Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Davy wrote: »
    If you had an Echo Plus as the bridge, would the harmony control it then?

Nope, you need a Hue bridge

Edit, you may get some basic functionality but no app, colours or scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

bk wrote:
    Do you mean without the PHilips Hue Bridge? Then no, the harmony hub needs to "talk" to the Hue bridge to control Hue lights.

No with the hue bridge but when I connect all 11 hue bulbs and 33 scenes go onto remote I only wanted the 2 bulbs that are in my sitting room where I use the remote!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No with the hue bridge but when I connect all 11 hue bulbs and 33 scenes go onto remote I only wanted the 2 bulbs that are in my sitting room where I use the remote!

You can set Hue up so the remote will work only for a certain room (maximum of 3 rooms), so just create a ‘room’ with the 2 bulbs you want to control with the remote.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

And if you have a Harmony Elite Remote you can control individual lights with the dedicated buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

bk wrote:
    And if you have a Harmony Elite Remote you can control individual lights with the dedicated buttons.

Didn't stretch that far, got the ultimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

One of the candle colour blubs I bought on black Friday seems to have given up the ghost. What's best way to get replaced? Contact Amazon or Philips?

One of the candle colour blubs I bought on black Friday seems to have given up the ghost. What's best way to get replaced? Contact Amazon or Philips?

Amazon, their customer service is amazing if you bought direct from them, they'll ship you a new one immediately, you'll have 30 days to return the faulty one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Agreed I was actually stunned at how good there customer service is

My Hue Go seems to change colours by itself, anyone have that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My Hue Go seems to change colours by itself, anyone have that issue?

Hold the button on the bottom to reset.

Then press once quickly to turn on again and use phone or tablet.

• Advertisement

Cheers, is it an issue or a setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Nothing like the wake up routine coming on at 02:50 when it is set for 07:00 :eek: Woken this morning with the gentle fade in of the lights thinking it is time to get up and waiting for the radio to kick in to only look at the clock at see it is 10 to 3!!!

Is there anywhere it says what time Hue is running at, region set to Dublin ok so assuming all is ok.

Did have an update on the hub yesterday and not sure if this had anything to do with it, don't want the same tomorrow morning...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I'm having the exact same issue, we have a light on at night that switches off at sunrise but woke up today at 6:30 with that light off, also have a couple of sensors to switch on lights that didn't switch on lights even that when looking in the app shows as Motion detected, I setup a couple is Routines to test but nothing happens.

My region is also setup as Dublin and also did an update to the hue bridge yesterday, so I think that upgrade broke something

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

nava wrote: »
    also have a couple of sensors to switch on lights that didn't switch on lights even that when looking in the app shows as Motion detected, I setup a couple is Routines to test but nothing happens.

Same for me, I have two sensors and one works all the time the other 50/50. both are set to only work at night time with same time frame for both and like you said app is showing motion being detected.

Light is working fine tap the app to turn it on and its on straight away so no issue with the light.

djivide_ wrote: »
    Same for me, I have two sensors and one works all the time the other 50/50. both are set to only work at night time with same time frame for both and like you said app is showing motion being detected.

Light is working fine tap the app to turn it on and its on straight away so no issue with the light.

Lots of people with same issues about it in Twitter, Philips are investigating for now if you set region to London it works ok, I did a test just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

THE ALM wrote: »
    Nothing like the wake up routine coming on at 02:50 when it is set for 07:00 :eek: Woken this morning with the gentle fade in of the lights thinking it is time to get up and waiting for the radio to kick in to only look at the clock at see it is 10 to 3!!!

Is there anywhere it says what time Hue is running at, region set to Dublin ok so assuming all is ok.

Did have an update on the hub yesterday and not sure if this had anything to do with it, don't want the same tomorrow morning...

Same thing happened me. OH woke me up telling me to fix it. Not ideal. Hopefully it's fixed quickly. I also updated yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

seems an issue alright, will change to London and see how we get on otherwise there will be ructions..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anyone had issues with lights being intermittently unresponsive even though they are a few feet from lights that are fine?

Rew wrote: »
    Anyone had issues with lights being intermittently unresponsive even though they are a few feet from lights that are fine?

Yes I get that sometimes, but even when you see that the light will go on/off when using the app of switch

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes I get that sometimes, but even when you see that the light will go on/off when using the app of switch

Yep, I saw the same happen during the week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mine will fail to go on or off sometimes but the big one is when i adjust the colour it wont change sometimes even when I can turn it on and off

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The past week I'm having issues where random lights just don't follow routines. Today none came on, but could manually put them on via the app. Anybody else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

antodeco wrote: »
    The past week I'm having issues where random lights just don't follow routines. Today none came on, but could manually put them on via the app. Anybody else having issues?

Yeap, you're not alone

The Hue app gave me a pop up warning me about the region issues in the latest software

The Hue app gave me a pop up warning me about the region issues in the latest software

Yeah me too this morning. Missed how it says to set it to London. Can't find it in the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

antodeco wrote: »

Yeah me too this morning. Missed how it says to set it to London. Can't find it in the settings

Go to settings then hue bridges. Then click the i beside your bridge.
    Now just set the timezone to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I had to do this, I had a few mins of head scratching when I came home yesterday and my nightlight kept coming on.

Go to settings then hue bridges. Then click the i beside your bridge.
    Now just set the timezone to London.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Had issues 3 days in a row where routined lights in hall and living room shut off at about 7pm,the change of timezone to London last night and no problems today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

I have all my ceiling lights changed to hue so want to go adding light strips now.

I've three shelves 1100mm long x 400 deep with a vertical gap of 700 between each and a double socket below the bottom one. I'd like to have a strip on each shelf so do I need:

1 x 2m lightstrip (are there 1m ones available?)
    2 x 1m extension cables
    2 x 1m lightstrip extensions

Or is there an easier way of setting this up?

Advertisement