Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Something Else
    Thanks

Have you found the source of that hilarious commentary on the Gaspar statement you posted?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lady Poepoe

I also really would like a proper read of this statement they put up. It seems like a quote from a blog so maybe that's why Monkiesocks isn't linking.
    The more people give links the easiler it is to hopefully stop the back and forth bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Who sent the word out and why?

Who cares. Every time someone spells out the obvious it's questioned with an acquisitional why. Nobody here knows why this happened. Only that it did. The parents hid her body to avoid loosing their twins. **** happens when you party naked. They took chances and got burned. We live and we move on. It is sad that justice for Madeline will never be served but that's life. In this case it seems the political backing the couple got was misjudged and irreversible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Tomw86 wrote: »

These are all theories - they could have happened and could not have. peoples opinions on this vary.

The abduction is also a THEORY.

So before you start attacking everyone who disagrees with you, take a deep breath, maybe 2 and consider a more reasonable response. You are ruining the threat for everyone and coming across as pretty stupid while doing so as you are not familiar with the case and are jumping in two footed on what people are saying without reading responses correctly!

One example of this is people never said it had to be the body in the car - but rather an item of clothing/material which came in contact with the body. You seem oblivious to this and never picked up on.

Again only a THEORY (you should probably actually google the meaning of that word before responding)!

This is what I'm talking about.
    chicorytip wrote: »
    British Intelligence (MI6) acting at the behest of it's political masters at the time i.e. senior cabinet members with the assistance of Leicstershire police and the Portuguese embassy in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Personally I think it is over now.

We can speculate and have arguments and so on but nothing will come of it anymore.

The only thing IMV that is true is that the parents were negligent. But then again they were never accused or convicted of that. Great that they were doctors, in the company of doctors and so on.

Anyway, will keep an eye on the thread, but to my mind it is over now.

Apart from the fate of the little child Madeleine.

• Advertisement

The abduction theory is clearly one that "falls to pieces within the first few sentences". We have evidence of this. The bedroom window and the roll down shutter which, as has been demonstrated in reconstructions, cannot be opened from the outside so therefore could not have been used as a point of entry by a kidnapper. The absence of fingerprints or other DNA on both the inside of the window and the inside of the shutter apart from just one - Kate McCanns. The complete absence of any similar material that could have belonged to an intruder in the room itself. The state of the bedroom as detectives first entered. It had what looked like a very carefully arranged appearance staged to make it appear as if an abduction had taken place. Kate Mc Cann's statement to the PJ and later re-enacted by her in a recorded reconstruction for TV that a strong gust of wind blown through the open bedroom window had caused the partially open door to almost slam in her face as she went to enter and check on the children. The weather reports for the exact period show that it was, in fact, a perfectly calm evening with no wind or gusts blowing.
    Amaral has been vilified and destroyed professionally by the British political, police and journalistic establishment purely for carrying out his job in a diligent fashion. The word went out. The McCann's must be found innocent, whatever it takes.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Nothing, absolutely nothing you mentioned in that long winded post is considered evidence or corroborates anything. It's just a load of hearsay and conjecture. I've been over the same points that I can't be bothered to do it again.

As for Amaral, did you know that he was made a formal suspect in a case that related to a missing child the day after Madeline McCann's disappearance!!!
    He also came up with the same theory that the missing child who has never been found, who he claims is dead, an opinion based on shaky DNA evidence (more shaky than the DNA evidence that other posters say implicate the McCann's). He also was of the opinion in that case that the child's body was kept in a fridge and disposed of weeks later. Any of this sound familiar to you???

Amaral, was sacked because he publicly criticised the UK police, not the other way around.

Personally I think it is over now.

We can speculate and have arguments and so on but nothing will come of it anymore.

The only thing IMV that is true is that the parents were negligent. But then again they were never accused or convicted of that. Great that they were doctors, in the company of doctors and so on.

Anyway, will keep an eye on the thread, but to my mind it is over now.

Apart from the fate of the little child Madeleine.

Careless and poor judgement Yes, negligent as in child neglect, No.
    They've publicly and the addressed the fact that they left the kids alone umpteen times. Something that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Their occupation is neither hear nor there.

Something Else
    The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Nothing, absolutely nothing you mentioned in that long winded post is considered evidence or corroborates anything.It's just a load of hearsay and conjecture. I've been over the same points that I can't be bothered to do it again. [/b]

As for Amaral, did you know that he was made a formal suspect in a case that related to a missing child the day after Madeline McCann's disappearance!!!He also came up with the same theory that the missing child who has never been found, who he claims is dead, an opinion based on shaky DNA evidence (more shaky than the DNA evidence that other posters say implicate the McCann's). He also was of the opinion in that case that the child's body was kept in a fridge and disposed of weeks later. Any of this sound familiar to you??? Amaral, was sacked because he publicly criticised the UK police, not the other way around.

Tbh theres little in that except a number of platitudes which have been constantly repeated at this stage. It remains many things have been discussed and remain controversial with a range of different views tbh.

I have to ask why the obsession with repeatedly thrashing Goncalo Goncalo Amaral btw? Is he that big of a bugbear that his name is constantly invoked as if it somehow negates the disappearance of the child?

What he did elsewhere is irrelevant to the basic facts of this case where a child was left alone in an apartment and disappeared from said apartment - allegedly whilst under the care of her parents.

I think everyone knows Amaral wrote a book to explain (in his words) what happened with that case. He has proposed a number of theories as to how the child could have inexplicably vanished. He also explains how the investigation went astray and various impacts of this. That is what it is. His role in the investigation has been thoroughly critically analysed imo.

In the interests of accuracy the 'facts' detailed are wrong. Amaral was not 'sacked'. He was removed from the case after criticising the British Police and their reluctance to only consider one line of inquiry. He later retired from the Police force. Amaral was replaced as the lead investigator in the case by Paulo Rebelo, the deputy national director of the Polícia Judiciária. The final report of the investigation under Paula Rebelo concluded that the child died as as a result of an accident which likley occured in the apartment.

And lastly would you detail exactly which posters claim that the DNA evidence implicate the McCann's?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Something Else
    As for Amaral, did you know that he was made a formal suspect in a case that related to a missing child the day after Madeline McCann's disappearance!!! He also came up with the same theory that the missing child who has never been found, who he claims is dead, an opinion based on shaky DNA evidence (more shaky than the DNA evidence that other posters say implicate the McCann's). He also was of the opinion in that case that the child's body was kept in a fridge and disposed of weeks later. Any of this sound familiar to you???

If that is the Joana Cipriano case you are referring his opinion proved to be entirely accurate because that's exactly what happened to the poor child. Her killers admitted murdering her, chopping up her remains and storing them in a freezer before burying them weeks later.

They've publicly and the addressed the fact that they left the kids alone umpteen times. Something that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Their occupation is neither hear nor there.

Oh I think it is important. And it seems they had the media descend on day one and had help that way to get them portrayed as the victims of an abduction. NO, the child was left along with her tiny siblings night after night. But if you think that is ok, fine.

My point was that the child is gone, the parents are responsible for leaving the eldest child alone along with the twins probably still in nappies and so on.

FFS doesn't bear thinking about.

• Advertisement

Oh I think it is important. And it seems they had the media descend on day one and had help that way to get them portrayed as the victims of an abduction. NO, the child was left along with her tiny siblings night after night. But if you think that is ok, fine.

My point was that the child is gone, the parents are responsible for leaving the eldest child alone along with the twins probably still in nappies and so on.

FFS doesn't bear thinking about.

Why is their occupation so important to you?

I can't speak for the parent but I expect their courtship of the media was to raise as much awareness as possible in an attempt to find their missing daughter. If your daughter was missing are you saying you would refuse media attention because it might make you look bad???

If that is the Joana Cipriano case you are referring to his opinion proved to be entirely accurate because that's exactly what happened to the poor child. Her killers admitted murdering her, chopping up her remains and storing them in a freezer before burying them weeks later.

They also said that they their confessions were coerced and one of the reasons why Amaral was made a formal suspect. `

Why don't you apply the same level of scepticism to Amaral as you do to the McCann's?

I can't speak for the parent but I expect their courtship of the media was to raise as much awareness as possible in an attempt to find their missing daughter. If your daughter was missing are you saying you would refuse media attention because it might make you look bad???

Calm down now. They appear to have had access to Government, Sky and all the rest of it within 12 hours.

I think I would have been picking up every stone in that area to try and find her, before engaging the media. But it happened, and very quickly!

Calm down now. They appear to have had access to Government, Sky and all the rest of it within 12 hours.

I think I would have been picking up every stone in that area to try and find her, before engaging the media. But it happened, and very quickly!

More "Government access" theories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Something Else

But they refused a child social worker from the uk who knew the area well and spoke the language , she offered her help but was refused. The mccanns come out of this sorry story looking like sneaky snakes ... maybe on Gerry’s deathbed he might let us in on the real story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Something Else
    They also said that they their confessions were coerced and one of the reasons why Amaral was made a formal suspect. `

A formal suspect for what? The murder itself?? He was accused of falsifying documentation in relation to the case - a charge that, to my knowledge, was not upheld. He had no direct role in the interrogation of the suspects who, by the way, happened to be the mother and uncle of the murdered girl. They had been conducting an incestuous relationship and had been seen having sex by Joana. They decided to kill her to prevent their secret from being exposed.
    Amaral did not purport the "freezer" theory in relation to Madeleine. That is something that has been speculated about by investigating journalists and people on internet forums such as this one. He is convinced that the McCann's are lying and that Madeleine died (accidentally) in the apartment.

gozunda wrote: »
    And lastly would you detail exactly which posters claim that the DNA evidence implicate the McCann's?

Thanks.

If the same DNA evidence yields a positive indication for a corpse proves Madelines DNA is present it strongly indicates moving of a body. The truth of the lie. It's actually crazy the truealle analysis hasn't yet been made public.

negligent as in child neglect, No.

The woman stating in the apartment above said they left Madeline crying for her father for an hour and 15 minutes. They also left the apartment unlocked and went in and out through the patio.

That's easily neglect. The fact that there was a night child minding service and they didn't use and the fact Kate checked the twins on the GCS scale tells you they medicated the children. They are very clearly guilty of child neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

e.

Child neglect absolutely Yes . Leaving three kids under 4 in an unlocked apartment accessable from a public road , not within hearing distance and unable to see the entrance . No question its neglect .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

OwlsZat wrote: »
    If the same DNA evidence yields a positive indication for a corpse proves Madeline DNA is present it strongly indicates moving of a body.

Fascinating

It's actually crazy the truealle analysis hasn't yet been made public

Have they done a test?

Operation Grange is an ongoing investigation, Scotland Yard won't be releasing anything of evidentiary value to the general public.

It would jeopardise any future trial.

Nothing from Portuguese Police either

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

The woman stating in the apartment above said they left Madeline crying for her father for an hour and 15 minutes. They also left the apartment unlocked and went in and out through the patio.

That's easily neglect. The fact that there was a night child minding service and they didn't use and the fact Kate checked the twins on the GCS scale tells you they medicated the children. They are very clearly guilty of child neglect.

A woman stating x and y in an complex full of families with children is hearsay.

I think you and many others misinterpret the meaning of child neglect, especially in a legal context. Careless, poor judgement, stupid, I would agree but child neglect it is not. Sorry.

Another example on this thread of an ill-informed ignorant opinion that has no basis in fact despite your overuse of the word.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Child neglect absolutely Yes . Leaving three kids under 4 in an unlocked apartment accessable from a public road , not within hearing distance and unable to see the entrance . No question its neglect .

No, it isn't. You don't understand the meaning of the word.

hawkelady wrote: »
    But they refused a child social worker from the uk who knew the area well and spoke the language , she offered her help but was refused. The mccanns come out of this sorry story looking like sneaky snakes ... maybe on Gerry’s deathbed he might let us in on the real story

They refused a social worker from the UK??? This is a new one, go on give the details and we'll just let the supporting tabloid story unravel.

Another example on this thread of an ill-informed ignorant opinion that has no basis in fact despite your overuse of the word.

You should be moderated to prevent your stupidity rubbing off on anyone.

Something Else
    They refused a social worker from the UK??? This is a new one, go on give the details and we'll just let the supporting tabloid story unravel.

Tristen Hissing Typhoon- would you at least go and research the PJ files before making uninformed comments such as that. It's not the first time. And no I'm not here to hand feed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No, it isn't. You don't understand the meaning of the word.

neglect
    /nɪˈɡlɛkt/
    verb
    fail to care for properly.
    "the old churchyard has been sadly neglected"
    synonyms: fail to look after, fail to care for, fail to provide for, leave alone, abandon; archaicforsake

gozunda wrote: »
    Tickers- would you at least go and research the PJ files before making uninformed comments such as that. It's not the first time. And no I'm not here to hand feed you.

I'm not interested in researching those file as they are fundamentally flawed and contaminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Something Else
    I'm not interested in researching those file as they are fundamentally flawed and contaminated.

You actually don't have a clue and again are making yourself look beyond stupid.

Definition of neglect;
    Child neglect is a form of child abuse, and is a deficit in meeting a child's basic needs, including the failure to provide adequate health care, supervision, clothing, nutrition, housing as well as their physical, emotional, social, educational and safety needs.

As you can see, the McCanns are guilty of one of the many forms of child neglect by their failure to provide adequate supervision and not meeting their safety needs.

Please can you advise where you think they did provide this?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, we've been down this neglect avenue already and it looks like it's going done the same path again.

I don't want to see that on the thread as it causes a train wreck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement