Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Muckit wrote: »
    Was up til 3am with the youngest lad. He's got the chicken pox poor little devil and just couldn't get comfortable. We've a nice glider chair which is comfortable.... but it's not a bed!

Anyways decided after mammy took over to order 2 chainsaw chains on Amazon, as you do! :D

Do all kids get them at some stage,?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yeah he has then everywhere, including his mouth! He's only 10mths. His poor little backside and frontend is riiddled aswell. Heat of the nappy l guess. Putting him into cool bath with porridge seemed to give him best relief. Day 6 today. Not out of the woods yet
    Do people use calamine lotion anymore. I can still remember the smell of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

IANAD, but check out Phenergan, if suitable for that young age.

Edit: Wikipedia says "Use is not recommended in those less than two years old due to potentially negative effects on breathing."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Esel wrote: »
    IANAD, but check out Phenergan, if suitable for that young age.

Edit: Wikipedia says "Use is not recommended in those less than two years old due to potentially negative effects on breathing."

Dozol has an antihistamine in it and can help them sleep too

Snowfire wrote: »

You're better off getting them as a kid as they can be shingles if you get them when you're an adult

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    You're better off getting them as a kid as they can be shingles if you get them when you're an adult
    When I young my brother got them and my Mam made sure not to segregate him from me and my other brother. We both got them within a few days. A friend also sent her two children over to our house to play with us so they would get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Base price wrote: »
    Do people use calamine lotion anymore. I can still remember the smell of it.

Tried it, but it appeared to be stinging him.
    Ive been instructed by 'the boss' to get poxclin in the chemist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Dozol has an antihistamine in it and can help them sleep too

Giving him zirtec orally in a syringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Chicken Pox doesn't guarantee you won't get shingles, I've a nephew that got both and only about ten years apart

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Horrible dose. I got them in my thirties because when I got them as a toddler the antibodies didn't kick in. Funny thing was the doctor also said that it would give me some immunity to shingles as I got chicken pox as an adult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

wrangler wrote: »
    Chicken Pox doesn't guarantee you won't get shingles, I've a nephew that got both and only about ten years apart

Yes very common to get both
    Muckit should look up some local with the cure of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Tried it, but it appeared to be stinging him.
    Ive been instructed by 'the boss' to get poxclin in the chemist!!

We used this stuff in the bath when the kids here had them... altho I don’t think they had them bad compared to other people...

https://livebetterwith.com/products/aveeno-soothing-bath-treatment-8-x-42g/?country_code=IE&v=5739&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjpiWvKDf4AIVw7ztCh3HxwAQEAQYAiABEgKRG_D_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I always thought that shingles was something you got when you already had the chicken pox

I always thought that shingles was something you got when you already had the chicken pox

I think you're right, it stays dormant in your system until you're run down, I got chicken pox at twenty one. I was really sick with them
    I was going out with a school teacher when chicken pox was in her school

I think you're right, it stays dormant in your system until you're run down, I got chicken pox at twenty one. I was really sick with them
    I was going out with a school teacher when chicken pox was in her school
    Did she do the honorable thing & nurse you to health 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

That's correct, I had both, one is bad and the other is much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Good news farming boardsie's.

Your all famous.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109552370&postcount=572

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

Did she do the honorable thing & nurse you to health 😉

Some lads have all the luck.:(

Did she do the honorable thing & nurse you to health ��

Wouldn't you wonder how I got infected......:D

Wouldn't you wonder how I got infected......:D

And there was us thinking butter wouldn’t meltðŸ˜
    Once the punishment was worth it ....

• Advertisement

And there was us thinking butter wouldn’t meltðŸ˜
    Once the punishment was worth it ....

Yea 'twas a Dublin school, Parents couldn't understand where it came from.....only case in then locality

Yea 'twas a Dublin school, Parents couldn't understand where it came from.....only case in then locality
    What's with the reference to Dublin - careful now.. :)

What's with the reference to Dublin - careful now.. :)

Ah you're alright it was only chickenpox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Spreading piggy poo for a day is strangely relaxing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Spreading piggy poo for a day is strangely relaxing

It is when you’ve a new fendt on the job!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭visatorro

Snowfire wrote: »

Women can have pox parties. If someone's child gets chicken pox the rest of the ladies can bring their kids around in the hope of infecting them. Get it out of the way.

Women in agriculture, this bugs me. It's not a new thing sure our grannies were milking cows etc. Why make a deal of it. Doesn't matter who does the job as long as it's done.
    I get annoyed anytime I read about the new fangled concept of women in agriculture. It's like we dropped down from the sky and are the latest phenomenon :(

I get annoyed anytime I read about the new fangled concept of women in agriculture. It's like we dropped down from the sky and are the latest phenomenon :(

Same in a lot of things, we'll soon have a female quota in politics,
    I think the number of female County Chairpersons !!!!!! shows that it doesn't matter male or female as long as you want it bad enough.
    Women In Agriculture is actually segregating them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Same in a lot of things, we'll soon have a female quota in politics,
    I think the number of female County Chairpersons !!!!!! shows that it doesn't matter male or female as long as you want it bad enough.
    Women In Agriculture is actually segregating them
    That's true, wrangler.

And then they'll be dismissed as only there because they're female and having to get the job despite X being better but he's only a man.

• Advertisement

Other thing is most of the women they feature are dolled up to the nines, how many wear make up every day out in the yard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement