Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I have 2 nearly 8 week old puppies here. Such little cuties but Jesus my house is wrecked. They are playing outside now & the peace

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Puppies and kittens are the biggest aid to tidiness ever.. With my 3 new young cats it is food I have to lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It would have been Dudes 6th birthday today :( bittersweet, but the lady who took over bottle feeding them for me, and who kept his two sisters, sent me on pictures of them today. They are two absolute beauties, the picture of health!
    Still think a paper bag with 4 teeny tiny two day old kittens was the most interesting valentines present I ever got!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Yeah Oh has agreed to let me keep Esmae!!!! But no more animals... at least for a few years...turns out she's 8 mos... so only a pup. She really is stunning. I love Mr C to bits, but I forgot how nice it is to walk with a well heeled in tandem pure pet of a dog. She reminds me in many ways of my childhood best friend Abi, our Shelti. Also she's having quiet a calming effect on Mr C, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Knine wrote: »
    I have 2 nearly 8 week old puppies here. Such little cuties but Jesus my house is wrecked. They are playing outside now & the peace

How can two tiny puppies wreck your house :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););):D:D

Photos please - of the puppies, not the house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know if or where I can buy treats/chews that have protein in?
    Madam is eating her body weight in chicken, cause her instincts are telling her she needs to build health muscle(so says vet),I want to avoid having to feed her more meat.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

It's Teddy's birthday today. He's 7 already and it only seems like yesterday that I brought home my little shy fluffy puppy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know if or where I can buy treats/chews that have protein in?
    Madam is eating her body weight in chicken, cause her instincts are telling her she needs to build health muscle(so says vet),I want to avoid having to feed her more meat.

Why do you need to avoid meat?! I get treats on zooplus/jr pet products... but they’re all dried meat or furry ears etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

tk123 wrote: »
    Why do you need to avoid meat?! I get treats on zooplus/jr pet products... but they’re all dried meat or furry ears etc

Thanks.
    She wouldn't eat it everyday and so it goes off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

:(:( Bailey is going in to get his 4th upper molar removed this morning... very worried. I'll stay when he's being sedated but he knows a needle in his bum is coming and is also hangry from fasting so.. just worried :( Also the fact that last time he had anything done with his gum/teeth a chunk of jaw was removed a few weeks later! :eek: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote:
    Bailey is going in to get his 4th upper molar removed this morning... very worried. I'll stay when he's being sedated but he knows a needle in his bum is coming and is also hangry from fasting so.. just worried Also the fact that last time he had anything done with his gum/teeth a chunk of jaw was removed a few weeks later!

Hope everything is going/had gone ok for him!

We’re just home! Everything went fine and just the one tooth removed. I still feel sick because I was feeling sick with worry all day lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote:
    We’re just home! Everything went fine and just the one tooth removed. I still feel sick because I was feeling sick with worry all day lol

And you won't sleep tonight because you'll still be worrying! I often wonder do they have any inkling of what they put us through.
    Glad everything went ok.

We’re just home! Everything went fine and just the one tooth removed. I still feel sick because I was feeling sick with worry all day lol :o

Oh goodness, poor Bailey and you. Hope he feels better soon.

Well Bailey the divil is doing fine! Not a bother on him in fact except he doesn't understand why I keep trying to interrupt his important work of chewing sticks and eating muck (he has stitches!)! :p We do physio at home and I had noticed that he wasn't tracking my hand when I held a treat to his nose and moved it from side to side (we want his head going up/down/left/right to shift his weight and stretch his muscles)- more he was kind of avoiding my hand on that side or ever so slightly moving his head away - thats what prompted me to check his tooth again and ask the nurses about it when he was in for his weekly physio. Well.. he had the tooth out on fri and we tried some work with paws up on the tree stumps in the park on Monday - his nose was glued to my hand moving left and right :) ... then to my dismay they pulled the stumps out yesterday :(

Esmae fell asleep while we were waiting for a crosswalk on our way home. Poor thing must have been exhausted...

em_cat wrote: »
    Esmae fell asleep while we were waiting for a crosswalk on our way home. Poor thing must have been exhausted...

At least you can carry her! Lucy used to try and lie down for a nap on walks when she was a pup :p

At least you can carry her! Lucy used to try and lie down for a nap on walks when she was a pup :p

Oh goddd my arms are so tired!!! She’s only 3.5 kg, but in my head that’s 3.5 bags of sugar...Our Shih tzu use to lay down & sleep if I stopped and chatted.

Esmae likes to clean herself randomly while we are walking & i’m freaking out cause she’s just started her heat cycle and I’ve never had an intact female before and the internet has me terrified...

Glad Baily is doing better, stinks his stumps got removed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

https://www.thejournal.ie/carlow-farmer-animal-cruelty-4508103-Feb2019/

Nice to see the couple who ran the puppy farm in carlow got a decent sentence, I would've liked to see a longer jail sentence but better than the norm. Same lad was behind that untouchable dodgy dog registry that was floating about around 10 years ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Our lovely tortie Ruby was a bit off for a few days, Thursday night/Friday morning she went down hill rapidly, took her to vet Friday morning, massive infection, no idea of source, loads of IV meds, Saturday afternoon she was coming home when we got a call she'd taken a turn for the worse. She had pneumonia and got the dreaded call last night she's gone.
    She was shouting at me and rolling on the sofa for a cuddle on Tuesday night, she wasn't even 6. My daughter is heartbroken, Ruby slept in her bed and followed her around, I swear Ruby understood every word she said.
    We have to go collect her today, we'll Bury her in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

mymo wrote: »
    Our lovely tortie Ruby was a bit off for a few days, Thursday night/Friday morning she went down hill rapidly, took her to vet Friday morning, massive infection, no idea of source, loads of IV meds, Saturday afternoon she was coming home when we got a call she'd taken a turn for the worse. She had pneumonia and got the dreaded call last night she's gone.
    She was shouting at me and rolling on the sofa for a cuddle on Tuesday night, she wasn't even 6. My daughter is heartbroken, Ruby slept in her bed and followed her around, I swear Ruby understood every word she said.
    We have to go collect her today, we'll Bury her in the garden.

I'm so sorry mymo, I love torties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

So sorry mymo, it’s terrible to lose a beloved pet so suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We buried her in the garden, with 2 unusual plants, a purple evergreen wallflower and a trailing clemetis which grows upright and drops like a willow with white bell flowers.
    We're going to miss her shouting at us and her chirping and growling, and demanding to be dried when she came in from the garden.

So embarrassed, took Esmae to Phoenix Park to do some recall training & ball retrieving, she wasn’t too bad and all in great fun. Mr C hates the park so it’s pretty great to get out.

Well after some well earned rest, she began digging holes in the manicured grass, digging to the sod and biting chunks. I did my best to ‘fix’ but my goodness I was embarrassed. One more thing to add to the training list...

So embarrassed, took Esmae to Phoenix Park to do some recall training & ball retrieving, she wasn’t too bad and all in great fun. Mr C hates the park so it’s pretty great to get out.

Well after some well earned rest, she began digging holes in the manicured grass, digging to the sod and biting chunks. I did my best to ‘fix’ but my goodness I was embarrassed. One more thing to add to the training list...

Yeah Bailey does that and then run laps or runs over to my friend when I scold him!! :rolleyes:

Yeah Bailey does that and then run laps or runs over to my friend when I scold him!! :rolleyes:

:) they must be super happy then cause Esmae does her zoomies first & then ‘gardens’ . Does Baily bite chunks while digging? I’m trying to figure that out ;{

:) they must be super happy then cause Esmae does her zoomies first & then ‘gardens’ . Does Baily bite chunks while digging? I’m trying to figure that out ;{

yes he bites it and his floppy tongue goes black and drips muck-drool :rolleyes: He tends to only do it on one side of the park.... that side was landscaped when there was really bad flooding in Drumcondra so it was flat and they added extra hilly bits to contain the river if it burst again like that... The soil they used was from the port tunnel excavations... some of which were through were reclaimed land ie it used to be a DUMP... so go only know what's in the muck because lots of the dogs eat it and go hyper :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I handstrip my border terrier and normally do a bit a few evenings a week - he likes a little bit being done and definitely prefers it over growing out and having a long session. He's generally a fairly tidy little chap.

Well I've been away for 2 weeks and have come home to a shaggy monster. I didn't realise how much I must take off on a weekly basis but his body is a little unkempt mess and his face is hilarious - I can barely see his eyes with all the brow action going on and the big guard hairs all over his head and under his eyes. I secretly kind-of like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I handstrip my border terrier and normally do a bit a few evenings a week - he likes a little bit being done and definitely prefers it over growing out and having a long session. He's generally a fairly tidy little chap.

Well I've been away for 2 weeks and have come home to a shaggy monster. I didn't realise how much I must take off on a weekly basis but his body is a little unkempt mess and his face is hilarious - I can barely see his eyes with all the brow action going on and the big guard hairs all over his head and under his eyes. I secretly kind-of like it....

It is mad how they look like totally different dogs after they are done!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Knine wrote: »
    It is mad how they look like totally different dogs after they are done!

I'm really bad for doing half his face and leaving the other half til our next session so he walks around looking like he's winking at you...

Groomers everywhere would hate me! :D

Advertisement