Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's the stuff.
    Well done Rory....Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

WideEnchantedBass-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hanging in yesterday and not letting a 'bad' day be worse was more like where needs to be than he actually is. Too often he's just let it get away from him on those days.

I hope this genuinely is the renaissance chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Where is Dav010

Must be down the local explaining to all the locals how Rory got back on top. "Get your money on him for a major", "could win 3 this year"

Joking of course

Who was saying he will never win a major ?

GreeBo - do an old multiquote for us.

For the laugh,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I guess the previous 5 tournaments were just preparation for this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fair feckin play to him

Dav doesnt post till Monday. Probably won't see him till Tuesday this time though

some Tuesday in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No chance in a major :D

No Bottle:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Be a few disappointed on here tonight. Unlucky lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That’s a very good victory for him. Plenty of question marks over his finishing off his tournaments lately and rightfully so but he managed his round today well.

Didn’t go all his own way and had to dig deep to get the win. His form has been very good and this win tops it all off now.

Great tournament anyway. Hurry on Augusta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Great result for Rory, delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Poor Tommy atill needs to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Rory isn't the type of guy to win 8-10 tournaments like Tiger was.

He's consistently shown throughout his career he wins 1 or 2 per year on average, so a streak isn't likely.

Wouldn't rule him out for the masters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Remarkable thing is his putting and short game won it for him. How many fairways he missed today? Driver was off yesterday too. Still won with a fair degree of authority, even if by just one stroke. Great victory for him.

That’s a very good victory for him. Plenty of question marks over his finishing off his tournaments lately and rightfully so but he managed his round today well.

Didn’t go all his own way and had to dig deep to get the win. His form has been very good and this win tops it all off now.

Great tournament anyway. Hurry on Augusta.

For all the talk of Rory not having bottle - he could get a lot from this in that his so called rivals , were brutal.

Jim Furyk in 2nd says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Where is Dav010

Must be down the local explaining to all the locals how Rory got back on top. "Get your money on him for a major", "could win 3 this year"

Joking of course

Who was saying he will never win a major ?

GreeBo - do an old multiquote for us.

For the laugh,

Played fantastic over 4 days, brilliant on last day,

definitely suits rory not to play in the last group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

Fair play to him and hope he can kick on from here even though it cost me €300 by laying him. It would be nice to see him win the Masters now. He's in some form this season.

Can't see live coverage.

Yuu don't see Rory's dad or mum around anymore ?

Pissartist wrote: »
    True but how many missed cuts aswell, same old story with Rory, great player, poor attitude.
    galwayllm wrote: »
    Just not at elite level, he can't live with them any more!

He's dropping into that second tier level of player!

Will my simple observation get me a warning of trolling!??????

This is what I think when I watch the guy.
    Rory is a bit of a bottler and not in the top 7/8 in the world for me anymore. He has peaked.
    He's #1 at botteling, he can have that! It's the only #1 he'll see for a very long time!
    Second is all he could hope for and is capable of!

Doubt he'll even win a top event again, and I hope he does not either.
    I'm not trolling, it's my opinion! And my opinion is as valid as anyone's on an open forum.

In my opinion Rory has peaked, he can't lead form the front as he's shown many many times!

He can turn it on when it's all but over for him. Great good job Rory!! Not!

He's not an elite golfer anymore!

And I'm delighted.... Anyone but Rory for me!

He's an elite Bottler!
    Pissartist wrote: »
    I can see him have another choke Sunday on the hard dry greens, I fancy tommy or Day

Just for you, fix ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

He really could take a lot from this. Jason Day as well is slowly coming back into form. Tommy Fleetwood though wow he should win a major or to in the next few years.

He really could take a lot from this. Jason Day as well is slowly coming back into form. Tommy Fleetwood though wow he should win a major or to in the next few years.

There are lots of rumour about of Day has serious back issues although its hard to know what to believe tbh.

Had the injection before start of the tournament and played great stuff tee to green firat few days and not so much the last few. Also hard to read anything into that either.

But if he came back close to his best T2G his short game is elite and he'd be an animal to beat again.

Well done to Rory good solid battling performance in tricky enough conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great paddy's day.

Fair play great great finish. Getting into position time and time again it was bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr Devious

Fair phucks to him for winning but for me his putting is still his Achilles heel, its wasn’t really questioned today thanks to Fleetwood Rahm etc not firing on the day. The only ones who challenged him were 6 to 8 shots behind at the start of play, I’m still unconvinced with McIllroy with the putter when the pressure is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Well done to Rory,hope he can carry it in to the Masters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Fair phucks to him for winning but for me his putting is still his Achilles heel, its wasn’t really questioned today thanks to Fleetwood Rahm etc not firing on the day. The only ones who challenged him were 6 to 8 shots behind at the start of play, I’m still unconvinced with McIllroy with the putter when the pressure is on.

Wow.

Dr Devious wrote: »

lemon.jpg

Also back to back wins for Rory on St.Patricks day weekends

And he wore green at Bay Hill last year :D

• Advertisement

And the nationality of St. Patrick is one of great scholarly debate and intriguing discovery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement