Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I noticed also that my light routines were acting odd since about Thursday or Friday last week (Friday my 'wake up' lights never came on). Saw the same pop-up in the Hue app, changed to London timezone (was Dublin), and all seems fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Seems odd the timezone thing happened considering Dublin and london are in the same timezone ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

A320 wrote: »
    Had issues 3 days in a row where routined lights in hall and living room shut off at about 7pm,the change of timezone to London last night and no problems today

Very same happend to me, All lights went out...I was wondering if id entered a routine or something in my sleep but there was nothing...I havn't changed my settings or nothing as i wasn't at home that time over the weekend so ill find out this evening if its still an issue or not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jones wrote: »
    Seems odd the timezone thing happened considering Dublin and london are in the same timezone ha

Brexit preparations :D

In all seriousness, with the EU proposals to end the yearly time change for summer time, we may end up out of sync.

Actually strictly speaking we aren't in the same timezone, we are both in GMT in Winter, but in summer they go to British Summer Time (BST), while we go to Irish Standard Time (IST). It currently ends up being the same thing, but strictly they are coming from different directions, as in:

Our "normal" timezone is Irish Standard Time, which we experience during the summer and then we go "back" an hour to GMT in winter.

In the UK, their "normal" time is GMT and they go "forward" to BST in summer.

Sorry, probably more info then you wanted :) But interesting bit of history and might explain why Hue is experiencing a difference between Dublin and London setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got pop up message on the app to change settings to London

Had routine set up for random lights while out over the weekend but it didn't work. Not sure if it's to do with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Got pop up message on the app to change settings to London

Had routine set up for random lights while out over the weekend but it didn't work. Not sure if it's to do with this?

Yea I had the issue pop up on my app also tonight (attached) and notice that the lights had turned off in my room (rest of the house isint hue) so issue still there for Dublin time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

My bedside lamp has been coming on (in a different colour setting) much earlier than my scheduled wake-up time. the wake-up time setting is working correctly.

I changed my timezone to London last week. I will delete the wake-up schedule and try a new setting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

How do you change the time zone? I can’t find it in the app. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

2011 wrote: »
    How do you change the time zone? I can’t find it in the app. Thanks.

Go into settings, select hue bridge then hit info icon at far right.

Scroll down to time zone.

Select London

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I'm having trouble deleting rooms from the app (Android). It will give me the delete button but it never completes and it will not return to the home page. There are no devices associated with the rooms, so nothing to affect...

Anybody got a workaround?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Something weird about my sensors at the moment. Hallway and landing were set to activate bright until about midnight. Now they're only coming on as dimmed. I've not changed anything in the settings and routines are for other stuff. No clue what's going on. Software update installed yesterday.

Something weird about my sensors at the moment. Hallway and landing were set to activate bright until about midnight. Now they're only coming on as dimmed. I've not changed anything in the settings and routines are for other stuff. No clue what's going on. Software update installed yesterday.

Did you do time zone change.

If not go into settings, select hue bridge, press i icon on right go down to time zone and select London.

Then be best do a turn off then on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks, punisher. It was set to Dublin. I had not been at it, so dunno why it went astray. Setting it to London put things back to normal.

Thanks, punisher. It was set to Dublin. I had not been at it, so dunno why it went astray. Setting it to London put things back to normal.

The last update caused issues to everyone.

They still haven't fixed it.
    So hue recommended to change to London and this brings everything back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hi,,does anyone know if there are Phillips hue E14 or equivalent available in a smaller than the standard 117mm length. Have wall lamps that require less than 100mm size due to fixing brackets.
    Thanks in advance.

The last update caused issues to everyone.

They still haven't fixed it.
    So hue recommended to change to London and this brings everything back to normal.

Where do people generally complain? I didn't notice anything, I'm not on social media, mind you.

Where do people generally complain? I didn't notice anything, I'm not on social media, mind you.

On boards I seen quite a few and some were on the Twitter.....

There is another hue thread in this section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Hmm, after changing to London timezone, I just got the timezone issues message again, suggesting I change to London. Double checked, and yep, still London... odd...
    And yeah, been noticing the same timing mix ups the last day or so. On London time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

On a dimmer switch, is it possible to change the dimming button to work as on/off for a subset of the lights that the switch is operating?I couldn't find anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

AstraMonti wrote: »
    On a dimmer switch, is it possible to change the dimming button to work as on/off for a subset of the lights that the switch is operating?I couldn't find anything like that.

Yes but you need to use either iconnecthue on iOS or all4hue on Android to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

AstraMonti wrote: »

You could just set up a scene which has the all the lights configured as you need them. You don't have to have all the lights turned on in a scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You could just set up a scene which has the all the lights configured as you need them. You don't have to have all the lights turned on in a scene.

I feel a bit dumb that I didn't think about this, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ignore!

Many of you using the hue motion sensor outside? Was looking at getting the hue floodlights so was thinking I could try the normal motion sensor outside as it's cheaper than the soon to be released outdoor one.

On a related issue is there anyway to get the hue floodlight bulb without buying the whole floodlight? I would need 6 of them (i could get away with 4) but even still the price is insane 109 sterling per floodlight on Amazon at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Many of you using the hue motion sensor outside? Was looking at getting the hue floodlights so was thinking I could try the normal motion sensor outside as it's cheaper than the soon to be released outdoor one.

On a related issue is there anyway to get the hue floodlight bulb without buying the whole floodlight? I would need 6 of them (i could get away with 4) but even still the price is insane 109 sterling per floodlight on Amazon at the moment.

I'd rather spend the little extra and buy the outdoor one than have the indoor get broken because of water.

TitianGerm wrote:
    I'd rather spend the little extra and buy the outdoor one than have the indoor get broken because of water.

Yeah was thinking that but I've heard a lot of people use the indoor one's outside so just wondering how weather proof they are.

Probably just get the outdoor whenever I get the floodlights sorted. Suppose that's my real question ha

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah was thinking that but I've heard a lot of people use the indoor one's outside so just wondering how weather proof they are.

Probably just get the outdoor whenever I get the floodlights sorted. Suppose that's my real question ha

I think they have decent shelter for them. I can't imagine them lasting to long in the Irish weather outside in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm having a senior moment....

I have hall stairs landing lights now. I have a dimmer switch in hall and landing.

I want dimmer to be able to control up to all three, i.e. on click of upstairs dimmer turns on landing, two turns on landing and hall etc. That means all three need to be in a single "room", and I link single/double/etc click on switches to recipes.

Is there a way to have the lights in separate rooms and still have control of them the way I want? Only 2 rooms can be linked to a switch us8ng Hue app.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If you have an iPhone or iPad, you will want to get the third party app, iConnectHue, it will allow you to do this sort of more advanced setup and it is well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

bk wrote: »
    If you have an iPhone or iPad, you will want to get the third party app, iConnectHue, it will allow you to do this sort of more advanced setup and it is well worth it.

All4hue is another choice for android. I've used that myself and have done similar to what you require.

Advertisement