Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

There's 5/6 heavies incoming from the states and Canada as I type, and this to me seems late in the morning for such flights. Is there a reason for this?

Unusual weather event in DUB - sun is out ;)

Dont know, saw that myself, a good few transatlantic an hour or 2 late.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

What's up with this fella?

Ei992 has been flying around Portlaoise for the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Not sure why the route but someone in the EI thread said that aircraft is positioning to Shannon tonight for painting

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Just saw it around TUllamore, looks like 2 fighter jets accompanying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Just gone over stradbally two jets behind it

• Advertisement

2 pc9s. 1 of them just turned on the transponder and showed up on flightradar as EAGLE

Must be a training missing for the Air Corps.

I'm going with its a formation practice for the Bray Airshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

_dof_ wrote: »
    Just saw it around TUllamore, looks like 2 fighter jets accompanying it.

I'm next door to Tullamore in Clara. I heard unusual sound looked up and saw them also. Hadn't time to take a pic but also saw it on flight radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Was over me a few times in Portarlington, then headed to shannon, landed and straight back up again, presume it was training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wrex

On the app recently there are numerous listings late at night, mainly American Airlines to heathrow or Belfast with equipment listed as "RFS"

I do not think these are flights to be honest, but seem odd, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Wrex wrote: »
    On the app recently there are numerous listings late at night, mainly American Airlines to heathrow or Belfast with equipment listed as "RFS"

Road Freight Service?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Do the coastguard rescue helicopters use ADS-B? If so, how come they aren't visible on FR24?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

plodder wrote: »
    Do the coastguard rescue helicopters use ADS-B? If so, how come they aren't visible on FR24?

EI-ICS does. The rest are still on older MLAT based technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

plodder wrote: »

Sometimes they do but more usually they will use the AIS system so they are visible to seafarers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Growler!!! wrote: »
    Sometimes they do but more usually they will use the AIS system so they are visible to seafarers.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-5.4/centery:53.3/zoom:7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Wrex wrote: »

RFS is Road Freight Service, cargo comes in from one flight and is transferred by road to a different airport for an onward flight to a different destination

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

marno21 wrote: »
    EI-ICS does. The rest are still on older MLAT based technology

Just to be pedantic, the transponders aren't MLAT, they're Mode S. MLAT (Multilateration) is the technique that FlightRadar use to calculate the position based on the transponder's responses to ATC radars and other aircraft's TCAS systems.

This requires multiple FR24 receivers to pick up the same response, so they can compare the time the signal was received to calculate the position. Coast Guard helicopters generally fly fairly low, and so are unlikely to be in range of multiple receivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

faoiarvok wrote:
    Just to be pedantic, the transponders aren't MLAT, they're Mode S. MLAT (Multilateration) is the technique that FlightRadar use to calculate the position based on the transponder's responses to ATC radars and other aircraft's TCAS systems.

Just to be pedantic, that wasn't really being pedantic, it was correcting something and was informative 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Just to be pedantic, that wasn't really being pedantic, it was correcting something and was informative 😀

Fair enough, just trying to dull the nerdy, lecturing tone then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

All the Irish Coast Guard fleet become visible on FR24 once above a certain altitude, ive only ever notice this when they are 2,000ft & higher this of course is with the exception of EI-ICS which is visible all the time, other than that they are constantly visible on Marine Traffic with AIS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Can we expect some diversions and missed approaches this evening with the red warning ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Locker10a wrote: »
    Can we expect some diversions and missed approaches this evening with the red warning ?

Shannon has a TAF of 44kt gust 66kt from 300 degrees between 8pm and 10pm tonight which will as good as close the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

Perhaps the wrong thread but is anyone aware of any open feeds for ADS-B in ASTERIX CAT21 V0.26 ... I am testing some kit ? Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Anyone know what the TAF says for Dublin this evening,?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Whats this Fly Dubai plane doing, does anybody know?

https://www.flightradar24.com/FDB9031/204c2c04

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Whats this Fly Dubai plane doing, does anybody know?

https://www.flightradar24.com/FDB9031/204c2c04

Test flight after maintenance before going on to a new operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Well, EI 885, Malaga to Cork is sitting in the hold as winds in Cork are already out of limits.

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN885/204c1887

EI885 and FR908 now holding at Cork. Winds 230 28 gust 44.

EI3727 approaching runway 25 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dublin airport has go-arounds and no more approaches.

Switching to 16 perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement