Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

New Home wrote: »
    ^^^
    Apt user name, if I may say so. :D

:pac:

Please get what show my username is referencing or I’ll be :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

:pac:

Please get what show my username is referencing or I’ll be :(.

A show? Thought you were doing a Wu Tang Clan homage to the late, ODB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

One of the worst developments in the mobile phone world was the 'inclusive' or 'free' texts. If they were 20 or 30 cents a go people wouldn't spend their day annoying you with you with one or two word texts. :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

One of the worst developments in the mobile phone world was the 'inclusive' or 'free' texts. If they were 20 or 30 cents a go people wouldn't spend their day annoying you with you with one or two word texts. :D

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ok

:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who can't cook, put petrol in a car, close a door, spell, swim, light a fire. Basically anyone who is mammied to within an inch of their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just finished sewing a really fiddly piece on a top I am making, only to find there was no thread in the bobbin from about half way around :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just finished sewing a really fiddly piece on a top I am making, only to find there was no thread in the bobbin from about half way around :mad:

Thats as bad as discovering a dropped stitch in knitting about 20 rows back !

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stomach bug and period at the same time.

Brb praying for death's warm embrace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The name Finn or Fintan irritates me for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

American talk by Irish people. Twidder, budder etc. The other day in a shop I overheard someone say "cellphone". Cringe. Won't be long til we hear children "ax my mom can I use her cell phone to order some corn dogs and egg nog"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA that some of the threads are glitching again .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Littlewoods.
    I contacted then about a parcel that hadn't arrived to get into my account they asked me to confirm certain digits of my phone number and eircode.
    They then said the parcel wasn't delivered because I hadn't an eircode on my account/delivery address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

TA'd at myself that I'm sitting here starving for some food, but I'm too lazy to get up and do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Any irish person that refers to their mother as 'mom'.

Ma, mammy , ole doll , mam , all acceptable but 'mom'? Feck off with that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ma, mammy , ole doll , mam , all acceptable but 'mom'? Feck off with that ****e.

Mom is used in Cork and has been for donkeys years .

A show? Thought you were doing a Wu Tang Clan homage to the late, ODB

No, it’s from one of my favourite lines of dialogue in ‘Breaking Bad’, after Walt has cooked up another one of his bullshït breakfasts. Skylar loses the rag at him and shouts: “No more excuses, no more apologies, no more of these... these obvious desperate breakfasts!”.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Depending on which child is talking to me , I can be Ma , Mam , Mom .

TA , people not driving slow enough on the treacherous roads .

No, it’s from one of my favourite lines of dialogue in ‘Breaking Bad’, after Walt has cooked up another one of his bullshït breakfasts. Skylar loses the rag at him and shouts: “No more excuses, no more apologies, no more of these... these obvious desperate breakfasts!”.

Never seen it... prefer my guess :D

Never seen it... prefer my guess :D

Well, yours was an understandable one! My hubs is big into the Wu Tang Clan so it was entirely possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d that I’m starting work at 6am on Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was doing a handy dinner tonight, pizza, wedges and garlic slices. As usual I put on too much and am brewing a nosebleed looking at the leftovers. Pizza will likely get eaten tomorrow but not the wedges and garlic slices :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My back is itchy, right in the spot I cant scratch. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TG1 wrote: »
    My back is itchy, right in the spot I cant scratch. :(

Edge of a door frame will solve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I can’t drink a bottle of water in peace without my dog crying at my feet waiting for the empty bottle to play with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

People arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anniversary of Beast from the East; why was it that people went crazy for Brennan's Bread? It's not even a very good bread. Bog standard doughy white sliced pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I put on the Robbie Williams programme on TG4 to sing along with the old songs, but he's turned into Daniel O'Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

or an Irish person who refers to their mother as mum. We're not English, you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I say mum. If I said ole doll I’d get a well deserved clip around the ear. That’suggests a neediness to me.
    Not a big fan of “the folks” either, or when used as a greeting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement