Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The last update caused issues to everyone.

They still haven't fixed it.
    So hue recommended to change to London and this brings everything back to normal.

Remarkable programming to get Dublin wrong but London right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

rob w wrote: »
    All4hue is another choice for android. I've used that myself and have done similar to what you require.

Thanks. Pretty complicated app. Happy to spend the time getting up to speed with it. Presume the best way to do so is to Sep up some behaviours via Hue App and then amend, learn from how this translates into all4hue language.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Is there going to be a White only version of the floodlight does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Is there going to be a White only version of the floodlight does anyone know?

Yes according to hue website will be. I'd have no interest in the colour one unless they were all the same price obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Thanks. Pretty complicated app. Happy to spend the time getting up to speed with it. Presume the best way to do so is to Sep up some behaviours via Hue App and then amend, learn from how this translates into all4hue language.

Yeah it's pretty complex alright, they certainly make no attempt to simplify anything either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Yeah it's pretty complex alright, they certainly make no attempt to simplify anything either.

Yeah I agree, but as mentioned the best thing to do is programme it with hue and then modify the settings in All4hue.

That's what I did, took a while but all works now!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

My hue bridge stopped working on Friday, the main power was turned off, since turning the power back on, i've only 1 light on the bridge now, the power light.

I've tried different ethernet cables but nothing seems to work,

has this happened to anyone else, has anyone any ideas please?

My hue bridge stopped working on Friday, the main power was turned off, since turning the power back on, i've only 1 light on the bridge now, the power light.

I've tried different ethernet cables but nothing seems to work,

has this happened to anyone else, has anyone any ideas please?

Power cut might have reset the whole bridge. I'd do a full reset and set up as new hopefully there has been no lasting damage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My 11 out of the 12 ikea bulbs lost the connection to the bridge. I tried rebooting everything but no luck. Is there a way to rejoin them without having to do the pairing from scratch?

jones wrote: »
    Power cut might have reset the whole bridge. I'd do a full reset and set up as new hopefully there has been no lasting damage

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've tried to rest it and nothing happen, all I've got is blue light saying there's power

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've tried to rest it and nothing happen, all I've got is blue light saying there's power

Sounds like it's dead?

jones wrote: »
    Sounds like it's dead?

Have no clue to be honest, the power light comes in and off when plugged in and out as it should, but it won't do anything else. Have switched cables, tried hard rest but nothing seems to get any other to blink at all.

I got on to amazon chat last night, even though I bought the bridge on October 2017,they are sending me out a replacement no questions asked, they just would like me to send my original back, great customer service!

I got on to amazon chat last night, even though I bought the bridge on October 2017,they are sending me out a replacement no questions asked, they just would like me to send my original back, great customer service!

Yeah amazon have great customer service

got my new bridge and all 3 lights are on, problem is it cant find any of my lights.

As my old bridge wasnt working, i'd deleted it from the app.

Anyone know what i've to do next, some of my bulbs are hue and others are ikea tradfri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

got my new bridge and all 3 lights are on, problem is it cant find any of my lights.

Anyone know what i've to do next, some of my bulbs are hue and others are ikea tradfri

I think you need to get serial number form bulbs and use in the add light section in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I believe that you technically need the old hub before replacing it. Of course in your case this was not possible. I think you can do it by finding the bulbs but adding the serial number for each bulb in time. The ikea ones will have to be reset.

Join Ireland Weather Network

thanks, i managed to add them back in but cant seemt o be able to reset the ikea spotlight bulbs, flicking them on and off is doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

thanks, i managed to add them back in but cant seemt o be able to reset the ikea spotlight bulbs, flicking them on and off is doing nothing

You will need to manually add

I can't seem to be able to manually reset the ikea light so that I can add them back in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I can't seem to be able to manually reset the ikea light so that I can add them back in

I had a few on my hue hub. Drove me nuts. It is getting the timing of the off/on 6 times right

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement

If I buy the tradfi bridge, will I be able to reset them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If I buy the tradfi bridge, will I be able to reset them?

You'd be able to connect them to the Ikea bridge, but not Hue.

You'll need to completely reset them (the switch on-off repeatedly thing) to get them to connect to Hue. It is a pain IME and I gave up on mine and just replaced them with Hue ones.

Sorry to harp on about the outdoor Hue floodlights but i am looking to get the white only floodlights and the specs say its 2300 lumens in brightness.
    Does anyone know how bright this actually is? I am reading mixed things online about it but seems to be bright enough for my needs just wondering would it replace a 500w halogen light with comparable brightness.

bk wrote: »
    You'd be able to connect them to the Ikea bridge, but not Hue.

You'll need to completely reset them (the switch on-off repeatedly thing) to get them to connect to Hue. It is a pain IME and I gave up on mine and just replaced them with Hue ones.

Thanks for the reply, do you know if I connect them to the ikea bridge, if I can reset them through their bridge, so that I can then try find them on the hue again?

Also, if I bought the ikea bridge and had them connected to ikea bridge, can I still link them simultaneously to Google assistant with my hue bulbs so that I can use voice to turn on/off lights like previously?

So for example, kitchen hue lights connected to hue bridge and ikea lights connected to ikea Bridge could be turned on as if they were all under the hue bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Not sure if it's news for everyone, but I just noticed in Amazon uk that we can buy the Niko and Vimar hue switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Hi all,
    I recently moved houses and I'm having issues reconnecting my phone to my Hue bridge v2 (square box). Philips customer support is taking a very long time to reply (it's been 10 days since I've opened a ticket) so I thought I'd try my luck here… I've read back 20-25 pages in the thread to look for similar problems/solutions but couldn’t find anything that works.
    The issue:
    - When I launch the app on my iPhone it searches for the bridge, it finds it, it asks me to push the big button and then it connects
    - The app then goes to a page that says the bridge needs to update. I can only click on "update", there is no way to get out of it. I click on update, the progress bar barely gets moving (maybe 5-10%) and then a pop-up says that the app has lost connection to the bridge. It then brings me back to the initial page where it searches for the bridge, and I'm stuck in this loop
    - The 4 lights on the bridge are on. In my initial conversation with Philips they told that the hardware seems to be working so it must be a software issue.
    Things I've tried so far:
    - Power cycle the bridge (30 secs unplugged)
    - Factory reset with the pin hole in the back
    - Un-installed and re-installed the app
    - Tried connecting with the old version of the app (the one that shows the circular bridge in the logo)
    - Checked that I'm on the same router frequency on the phone and bridge (I only have 2.4ghz active on my Virgin white router)

Does anything come to mind that I've missed or should I just wait for Philips to tell me my bridge is toast?
    Thanks in advance

The last thing to try before contacting Philips would to be to hook it up to an ethernet cable and try the update that way

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

The last thing to try before contacting Philips would to be to hook it up to an ethernet cable and try the update that way

sorry, maybe I'm not understanding you... it is connected to an Ethernet cable straight into the modem/router

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    sorry, maybe I'm not understanding you... it is connected to an Ethernet cable straight into the modem/router

Ok,mistook your post with regards both devices being on the same 2.4 network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have you tried a complete reboot, turn all electronics off, such as phones, WiFi, tablets etc.

Then reset the bridge and start from scratch.

Advertisement