line with negative views against mass immigration into Europe. Specifically Muslim immigration into Europe?
    An opposing opinion is not allowed. Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Are you promoting Gay conversion therapy here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

There's always Gemma O'Doherty for yis

• Advertisement

So where do you draw the line with negative views against mass immigration into Europe. Specifically Muslim immigration into Europe?

Opposing opinions are posted on this site and others every day! Saying that mass immigration is a bad thing is fine once you debate it clearly and give your reasons why you believe this.

Blaming muslims for EVERYTHING that happens (see the 1st page of Notre Dame fire and many other threads) is a bad thing.

The same as accusing the LGBT community of having some sort of nefarious "agenda" that includes brainwashing kids through the medium of unicorns and rainbows. Spout that shìte and you will rightly be mocked for it.

No on is shutting down discussion, people are just sick of hearing the same lies and vile accusations spouted day in day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

You may have noticed something of a resurgence in conservative thought on all kinds of matters from tax policy to immigration in popular culture over recent years. What you may not have noticed is that a lot of the exponents (occasionally some of the most compelling) of these ideas come from a cohort of the gay population which, no longer being joined at the hip to the broader left in the campaign for marriage equality etc, are now turning towards various forms of conservatism for a protection of their rights and security in their future. You can observe an entire spectrum of gay conservatives from the more 'flamboyant' like Milo Yiannopoulos to the more concise like Andrew Sullivan or Douglas Murray - you might well be hard-pressed to find a better exponent of a more conservative migration policy than the latter as it happens. I've even been surprised to learn that the support of this group for broadly conservative positions appears to stretch even as far as into issues like abortion or transgenderism. So when you turn around and want to start talking about 'traditional conservative values' might I suggest you do some reconfiguration about what those values are - because a lot like liberal values, they tend to change over time, and trying to win over a new generation of voters by talking about 'fixing' gays and abolishing gay marriage, is probably about a likely to win you votes as campaigning to bring back segregation in the US or get Jim Crow laws rolling again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Renua

You're going to find that the number of people who hold all of those views in Ireland would probably fit in to a small meeting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The cvnts party is the one you're after. Think they meet on Tuesdays in 1969.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Renua are the only party that fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

It is like you just read the Renua manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Boards is the wrong place to be asking anyway. Its so far to the left its about to fall off the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If we're allowing 1 stupid religion, we should allow them all (spoiler, theyre all stupid)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Come to think of it there is no mainstream party in ireland, enjoying anything approaching popular support that promotes the policies you suggest.
    Makes me proud to be Irish actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There has never been any real appetite in Irish politics for a far-right party the likes of which you describe. Renua are the ones that would most fit those political views but their lack of success speaks for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That would be the Catholic Chruch.

Seriously, though - there isn't enough support for back-to-basics traditional conservative values for a mainstream party. Most people see them (as in the views) as regressive and somewhat counter productive to freedom of expression, which people value far more these days.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There are only two genders. Well there’s either 2 or there’s 2 million. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

That would be the Catholic Chruch.

Seriously, though - there isn't enough support for back-to-basics traditional conservative values for a mainstream party. Most people see them (as in the views) as regressive and somewhat counter productive to freedom of expression, which people value far more these days.

The Catholic Church.
    Islam
    Judaism
    Any of the fundamental Christian Churches..
    Why did you single out Catholics?

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Catholic Church.
    Islam
    Judaism

Well which one of those organisations you mention has a presence in every single village in Ireland? Which organisation controls most of the school our children go to? Which organisation is still wrapped around every part of life in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The Catholic Church.
    Islam
    Judaism

Fair point.

I mentioned Catholicism simply because they would be the most popular advocate of the values mentioned by the OP and would have the most adherents.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Irish people including myself are generally not interested in or impressed by very far right or very far left wing political parties, Our main parties are centrist with a dash of left/right politics, Even our main so called nationalist party supports immigration and integration. They may be a lot of daft voters and daft politicians in Ireland but the majority just want a country in which we can work, eat, have shelter and infrastructure and live our lives peacefully and free. Enda Kenny or Leo Varadkar may not be the most inspiring statesmen but i'd rather them anyday then the divisive or corrupt politicians a lot of other countries have.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Do you have a time machine?

(FAO Mod's: I know the ethos of the forum is to discuss rationally, but, all arguments are not equal in this respect in 2019)

There are only two genders. Well there’s either 2 or there’s 2 million. Which is it?

Theres only one "god" Well there’s either 2 or there’s 2 million. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

There has never been any real appetite in Irish politics for a far-right party the likes of which you describe. Renua are the ones that would most fit those political views but their lack of success speaks for itself.

Controlled immigration is not far right. Far right is Mussolini or Hitler.

• Advertisement

Controlled immigration is not far right. Far right is Mussolini or Hitler.

We have controlled immigration in Ireland.

Advertisement