Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When you buy a new chocolate bar and it wasn't as great as you thought it would be

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have I just gone down in your estimation!!

��

Ahh no of course not :)

adds iamwhoiam name too the black notebook :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I only spoke of what I hear in west Cork as have other posters mentioned too . Maybe its a gaeltacht area use
    I have no idea why you have a problem with people who call their mother Mom also writting that as Mom ?
    My nieces from West Cork text me and mention their Mom . No clue as to why shouldn't ?

It just seems so American. American expressions, spellings and accents just annoy me - trivially, of course!

I owe you an apology as I never considered Cork outside the city :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't like the words gaff, gatt, sambo, Chrimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I bought some nice looking brown soda bread today, I'm having some with a cuppa and it's almost tasteless, disappointed.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Goodigal wrote: »
    Martin Sheen's veneers in Netflix's Grace and Frankie - they distract me so much!!

Neil Prendeville's gnashers :D - he seems very proud of them :rolleyes: - I find them, and him, so annoying when he is on with Maura and Daithí.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Today work! Everything just piled up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Minding my littlest niece this evening and she has been asking for “blue on blue” for the last hour and I’ve no idea what she’s saying. I can’t text her mam as she’s in a meeting and my dancing isn’t working at distracting her.

Bear in the big blue house tv show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When you can hear someones mouth while they're speaking on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Take the surname Coughlan.
    It's pronounced different in different parts of Cork.
    Some people don't even relies it's the same surname.
    PS it doesn't annoy me.

That just brought back a childhood memory ! We had neighbours called Coughlan . My mam called them the Cocklans , my dad called them the Cawlans ! As a child I couldn't figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That just brought back a childhood memory ! We had neighbours called Coughlan . My mam called them the Cocklans , my dad called them the Cawlans ! As a child I couldn't figure it out

Where I'm from it's Cocklan and in the city it's Cawlan.
    We had a local up in court wit the surname Coughlan and RTE news called her Cawlan and not many coped on to who she was but then they called her Cocklan at another appearance in court and they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Your Face wrote: »
    When you can hear someones mouth while they're speaking on the radio.

Like Ray Darcy's back slurp when he's talking? gick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Minding my littlest niece this evening and she has been asking for “blue on blue” for the last hour and I’ve no idea what she’s saying. I can’t text her mam as she’s in a meeting and my dancing isn’t working at distracting her.

It’s military speak for friendly fire. She’s pre-warning you that she’s about to injure you.

That or she has discovered one of the worst TV shows ever, the boy band Blue discussing the colour Blue.

I’d be flicking on Netflix and moving through her options there if I were you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Blueberry pancakes with blueberry jam? (Droooooooooooooooooooooooool............)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

selous wrote: »

Disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It’s military speak for friendly fire. She’s pre-warning you that she’s about to injure you.

That or she has discovered one of the worst TV shows ever, the boy band Blue discussing the colour Blue.

I’d be flicking on Netflix and moving through her options there if I were you!

BBC Family Fun Pack is your friend.

Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom is a good back up.

Got this sour taste in my mouth and my gums are all sensitive and my teeth feel sore. Have had it a few days now. Might be brave and google the symptoms later.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Acid reflux? Ebola? The Black Death? Leprosy? All equally plausible. :p

New Home wrote: »
    Acid reflux? Ebola? The Back Death? Leprosy? All equally plausible. :p

Definitely when you're dealing with doctor Google......

I forgot to mention aliens.

New Home wrote: »
    I forgot to mention aliens.

They're infecting the human race as we speak - it's their way of conquering us.

We must stand up for ourselves

TAKE LEMSIP :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

RMAOK wrote: »

AND FLAT 7-UP :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

AND FLAT 7-UP :mad:

I will leave my watch collection to you CH. No need to prematurely kill me with flat 7 up though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The Healy Rae's. It sickens my sh!te to listen to them at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

selous wrote: »

Anything like that really.

The fella I heard today, you could hear his mouth before he actually said anything.

RMAOK wrote: »
    They're infecting the human race as we speak - it's their way of conquering us.

We must stand up for ourselves

I, for one, welcome our new reptilian overlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

The Healy Rae's. It sickens my sh!te to listen to them at this stage.

I've got to agree...as a Kerryman I just want these muppets to be swallowed by a sinkhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Auto is sad :( that's my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bought a bar of cadburys with dime bar. Brought it home. Brought it into the house. Put it...... somewhere? I really wanted it too.... :(

• Advertisement

Your coat pocket? The fridge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement